CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Pics of C7 at my Local Dealership. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3362232-pics-of-c7-at-my-local-dealership.html)

Yoav G 10-23-2013 04:36 PM

A couple of additional details from the dealership, Courtesy Chevrolet, here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...s-adding-mark/

Jimbob26 10-23-2013 04:40 PM

The mark-up is silly, but no more so than at the local Honda dealer where they are adding $2500 "Market Adjustment" to Civics. The dealership may make a profit on a few cars at the expense of return business or referrals, but it says a lot about them, doesn't it?

As my former boss used to say, "Pigs are pigs, but Hogs get slaughtered"

petee1997 10-23-2013 04:47 PM

This is questionable practice and GM wonders why their share of market keeps dropping. GM built a world class C7 plus priced it well under market for a comparable car to rejuvenate the Corvette brand.

Dealers like Courtesy are detrimental to their efforts and all allocations should be given to the team players who spend money training their staff, have exceptional service(equal or better than Porsche) and sell their cars at no more than factory retail.

If I had to pay 100K for that Corvette, from that dealer, it would be an easy decision to buy a 911 from a superior dealer franchise.

In the end, GM would be well served to reduce their Corvette dealers by half and only the ones who invest in their facilities, training, and service would qualify for the privilege of selling their premium brand.

LAK3RS 10-23-2013 04:57 PM

The article states the following.

"we’d encourage you to check your impulses and research the extensive network of dealers that support this site and are looking to make a customer for life, not just a quick one-time sale. If you’d like to comment in the forums, head here."

I don't completely agree with this entirely. Yes, some of the forum vendors are stand up guys and are much knowledgeable about Vettes than your average salesman. Are they looking to make a quick buck - always. If anyone here has been in sales, then you understand that making sales is exactly what is going to put food on your table. You're going to do what you have to do.

The current market dictates MSRP pricing on these cars, but people don't understand that WE are the market. WE can assess the price where need be. Yes, the car is a great deal, and bang for your buck, but people need to understand that a lot of these high volume dealers have not sold all of their allocations, and personally I don't think they will. Supply and demand will catch up.

Over the next few months these cars will continue to sell at MSRP and mark up, and a few dealers will sell at under MSRP. I've seen 5k off already.

Personally, I would never pay MSRP for a car unless I really wanted to get into a Tesla - LOL. I feel that if these vendors, or other salesmen out there wanted to maintain a lifelong relationship with the customer, then they would discount the car for a reasonable amount.

Hell, I intend on purchasing a C7 in the near future, as well as a new truck. I'm waiting on the new 2015 F-Series though, but if they aren't up to my standards I"ll get a Chevy Silverado. The thing is that I'm looking to build a relationship too, and selling me a car at "MSRP" is not a relationship building process.....not even close.

KenHorse 10-23-2013 06:01 PM

Just pulled the trigger today and ordered mine through Benjamin at Boardwalk (courtesy delivery through a local dealer) at MSRP :thumbs:

One of the local dealers here is selling C7's at $20K over MSRP :crazy:

Dominic Toretto 10-23-2013 08:01 PM

I always shop around online first. Find the car I want for the price I want and buy it. Seems simple and works for me every time.

-Alex

bimmerborn 10-23-2013 08:26 PM

http://jalopnik.com/one-dealer-wants...ett-1450691402

z edge 10-23-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bimmerborn (Post 1585250858)

:lol:

Seriously, you'd have to be a fool (with money) to pay $100k for a car with a base price of around 60K

Keep 'Em Flying 10-23-2013 08:38 PM

For that kind of money I'd rather buy a ZR1

phileaglesfan 10-23-2013 09:19 PM

If people are willing to pay $25k or whatever then who cares. Dealer probably has limited available allocation and is trying to make the big kill or just sell it for MSRP later on.

I personally don't buy from dealers with ADP stickers on them, or additional dealer added options that are nothing but pure profit.

The dealer is already making a nice profit just selling the vehicle at MSRP (about 10-15%). I personally wouldn't buy any GM car at MSRP. 3 years later people will complain that their car lost 60% of its "value" and be pissed when people are buying a nicer C7 for the same price they paid.

1bdvet 10-23-2013 09:28 PM

Don't you love when dealership jack up the prices, and expect you to come back to buy more cars from them has they rip you off.

Neil Baker 10-23-2013 10:17 PM

These are the dealers that will NOT get allocation next year, GM IS watching!

Garret 10-23-2013 10:20 PM

A$$ clown dealer...Just put not for sale on them....why even do what they did...

kimdjay 10-23-2013 11:10 PM

Definitely strange to most that a dealer would price like that, but its a business and it makes a business decision. The eventual buyer will do the same. If the dealer can get that price than good for him. If not he'll lower it back to where it should be. Or he'll reduce it and lose when the 2015s start shipping and he's still holding it. And the buyer. Wow think of the mile 1 depreciation he would have at that price. Ha ha.

sam90lx 10-23-2013 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1585251889)
A$$ clown dealer...Just put not for sale on them....why even do what they did...

He wants some fool to buy his Off Shore boat for him!

DallasC7 10-24-2013 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585249534)
Just pulled the trigger today and ordered mine through Benjamin at Boardwalk (courtesy delivery through a local dealer) at MSRP :thumbs:

One of the local dealers here is selling C7's at $20K over MSRP :crazy:

Bought mine for 5k over msrp, WELL worth it. I had a Z51 on order and with the constraints, I wouldn't have seen it until next year. This is perfect weather for taking the top off. I said screw it and brought my new baby home.

Shylor 10-24-2013 03:23 AM

People are idiots paying a $25k markup to this 'Stealership' and ruin it for the rest of us! Even paying MSRP is too much and NOT worth it. Especially when you realize MSRP is an already inflated price with a hefty profit for 'Stealerships'. And that's not counting the holdbacks they also get.

LS3 Monster 10-24-2013 03:46 AM

There are two types of people that would buy those cars. Both exist in this world. One is the guy with millions of dollars who doesn't really care. The second is the idiot that inherited money and doesn't appreciate it.

SCM_Crash 10-24-2013 03:51 AM

+25K?!

That's a tall glass of NOPE! GM honestly shouldn't allow that kind of crap.

Vetteman Jack 10-24-2013 04:07 AM

Someone would have to be a complete idiot to pay $25K above MSRP for a car. Yes, the dealer is free to charge whatever they want for a vehicle, but practices like that would keep me from ever doing business with them.