CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Pics of C7 at my Local Dealership. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3362232-pics-of-c7-at-my-local-dealership.html)

icyteddy 10-22-2013 07:43 PM

Pics of C7 at my Local Dealership.

I went to my local dealership to check out the C7 in person. Took some pics of black one and blue one. It was marked up $25K above MSRP:eek::eek:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...psbc824a85.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps992b1ed6.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps8cb2a3b3.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...pscdeb3a76.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps3bb54b8a.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps17fe4a85.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps61fe1f23.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps3ab950a3.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...psaf66eeae.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps1f9c37ee.jpg

JRBurn 10-22-2013 07:45 PM

Holy @%&* I guess if you want it bad enough.

OnPoint 10-22-2013 07:46 PM

I bet one can get a hi-po model in about a year for that bottom-line number.

Varcix 10-22-2013 07:46 PM

steal of a deal...$100,000??? LoL

LIE2ME 10-22-2013 07:49 PM

Hmmm, Courtesy Chevrolet? Remind me where to NEVER walk my happy a-- into....:ack:

Blvdbrawler 10-22-2013 07:51 PM

Is this real????

Pisswilly 10-22-2013 07:53 PM

Is that Hendrick Chevy?

VRMMMM 10-22-2013 07:55 PM

They can ask whatever they want, its a free country. Who is really going to pay that? :willy:

Eric_G 10-22-2013 07:55 PM

These are the greed stories that are a big negative. Dealer greed verses showing customer loyalty and the customer takes the back seat here.

I am sure they will find someone to buy it with more money than brains...but this is really sad.

ta70raiii 10-22-2013 07:57 PM

I think they will be sitting on those for a while.

:eek:

Dusty Starbucks 10-22-2013 07:58 PM

They don't want to sell them. They want them as eye candy and to draw people. I saw the blue one there a couple weeks ago. They know that at MSRP they would never hold onto one and their allocation will be used up until when, January? If someone wants to pay $100K for a $70K car, then sure! If not, they'll be able to sell it at MSRP.

That blue one was beautiful with the carbon flash stinger stripe.

Thanks for posting

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...475-156445.jpg

icyteddy 10-22-2013 08:01 PM

No joke guys. That is the price they are selling for. This is at Courtesy Chevrolet. From what I am told all the C7 is already sold from that dealership. They also have a red and yellow..1LT out in the back being detail and ready for someone to pick it up. I been to 3 dealership around my area and Courtesy Chevrolet is the only one in Bay Area now that have the C7 Stingray in person. Other than that..it needs to be ordered.

CJJ 10-22-2013 08:02 PM

Rofl

Tony C7 10-22-2013 08:03 PM

That's highway robbery...:yesnod:

pw2006 10-22-2013 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by icyteddy (Post 1585241896)
No joke guys. That is the price they are selling for. This is at Courtesy Chevrolet. From what I am told all the C7 is already sold from that dealership. They also have a red and yellow..1LT out in the back being detail and ready for someone to pick it up. I been to 3 dealership around my area and Courtesy Chevrolet is the only one in Bay Area now that have the C7 Stingray in person. Other than that..it needs to be ordered.

I stopped by Courtesy last weekend to check out their C7s. I was surprised that they had 3 of them out front. One was red that was sold, one was black and then they had the blue car in their showroom. The blue is beautiful! When I asked what was so special about the car to have a $25k markup, he told me it was a numbered car.... I told him they are all numbered. And the sales guys said, well it was a specially numbered car from the first set of cars built. Whatever.

Les 10-22-2013 08:11 PM

That's the way they've always done their Corvette business. They depend on finding "anxious" customers, especially during the early days of a production run. I did my window shopping there when I was looking for my C6 Z06 but went to Boardwalk when it was time to actually buy one. Most local folks know better, but every now and then they actually sell one at their price. :crazy2:

LIE2ME 10-22-2013 08:12 PM

No joke guys. That is the price they are selling for... From what I am told all the C7 is already sold from that dealership. ...I been to 3 dealership around my area and Courtesy Chevrolet is the only one in Bay Area now that have the C7 Stingray in person. Other than that..it needs to be ordered.

And THAT is just one of the reasons I am waiting for the 2015...:eek:

sam90lx 10-22-2013 08:12 PM

Fools born every minute!

KenHorse 10-22-2013 08:12 PM

A local dealer is marking up MSRP + $20K.

Frickin' morons....

flaagan 10-22-2013 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silverblue (Post 1585241799)
Hmmm, Courtesy Chevrolet? Remind me where to NEVER walk my happy a-- into....:ack:

After how I was treated (aka, ignored) by their salesmen when I tried to talk to someone about the C7, Courtesy is never getting my business... and based on the responses from other forum member when I talked about it, sounds like they won't be getting most folks business.

:ack:

flaagan 10-22-2013 08:16 PM

Talk to Tim at Boardwalk, or get in contact with someone at Able through Richie, or stop by Dublin Chevrolet.

Boardwalk up in Palo Alto has one optioned out as a showroom floor 'look only' model, and when I stopped by there the other weekend they had two customer pick-ups on display. I've talked with reps about both Boardwalk and Dublin in person and they're very nice (Dublin reps even said "won't go over MSRP" before I even mentioned pricing). I've yet to talk to anyone at Able, but Richie is their service rep and the dealership as a whole has gotten great reviews from forum members.

I'd never give Courtesy my business, especially considering the bad rap they've gotten since they went under new management a few years back.

Diesel88 10-22-2013 08:20 PM

Highway Robbery But Some People Out There That Have money To Just Throw Away Will Buy It. They Don't Shop Around Like The Rest Of Us Blue Collar People. It Also Gives The Stealership Plenty Of Room To Play With That Insane Markup. If You Buy It For That Price Congrats On Your New Baby And For Being A Huge Sucker. Hahahaha

icyteddy 10-22-2013 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by flaagan (Post 1585242041)
Talk to Tim at Boardwalk, or get in contact with someone at Able through Richie, or stop by Dublin Chevrolet.

Boardwalk up in Palo Alto has one optioned out as a showroom floor 'look only' model, and when I stopped by there the other weekend they had two customer pick-ups on display. I've talked with reps about both Boardwalk and Dublin in person and they're very nice (Dublin reps even said "won't go over MSRP" before I even mentioned pricing). I've yet to talk to anyone at Able, but Richie is their service rep and the dealership as a whole has gotten great reviews from forum members.

I'd never give Courtesy my business, especially considering the bad rap they've gotten since they went under new management a few years back.

Looks like the Courtesy Chevrolet sales guy misinform me about Boardwalk and Dublin. He told me Boardwalk nor Dublin doe not have any. Honestly after looking at the price..I think I will keep my C6 GS a little bit longer.:lol:

bimmerborn 10-22-2013 08:31 PM

I have good experience with Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose. I bought more than 10 (3 new for me) cars from them way below invoice and incentives, or what other dealers offered. My sales person at Courtesy Chevrolet rocks. He called me and showed the Stingray to me the first day they had it in stock. Not to sell me the car, just to show me the car as a courtesy.
Having said that, $25K over MSRP is a joke. But they have sold at that price.
Having said all, I bought my C6 from Boardward (Mr. Tim Boone, down to earth and straight forward guy) even thought I went to Courtesy Chevrolet first and they gave me the best offer they could.

rickriada 10-22-2013 08:39 PM

Walk away from that dealership as you show them your as.My local dealers in the Tampa area that I contacted after the reveal event in January said that they were selling the car at MSRP. I ordered and then bought one at MSRP though I've been raised to never pay MSRP but the TR Z51 was just calling to me like a siren. I took delivery of it on 10/5/13 after "she" arrived at the "rock" to sing her melody to me (and the frau too-equal opportunity "wants"). It shouldn't be sold at MSRP let alone at a market adjustment price but it is a buyers marker for now. For those who are not early adapters, it should be easier to get it closer to dealer invoice as the 2015 models hit the market. Oh well, I like my over-expensive C-7 anyway compared to our two C-6s that we have had since 2008 and 2009.

musclecar6 10-22-2013 08:44 PM

Guys like us buy from forum dealers like Boardwalk, not these clowns. Someone from silicon valley who hit it big, would be a perfect chump for them to unload them on, at these outrageous markups.

HollywoodC7 10-22-2013 08:46 PM

That makes that dealership LOOK really bad....I am a business man and I must tell you....when you lift your skirt high enough to show the public that you are taking advantage of them due to supply and demand emotionally.....BAD move

Rich Mickol 10-22-2013 08:48 PM

:eek::ack::eek::ack::leaving:

BMadden 10-22-2013 08:54 PM

It's a shame that a jerk off dealership like that is one of the 900 that's allowed allocation while my local dealer who is truly a stand up guy can't even get one.

OnPoint 10-22-2013 08:55 PM

Well they did throw in the orange peel paint for free. . . .

DAC17 10-22-2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by silverblue (Post 1585241799)
hmmm, courtesy chevrolet? Remind me where to never walk my happy a-- into....:ack:

++1

BBMedic 10-22-2013 09:16 PM

I'd tell that dealer to take his $25.000.00 and stick it up his $??.. That's just crazy..

Racerdj 10-22-2013 09:22 PM

A bubble is forming just like real estate.

peter pan 10-22-2013 09:29 PM

I would never buy from this stealership or have work done on any of my vehicles.

2K14C7 10-22-2013 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm not going to put out the dealers name so he doesn't get a ton of phone calls but here in the St. Louis area they are a little better at dealing.

This ad has ran in the weekend paper for the last 2 weeks.

HogwildC7 10-22-2013 09:45 PM

they cant be serious this is crazy

robertbruce 10-22-2013 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by pw2006 (Post 1585241968)
I stopped by Courtesy last weekend to check out their C7s. I was surprised that they had 3 of them out front. One was red that was sold, one was black and then they had the blue car in their showroom. The blue is beautiful! When I asked what was so special about the car to have a $25k markup, he told me it was a numbered car.... I told him they are all numbered. And the sales guys said, well it was a specially numbered car from the first set of cars built. Whatever.

Your dealer was right. It is a numbered car. It is a premium edition and only 500 were built. You also get a 900.00 luggage set. On the dash below the radio will tell you what number 1 to 500 it is.

Dusty Starbucks 10-23-2013 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by flaagan (Post 1585242010)
After how I was treated (aka, ignored) by their salesmen when I tried to talk to someone about the C7, Courtesy is never getting my business... and based on the responses from other forum member when I talked about it, sounds like they won't be getting most folks business.

:ack:

:iagree:
Yeah, I'd never buy from this bunch. They call me when they get new ones in so I can look at the colors, but I wouldn't buy or have a car serviced there.

I went in a month ago and they had a new C7 on the lift with a guy in the corner putting the cooling rings on the car! Fools. The detail shop is a filthy mess, most of the sales people are arrogant and know little about the product they sell. I do get to go and look at colors though, so I'm glad they are there. :)

09C6inWA 10-23-2013 12:37 AM

That markup is almost as much as I paid for '09 1LT w/10.5k miles this past January.

Kingspoke 10-23-2013 01:41 AM

There are several bay area dealerships that advertise on the net which apparently have C7's in stock.

It appears that Courtesy is advertising a C7 matching the description of the aforementioned Vette in this tread;

Standard Listings
$75,760
$75,760MSRP

New 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Laguna Blue
17 MPG City/29 MPG Hwy

Courtesy Chevrolet Get this seller's phone number

Get a free, instant offer on your trade-in

Guibo 10-23-2013 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by VRMMMM (Post 1585241850)
They can ask whatever they want, its a free country. Who is really going to pay that? :willy:

Someone who might make $25k in a quarterly bonus. With companies like Facebook, Google, Intel, Cisco, Ebay, Adobe, and Apple having headquarters or major offices in that area, that's not hard to find. According to Google Maps, you can hit all seven of those companies, and that dealer, in just over a 1 hour drive (assuming no traffic). Lot of pharmaceutical, biotech, and venture capital firms there too.

Nitrous Oxide 10-23-2013 02:50 AM

I would have to check, but I think they still have quite a few C6's to move. Put an exorbitant C7 next to a C6. It could make sense.

That said, that's where I saw a reasonably priced ZR1 for the first time (at MSRP).

Trackaholic 10-23-2013 03:58 AM

The whole point of the markup is so that no-one will buy the car. They want it there to draw attention, which makes sense.

I'm sure if you order one through them you can get it for MSRP like most other dealers, you'll just need to wait for an allocation and possibly for certain constraints to end (depending on the options you want).

I have no problem with a dealer marking up a car like that, I'd just never pay it. I do think they should be honest about it though, and not make up crap (even though they were correct about the blue car being a "numbered" version - the black one with the same markup isn't though). They should just say that they aren't ready to sell the cars unless someone really wants to pay for it.

-T

Blackdevil77 10-23-2013 06:43 AM

That's absolutely ridiculous. If not selling it is what they want, I hope they get their wish. I hope nobody buys it at that price. If I was a multi-millionaire I wouldn't pay that. I don't like being taken advantage of.

Sin City 10-23-2013 08:12 AM

California.

'Nuf said.

USCGTO 10-23-2013 08:24 AM

the dealer is about to get free press....

John_R 10-23-2013 08:39 AM

Should send the picture to Dan Akerson.

$100,000 ? wow does it come with a 10 year Free maintenance program and a C7 loaner program VIP treatment?

Dealers like that should lose their license period.

EDIT:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9150/nqul.jpg

For the DIY

The cost of all these products = $29.81 :lol:

Larry/car 10-23-2013 09:08 AM

I have no problem with the 25 thousand markup. Sit down with the sales person, get their price on your current C6 trade, now get out your magic marker and mark up that price 35 thousand. See how they handle that. I call it fun with numbers. It is magic marker thing!

harlold 10-23-2013 09:25 AM

It is nice they do it, because it lets you know which dealers to never do business with, ever.

lt4obsesses 10-23-2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Trackaholic (Post 1585244267)
The whole point of the markup is so that no-one will buy the car. They want it there to draw attention, which makes sense.

I'm sure if you order one through them you can get it for MSRP like most other dealers, you'll just need to wait for an allocation and possibly for certain constraints to end (depending on the options you want).

I have no problem with a dealer marking up a car like that, I'd just never pay it. I do think they should be honest about it though, and not make up crap (even though they were correct about the blue car being a "numbered" version - the black one with the same markup isn't though). They should just say that they aren't ready to sell the cars unless someone really wants to pay for it.

-T

I get them wanting to hold on to a couple for display. However, I really think this might be the wrong way to go about that. It really, and obviously from the reaction here, gives this dealer a bad reputation. Which will wind up turning away some folks wanting to buy any car from them.

Why not just put a sign on it that says 'not for sale'? Explain that they want these here for display, and offer to take an order from the customer. Perhaps even make a deal with them to buy it when stock levels increase. Then, if a customer has more money than patience makes an offer over and above msrp to take it home today, that's on customer, sure why not?

But putting these ridiculous mark ups on the car really makes the dealer look bad, IMO.

turbota 10-23-2013 11:04 AM

What a Joke!!!!!!!

Sin City 10-23-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by turbota (Post 1585246113)
What a Joke!!!!!!!

It's a stupid joke.

But it's Frisco. They pay $10 a bottle for French water there.

Hurricane 10-23-2013 11:57 AM

Not a dealer I would be buying a Vette - or any other car - from...

millpond 10-23-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1585246548)

But it's Frisco.

We call it "The City".

bdanyluk 10-23-2013 12:03 PM

Invisible protection = doesn't exist

Nitrous Oxide 10-23-2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1585246548)
It's a stupid joke.

But it's Frisco. They pay $10 a bottle for French water there.

Well it's San Jose. But we let SF steal the show. :D

JoesC5 10-23-2013 12:12 PM

They can ask the higher price while the car is on the showroom floor with the floor plan in effect. When they start having to pay the interest on the loan, and other dealers have unsold cars on their showroom floor for MSRP or below, they will drop the price. They are hoping someone will come along and pay over MSRP. Even if they have it on the showroom floor for a month and then they let some smooth talker(LOL) negotiate the price down to MSRP. they haven't lost any money vs selling it on the first day they received it, for MSRP.

zland 10-23-2013 12:33 PM

Why Are so many upset? Porsche guys pay much more for their cars and it makes them feel special. This chevy dealer is simply applying porsche economics 101 to market their product. I bet the leather on these C7s smell better than the ones many bought for MSRP :)

Tri-Tip 10-23-2013 02:17 PM

Supply and Demand, if someone has the demand, they have the supply.

My guess is that they'll be sitting in on for a while.

KayJay 10-23-2013 04:23 PM

If I was a customer at this dealership, not even looking for a Corvette, and saw that price, I think I would walk out without bothering to speak to a salesperson...as stated previously, just put a "display only" sign on the car and remove the markup from the sticker. What a bunch of baboons (sorry if I insulted any baboons)!

Yoav G 10-23-2013 04:36 PM

A couple of additional details from the dealership, Courtesy Chevrolet, here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...s-adding-mark/

Jimbob26 10-23-2013 04:40 PM

The mark-up is silly, but no more so than at the local Honda dealer where they are adding $2500 "Market Adjustment" to Civics. The dealership may make a profit on a few cars at the expense of return business or referrals, but it says a lot about them, doesn't it?

As my former boss used to say, "Pigs are pigs, but Hogs get slaughtered"

petee1997 10-23-2013 04:47 PM

This is questionable practice and GM wonders why their share of market keeps dropping. GM built a world class C7 plus priced it well under market for a comparable car to rejuvenate the Corvette brand.

Dealers like Courtesy are detrimental to their efforts and all allocations should be given to the team players who spend money training their staff, have exceptional service(equal or better than Porsche) and sell their cars at no more than factory retail.

If I had to pay 100K for that Corvette, from that dealer, it would be an easy decision to buy a 911 from a superior dealer franchise.

In the end, GM would be well served to reduce their Corvette dealers by half and only the ones who invest in their facilities, training, and service would qualify for the privilege of selling their premium brand.

LAK3RS 10-23-2013 04:57 PM

The article states the following.

"we’d encourage you to check your impulses and research the extensive network of dealers that support this site and are looking to make a customer for life, not just a quick one-time sale. If you’d like to comment in the forums, head here."

I don't completely agree with this entirely. Yes, some of the forum vendors are stand up guys and are much knowledgeable about Vettes than your average salesman. Are they looking to make a quick buck - always. If anyone here has been in sales, then you understand that making sales is exactly what is going to put food on your table. You're going to do what you have to do.

The current market dictates MSRP pricing on these cars, but people don't understand that WE are the market. WE can assess the price where need be. Yes, the car is a great deal, and bang for your buck, but people need to understand that a lot of these high volume dealers have not sold all of their allocations, and personally I don't think they will. Supply and demand will catch up.

Over the next few months these cars will continue to sell at MSRP and mark up, and a few dealers will sell at under MSRP. I've seen 5k off already.

Personally, I would never pay MSRP for a car unless I really wanted to get into a Tesla - LOL. I feel that if these vendors, or other salesmen out there wanted to maintain a lifelong relationship with the customer, then they would discount the car for a reasonable amount.

Hell, I intend on purchasing a C7 in the near future, as well as a new truck. I'm waiting on the new 2015 F-Series though, but if they aren't up to my standards I"ll get a Chevy Silverado. The thing is that I'm looking to build a relationship too, and selling me a car at "MSRP" is not a relationship building process.....not even close.

KenHorse 10-23-2013 06:01 PM

Just pulled the trigger today and ordered mine through Benjamin at Boardwalk (courtesy delivery through a local dealer) at MSRP :thumbs:

One of the local dealers here is selling C7's at $20K over MSRP :crazy:

Dominic Toretto 10-23-2013 08:01 PM

I always shop around online first. Find the car I want for the price I want and buy it. Seems simple and works for me every time.

-Alex

bimmerborn 10-23-2013 08:26 PM

http://jalopnik.com/one-dealer-wants...ett-1450691402

z edge 10-23-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bimmerborn (Post 1585250858)

:lol:

Seriously, you'd have to be a fool (with money) to pay $100k for a car with a base price of around 60K

Keep 'Em Flying 10-23-2013 08:38 PM

For that kind of money I'd rather buy a ZR1

phileaglesfan 10-23-2013 09:19 PM

If people are willing to pay $25k or whatever then who cares. Dealer probably has limited available allocation and is trying to make the big kill or just sell it for MSRP later on.

I personally don't buy from dealers with ADP stickers on them, or additional dealer added options that are nothing but pure profit.

The dealer is already making a nice profit just selling the vehicle at MSRP (about 10-15%). I personally wouldn't buy any GM car at MSRP. 3 years later people will complain that their car lost 60% of its "value" and be pissed when people are buying a nicer C7 for the same price they paid.

1bdvet 10-23-2013 09:28 PM

Don't you love when dealership jack up the prices, and expect you to come back to buy more cars from them has they rip you off.

Neil Baker 10-23-2013 10:17 PM

These are the dealers that will NOT get allocation next year, GM IS watching!

Garret 10-23-2013 10:20 PM

A$$ clown dealer...Just put not for sale on them....why even do what they did...

kimdjay 10-23-2013 11:10 PM

Definitely strange to most that a dealer would price like that, but its a business and it makes a business decision. The eventual buyer will do the same. If the dealer can get that price than good for him. If not he'll lower it back to where it should be. Or he'll reduce it and lose when the 2015s start shipping and he's still holding it. And the buyer. Wow think of the mile 1 depreciation he would have at that price. Ha ha.

sam90lx 10-23-2013 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1585251889)
A$$ clown dealer...Just put not for sale on them....why even do what they did...

He wants some fool to buy his Off Shore boat for him!

DallasC7 10-24-2013 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1585249534)
Just pulled the trigger today and ordered mine through Benjamin at Boardwalk (courtesy delivery through a local dealer) at MSRP :thumbs:

One of the local dealers here is selling C7's at $20K over MSRP :crazy:

Bought mine for 5k over msrp, WELL worth it. I had a Z51 on order and with the constraints, I wouldn't have seen it until next year. This is perfect weather for taking the top off. I said screw it and brought my new baby home.

Shylor 10-24-2013 03:23 AM

People are idiots paying a $25k markup to this 'Stealership' and ruin it for the rest of us! Even paying MSRP is too much and NOT worth it. Especially when you realize MSRP is an already inflated price with a hefty profit for 'Stealerships'. And that's not counting the holdbacks they also get.

LS3 Monster 10-24-2013 03:46 AM

There are two types of people that would buy those cars. Both exist in this world. One is the guy with millions of dollars who doesn't really care. The second is the idiot that inherited money and doesn't appreciate it.

SCM_Crash 10-24-2013 03:51 AM

+25K?!

That's a tall glass of NOPE! GM honestly shouldn't allow that kind of crap.

Vetteman Jack 10-24-2013 04:07 AM

Someone would have to be a complete idiot to pay $25K above MSRP for a car. Yes, the dealer is free to charge whatever they want for a vehicle, but practices like that would keep me from ever doing business with them.

harmonyp 10-24-2013 05:02 AM

Great...I'm getting a courtesy delivery through them ( nice - courtesy delivery through courtesy chevrolet with the not-so courteous markup). Work with forum vendor has been fabulous. This part makes me nervous tho, and more now with this info.

C7Joy 10-24-2013 07:06 AM

Nothing like a little price gouge! Not happening with me!! I'll keep my C6 if that's the game.

bluedevil 1 10-24-2013 07:52 AM

The Laguna Blue car is a Premier Edition. BG is building 500 coupes and 500 convertibles and yes, they have a special sequence vin. The dealers did not order them and didn't know they were getting them. The idea was that since they were not presold, the dealers would be able to put it on the show room floor and use them for marketing purposes. Please do not mistake my comment for any type of acceptance of what Courtesy is doing. As we all know, they own the car and can ask any thing they wish. My dealer sold their Premier Edition at MSRP and were happy to have a satisfied customer.

Rupert pupkin 10-24-2013 08:50 AM

CRAZY!!! If people pay 25k above sticker price, then that's them. I guess they like getting bent over and taking 1.

Speedforhire 10-24-2013 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1585242404)
Well they did throw in the orange peel paint for free. . . .

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that. Simply horrendous! :eek:

I think I've fallen off the fence on this new car..........:cheers:

HyperX 10-24-2013 09:42 AM

These dealers are the reason the Tesla sales model is going to take over. This is also why the dealers of America are trying to do everything so that that model never works.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_24134024/

DON T. 10-24-2013 10:19 AM

I understand being five or so thousand upside down driving off a dealers lot on a new car purchase with zero down. BUT 40K!! As said earlier, there is a fool born every min....

sfc rick 10-24-2013 02:36 PM

Idiots.... how would you like to be the guy that knows he was raped and still know he might as well made a $25,000 pile in his yard and burned it. A year from now he'll be crying in his pillow and even more so when others will be driving the same car at used car prices.

Jimbob26 10-24-2013 02:37 PM

Looking at this another way is the Ferrari customer, who often must pay gobs above MSRP and wait a good bit for a car that is overpriced to begin with. You see an F12 with an MSRP of ~$285K but will fetch close to $350-400K optioned out. Now that's crazy.

As for paying $25K over MSRP for this dealer's C7 I wouldn't (and didn't do it, I paid MSRP). An informed buyer would do his/her research and find out they could get a car at MSRP elsewhere, or order from a Forum dealer at MSRP. An uninformed buyer...well there you go.

speedlink 10-24-2013 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ta70raiii (Post 1585241864)
I think they will be sitting on those for a while.

:eek:

I'm sure they don't care. If someone is foolish enough to buy it they are happy.

But they are using that as a bargaining chip to sell their remaining 2013 inventory. IMO

SCM_Crash 10-24-2013 10:48 PM

If they charged me 25K over MSRP, I wouldn't have been able to buy the car.

It's really that simple. It wouldn't even be a choice for me.

Jontall 10-25-2013 12:56 AM

GM needs to do something about this dealership...

89vette 10-25-2013 08:23 AM

I think its the dealers right to charge whatever they want to for their cars. They need to strike while the iron is hot. Let's face it, it won't be long before they are discounting and offering rebates to move these.

lastcowboy 10-25-2013 08:59 AM

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...owboy/4753.gif

WHAT...

sdk 10-25-2013 08:14 PM

A fool and his money are soon parted.

That Chevy dealer should have his franchise yanked and stuffed up his @#$%^^&*

Doubletap 10-30-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jontall (Post 1585261435)
GM needs to do something about this dealership...

Why? You don't have to shop there. Soon the government will be choosing what car you drive anyway. :D Like others have said supply and demand.
Some people think paying msrp is ridiculous.

PLRX 10-30-2013 08:38 PM

This crap reminds me when the C4 ZR-1s came out. Many dealers were selling them for $100,000, and they sold them.

Yes, $100K 20+ years ago.

lt4obsesses 10-30-2013 11:38 PM

Seriously, for $100K you could buy a gently used ZR1 or a new 427 Vert and take a really nice roadtrip to Vegas for a week or two of debauchery. (Or shows, depending on who's in the passenger seat)

Never-Enough 10-30-2013 11:44 PM

$20k worth of options making it $75k?! Jesus, that's too much for a non Z car.