CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   VIN 1169 tinted and lowered (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3356084-vin-1169-tinted-and-lowered.html)

ChevyChad 10-14-2013 09:09 AM

The car looks absolutely gorgeous! Well done on some very tasteful mods. I do have one question for ya though- Does your car have MSRC? If so, how does lowering affect the ride? I would think that with all the sensors and computed algorithms that are programmed into the C7 that this should need to be accounted for in some way, or it would mess up some of the advanced traction control and ride modes. Especially now with seemingly everything from the ABS to the steering, to the eDiff now being controlled with the plethora of sensors and onboard electronics…

mammoth713 10-14-2013 09:15 AM

:crazy: I usually dislike silver as a color on a sports car but holy $*(# that looks great!:cheers:

Hemi Dave 10-14-2013 09:26 AM

You turned a fantastic looking car into an even more fantastic looking car......

Mine will also be tinted and lowered on the stock bolts when I get it.

Glen e 10-14-2013 09:27 AM

I'm very surprised that so many ask so many questions on whether this will screw this up here, or mess that up there..CHEVY MADE THE CAR THIS WAY...Obviously they would not have put the bolts there if it was going to do damage to anything. And lowering the car for looks is not what they had in mind, but what alot of us will do, as it's the side benefit of corner balancing - the reason the bolts are there to adjust for racing.

You are only lowrring approx .75 inch. That not enuf to do any damage to elec gizmos, tires, alignment, etc...

Now coilovers and a 2 inch drop changes everything, and not what chevy intended.

jd_black_00 10-14-2013 09:39 AM

GORGEOUS!!! :thumbs:

JW Motorsports 10-14-2013 09:42 AM

Looks great :thumbs:

ChevyChad 10-14-2013 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585170796)
I'm very surprised that so many ask so many questions on whether this will screw this up here, or mess that up there..CHEVY MADE THE CAR THIS WAY...Obviously they would not have put the bolts there if it was going to do damage to anything. And lowering the car for looks is not what they had in mind, but what alot of us will do, as it's the side benefit of corner balancing - the reason the bolts are there to adjust for racing.

You are only lowrring approx .75 inch. That not enuf to do any damage to elec gizmos, tires, alignment, etc...

Now coilovers and a 2 inch drop changes everything, and not what chevy intended.

There is no way that you can know that lowering wont have any effect on the electronics of the C7 unless you are one of the engineers who designed it.

I know the benefits of lowering a vette, both my C5 and my C6Z were lowered. But they did not have msrc, nor did they have all the sensors that the C7 has.

And I definitely disagree with you about the alignment. If you alter the ride height at all, the car should be re-aligned. There is no way that you can lower it and not affect the cast and camber. It is simple geometry. At the very least, you should have the alignment checked on the car. Most shops will do that for free anyways, so it will not hurt to have it checked.

Glen e 10-14-2013 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyChad (Post 1585171211)
There is no way that you can know that lowering wont have any effect on the electronics of the C7 unless you are one of the engineers who designed it.

I know the benefits of lowering a vette, both my C5 and my C6Z were lowered. But they did not have msrc, nor did they have all the sensors that the C7 has.

And I definitely disagree with you about the alignment. If you alter the ride height at all, the car should be re-aligned. There is no way that you can lower it and not affect the cast and camber. It is simple geometry. At the very least, you should have the alignment checked on the car. Most shops will do that for free anyways, so it will not hurt to have it checked.

so they designed lowering bolts, so it could screw up the car?

not buying it...but whatever, as my daughter says....Eric at Lashway lowered his C7 and then put it on the alignment - no adjustment needed - I'll believe him...

ChevyChad 10-14-2013 11:39 AM

Im not saying that lowering a C7 with msrc will mess it up, but i dont know for a fact that it wont. And neither do you..

I lowered my C5 and it did need to be realigned afterwards and it was not lowered much. My C6 was already lowered when I bought it, but it was realigned as well after lowering.

Crushinator 10-14-2013 12:51 PM

Car looks great! I love it.:cheers:

sweetcharity 10-14-2013 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mdm23 (Post 1585155624)
Remove the stingray altogether. Definately black out the grill. Has anyone blacked out the grill get? If not, I'm surprised.

:iagree: The spermy fish have got to go...that and blacking out the braces :thumbs: Looks great though!

Glen e 10-14-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by sweetcharity (Post 1585172804)
:iagree: The spermy fish have got to go...that and blacking out the braces :thumbs: Looks great though!

this and the mufflers too...

sajonf 10-15-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585173067)
this and the mufflers too...

What are you suggesting I do with the mufflers? Remove them or black them out? :lol:

66dreams 10-15-2013 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by sajonf (Post 1585152725)
I did. Took me about an hour in the driveway today. It was a pretty easy process.

Do you recall the hex sized used on the lowering bolt? I want to buy a ratcheting box wrench.

sajonf 10-15-2013 01:10 PM

10mm. I was able to use a ratchet on the back all the way but the fronts were more difficult. I got to a certain point and could not remove the wrench because there wasn't clearance between the lowering bolt and the shock absorber. So I had to use a standard 10mm wrench for the last bit. What a PITA - my hands are still bruised from yanking on that damn wrench with no leverage. Hopefully you can find a tool that works better

Philr56 10-15-2013 01:26 PM

BSM shows off the C7s curves and creases better than any other color, IMHO.

Gobot 10-15-2013 01:28 PM

:thumbs:

Looks great!

ZL-1 10-15-2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by sajonf (Post 1585152674)
Not sure what else I will do but she is heading in the right direction.]

Looks good so far :thumbs: I'm surprised nobody has suggested painting the sides of the roof panel blade silver as on the exposed CF roof option.

sam90lx 10-15-2013 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sajonf (Post 1585152674)
This car is freaking incredible! So far about 200 miles although I have had her about a week and have been busy. So far the only mods have been window tint, .75" lowered on stock bolts and side marker blackouts. Not sure what else I will do but she is heading in the right direction.

http://i42.tinypic.com/107j41l.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/xdifxt.jpg

Looks Great! Silver and black wheels work very well on this car!

sam90lx 10-15-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sajonf (Post 1585181468)
What are you suggesting I do with the mufflers? Remove them or black them out? :lol:

Black Akrapovic Carbon Fiber tip setup when released.:thumbs: