CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   An honest inquiry (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3355780-an-honest-inquiry.html)

Big Dan 427 10-11-2013 08:26 AM

An honest inquiry

Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7, it is more about GM and their lack of quality control.

I really have no idea what the % of new owners are posters/members here on the forum but it is unreal how many complaints and issues have been posted in a few week period. My point is if we are reading just what is posted here I wonder how many other dissatisfied new owners are out there.

I completely understand that things do happen when a product is mass produced but the amount of problems that have been stated are just staggering. I won't get into the specific issues I've read about but I will ask, why is the apparent build and quality process so seemingly inferior?

I have been with Acura for 21 years and I can tell you that I have never seen with our product paint peeling, parts missing, misalignment, unfilled fluids etc. not to mention the electronic and other issues some have posted here. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying we don't have problems too but we aren't selling iconic 60-70k sports cars, and what problems we do have pale in comparison.

Again this is not about the C7, it's about how disappointing the QC and refinement of the C7 is. For the guys who have a "perfect" car count your blessings, for the guys who are dealing with minor or major issues I hope you can see it through and your cars are also perfect soon.

Does anyone else think the amount of problems seem to be exorbitant? Lastly this is a thread about opinions of people who post here whether they have a 7 or not, please do not turn it into anything else!:cheers:

runutzzzzz 10-11-2013 08:31 AM

My car isn't perfect but everything is fixable. I'm willing to deal with any issues that arise because I know GM will make it right.

jschindler 10-11-2013 08:33 AM

I do agree. When the C7 came out, there were a few problems that cropped up, like a crank bolt that came off and caused major problems for a handful of cars. But in the case of the C7 it does not seem to be failures, it seems to be sloppy assembly.

To your point, I think the C7 is a great car and I would not hesitate at all to buy one, but it does seem like there are an unusual number of this sort of problem.

MThomas 10-11-2013 08:37 AM

I don't know about others on here, but every time I build a house I ALWAYS have issues after the purchase and the house cost a hell of a lot more than our corvettes!!! They all get corrected and life goes on. Just my two cents. Sorry.

doneski 10-11-2013 08:38 AM

to be honest... that's the reason I'm going to Porsche. Because the quality is just NOT there with GM. With the customer service and the quality of the build. If I am going to spend 60-70k, I want something stable and reliable.

Glenmcp 10-11-2013 08:39 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that GM customer service is a mess. Most Vettes do not have a major problem. Minor issues are fixed quickly be a dealer. Major issues do take time and you have to take it upon yourself to get GM to correct things in a timely fashion. Having said that, if you love Vettes, you have to take the poor service as part of the deal. It should not be that way, but it is. And now, the flame posts will begin!

OnPoint 10-11-2013 08:43 AM

I think it's hard to guage one way or the other at this stage. The thing I've noticed with the issues that have been reported is the widely varying nature of them. It's not surprising to have a supplier fall down and supply a component that is discovered to need changed. But the varying nature of the issues is notable.

I don't think we've got enough reports from the cars currently released to draw any conclusions. I suspect we'll get a better feel for that in the coming weeks. I also think once the plant and its suppliers hit a "groove" on production and tweaks that forthcoming cars even yet in this MY will be quite solid.

And one upside is that no magazine has seen pieces flying off it during testing, which is a very public black eye the SRT fellas had to endure.

Big Dan 427 10-11-2013 08:44 AM

Some great feedback so far guys, thanks!:thumbs: I'd like to add that my 427 which is now a little over a year old (only 1200 miles..:hide:) has been flawless.

I don't doubt for a second that a new product will have some teething problems, it's just that some of those problems shouldn't exist IMO.

OnPoint 10-11-2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585148031)
I'd like to add that my 427 which is now a little over a year old (only 1200 miles..:hide:) has been flawless.

Dang Dan,

You need to drive that beast some more. :thumbs:

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 08:49 AM

Considering that the majority of new owners don't even know about this forum there is a real chance that the quality is even worse. These problems that are surfacing are more frequent than what I recall from the C6. From the looks of it they are just pushing product out of the factory as quick as they can with the expectation that the dealer will correct a lot of these issues. That is just unacceptable in my opinion since the new GM is supposed to be quality conscious. I hope this mindset has not permeated into the engine and transmission plants or we will have bigger issues to complain about. :ack:

C7_Z06 10-11-2013 08:50 AM

Whether minor or major, my Camaro SS has/had issues... my Boss 302 has/had issues... both of my previous Porsches had issues... my previous BMW M3 had issues... my previous E55 AMG had issues. But at the end of the day, I was still quite content when I owned them and very happy with the ones I still currently own. And I won't let the posted issues detract or persuade me away from owning a new C7 soon.

So IMO, certain forum folks simply over-emphasizes or over-exaggerates the sporadic problems that pop up (some are major of course) and like to make these issues the end-all be-all claim about GM's so-called poor QC across the entire production assembly. There will be some problems but I don't think it's representative of making statements & conclusions such as 'problems are staggering' or 'build and quality process so seemingly inferior'.

I won't lose sleep over it. Just staying :cool: and optimistic awaiting my Stingray.

OnPoint 10-11-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray (Post 1585148078)
Whether minor or major, my Camaro SS has/had issues... my Boss 302 has/had issues... both of my previous Porsches had issues... my previous BMW M3 had issues... my previous E55 AMG had issues. But at the end of the day, I was still quite content when I owned them and very happy with the ones I still currently own.

Whoa now, I thought German cars were perfect. . . . . :D

C7_Z06 10-11-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1585148102)
Whoa now, I thought German cars were perfect. . . . . :D

And yet they were... :skep:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D

csf 10-11-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by doneski (Post 1585147975)
to be honest... that's the reason I'm going to Porsche. Because the quality is just NOT there with GM. With the customer service and the quality of the build. If I am going to spend 60-70k, I want something stable and reliable.

As a previous Porsche owner I would say good luck with that. (for example Google RMS failure). In my experince my GM dealers have had far better customer service, and with less attitude.

I have posted before I believe if you want a near perfect automobile you better buy a Japanese product. If you want a "premium" sports car like a Vette, a Porsche, a Jaguar, an Aston Martin, etc you are absolutely gonna have issues with all of them and you are also gonna have to "pay to play" once the warranty is up . . . sometimes alot.

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by csf (Post 1585148136)
As a previous Porsche owner I would say good luck with that. (for example Google RMS failure). In my experince my GM dealers have had far better customer service.

I have posted before I believe if you want a near perfect automobile you better buy a Japanese product. If you want a "premium" sports car like a Vette, a Porsche, a Jaguar, an Aston Martin, etc you are absolutely gonna have issues with all of them and you are also gonna have to "pay to play" once the warranty is up . . . sometimes alot.

To be fair to Porsche the RMS issue was a design issue not a manufacturing issue. The crappy little problems happening with the C7 are production issues that are occurring during the build of the car. I have yet to see a Porsche coming off the truck at a dealer missing door sills, seat trim or differential fluid. GM has some explaining to do in my opinion.

jspridge 10-11-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148067)
Considering that the majority of new owners don't even know about this forum there is a real chance that the quality is even worse. These problems that are surfacing are more frequent than what I recall from the C6. From the looks of it they are just pushing product out of the factory as quick as they can with the expectation that the dealer will correct a lot of these issues. That is just unacceptable in my opinion since the new GM is supposed to be quality conscious. I hope this mindset has not permeated into the engine and transmission plants or we will have bigger issues to complain about. :ack:

An alternative viewpoint for everyone... BG has now produced 3,500 of these cars, and because of the natural tendency to complain louder and more consistently than we compliment, coupled with the unique ability of internet message boards to enable quasi-anonymous complaining to the world, we've been informed of problems with a dozen or so of them. Let's be generous and say that 50 forum members have reported a minor issue. If that's the case, then less than 2% of the cars have come out with even a minor problem that we know about. I'm pretty pleased with that statistic (so far). After having observed the assembly of my C7 a week ago, I can tell you that the people building these cars have an enormous sense of pride in their work and in their product. They have to build them with the parts that are baing supplied though, and with so many manufacturer's parts going into this car, there is bound to be a problem or two.

icntdrv55 10-11-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Glenmcp (Post 1585147986)
There is no doubt in my mind that GM customer service is a mess.

Given the awful spell that all car manufacturers have gone through lately, this really shouldn't surprise anyone. I worked for a large Fortune 500 company--presumably many of us here have as well--and even though the company didn't have the financial problems that GM/Ford/Chrysler had, they have been aggressively cutting staff at all levels to keep the quarterly profits from falling during the recession.

I would bet that GM's Customer Service organization staffing is a mere shadow of what it was prior to the recession. Hopefully, as the economy improves, this will change for the better. This may also be a reflection of what is happening in the plant. Line employee staffing has likely been reduced, but I guarantee that the QC staffing at the final check point is even more affected. While the customer usually doesn't perceive it this way, large corporations unfortunately see these positions as unnecessary/extraneous in times of tight money.

Glenmcp 10-11-2013 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by icntdrv55 (Post 1585148171)
Given the awful spell that all car manufacturers have gone through lately, this really shouldn't surprise anyone. I worked for a large Fortune 500 company--presumably many of us here have as well--and even though the company didn't have the financial problems that GM/Ford/Chrysler had, they have been aggressively cutting staff at all levels to keep the quarterly profits from falling during the recession.

I would bet that GM's Customer Service organization staffing is a mere shadow of what it was prior to the recession. Hopefully, as the economy improves, this will change for the better. This may also be a reflection of what is happening in the plant. Line employee staffing has likely been reduced, but I guarantee that the QC staffing at the final check point is even more affected. While the customer usually doesn't perceive it this way, large corporations unfortunately see these positions as unnecessary/extraneous in times of tight money.

Good point. At a large company it takes an employee years to become an expert at all of the company workings and gain many personal contacts. I suspect big companies have lost a lot of knowledge in the cost cutting. We all know that finding the person that really knows what they are doing is the key.

torijona 10-11-2013 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585147911)
Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7, it is more about GM and their lack of quality control.

I really have no idea what the % of new owners are posters/members here on the forum but it is unreal how many complaints and issues have been posted in a few week period. My point is if we are reading just what is posted here I wonder how many other dissatisfied new owners are out there.

I completely understand that things do happen when a product is mass produced but the amount of problems that have been stated are just staggering. I won't get into the specific issues I've read about but I will ask, why is the apparent build and quality process so seemingly inferior?

I have been with Acura for 21 years and I can tell you that I have never seen with our product paint peeling, parts missing, misalignment, unfilled fluids etc. not to mention the electronic and other issues some have posted here. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying we don't have problems too but we aren't selling iconic 60-70k sports cars, and what problems we do have pale in comparison.

Again this is not about the C7, it's about how disappointing the QC and refinement of the C7 is. For the guys who have a "perfect" car count your blessings, for the guys who are dealing with minor or major issues I hope you can see it through and your cars are also perfect soon.

Does anyone else think the amount of problems seem to be exorbitant? Lastly this is a thread about opinions of people who post here whether they have a 7 or not, please do not turn it into anything else!:cheers:

Expectations were raised high for the C7. I work in the industry, and honestly I have found far way more fitment issues on a C6 than a C7, a 2012 Z06 to be more specific. You are coming to a place where people are too picky and often have people creating 2 or 3 thread about the same problem just because they do not have anything better to do.

Cars come with problems. My E46 M# clutch fragmented to pieces at 600 miles. My 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse dashboard broke in two pieces, etc, etc. I doubt that there are no failures in Acura; you just maybe dont go to the forums as much.

In short, GM's QC is OK and they are doing well. By the number of cars on the field versus the number of issues here, you are looking at 0.5% failures at most. That's not bad in my opinion considering what you are getting. People, for some reason, want Corvette price along with Lamborghini finish. It's not going to happen....

Just the 2 cents from someone in the industry...

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by torijona (Post 1585148217)
Expectations were raised high for the C7. I work in the industry, and honestly I have found far way more fitment issues on a C6 than a C7, a 2012 Z06 to be more specific. You are coming to a place where people are too picky and often have people creating 2 or 3 thread about the same problem just because they do not have anything better to do.

Cars come with problems. My E46 M# clutch fragmented to pieces at 600 miles. My 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse dashboard broke in two pieces, etc, etc. I doubt that there are no failures in Acura; you just maybe dont go to the forums as much.

In short, GM's QC is OK and they are doing well. By the number of cars on the field versus the number of issues here, you are looking at 0.5% failures at most. That's not bad in my opinion considering what you are getting. People, for some reason, want Corvette price along with Lamborghini finish. It's not going to happen....

Just the 2 cents from someone in the industry...

Your comments address issues with reliability. The issue most of us have is that the cars are leaving the factory missing parts and in some cases options ordered are not there on the build sheet. There are some procedural problems that GM has since a rudimentary QC inspection should uncover missing parts and fit and finish issues.

450hp mike9 10-11-2013 09:20 AM

I have owned Ford Shelby's and my 2007 500hp had a design flaw in the flywheel and it was on all 07,08 and some 09.s Sometimes when you have high horsepower cars come problems with stess on parts.I had a nissan that had alot of teething problems. GM products two HHR's a 05 and a 11 NO problems @ all.10 Camaro SS no problems.Now a 14 Corvette no proplems . I have seen this on all forums from BMW.Ford and now GM. It comes with the nature of forums. Sometimes it is best to take some post with a grain of salt. The 14 Corvette has tested and tested more then you could imagine. Some people get in thier head it is new therefore it must have problems, The same old crap never buy a first year model is plain BS. AT lease we are not hearing Gov Motors crap.But I will say I am done reading on here and will spend time driving her. When I had a BMW 330i I would swear it was going to be a nightmare after reading the forums. The same thing with my Ford GT and those parts were high as hell and try finding a mechanic . Every one thinks they know the answers and only add to the confusion .

When I asked how long would it take to get my C7 ? Was told 2 months ,3 months and every thing in in betweem on this forum .I got it in 30 DAYS.Customer chat was pretty good and GM,er was great. There are about 10% of the people on here that knopw what the hell they are talking about. The problem is it is hard to filter the noise from the truth. GM is a new GM in my book. Can't wait to see the new C7r at the 24 of Daytona this coming JAN.

One last thing I have a 13 CTS coupe as a DD it still turns heads and love it and after 8 months not a visit to the service dept. I even had the oil change @ a chevy dealer for free. Cadillac dealer was to far.

Snorman 10-11-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by jspridge (Post 1585148167)
An alternative viewpoint for everyone... BG has now produced 3,500 of these cars, and because of the natural tendency to complain louder and more consistently than we compliment, coupled with the unique ability of internet message boards to enable quasi-anonymous complaining to the world, we've been informed of problems with a dozen or so of them. Let's be generous and say that 50 forum members have reported a minor issue. If that's the case, then less than 2% of the cars have come out with even a minor problem that we know about. I'm pretty pleased with that statistic (so far). After having observed the assembly of my C7 a week ago, I can tell you that the people building these cars have an enormous sense of pride in their work and in their product. They have to build them with the parts that are baing supplied though, and with so many manufacturer's parts going into this car, there is bound to be a problem or two.

This is very well stated.
As I said to another member who is constantly looking for reasons to denounce the C7 in another thread last night, there have been 21 threads started with respect to "issues" with the C7 dating back to the day that the first customer cars were delivered (September 27th). Of those, probably half a what I would consider very minor issues (wrinkled leather seat, slight misalignment of the door panel/dash stitching, squealing brakes, center display light levels, two stuck pixels in a display, etc.). Maybe a couple were major...a failed diff unit, and ???. And a bunch that are easily resolved by the dealer (missing door sills, missing seat emblem, etc.). As of yesterday, GM'er's list showed 218 members' cars in status 5000. There are probably at least 100 cars delivered to regularly posting members on this forum. And there are 21 threads started with "issues". :lol:
That person also stated there were "many" cars with major orange peel. If you read the threads, there are about two people who complained that they had it and one person who saw a car at a dealer with heavy peel. :lol: Yeah, it's a real epidemic.

So agree completely, there are (as usual) a few people who are going to be griping the loudest and swinging feeble strawmen at "quality control problems" that just don't exist. And that's what going to draw more attention that the supposed "problems" themselves.
S.

Snorman 10-11-2013 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148270)
The issue most of us have is that the cars are leaving the factory missing parts and in some cases options ordered are not there on the build sheet.

"The cars"? As in all of "the cars"? Or some of "the cars"?
Or much, much more appropriately, a very, very small sampling of "the cars"?
S.

khoeysr 10-11-2013 09:24 AM

New pieces fitting together in new ways. New employees who do not yet have experience in assembling the C7. I am hoping for a trouble free car but stuff happens.

In my past car life I have seen cars come off the truck with three wheels the same and one different; no windshield, not broken, just not there; hole in the dash where the radio is supposed to be.

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1585148302)
S.

Obviously its some of the cars and not all. However I still maintain this should not be happening especially with all the hype about quality these days. I would not expect perfection. However I would not accept mediocrity either.

torijona 10-11-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148270)
Your comments address issues with reliability. The issue most of us have is that the cars are leaving the factory missing parts and in some cases options ordered are not there on the build sheet. There are some procedural problems that GM has since a rudimentary QC inspection should uncover missing parts and fit and finish issues.

I was referring to both reliability and missing equipment. If people weren't calling customer service every 5 minutes to see where their car is at, etc, GM could allocate more resources to QC vs Customer Support. That is why my dealer probably loves me because I called him to build my order, then to get an explanation about shipping to the dealer vs shipping to Nashville, and the last call was to pick the car up.

We all have to be patient. It is a new process and people at the factory are humans too. You have your car under warranty and have time to check it out upon arrival. We, the customers, are the ones responsible for this to be high stress project. Hope everyone is enjoying the C7 as much as I am. It puts a smile on my face every day I go inside my garage.

And no worries, if anything happens, GM will take care of you. We are their "special" customers...

torijona 10-11-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1585148302)
S.

Couldn't have said it better :smash:

Cherokee Nation 10-11-2013 09:35 AM

:iagree:Would hate to have problems on a long road trip..

ByByBMW 10-11-2013 09:38 AM

I'm going to post before I read the rest of the comments so I wont be influenced by what others have said.

I said in the beginning, I would not buy a first MY C7 because of the C6 release problems. And C6 problems continued to show up for a year + . It wasn't until 2007 that I began to see the amount, and variety, of problems start to drop off and by 2008, I figured it would be okay to buy and it was. I had a 2008 Z-51 as well as a 2008 Z06. My Z06 was perfect then, and for the LS7, even though the valve issue had already raised it's ugly head, even 3 years into the release, it didn't seem to be nearly as widespread a problem as it turns out to be.

I am with Big Dan 427 in my surprise at the amount, and the severity in some cases, of the release issues. I really don't remember it being this bad in last half 2004 and 2005 for the C6. (But I am over 60 so maybe faulty memory issues?)

The biggest problem, as I see it, is how GM hyped how great they were going to be after the bailout and all the work that went into the C7. A car that is now almost 3500 lbs (By at least one account), and has far more serious issues than they should have had for their HALO car release. And optioned the way I would want it, it would cost almost the same as my 2013 Boxster. So much for the bang for the buck argument.

You can't ship cars with no fluid, bad paint, missing parts, or even lose cars during shipping without some repercussions. I thought about maybe buying a 2015 because maybe GM was really going to get it right. But now I am back to thinking not before 2016 and I WILL be keeping a close eye on these forums and other sources of info before I decide.

Sorry to be a little lengthy here but Big Dan 427 asked for honest opinions and here is mine.

jschindler 10-11-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by jspridge (Post 1585148167)

So you don't think the problems posted on the forum can be extrapolated? If someone joins the forum to state a problem, thats one thing. But if the folks who are having problems have been on the forum anyway and are now reporting problems, then you can look at that as random sampling. Take the number of complaints to the number of forum members who have taken delivery of C7s and suddenly the percent of problems doesn't look so good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its an epidemic. But like I said in my earlier post, many of the problems - in fact virtually all of them are assembly or programming types of issues, not failures of components. That tells me that they were rushing them to meet the third quarter promise.

VIN666 10-11-2013 09:39 AM

I have never purchased a new vehicle without issues.
Neither in the states, nor in Europe.
My european Ford came with the wrong steering wheel and needed a new driver seat, because the airbag was dead.
My US Ford needed the trans cables (stick) re-adjusted and one tire didn't hold air from day one.
My 40k Rubicon had so many issues, I don't even care to list them all...
And so on and so forth.

Snorman 10-11-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148371)
Obviously its some of the cars and not all. However I still maintain this should not be happening especially with all the hype about quality these days. I would not expect perfection. However I would not accept mediocrity either.

Isn't stating "this should not be happening" in one breath, and "I would not expect perfection" a complete contradiction?
There are going to be issues, some minor, others major. It's the rate of issues that determines the overall success of GM's QC. The bigger issue is that people beat the drum and repeat them over and over again until they become completely overblown. How many stupid comments and jokes have been made about "exploding" or "fluidless" differentials because it happened with one single car of which we know?
S.

Snorman 10-11-2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1585148447)
So you don't think the problems posted on the forum can be extrapolated? If someone joins the forum to state a problem, thats one thing. But if the folks who are having problems have been on the forum anyway and are now reporting problems, then you can look at that as random sampling. Take the number of complaints to the number of forum members who have taken delivery of C7s and suddenly the percent of problems doesn't look so good.

Really?
So 21 threads and probably 25-30 stated problems against 218 cars on GM'ers list "doesn't look so good"?
Have you see how JD Powers rates cars for "Initial Quality"? Hint: It's Problems Per 100 units and the highest scoring cars are in the 80-90 range.
S.

C7_Z06 10-11-2013 09:43 AM

Complainers, naysayers, pessimists, haters, etc... it's simple, don't buy the new Stingray. Look elsewhere. :crazy2:

We'll enjoy ours... :thumbs:

sprtplt 10-11-2013 09:44 AM

if you love Vettes, you have to take the poor service as part of the deal. It should not be that way, but it is. And now, the flame posts will begin!

It is much worse than that. A lot of us will do everything possible to NEVER use the dealer service department. As is oft repeated here, in most dealerships, the Corvette and the Corvette owner are treated just like the Spark owner.

Daekwan06 10-11-2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray (Post 1585148484)
Complainers, naysayers, pessimists, haters, etc... it's simple, don't buy the new Stingray. Look elsewhere. :crazy2:

Want to really laugh.

Look at those who are "complaining" in this thread. NONE of them even own a C7. That says everything that needs to be said.

csf 10-11-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148163)
To be fair to Porsche the RMS issue was a design issue not a manufacturing issue. The crappy little problems happening with the C7 are production issues that are occurring during the build of the car. I have yet to see a Porsche coming off the truck at a dealer missing door sills, seat trim or differential fluid. GM has some explaining to do in my opinion.

Perhaps, but the poster specifically said he wanted something "more stable and reliable". That ain't a Porsche. Personally, I'd rather have a missing door sill then a complete engine failure.

And for the RMS problem, why is it fair to give Porsche a pass because it was a "design issue" and not a manufacturing issue. I call BS. Its all one company, they charge outrageous prices for their products and present themselves as a premier engineering organization and status symbol.

red2012 10-11-2013 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by snorman (Post 1585148290)
there are probably at least 100 cars delivered to regularly posting members on this forum. And there are 21 threads started with "issues". :lol:

S.

so that would mean issues in 21% of the cars delivered and that's acceptable? That's pretty bad in my book.

ByByBMW 10-11-2013 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Daekwan06 (Post 1585148521)
Want to really laugh.

Look at those who are "complaining" in this thread. NONE of them even own a C7. That says everything that needs to be said.

I don't know about you, but I research many of the items I intend to buy BEFORE I own them. From the lowly toaster all the way up to my cars. I don't need to own a C7 to post a thought about my perception of the initial release because I am researching, and the evidence is what it is.

Kappa 10-11-2013 09:56 AM

As said earlier, forums will always skew the preception as the loudest posters will always get the attention, and the people actively looking to deem the new car a failure will keep the threads going. Many of them are in this very thread.

Bill17601 10-11-2013 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 1585148609)
As said earlier, forums will always skew the preception as the loudest posters will always get the attention, and the people actively looking to deem the new car a failure will keep the threads going. Many of them are in this very thread.

:iagree:

Big Dan 427 10-11-2013 09:58 AM

Let's talk about GM here and the issue at hand, not other manufacturers. I think it is fair to say that a lot of people on here will be influenced by what we read from guys who already have the car. I have said from day one that I would heavily consider a hi-po if it's right for me, but if the platform and quality of the entry level model is sub par it doesn't bode well for the mindset of the future potential buyer!

EDIT: I had suggested from the start that this is not a slight against the C7, it is about the QC and seemingly exorbitant amount of early on problems, most of which are quasi embarrassing for the maker! And I ask kindly, if you have nothing of substance to add to this thread please move on and post elsewhere.

VIN666 10-11-2013 09:59 AM

They are up to what? VIN 3800 or something.
We have maybe 20 complaints.
Even if only a 10th of owners are on here, that's still just a touch over 5%...
No biggie if you ask me.

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by csf (Post 1585148555)
Perhaps, but the poster specifically said he wanted something "more stable and reliable". That ain't a Porsche. Personally, I'd rather have a missing door sill then a complete engine failure.

And for the RMS problem, why is it fair to give Porsche a pass because it was a "design issue" and not a manufacturing issue. I call BS. Its all one company, they charge outrageous prices for their products and present themselves as a premier engineering organization and status symbol.

If you are getting a C7 anytime soon, you had better hope that the engine plant that makes the LT1 does not have the same cavalier attitude toward QC that is coming out of Bowling Green. But I do think both doors would be on the car. :thumbs:

Snorman 10-11-2013 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1585148565)
so that would mean issues in 21% of the cars delivered and that's acceptable? That's pretty bad in my book.

Is that so?
That would make quality of the C7 four times better than industry-leading Porsche in the latest JDPower Initial Quality Survey.
:lol:
S.

AORoads 10-11-2013 10:04 AM

it is possible that "they were rushing to meet the third quarter delivery" promised. just as it is noted and posted that there were/are problems with things left off, forgotten, not filled, etc. this is not good, esp. for the individual owner, or owners. still, I do believe it is part of the "teething problems" of bringing a new generation out.

would the problems have been less if they'd waited to/for six more months? probably. but there would still be problems of omission, commission and original design and intent.

I think the most telling point to me is not those who say they will keep the car and enjoy it and get it fixed--altho I have a great deal of respect for that attitude. the most interesting posts to me are those who say, "I'm done." and their reasons and logic.

THAT is what Chev, GM Corvette and Bowling Green should be looking at, and learning from. we can all laff about this model or that brand, and say it's crap also and I would never buy one, etc., but at the end of the day there is something to be learned from those who walk away. I say, if you don't learn from it, you're looking at extinction. Don't just dismiss it as some crazy person who will never be won back because others are looking, listening and thinking. And what they MAY be thinking is, I'll stick with MY car, but I can't in good conscience recommend it to my daughter, or son, or neighbor. That's the beginning of a demise. jmo.

And I do believe Dan has brought up a thoughtful, interesting topic.:thumbs:

Snorman 10-11-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 1585148609)
...and the people actively looking to deem the new car a failure will keep the threads going. Many of them are in this very thread.

Bingo.
If you want to talk about how horrible QC is at Bowling Green and how big of a failure GM's efforts to release a quality C7 are, come on down! If you want to present facts and point out how overblown the few issues we've seen thus far have been, please go post elsewhere.
:thumbs:
S.

450hp mike9 10-11-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray (Post 1585148484)

Well said !!!:iagree:

H101 10-11-2013 10:07 AM

15 days, 2,500 miles, washed 5 times (wife says I used a magnifying glass).... not even a tiny flaw

Big Dan 427 10-11-2013 10:07 AM

I think it's fair to keep in mind, we are not talking about a cookie cutter 20-30k car here, we are talking about the iconic American sports car! All GM preached was the new plant, the new paint process, the new car itself. And you know what, they should be proud as a company of all those factors, now IMO it's time to back it up.

To me all the statistics go out the window in this case, I almost wonder how much pride is being taken to let cars go with missing parts, paint peeling etc. Again that is what this thread is about, hopefully we can stay on topic.

450hp mike9 10-11-2013 10:12 AM

Some of the people on hear are the same people that wanted the Volt to fail. They still want GM to fail . I say go drink your kool aid and stay off this forum.

torijona 10-11-2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1585148447)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its an epidemic. But like I said in my earlier post, many of the problems - in fact virtually all of them are assembly or programming types of issues, not failures of components. That tells me that they were rushing them to meet the third quarter promise.

In average, a customer with a bad experience will likely tell more than 150 people (the number is larger actually, but dont wanna sound unrealistic either). A customer with a positive experience will only tell 10 or 15. Those are the statistics of previous studies. That being said, the 30 people complaining in the forum are not a good indicator of the quality of the car; extrapolating from those results would be absolutely ridiculous.

People are complaining for things such as: my interior dash is not completely aligned (off by 1 mm), my HUD is not completely parallel with the ground (newsflash, it will not be due to the curvature of the windshield; it will appear crooked depending on how you are seated), my car has orange peel (my 2005 BMW E46 M3 also had orange peel), and I could go on for several minutes.

People who do not have the car are making excuses for not getting them or for not having it right now. The OP fools into thinking that it is a honest inquiry. However, the summary of his entry reads like this: "I am jealous that I do not have a Stingray right now and I do not want to tell the real reason why I do not have it. Therefore, since there are a couple of people complaining (car hypocondriacs), I will take that as a perfect excuse and have my reputation as being the top dog in the forum restored."

In my opinion, it would be easier to just say, I have an almos brand new Corvette and even when I am dying to buy a new Stingray, it does not make sense for me right now to spend more money on a new car, even though the Stingray is lightyears away from the C6.

This type of thread make people stay away from forums. It is filled with negativity and secretly wishing bad things to others. Be a happy person and wish others the best; karma is out there, don't you forget....

red2012 10-11-2013 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1585148662)
Is that so?
That would make quality of the C7 four times better than industry-leading Porsche in the latest JDPower Initial Quality Survey.
:lol:
S.

I really don't care what other manufactures figures are the fact of the matter is we are talking about corvettes and if one in every five coming off the line has issues in the launch year I will wait till 2015 to consider one. I am a gambling man but those odds are definitely not in my favor.

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585148714)
I think it's fair to keep in mind, we are not talking about a cookie cutter 20-30k car here, we are talking about the iconic American sports car! All GM preached was the new plant, the new paint process, the new car itself. And you know what, they should be proud as a company of all those factors, now IMO it's time to back it up.

To me all the statistics go out the window in this case, I almost wonder how much pride is being taken to let cars go with missing parts, paint peeling etc. Again that is what this thread is about, hopefully we can stay on topic.

However this thread derailed long ago. To those that have perfect cars you are very lucky. To those that have issues don't post here. :thumbs:

torijona 10-11-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1585148764)
I really don't care what other manufactures figures are the fact of the matter is we are talking about corvettes and if one in every five coming off the line has issues in the launch year I will wait till 2015 to consider one. I am a gambling man but those odds are definitely not in my favor.

This is more complex than gambling. Issues do not decrease over time necesarilly. There are several suppliers and you can have supplier specific issues, quality, paint adhesion problems, etc at any time, even with the very last car rolling off the line for a specific product line. So, don't rely on that. It will save you a heart attack in the future...

ByByBMW 10-11-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585148626)
Let's talk about GM here and the issue at hand, not other manufacturers. I think it is fair to say that a lot of people on here will be influenced by what we read from guys who already have the car. I have said from day one that I would heavily consider a hi-po if it's right for me, but if the platform and quality of the entry level model is sub par it doesn't bode well for the mindset of the future potential buyer!

EDIT: I had suggested from the start that this is not a slight against the C7, it is about the QC and seemingly exorbitant amount of early on problems, most of which are quasi embarrassing for the maker! And I ask kindly, if you have nothing of substance to add to this thread please move on and post elsewhere.

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148653)
If you are getting a C7 anytime soon, you had better hope that the engine plant that makes the LT1 does not have the same cavalier attitude toward QC that is coming out of Bowling Green. But I do think both doors would be on the car. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1585148682)
it is possible that "they were rushing to meet the third quarter delivery" promised. just as it is noted and posted that there were/are problems with things left off, forgotten, not filled, etc. this is not good, esp. for the individual owner, or owners. still, I do believe it is part of the "teething problems" of bringing a new generation out.

would the problems have been less if they'd waited to/for six more months? probably. but there would still be problems of omission, commission and original design and intent.

I think the most telling point to me is not those who say they will keep the car and enjoy it and get it fixed--altho I have a great deal of respect for that attitude. the most interesting posts to me are those who say, "I'm done." and their reasons and logic.

THAT is what Chev, GM Corvette and Bowling Green should be looking at, and learning from. we can all laff about this model or that brand, and say it's crap also and I would never buy one, etc., but at the end of the day there is something to be learned from those who walk away. I say, if you don't learn from it, you're looking at extinction. Don't just dismiss it as some crazy person who will never be won back because others are looking, listening and thinking. And what they MAY be thinking is, I'll stick with MY car, but I can't in good conscience recommend it to my daughter, or son, or neighbor. That's the beginning of a demise. jmo.

And I do believe Dan has brought up a thoughtful, interesting topic.:thumbs:

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1585148764)

Big Dan 427 10-11-2013 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by torijona (Post 1585148752)

In my opinion, it would be easier to just say, I have an almos brand new Corvette and even when I am dying to buy a new Stingray, it does not make sense for me right now to spend more money on a new car, even though the Stingray is lightyears away from the C6.

Respectfully if I wanted a Stingray I could just do a swap, they are worth about the same money depending on how the 7 is equipped.

I also will refute your statement, the Stingray even with it's modern electronics is not light years away from a 427. As a matter of fact in my eyes the 427 and other C6 variations are every bit worthy foes. But as stated this isn't about that, it's about the unfortunate petty and major problems the new car is coming with.

Hopefully this thread will stay civil, if it had no meaning it wouldn't have so many interested parties.:thumbs:

Snorman 10-11-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148791)

However this thread derailed long ago. To those that have perfect cars you are very lucky.

You know what's funny...I'll bet whatever amount you're willing to lose that if you started a poll, the number of owners on this forum who have cars with "no" or "very minor" issues (that they would not consider a problem) will easily outweigh those with issues. :yesnod:
S.

C6Tim 10-11-2013 10:26 AM

Usually the further we get into the series run the better quality you can expect. The line employees are hard working folks for the most part, but they are unskilled labor and usually require a fair amount of repetitions and training time to cut down on errors. It does sound like they have a QA/Mgt problem though. Missing parts is something that just should not happen at any time.

Just one of the reasons it's usually best to wait and buy the next year or later model. Errors will always happen, but they usually get fewer over time.

doneski 10-11-2013 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by torijona (Post 1585148752)
In average, a customer with a bad experience will likely tell more than 150 people (the number is larger actually, but dont wanna sound unrealistic either). A customer with a positive experience will only tell 10 or 15. Those are the statistics of previous studies. That being said, the 30 people complaining in the forum are not a good indicator of the quality of the car; extrapolating from those results would be absolutely ridiculous.

People are complaining for things such as: my interior dash is not completely aligned (off by 1 mm), my HUD is not completely parallel with the ground (newsflash, it will not be due to the curvature of the windshield; it will appear crooked depending on how you are seated), my car has orange peel (my 2005 BMW E46 M3 also had orange peel), and I could go on for several minutes.

People who do not have the car are making excuses for not getting them or for not having it right now. The OP fools into thinking that it is a honest inquiry. However, the summary of his entry reads like this: "I am jealous that I do not have a Stingray right now and I do not want to tell the real reason why I do not have it. Therefore, since there are a couple of people complaining (car hypocondriacs), I will take that as a perfect excuse and have my reputation as being the top dog in the forum restored."

This type of thread make people stay away from forums. It is filled with negativity and secretly wishing bad things to others. Be a happy person and wish others the best; karma is out there, don't you forget....

Def a car dealer

Greg00Coupe 10-11-2013 10:30 AM

Dan, It's GM plain and simple. They still have not transformed. I think some of it is still the union enviroment.

It's a crap shoot........ who touches your car and the related components.

I think the engineering is top rate but they loose quality in the delivery....... the paper version to production.

Glen e 10-11-2013 10:31 AM

I think it's UAW too, but the customer relation people are not. The staff that helps here is great, but chat is worthless when even transferred to the CAC.

Example: I got on chat this morning and they told me it would be produced in the next 2 weeks. Then Coughlin updates his site with me at 3800-produced and a VIN....

go figure - they could at least all use the same database...no wonder they are overwhelmed, people call 5 times as they give out diff information!

Big Dan 427 10-11-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1585148834)
You know what's funny...I'll bet whatever amount you're willing to lose that if you started a poll, the number of owners on this forum who have cars with "no" or "very minor" issues (that they would not consider a problem) will easily outweigh those with issues. :yesnod:
S.

I totally agree with this statement, and that's exactly how it should be. And again that is exactly what the thread is about! The guys who are fortunate are the lucky ones and luck shouldn't be a part of this, the guys who have even minor issues let alone the big issues must feel somewhat deflated after all their expectations.

When I bought my first new Viper in 2002 I was completely disappointed to find that 200 miles in the rear main was leaking. More than anything it didn't feel new anymore, it was fixed and I never had another problem with that car (less a door actuator) but it still left a bad taste. And I bought it off the floor, I wasn't waiting months in anticipation. IMO GM really needs to examine their QC, again things will happen but not certain shortcomings.

SCM_Crash 10-11-2013 10:32 AM

I don't think the issues this car has seen can even remotely be called "exorbitant". Considering the issues a TON of way more expensive and exotic cars have on their first year production runs, I'd say that Chevy is doing this pretty well. They're still training people, and they're still producing more car per day than perhaps Ferrari even though they haven't ramped up to full speed.

The Ferrari 458 catches fire when you drive it hard. I'd say we're doing just fine.

torijona 10-11-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by doneski (Post 1585148858)
Def a car dealer

I am a mechanical engineer and work directly with product support and customer service. Thanks!

Just stick to your C6 and let others enjoy their rides peacefully... That is all we ask!

Daekwan06 10-11-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1585148904)
I don't think the issues this car has seen can even remotely be called "exorbitant". Considering the issues a TON of way more expensive and exotic cars have on their first year production runs, I'd say that Chevy is doing this pretty well. They're still training people, and they're still producing more car per day than perhaps Ferrari even though they haven't ramped up to full speed.

The Ferrari 458 catches fire when you drive it hard. I'd say we're doing just fine.

How dare you question Ferrari's QC. Dont you know they are the finest, most expensive european automobiles. We all know that spending more, means more quality.

Atleast with Ferrari you never have to worry about your door sills missing.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...97_634x530.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/eurocarblog/t...ia_fire_01.jpg

http://roadroving.files.wordpress.co...in-paris-1.jpg

http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/u...e_in_china.jpg

http://www.mukamo.com/wp-content/upl...ari-f430-1.jpg

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...in-china_1.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....re-fiorano.jpg

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/atta...9-gtb-fire.jpg

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...n-poland_1.jpg

http://images-2.drive.com.au/2012/02...ari-ff_460.jpg

Glen e 10-11-2013 10:42 AM

Cracks me up...when jaguar does a warranty claim for a fire, the internal defect description they use is a "thermal incident"...I've seen it several times...

TBIRD57 10-11-2013 10:43 AM

takes time

the first run of anything has issues

i actually am a little surprised how some get so defensive about any reference to a C7 issue.

the one thing that did surprise me, and probably is not fixable, is the interior space.

in the current issue ofCAR AND DRIVER, their staff chose the C7 over the porsche 911 carrera S but added: "In the Vette, you sit deep in a well between the center console and the door panel, which closes in so tightly that we had difficulty reaching the seat controls.....both of our voters preferred the 911's airy interior to the Vette's cramped cockpit."

i guess if Viper owners were willing to adapt, i'm sure C7 owners will do the same.

BlueOx 10-11-2013 10:44 AM

I thought this wasn't about the C7...why is it here and not in Off Topic?

VIN666 10-11-2013 10:44 AM

That's why people base Ferrari kits on Fieros, to keep the fire hazard realisitc :D

Bill17601 10-11-2013 10:45 AM

If you do not want to buy the new Stingray..DO NOT BUY THE CAR! I have no problem with that. I love my car no issues. please:

1. Do not feel sorry for me or any other buyers
2. GM is fine. Do not worry about their future
3. Do not worry about the future Corvettes. They are going to be whatever they are. Your wishes are just that. You may be disappointed when future models come out.
4. No manufacture is perfect. Not only that but no manufacture is going to build "your" perfect design.
5. If you want to be unhappy, if that is what makes you happy, be that way.
6. Negativity is just what it says..

Thanks for giving me space to express my opinions.

torijona 10-11-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585148900)
I totally agree with this statement, and that's exactly how it should be. And again that is exactly what the thread is about! The guys who are fortunate are the lucky ones and luck shouldn't be a part of this, the guys who have even minor issues let alone the big issues must feel somewhat deflated after all their expectations.

When I bought my first new Viper in 2002 I was completely disappointed to find that 200 miles in the rear main was leaking. More than anything it didn't feel new anymore, it was fixed and I never had another problem with that car (less a door actuator) but it still left a bad taste. And I bought it off the floor, I wasn't waiting months in anticipation. IMO GM really needs to examine their QC, again things will happen but not certain shortcomings.

And yes Dan, that is the way it should be. But like I said before, the ones who do not have issues so far are less likely to fill those out. You can only see actual reliable data if you have number of failures versus cars on the field. Anything else is highly unreliable.

Working in the industry has taught me 2 things: problems with happen at any stage of the product line lifetime and that you never own a car without warranty. That being said. If I were you, I wouldn't buy a Stingray since you have an almost brand new GS at home and it wouldnt make any sense. But once your car hits 36 months or 36,000 miles, the switch would be completely worth it. Trust me! I did not test drive mine and it made it so much sweeter because I would have never expected it to be so amazing. I spend the holidays down in Miami and get to see and to drive really nice cars who other neighbors have. So, I am really hard to impress when it comes to cars. And the Stingray did impress me. Just sharing my positive experience with you all so far. The car isn't perfect, but it is as perfect as it gets in that price range and up to $150,000 if you factor in what you are getting versus what you paid for.

Snowwolfe 10-11-2013 10:52 AM

I have been with Acura for 21 years and I can tell you that I have never seen with our product paint peeling, parts missing, misalignment, unfilled fluids etc. not to mention the electronic and other issues some have posted here.

I would say you need to get your head out of the sand and start reading the Acura forums. We owned two TL's since 2002. BOTH needed to have the power steering rack and pump replaced and one starting an engine tick at 52,000 miles and the end result were two scratched cylinder walls and one bad valve. We will never buy another.

03BlkZ 10-11-2013 11:00 AM

Not a corvette but my wife's 2012 Audi A4 with 25000 miles is currently at the dealership getting a completely new engine installed. It had a leaking fuel injector that leaked statically into the cylinder. It was enough to get past the rings and contaminate the oil system which in turn compromised the bearings. It kind of sucks to pay 40K+ for a car and have this happen only 25000 miles into its life. Thank god for warranty! I wonder if this will hurt my resale/trade in value?

b4i4getit 10-11-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1585148834)
S.

Expectations can be different based on previous experience. If all my previous cars were Bentleys with a flawless fit and finish I will no doubt find problems with the C7. If all I can compare to is a rusted out Camaro the C7 even with missing parts will surpass my expecatations. Diminished expectations will yield diminished results. :thumbs:

george vee 10-11-2013 11:36 AM

I picked up my C7 on 9/27, one of the first delivered. I now have 900 trouble free miles and mechanically I have no issues. I'm sure if someone looked closely at my C7 they may find flaws, I don't see any.

Dif 10-11-2013 11:41 AM

I've been in Manufacturing, design and build all my life.
And, IMO, it's simple.
It's a Totally new assembly line setup and procedure and it's normal start up kinks.
Yes it's easy to presume this auto manufacturing thing is something that has been done now for quite awhile and you would think it should Not be a problem.
Hell it's the same thing they've been doing for years, just a different model with different parts, right ???
Not really !
Just because they're finally manufacturing these cars now, does not mean it's the same thing and will go smoothly.
Making the test cars, and cars that go to shows / promotional reveals etc, is not the same as when the line is off and running and the cars are being built in a completely running Production mode.
There's always a big difference between "Practicing" and doing the Actual thing the "Practicing" was being done for.
Until things are set in motion in a "live" production procedure there will Always be things that cannot be foreseen until it happens.
One thing for sure though, you can bet those things will be seen once everything goes Live and it's the ONLY way to see those things.
When production finally goes into live mode, that's the only time it can be practiced and things that go wrong can be corrected.
It's the nature of the beast ;)
Certainly don't want to see things missing or damaged like some have reported along with one or two faulty mechanical issues.
But Myself, I'd be more concerned with Major Mechanical issues then with the small fixable trim and parts issues like we've seen.
Again, IMO ;), big difference :auto:

1985 Corvette 10-11-2013 12:05 PM

First year of a new car, it will take some time to get it down perfect. Interesting, the first month or so of larger numbers of ownership of a new generation car and there is already a "problem".....the LS7 has been tossing its cookies for 7+ years and you're crazy if you think there is even one bit of a problem there. Those guys learned to just "accept it and be prepared", pretty sure the C7 guys can handle a few scratches and trim pieces.:D

Glenmcp 10-11-2013 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sprtplt (Post 1585148494)
It is much worse than that. A lot of us will do everything possible to NEVER use the dealer service department. As is oft repeated here, in most dealerships, the Corvette and the Corvette owner are treated just like the Spark owner.

I guess it depends on the dealer. I have had good service from the dealers I have dealt with. If service was bad I would just go somewhere else. Two people can go to the same restaurant and one will say it is great and one will not like the place. A lot has to do with how you communicate with people. At car dealers or any other business.

69L79 10-11-2013 12:17 PM

Everytime I go to a Vette show I am surprised by how many Vette "enthusiasts" have never heard about this Forum. How many of those 3,500 C7 buyers actually belong/post on this Forum? I don't know that answer. Either does anyone here. My point is that we don't really know how bad/good this start up has been. :yesnod: All we have are individual anecdotal experiences. Some threads indicate that the C7 is the best thing ever. Other are deeply disappointed. The truth is always in the middle somewhere. :yesnod:

What I do know is that I always stay away from the first MY of a new generation Vette. I have learned from past experiences. :ack: I have the sense that GM is pushing these Cars out in a hurry. Its a crap shoot for the buyer. I'll wait a few MYs. :yesnod:

Jpiatchek 10-11-2013 12:59 PM

Happy with my C7

Some of you guys are unbelievable.nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. Bitch, bitch, bitch. I believe some of you would delight in seeing the C7 fail. I have over 650 miles on mine with no issues, #1238. My 2012 C6 had clutch issues at 100 miles and was replaced in the first month.
I have owned over 200 cars and been on a lot of forums and this one has to rank as one of the most nitpicking, opinionated and negative ones I have seen. Just my thoughts. Give me your best shot. Been silent too long.

torijona 10-11-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jpiatchek (Post 1585150172)
Some of you guys are unbelievable.nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. Bitch, bitch, bitch. I believe some of you would delight in seeing the C7 fail. I have over 650 miles on mine with no issues, #1238. My 2012 C6 had clutch issues at 100 miles and was replaced in the first month.
I have owned over 200 cars and been on a lot of forums and this one has to rank as one of the most nitpicking, opinionated and negative ones I have seen. Just my thoughts. Give me your best shot. Been silent too long.

:iagree: I used to think that m3forum was worse with their constant pissing contests, but this one gets bad. I kept up to date with C7 new info for 4 months without registering for that same reason.

Too much negativity and people wanting it to fail so that they can say "I knew it. You never get a first model car or I want the Hi-PO version (pissing contest) blah blah blah, etc, etc."

I will certainly be enjoying my C7 while those kinds of people just sit in front of the computer making excuses to make themselves feel better. I do truly feel sorry for those with C7's with issues. Rest assured that you will be taken care of.

1985 Corvette 10-11-2013 01:20 PM

I think some of it has to do with a longing to own "The very last of the best/true Corvettes". Some of the chrome bumper guys are like that to an extent and some of them are off the deep end because 1967 was it and there hasn't been a Corvette since. It's almost impossible to not think that same frame of mind is not present when you see "427" five or more times in someone's post as to why their C6 will be the last best thing ever in this car's history. They've simply made too many of these modern Vettes, 7.0 liter or not, to see any holy grail status annointed in the foreseable decades to come.

Crossed Flags Fan 10-11-2013 01:25 PM

Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7, it is more about GM and their lack of quality control...

So much for that^

meadowz06 10-11-2013 01:29 PM

Well the quality is not there with Porsche. We had a Cayenne S model that we bought new, and it was a electrical nightmare. 67,000 dollars. It happens to all car manufacturers.

craig04c5 10-11-2013 01:38 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that GM customer service is a mess. Most Vettes do not have a major problem. Minor issues are fixed quickly be a dealer. Major issues do take time and you have to take it upon yourself to get GM to correct things in a timely fashion. Having said that, if you love Vettes, you have to take the poor service as part of the deal. It should not be that way, but it is. And now, the flame posts will begin!

I don't think GM Customer Service is a mess. I have always been treated well at my GM dealer in fact above and beyond in a couple cases. The issue seems to be quality of their products and quality control during changeover models like the C7. It is still lacking after repeated attempts over the years to turn it around. That said after a year I would love to buy a C7 and let my dealer take care of any issues.

bmacZO6 10-11-2013 01:46 PM

You are right and the OP is the biggest offender still on the forum. It is hard to understand why some people with no interest in the car spend so much time finding ways to degrade it.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Some people need to get a life!

CaptRat 10-11-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by H101 (Post 1585148706)
15 days, 2,500 miles, washed 5 times (wife says I used a magnifying glass).... not even a tiny flaw

Only 3 days, 300 miles, one wash and no flaws, and believe me, I've looked for them. They're just not there. And I am definitely an "attention to detail" guy. So if there was something worth mentioning, I would have seen it by now.

For my personal taste, there are a couple of things with MyLink I might have designed differently, but I have similar complaints about MS Windows and the Mac OS.

Cars are complex machines and they're going to have design flaws and they're going to break. It doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, that's just the way it is. For those that are having fun trying to "harsh my mellow" with posts denigrating GM, the C7, BG assembly practices, GM QC, etc., party on. I suspect the vast majority of new C7 owners are well more than happy with their buying experience and their car. It's just hard to get the attention of the detractors with a simple "My car rocks, no problems" post.

Rat

Oh, BTW, my car rocks, no problems! :thumbs:

OnPoint 10-11-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Daekwan06 (Post 1585148985)

:eek:

That hurts to even look at.

JoesC5 10-11-2013 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1585150638)
:eek:

That hurts to even look at.

I'm not a big fan of flames, but if I were, I would go with the painted one's

jimb100 10-11-2013 01:58 PM

If you have a problem with your new C7 GM will fix it.

Unfortunately, until there are hard numbers showing initial quality comparisons, these threads will be nothing more than an opportunity for the GM haters, the drama queens and the chicken little's to bemoan the fate of C7 buyers.

It appears to be the same on every car site, camera site, any site that gives people with too much time on their hands a place to complain about things they really don't know too much about.

Its good to skip these threads but sometimes they sneak up on you.

rcallen484 10-11-2013 02:04 PM

Let me start by simply saying please DO NOT take this in any way as a slight against the C7...

:lol: :lolg: :lol: Says the Acura salesman busily preselling NSXs...

VIN666 10-11-2013 02:10 PM

The NSX will be a hybrid, will look like horse and will cost 3 times as much as the C7.
I don't think they compete against each other as far as sales are concerned.

Magister Ludi 10-11-2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585148067)
Considering that the majority of new owners don't even know about this forum there is a real chance that the quality is even worse. :ack:

OR...the general quality is actaully better, because there are many who are satisfied but not posted. I am one of them. The positive reviews by others have been detailed and eloquent enough. I can't really add anything useful except to say "me too." I am one of the lucky ones who has no complaints and loves the car more every day I drive it. I hope those with issues are able to look back at them soon as a minor inconvenience.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...pse4692f11.jpg

rcallen484 10-11-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by VIN666 (Post 1585150770)
The NSX will be a hybrid, will look like horse and will cost 3 times as much as the C7.
I don't think they compete against each other as far as sales are concerned.

Preselling--- look it up. What will the upcoming Corvette top dog ZR1 cost? And built by that SAME LOUSY GM plant at Bowling Green! OP also is a big time professional flipper of performance cars. He always has other options for those who would otherwise buy C7s.

sjohnson2615 10-11-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by bmacZO6 (Post 1585150585)
You are right and the OP is the biggest offender still on the forum. It is hard to understand why some people with no interest in the car spend so much time finding ways to degrade it.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Some people need to get a life!

Everyone who has been on the forum for a while knows the OP is just having fun stirring the pot. Trying to cover by posting a "serious' question is laughable.
If he is in the car business he obviously knows better,and while I have enjoyed several Acuras myself in the past,they were not without flaws.

Snorman 10-11-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1585149459)
Expectations can be different based on previous experience. If all my previous cars were Bentleys with a flawless fit and finish I will no doubt find problems with the C7. If all I can compare to is a rusted out Camaro the C7 even with missing parts will surpass my expecatations. Diminished expectations will yield diminished results. :thumbs:

You're probably right. Those of us with C7's that have no real issues probably just don't know quality as well as somebody with a 5-year old Z06. :lol:
S.

VIN666 10-11-2013 02:17 PM

Maybe you are on to something. Not saying you are wrong.
To me, this is another bitch and whine thread, just like the other 85% of threads posted here...
I tried to contribute (not with the NSX comment obviously), but it has spiraled out of control, as expected.

Simple fact. Unless you pay a huge premium for a Porsche, EVERY car you buy will have a problem. And even if you get a p car, the chances are still 8 in 10...
Deal with it.

TTRotary 10-11-2013 02:18 PM

I bet they charge extra for the Enzo Ferrari BBQ sauce.

Snorman 10-11-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1585150851)
I bet they charge extra for the BBQ sauce.

And the oven mitts. Don't forget the oven mitts.
:rofl:
S.