CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   C7 Station Wagon? Really?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3354048-c7-station-wagon-really.html)

kgie1217 10-08-2013 10:38 AM

C7 Station Wagon? Really??

1 Attachment(s)
I sure hope this does not happen!

Corvette Station Wagon?

RC000E 10-08-2013 10:42 AM

Callaway is building it...not GM....and DONT ask me why...its hideous. I think its meant to fit with that genre that like the Ferrari FF or the BMW M coupe...two cars I have a very hard time liking.

kgie1217 10-08-2013 10:47 AM

I'm with you on this! It's hideous!

STALION 10-08-2013 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1585122110)
Callaway is building it...not GM....and DONT ask me why...its hideous. I think its meant to fit with that genre that like the Ferrari FF or the BMW M coupe...two cars I have a very hard time liking.

I guess Callaway is attempting to break the mold and hoping to follow in the footsteps of, as you mentioned, Porsche Panamara, BMW, and Ferrari FF. Maybe there is a schmoopy out there who really likes the corvette, but wants to also play golf and would like this car...I dunno:leaving:

3boystoys 10-08-2013 11:15 AM

Why not, Look at what Porsche does. It has SEDANS and SUV's-the C7 wagon looks better than those Porsche's do .

Callaway Chris 10-08-2013 11:17 AM

Based on interest, mostly outside this forum, we'll be fine building the Callaway AeroWagon. :cool:

And to think how silly our company way, offering a Speedster version of the Corvette, 20+ years ago :willy: They are some of the most collectible Corvettes ever built :smiliedrool: :smiliedrool:

http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/C...January/19.JPG
http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/C...January/10.JPG

JaxEagle 10-08-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1585122110)

And that Porsche thing that is really ugly too

3boystoys 10-08-2013 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JaxEagle (Post 1585122436)

Agreed, BUT, it SELLS and that's what really counts I'm guessing. The Panamera is kind of hideous but they are selling them.

Mattie Num Nums 10-08-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by JaxEagle (Post 1585122436)

Those are terrible and they are everywhere.

calivette805 10-08-2013 12:15 PM

We leave that to the ctsv . Imo a vette should always be an American v8 sports car

RC000E 10-08-2013 12:18 PM

Well, all due respect to you Callaway, if you built a 53 front end to go on the c7 you'd probably sell it. Old guys with a lot of money can be sold damn near anything throwback.

This is another example of why the demographics of Corvette buyers are what they are...even the aftermarket wants to go retro/throwback. No young guys are going to see a Corvette wagon and say...damn. I need that!

No offense to Callaway...its business and you build what will sell...I get that. I just think, that with forward thinking there are things that will also sell, that havent been done already. Set trends instead of digging in the history book to find ideas.

Mattie Num Nums 10-08-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1585122879)
Well, all due respect to you Callaway, if you built a 53 front end to go on the c7 you'd probably sell it. Old guys with a lot of money can be sold damn near anything throwback.

This is another example of why the demographics of Corvette buyers are what they are...even the aftermarket wants to go retro/throwback. No young guys are going to see a Corvette wagon and say...damn. I need that!

No offense to Callaway...its business and you build what will sell...I get that. I just think, that with forward thinking there are things that will also sell, that havent been done already. Set trends instead of digging in the history book to find ideas.

Would be nice if Callaway did what most people want and redesign the rear end and jazz it up a little.

Chilliwack vettes 10-08-2013 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums (Post 1585122897)
Would be nice if Callaway did what most people want and redesign the rear end and jazz it up a little.

That would be fun!:thumbs:

WKMCD 10-08-2013 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris (Post 1585122418)
Based on interest, mostly outside this forum, we'll be fine building the Callaway AeroWagon. :cool:

And to think how silly our company way, offering a Speedster version of the Corvette, 20+ years ago :willy: They are some of the most collectible Corvettes ever built :smiliedrool: :smiliedrool:

Shooting brake designs have been around to 70+ years and get a revisit occasionally because some people do want them I'm sure Callaway will do an outstanding job on this one.:thumbs:

CCA Corvette Parts 10-08-2013 01:34 PM

My Mom loves it :rock:

Regards
Chip

Corvette_Ed 10-08-2013 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by kgie1217 (Post 1585122082)
I sure hope this does not happen!

Corvette Station Wagon?

If you were forced to get a family vehicle which would you rather have, a Corvette or a Volvo?

Porsche built a four-door version of their sports car(s), why not a Corvette wagon?

jd_black_00 10-08-2013 01:45 PM

I like the looks of it, I just wouldn't be willing to spend the extra money for it, compromise the aerodynamics for it, etc...

3boystoys 10-08-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1585122879)

All the young guys want to do is put on loud exhausts and hash strips on the fenders. Look when Dodge did that Magnum Station Wagon with the SRT Hemi in it, it was BADA$$. Nothing better than smokin' somebody with a Station Wagon.

apollo240 10-08-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums (Post 1585122897)

:iagree: i still dont like the rear end of the new car.

One thing I like about Corvette is its only a 2 seater. I should never be forced to get a "family" car. I grew up sitting on my moms lap in the Corvette. If we took the Camaro, I shared the backseat with a 100lb Doberman. My father is 6'4", my mom is 5'8". Ive always been tall as well. If we could fit in those 2 cars, I see no reason for high capcity vehicles lol.

Corvette_Ed 10-08-2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by 3boystoys (Post 1585123685)
All the young guys want to do is put on loud exhausts and hash strips on the fenders.

Those "hash strips" are Grand Sport stripes when on a Corvette. The others are just pretending to be as cool. :cool: