CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3351730-anyone-liking-their-c6-more-than-c7.html)

chubbs6350 10-05-2013 09:12 PM

I think the base c7 is a little nicer than the base c6, but that's not saying much cause I just don't really like any base models for most cars. For example I like the c5z better than the base c6. I think the c7 really needs to be lowered once purchased, the rear looks off for a lot of reasons (not just the lights), it's narrow body doesn't suit the car, and the whole car doesn't look original "corvette" anymore (which is why I've always loved corvettes since the first time I saw one) The c6Zr1 in my opinion makes the c7 look ugly, I love every part of the exterior, I think it has a timeless beauty that will always look good and I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't spend a little more and get a good used one over a c7. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people think the c7 looks better than any other vette.

yellowzron 10-05-2013 09:56 PM

There will be those who like the new c7 and those who don't. Does this answer your question?

sprta 10-05-2013 10:50 PM

Saw the C7 at the Ocean City Md event and I have to admit it was awesome.....much better in person as pictures and video do not do it justice. The only down side was the rear just looked to busy.... a lot going on with the depth, lights, chrome etc. But having said that it attracted a huge crowd and they loved it. The C6 is a great car smooth lines classic look but the Corvette C7 is a special car.

Red12 10-05-2013 11:06 PM

I`m glad I didn`t wait.

Hameister 10-05-2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585100639)
Must you always jump in and bore people with your lame messages. Really do not need any preaching from you.

Your response is just about what I expected.

Have a nice evening.

RMcoolX 10-06-2013 02:01 AM

I am loving my C6 more than the C7, but that does not mean that I wouldn't trade for a new C7 in about 2-3yrs if the price is right. My C6 was purchased well below invoice at 0% APR. Any C7 that makes it to my garage will have to come to me with the same deal. It must also be optioned with 2LT, transparent roof, and NPP, which are my must-have options that I have now on my C6.

p4snow 10-06-2013 07:25 AM

The C7 is beautiful, but...I love my C6 and SSB is no longer available as a color.

JerriVette 10-06-2013 08:03 AM

The internet repeats itself from the c6 introduction to the c7...

I remember what c5 owners were saying as the c6 released.

Reminds me what I've read here in this thread.

There can be more than one beautiful corvette.

I own a c6, think its great but prefer the c7...

Not enough to drop the coin on one..but I do prefer it.

Johnny Utah 10-06-2013 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by richie15 (Post 1585090897)
"Busy" is the exact same thought I have about the C7.I realize all the vents/scoops are functional but there's just a little too much stuff breaking up the lines for me. And the stingray emblem is kind of JC Whitney. My dealer has an extra 5g's tacked on for "market adjustment" so that's a good deterrent for me to wait without even discussing the rear-end design.:crazy2:

I agree..is it me or does the gauges look like the C4ish:confused2:
Obviously the 7 is more technology advanced,which is a good thing.

csf 10-06-2013 09:03 AM

Gonna be a great day. First I'm gonna run on my treadmill watching my 32" Sony Trinitron color TV. Then I'm gonna check my email on my Windows XP desktop. Then I'll eat breakfast while I listen to a Billy Joel album on my turntable. Then I'll shower, get dressed and take my '13 C6 GS for a spin. I guess I just like obsolete stuff.

LFZ 10-06-2013 09:10 AM

Finally saw a C7 up close and personal yesterday. It's an interesting car...I loved the style when it first was introduced but after seeing it in person... It's got some interesting design issues IMO. I like the blacked out rear diffuser and around the tailights, but why couldn't it be satin black.... Even gloss black...no, it's gloss black with some sort of glitter in the paint..wtf??

Anyways...I will definitely own whatever Z0X version of the C7, because the base model stingray performance is just overhyped and not that impressive to me.

pickleseimer 10-06-2013 09:40 AM

Getting back to the OP's question, they are both outstanding cars. The C7 should be a 'better' car all around, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be the hit that it is, the few naysayers aside. Time marches on and things improve based on what the market wants. To me, the C7 appearance is a home run. I see generational change as something good.

My thing is 'verts - gotta be a 'vert. I've got an '01, and bought a new 427 this past summer. I was wondering if the C5 would be relegated to the back of the shop after the 427 came home, but that isn't how it turned out. Both cars have their strengths and I drive them about the same miles per month. The C5 is an excellent road trip car, and the 427 is all about usable power on the street and legacy big cube motor in a vert. The LS3 just didn't cut it for me and the ZR1 didn't come as a 'vert, so there it is.

So I'm really liking the C6. And I'll be looking to add a C7 'vert when it steps up in the higher performance arena, which I have no doubt that it will. The C7 platform looks to be vastly open-ended for performance and I'm sure GM will leverage that as the years progress. An exciting time to witness.

billyboy47 10-06-2013 09:46 AM

beginning to rethink my opinion on the c7. after just coming back from the dark side (c7 forum) i see some owners are expeirencing some minor to more than minor problems with their cars. one owner even had the brake peddle come loose on him. that could be a real problem on the highway.:willy: i know, first year issues come with every vehicle, but it seems like there are just too many issues when you pay that kind of money.:ack: i don't recall the first year c6 having that many problems. i was really considering the c7 but after visiting the c7 forum, i think i just might wait a couple more years.:crazy:

wayback 10-06-2013 09:48 AM

Well my oldest son came home from work yesterday all excited. There was a C7 in the parking lot as he left work. He went to look and the owner was in it so they talked for awhile. He said it was absolutely breathtaking.

He was kidding me as he was the first to see it in person. :(:lol::lol:
Told him well we will see who is the first to drive one.:rofl:

he was very impressed with the CG C7, but told me he did not think I should give up my C6 for one. He wants me to have both!!:D

Very smart son, I think.:rock::rock:

Larry/car 10-06-2013 09:49 AM

I'm into the C7. I currently am waiting for the hype to die before even starting to negotiate a deal. The design of the C6 is great and I still like the look. What sets the C7 apart is the electronics, the C6 just doesn't compare. The dash of the C6 looks bleak when compared next to the C7. My number one must have option is the integrated navigation system, using my iPhone nav is unsafe. Currently putting miles on my C6 to offset the depreciation.

Hameister 10-06-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585103493)
beginning to rethink my opinion on the c7. after just coming back from the dark side (c7 forum) i see some owners are expeirencing some minor to more than minor problems with their cars. one owner even had the brake peddle come loose on him. that could be a real problem on the highway.:willy: i know, first year issues come with every vehicle, but it seems like there are just too many issues when you pay that kind of money.:ack: i don't recall the first year c6 having that many problems. i was really considering the c7 but after visiting the c7 forum, i think i just might wait a couple more years.:crazy:

Ok, I'll start...

1st year C6, 2005 issue....dead battery every few days.

wayback 10-06-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Larry/car (Post 1585103512)
I'm into the C7. I currently am waiting for the hype to die before even starting to negotiate a deal. The design of the C6 is great and I still like the look. What sets the C7 apart is the electronics, the C6 just doesn't compare. The dash of the C6 looks bleak when compared next to the C7. My number one must have option is the integrated navigation system, using my iPhone nav is unsafe. Currently putting miles on my C6 to offset the depreciation.

I really like the C6 cluster. Very nice layout and easy to use. Granted it is not as high tech as the C7, but still a great design.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/DSC00353.jpg

That said, I also like the C7 layout. Two different styles, both great. :thumbs:

billyboy47 10-06-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 1585103187)
I agree..is it me or does the gauges look like the C4ish:confused2:
Obviously the 7 is more technology advanced,which is a good thing.

it could be a good thing, then again, it could turn out to be brutal like some computer problems we expierence. it wouldn't be too bad if we we have the geek squad to connect to.:rock:

conlaurant 10-06-2013 10:17 AM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...age-154010.jpg

Yes, for now at least.

R&L's C6 10-06-2013 10:22 AM

Face it everyone, those C6's are just buckets of bolts compared to the C7...:rofl::rofl:

Yes, I'm kidding...:D