CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3351730-anyone-liking-their-c6-more-than-c7.html)

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-05-2013 12:35 PM

Here's my thoughts on the C7.

I think that it is a better car overall than the C6, as far as it has technology advancements, as almost every new model has (understandably). I'm sure it may be slightly faster, but who can really feel 2 or 3 tenths of a second faster (0-60), and how often does the average driver do that (unless you race your car).

I do believe that it will probably corner and hold the road slightly better at the MAX. And it has a lot of 'cool' new technology (but some of us prefer less complicated) in the dash and better seats for sure.

All that being said, everyone has their own thoughts on what looks good to them and while the new C7 does make the C6 look a little dated, it by no means make the C6 look worse than it has always looked (a beautiful car in my eyes). Heck I even think the C5 is a great looking car. :yesnod:

I congratulate all those who are in, or will be in a new C7 soon. It should be a great car. :thumbs:

I myself, really like the smoother lines of the C6 (especially the wide bodies) as opposed to the creases and vents in the C7. It looks a little too European to me and I am still not crazy about the back (although I don't hate it like some people do), it's a little busy for me.

I don't understand why some of those getting the C7 have become so derogatory of the C6 AND I don't understand why some C6 owners have trashed the C7 so much. :confused2:

We all drive Corvettes and that is a great thing. We are luckier than most. :yesnod:

I think it's great if you like the C7 and can get one, AND it's also great if you own an earlier model Corvette (regardless of the year) and prefer that one over a C7.

To each there own. :cool:

I will be keeping my 'dated' C6 for a very long time and enjoying every minute of it. :D

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaf2e7307.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps873e807a.jpg

meadowz06 10-05-2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC (Post 1585089271)
I have been reviewing all the actual C7 delivery pics...I am extremely happy for all new C7 owners, as taking delivery of the latest Vette is one of life tru pleasures!

I like my base, narrow body '12 C6 even more now:

-Factory order form McMulkin for $43K
-New Seats and better interior materials in '12
-Love the huge classic red after-burner rear lights

The C6 body just seems clean and classic; and having to pay $10K more just doesnt seem right at this point.

When C7 are fully loaded with discounts for $43-45K I will buy

No. The C7 is head and shoulders above the C6 in exterior and interior, and I own and love my C6!

TLS_Addict 10-05-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097479)
No. The C7 is head and shoulders above the C6 in exterior and interior, and I own and love my C6!

Bold is purely subjective.

meadowz06 10-05-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict (Post 1585097550)
Bold is purely subjective.

If you say so. But Stevie Wonder could see that the C7 is better looking than a C6!

The Director 10-05-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097741)
If you say so. But Stevie Wonder could see that the C7 is better looking than a C6!

Hogwash :yawn:

direct007 10-05-2013 02:30 PM

I'm trying to be rational. If money was no object, I'd have a new one in my possession right now. I really like the c7 but In 3 years these $70,000 c7's will be selling used for about $40,000. Do I like the car enough to blow $30k ? Will my driving experience be THAT much better than my C6 which I absolutely love? I've got nobody to impress but myself so I think I'll wait and enjoy my C6 just a bit longer :o)

Jaxon 10-05-2013 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585089607)
I like my C6 but the C7 is definitely a more aggressive looking car. It has many improvements and in a few months when they are a more freguent sight on the road, the C6 will look dated. That is to everyone except those in denial.

I didn't get the new I phone when it came out. Am I in denial that I really want one.
I wouldn't trade my C6 on a C7. I don't like them. BTW, there are several exotics that I don't like the look of and would never own, regardless of the price. If the car was free I would sell it.
The above statements aren't a dig on anyone that likes the C7. If you like it, go buy it. To say that everyone must admit to liking it are or they are in denial is absurd.

Hameister 10-05-2013 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097741)

Originally Posted by The Director (Post 1585097932)
Hogwash :yawn:

Good Lord!

Why can't folks just agree, that a car's "look", it's cosmetic appeal, both inside, and out, is purely subjective.

What's gorgeous to one person, is bland to another, simple.

There is no right, or wrong.

Hell, I still think the C5 is one of, if not the best looking 'vette ever made, surpassed only by the '63 split window coupe.

I guess that makes me :crazy2: :lol:

GrandSportRob 10-05-2013 04:51 PM

Saw the C7 in person 3 times, not impressed, too busy, Camaro tailights, full sticker price. Have much better things to spend money on. Besides, I'm having too much fun with this widebody beast:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...ker/GS1003.jpg

dvilin 10-05-2013 05:30 PM

:yawn:

Originally Posted by Jaxon (Post 1585098825)
I didn't get the new I phone when it came out. Am I in denial that I really want one.
I wouldn't trade my C6 on a C7. I don't like them. BTW, there are several exotics that I don't like the look of and would never own, regardless of the price. If the car was free I would sell it.
The above statements aren't a dig on anyone that likes the C7. If you like it, go buy it. To say that everyone must admit to liking it are or they are in denial is absurd.

dvilin 10-05-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585096643)
Nope, another failed attempt. When someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with you consider that to be denial. Keep trying buddy.

Uh okay "Buddy".:eek::crazy:

vara411 10-05-2013 05:50 PM

It's like I said in the C7 forum where this debate is also raging:

I would agree that the C7 makes the C6 look dated - from a technological standpoint - but that in no way makes the C6 any less desirable or attractive.

Me personally, I'm in LOVE with the C7 (sans rear end), but that doesn't stop my eyes from following a C5 or C6 each and every time I see one.

About to sound cheesy here, but this car is an ICON. It has a "soul," if you will. It's more of a continuum, rather than just an isolated model. There's always going to be something newer. That's life. But every Corvette is unmistakable, every Corvette is part of a long, storied heritage of American engineering. :flag:

Let's just all enjoy the ride, shall we? :steering:

Hameister 10-05-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585099206)
:yawn:

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585099237)
Uh okay "Buddy".:eek::crazy:

You and I had a disagreement some time back, because you were needlessly offensive.

You're doing the same thing here. 3 people pointed out that your remark about "being in denial" was offensive.

Frankly, when I read your remark, it struck me the same way. I thought, why am I in denial, simply because I don't share your opinion?

Wouldn't it be so much better to just respond by saying, "sorry, that was a poor choice of words." End of issue.

Instead you choose to respond as you have with more disrespect.

Makes no sense.

08 ATOMIC-Z 10-05-2013 06:56 PM

YES! Hands down.

conlaurant 10-05-2013 07:22 PM

I think the C7 is a wonderful car and I'm sure one day I will have one, but until you have and drive a Callaway 606, 460hp even in a Ferrari or Lamborghini wouldn't work for me. Once you feel power, it's hard to go back, even if other areas are superior. It's a Corvette, so the C7 will prove to be another amazing product just like my C6 is/was. Check with me in 48 mos.

LIE2ME 10-05-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by vara411 (Post 1585099339)
It's like I said in the C7 forum where this debate is also raging:

I would agree that the C7 makes the C6 look dated - from a technological standpoint - but that in no way makes the C6 any less desirable or attractive.

Me personally, I'm in LOVE with the C7 (sans rear end), but that doesn't stop my eyes from following a C5 or C6 each and every time I see one.

About to sound cheesy here, but this car is an ICON. It has a "soul," if you will. It's more of a continuum, rather than just an isolated model. There's always going to be something newer. That's life. But every Corvette is unmistakable, every Corvette is part of a long, storied heritage of American engineering. :flag:

Let's just all enjoy the ride, shall we? :steering:

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...psf893936d.jpg

Jim2003 10-05-2013 07:31 PM

I love my 2013 C6. I ordered it to avoid the C7. I am extremely happy with my car. It is so much better than my 03 C5.

ls1121 10-05-2013 07:34 PM

Ya just got to love these " my father can beat up your father" conversations. Just goes to show the old saying "little boys never grow up their toys just get more expensive" :toetap:

Now for the original question, I really like my C6. I really like my 98 Z28 also............... when the C7 is around for a while and year end prices get to be like they were on the c6 end of 2012 and 2013 I will buy a C7 and still keep my C6 because that's what I do. :cheers: I liked the C7 the moment I saw a photo, I haven't seen one in person but I will. I think ALL Corvettes are Real Nice. I also think 51% of the population is stupid and the other 49% are suspect. lmao. I don't care much for that hole in the hood though and when I get mine I will have the body shop cover it up, will be a much nicer look. :rofl:

v.vet's Z06 10-05-2013 08:12 PM

Love my Z06!

:flag:

dvilin 10-05-2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585099403)
You and I had a disagreement some time back, because you were needlessly offensive.

You're doing the same thing here. 3 people pointed out that your remark about "being in denial" was offensive.

Frankly, when I read your remark, it struck me the same way. I thought, why am I in denial, simply because I don't share your opinion?

Wouldn't it be so much better to just respond by saying, "sorry, that was a poor choice of words." End of issue.

Instead you choose to respond as you have with more disrespect.

Makes no sense.

Must you always jump in and bore people with your lame messages. Really do not need any preaching from you.