CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3351730-anyone-liking-their-c6-more-than-c7.html)

RobLo 10-04-2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585092392)
I don't believe it for a second.

No one is that nuts.

Straight from the salesman's mouth....and we ALL know how honest they are! :rock: He said it was there for a Corvette show they were having on Sunday (dealer is Atlantic Chevrolet in Bay Shore, Long Island) and was then being shipped back to Bowling Green...he didn't say but I got the impression it might have been the owner of the dealership's car, that would make sense. Anyway, the $990 Museum Delivery fee was right on the sticker...

Hameister 10-04-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by RobLo (Post 1585093090)
Straight from the salesman's mouth....and we ALL know how honest they are! :rock: He said it was there for a Corvette show they were having on Sunday (dealer is Atlantic Chevrolet in Bay Shore, Long Island) and was then being shipped back to Bowling Green...he didn't say but I got the impression it might have been the owner of the dealership's car, that would make sense. Anyway, the $990 Museum Delivery fee was right on the sticker...

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not questioning your integrity at all.

It's the salesman who I don't believe. Every new car I have purchased, throughout my entire life, (about 10), has been marred by some BS I was told by a salesman. Something that a week later, or a month later, turned out to be completely untrue.

Sometimes they were well meaning, but were not knowledgeable, or misinformed.

Sometimes, they intentionally lied about something.

Sometimes, it was what they should have told me, and didn't, that created a problem.

I literally hate, having to deal with car salesman. I trust none of them!

Eritosthenes 10-04-2013 09:31 PM

My C6 is a vert *without* OnStar. Ordered it that way. When I can order a C7 vert without, I'll think about it.

TLS_Addict 10-04-2013 09:49 PM

I saw one this week in person (C7) and I have to say that I think it looks worse in person. If it was the only Vette out there I would most likely have it, but since I have a C6......I wont be trading.

Those who like it, thats awesome, its a great car and you should enjoy it. Life is short. :)

The Director 10-04-2013 10:21 PM

I looked at one. The interior was too funky, the rear end is just not Corvette, and the hood scoop slits look cheap. :ack:

IMHO, the C6 Grand Sport is a much nicer looking car. :yesnod:

Goaty 10-05-2013 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585089607)
I like my C6 but the C7 is definitely a more aggressive looking car. It has many improvements and in a few months when they are a more freguent sight on the road, the C6 will look dated. That is to everyone except those in denial.

So if someone doesn't share your opinion that the C6 will look dated then they are in denial?

Once the hoopla fades there is no doubt the C7 will age poorly. It has a striking design but it isn't the kind that will stand the test of time, particularly the rear.

bladex10 10-05-2013 12:39 AM

I always lol at these kind of threads. It's like someone calling you ugly at school so you have to go home to your family to get reassurance.

texvette2 10-05-2013 12:55 AM

The C6 is so obsolete looking now. So if really drove it. I would have had
the money down on a C7. Just seldom drive it now 9,000 miles. And the fact,
like said in another post. The depressed trade get on the C6 would have
to come up with $50,000. Just don't know if worth it for so few miles driven

texvette2 10-05-2013 01:02 AM

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
So true salesmen are just
flat full of it. Guess if they could really do something in life wouldn't
be sitting on the steps of a car dealership all day.

But you're right, the moment you pull up their mouth start to run.

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585093216)

It's the salesman who I don't believe. Every new car I have purchased, throughout my entire life, (about 10), has been marred by some BS I was told by a salesman. Something that a week later, or a month later, turned out to be completely untrue.

Sometimes, it was what they should have told me, and didn't, that created a problem.

Rebel 1 10-05-2013 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1585090900)
um,if you can afford a C6 you can afford a C7..It could be that some of us JUST DON'T FIND THE C7 ATTRACTIVE!As a matter of fact,I find it down right ugly from most angles I look at.Nothing to do with what I can afford,my c6 or any other damn thing...and I won't hold my breath for the "p" car people to come over...

:iagree: 100%

dvilin 10-05-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585094672)
So if someone doesn't share your opinion that the C6 will look dated then they are in denial?

Once the hoopla fades there is no doubt the C7 will age poorly. It has a striking design but it isn't the kind that will stand the test of time, particularly the rear.

Thanks for the perfect example, with time your condition will improve.

LIE2ME 10-05-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by manic mike (Post 1585090387)
Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...pse12c6d32.jpg

Too-Fast 10-05-2013 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by manic mike (Post 1585090387)
Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

I DISAGREE...count me in your 10% that would not trade my 2011 Z06/Z07 for a C7. Nothing about the C7 makes me want it; not disparaging those that do, but me thinks you presume too much.

Goaty 10-05-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585096039)
Thanks for the perfect example, with time your condition will improve.

Perfect example of what? I merely asked you a question. Nice try at being a smart ass, it didn't work.

dvilin 10-05-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585096433)
Perfect example of what? I merely asked you a question. Nice try at being a smart ass, it didn't work.

There you go again, typical of people in denial, must lash out at others. People in denial such as yourself do not ask questions looking for answers.

hdkeno 10-05-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585092392)
I don't believe it for a second.

No one is that nuts.

Dont be too sure about that,lot of crazies out there,nothing surprises me anymore......:crazy2:

Goaty 10-05-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585096511)
There you go again, typical of people in denial, must lash out at others. People in denial such as yourself do not ask questions looking for answers.

Nope, another failed attempt. When someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with you consider that to be denial. Keep trying buddy.

Cherokee Nation 10-05-2013 11:19 AM

My C6 looks like Miss America now compared to the C7 thing,.,.:)

RobLo 10-05-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585093216)

Understood and totally agree with you, thanks! :cheers:

YELW 06 Z51 10-05-2013 12:03 PM

I like the c7 from the front. The side profile im not too crazy over and the rear just doesnt do anything for me. Looks like I'll be happily staying with what I have!