CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3351730-anyone-liking-their-c6-more-than-c7.html)

LinxuSx 10-06-2013 11:25 AM

Base C6 vs Base C7... the C7 wins hands down. Better technology, refined interior and a modern exterior. I do think the C7 rear could use a nice wide booty to help it out, but the same could be said for a C6. The stock tires look tiny for a corvette.

With that said, I'm still very happy with my C6. At the end of the day, I could not afford a C7 and I would also be hesitant to get a first year C7.

Goaty 10-06-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by RMcoolX (Post 1585102326)
I am loving my C6 more than the C7, but that does not mean that I wouldn't trade for a new C7 in about 2-3yrs if the price is right. My C6 was purchased well below invoice at 0% APR. Any C7 that makes it to my garage will have to come to me with the same deal.

Yep you summed up how I feel. I only buy new cars, and I'll only buy when I can get an incredible deal. So that means buying the hot new model is out of the question for me. I'm willing to wait in order to get a great deal. Until then I'll keep driving the **** out of my C6.

Cherokee Nation 10-07-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by LinxuSx (Post 1585104229)
Base C6 vs Base C7... the C7 wins hands down. Better technology, refined interior and a modern exterior. I do think the C7 rear could use a nice wide booty to help it out, but the same could be said for a C6. The stock tires look tiny for a corvette.

With that said, I'm still very happy with my C6. At the end of the day, I could not afford a C7 and I would also be hesitant to get a first year C7.

:iagree:If the C7 had the good looks of the C6 REAR i might think twice...When I'm behind a C6 on the road the rear just looks awesome to me..:thumbs:

TLS_Addict 10-07-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097741)
If you say so. But Stevie Wonder could see that the C7 is better looking than a C6!

I guess you need to understand what subjective means.

Subjective: based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Bradl1982 10-07-2013 07:34 PM

Nope, I'd trade my C6 for a C7 in a heartbeat. I used to be on the fence about the rear-end but after seeing them side by side the C7 made the C6's rear look cartoonish. I still love my car but the C7 would be better in every way. I'll get a used '15 model a few years from now.

SlayerRX8 10-07-2013 08:20 PM

The C7 is impressive from a technology standpoint. While I have not sat in one, I bet the interior is quite comfortable. It's more powerful. All kinds of gizmos. On paper, it's a better car.

However - I dislike the C7. It's UGLY. It's not any better in person, either. I am a much bigger fan of clean lines and curves. Cars like that are timeless. The C7 has unappealing edges and angles all over it, and it looks busy on all sides. The interior looks oddly like the 2013 Viper (except more generic). It's the only Corvette other than the late C3's (1980-1982) that's actually ugly.

I liked the C4, C5, and C6 instantly. They were evolutionary, beautiful, and most definitely looked like a Corvette.

Just not interested in a Camaro/GTR stepchild. I'll enjoy my C6. :)

Rapnrev 10-07-2013 08:30 PM

I'll keep my C6 it's paid for but in 4 to 5 years after they make the usual changes I'll bite on a C7 and keep the C6 as my daily driver.

KABAL182 10-07-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by RobLo (Post 1585090741)
I saw my first C7 in the flesh today...2 of them actually side by side at a Long Island dealership. After not being impressed by the pictures, upon seeing it in person it blew me away, just beautiful! One was a green, Z51, chrome wheel package, 2 tops, Museum delivery (I asked why is it in NY, they said buyer was a big Corvette guy who wanted it first delivered to N.Y. and then was having it shipped back to Bowling Green for pickup, didn't make sense to me), listed for 75K and the other a blue 2LT with not many other options, listed around 54K. I asked the salesman who said (on the sly) that right now they're getting about 5-6K over list. If you haven't seen the car in person, don't be too quick to judge as it takes on a whole new personality when you see it. Sat in one and started it up (and showed the salesman how to index the windows, LOL), watching the instrument panel come alive as it starts is amazing...doing the numbers in my head for a 2015, definitely on the list! :cheers:

What dealership on long island?

not08crmanymore 10-07-2013 11:24 PM

5-6 k over list...lol..Some knuckleheads will pay that too...just like the beginning of the c6 run..by the end of the 05 model year they were discounts 4-5 grand.

LAYNLOW 10-08-2013 06:26 AM

I love our 13 GS Vert!!

No plans on changing that anytime soon.

RobLo 10-08-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by KABAL182 (Post 1585118274)
What dealership on long island?

Atlantic on Sunrise Hgwy. in Bay Shore...they also had a white one there but I didn't see that one, it was being prepped.

Bat Man 10-08-2013 08:51 AM

I love the C6 body, and I think it will be iconic. But I love the technology that has gone into the C7. I really wish they would have done a mid year interior refresh (like 89-90 for the C4).

The fact that GM abandoned the C6 on technology improvements, particularly the Navigation is disgusting.

TLS_Addict 10-08-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Valleybacker (Post 1585121188)
I love the C6 body, and I think it will be iconic. But I love the technology that has gone into the C7. I really wish they would have done a mid year interior refresh (like 89-90 for the C4).

The fact that GM abandoned the C6 on technology improvements, particularly the Navigation is disgusting.

They "sort of" did with the wide body......even though it came out in the 2nd year of production. You are right, if they did a slight refresh it would have been nice. However, GM was in a tight spot. They kept making a car that was selling with minimal changes over the course of many years. Less engineering = more profit.

Mr.Nubain 10-08-2013 09:40 AM

I like the C7, but I cant afford one at the moment. When my C6 is paid off, I'll probably start checking out the C7. At the moment I love the C6 GS's Z's and 427's more than the C7. The C7 seems like it has too much plastic on it, meaning the black louvers and vents and scoops, I'm sure they'll adjust that in a few years though.

csf 10-08-2013 09:45 AM

Didn't like the C7 at all when I saw it in pictures. Still don't love it but it may be starting to grow on me a bit more, but in the same way a new import like a Lexus, Jag or a Ferrari might. It does not scream Corvette to me and there is just no classic shape there. Of course, that is kind of what the new GM wanted, so good for them.

That said, even if I were to buy one, it sure wouldn't be a first year model. I have never even paid MSRP for a car, and sure as hell would never pay over that. And given all the quality issues on the C7 board in the first batch of deliveries, it seems those buyers, as forced members of GM's development team, should be getting them at invoice or less.

LFZ 10-08-2013 10:19 AM

The C6 is indeed an interesting generation for the Corvette. Very special and very vapid at the same time. We saw the introduction of fixed headlights, better technology (aside from the Nav), superior performance offered by the Z model vettes, then things got turned around during the bailout causing the generation to last longer than anticipated. GM was hurting for profits, therefore in order to increase sales, they cannibalized the exclusivity and heritage of their performance models by offering the widebody GS and even 427 convertible. Lets hope the C7 keeps the distinction of their high performance model versus the base model. I definitely like my C6 more than the C7...so far.

BWF07 10-08-2013 10:48 AM

I posted very early on this topic and stated that I like my C6. Has that changed, not really, but this past weekend I attended a Corvette show and was able to examine the C7 up close and personal. There were two at the show, a privately owned Crystal Red 2LT Z51 and a LeMans Blue Special Edition Z51 on display by a dealer. So of course we were able to sit in it and look it over for some time.
Now with that said I was not a fan boy of the C7 when it was first shown in Detroit. But I did say I would wait until I could actually see it in person. Well I am convinced that this is an exceptional car. As soon as I sat down in it I felt like I was one with the car. the seats seem to just fit right around you and you feel so locked in. I love the dash layout and the interior is a complete package.
Do I still like my C6 more then the C7, tough question. I still love the C6. I think it has great lines and it has plenty of power for me. Actually I though the C7 lost the Corvette look, but if you see one next to the C6, it shows that it is just an evolution of the C6 (not counting the rear).
If I could would I move up right now. No, I have read about the issues some new owners are having and I think that is standard for any new redesigned model, so I would give it a year or two.

Neil Baker 10-08-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by manic mike (Post 1585090387)
Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

:iagree::flag::cool:

paracord 10-08-2013 11:10 AM

No doubt the C7 is the better platform technologically and performance-wise.

But........

I love my 2012 Coupe. I don't want to buy a 1st year model....I don't want to pay the inflated prices......and I don't like the looks of the C7's rear end.

So yes, right now, I like my C6 better.

JoesC5 10-08-2013 04:11 PM

GM calls the C7 the Corvette stingray. I call it the Corvette Aztek.

This a Sting Ray, and it's in my garage, along with my 56 and my C6 Z06.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...C5/64vette.jpg

Red08 10-08-2013 04:13 PM

I like the C6 more. I have seen the C7 in person, and was not overly impressed.

rgamache 10-08-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by manic mike (Post 1585090387)
Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

Even with even money I'd keep my '13 at this point. Maybe in a couple years when all the bugs are worked out and the design is proven.

BWF07 10-08-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1585124983)
GM calls the C7 the Corvette stingray. I call it the Corvette Aztek.

This a Sting Ray, and it's in my garage, along with my 56 and my C6 Z06.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...C5/64vette.jpg

Nice ride, but what you have there is the Sting Ray and the new one id the Stingray, Remember they also had the Stingray from 1969-1976. Also lets not forget the 2009 Corvette Concept Stingray, it even had the little fish in the same location as the C7.

Joni Lynn 10-08-2013 05:58 PM

I'm still quite fond of my '13 GS and until it leaves me with that bored feeling I won't be looking for a replacement.

jmac2009 10-08-2013 06:24 PM

Still very happy with my 2009 Callaway. Maybe once the 3rd party vendors come out with a rear end replacement for the C7, I might reconsider because if I wanted my corvette rear end to look like a camero I would have bought a camero.

z edge 10-08-2013 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1585103510)
Well my oldest son came home from work yesterday all excited. There was a C7 in the parking lot as he left work. He went to look and the owner was in it so they talked for awhile. He said it was absolutely breathtaking.

He was kidding me as he was the first to see it in person. :(:lol::lol:
Told him well we will see who is the first to drive one.:rofl:

he was very impressed with the CG C7, but told me he did not think I should give up my C6 for one. He wants me to have both!!:D

Very smart son, I think.:rock::rock:

Good kid. I saw the C7 today for the very first time. Also got to sit in one thanks to the owner at the dealer was very kind and showed it to me. All I can say is, and I LOVE my C6, but when I first saw the C7 I was very quiet for a bit. Then the words "WoW" came to mind. I remember absolutely hating the jalopnik images when I first seen them, also not being overly excited by some of the photos ive seen.

But your kid is right imho...car IS Breathtaking in person...somehow pictures do NOT capture all of the angles or details. And the interior puts my C6 to shame.

Having said that, I still love my C6 and have no plans on trading. That's that.

:cheers:

donwil 11-27-2014 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE (Post 1585091475)
Look Racer. Money is not much of a deterrent to some of us. If we thought the C7 in present form was the better,nicer looking car, whatever, we would trade our C6s' in in a heartbeat. I personally had no issue trading in my 98 vert for a new 06 coupe,then for an 07 Z. All because I found the successive vehicles more appealing visually and notably performance improved. Money was not even remotely a deciding factor. IMO the C6Z New and used is still the best performance bang for the buck on the long line of Corvette models. The C7Z51 runs a close second but IMO does not look like a performance minded Vette that stands out in the crowd of MODERN muscle.

I would like to ask some of you cats a serious question and hope it is taken in the way its intended. Why is it that when someone asks about what you like or dislike so many figure out a way to turn it into a money issue where one will say others don't have enough to purchase and right away others will say money is no problem for me. Its like you dudes cant stop yourselves from telling others you have plenty of bank and if others don't like what you do its because they cant hang with you financially. Why cant it be kept about the car and not the cost? Im sure you know being able to afford a car that some cant afford doesn't make you better than anyone. Maybe I,m way off base but it does come up often. Sounds really stupid to me. :smash:

donwil 11-27-2014 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585098829)
Good Lord!

Why can't folks just agree, that a car's "look", it's cosmetic appeal, both inside, and out, is purely subjective.

What's gorgeous to one person, is bland to another, simple.

There is no right, or wrong.

Hell, I still think the C5 is one of, if not the best looking 'vette ever made, surpassed only by the '63 split window coupe.

I guess that makes me :crazy2: :lol:

No that does not make you crazy. Liking black wheels makes you :crazy2: IMO of course :D Happy Thanksgiving Hameister

Cor430vette 11-28-2014 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by donwil (Post 1588361748)
No that does not make you crazy. Liking black wheels makes you :crazy2: IMO of course :D Happy Thanksgiving Hameister

I be crazy then..because this car is amazing! I just bought the exact same model and the main reason is those black wheels!!!

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...3055350321.jpg

donwil 11-28-2014 12:09 AM

late to the party as usual

just realized this thread is a year old. Duh! My bad. Not that it matters but I really dislike the quarter window on the 7. It just doesn't say corvette to me for some reason.:cheers:

donwil 11-28-2014 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cor430vette (Post 1588361817)
I be crazy then..because this car is amazing! I just bought the exact same model and the main reason is those black wheels!!!

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...3055350321.jpg

Well at least you admit your crazy! :lol: That's the first step to recovery.(As hard as it is to say it does look sorta,somewhat,kinda ok!):D

ProfessorDeath 11-28-2014 01:30 AM

You're unlikely to get many unbiased answers here. Better to phrase this as an address to those who actually own both. There are aspects of each I love. Looks wise? Slight edge to the C6, very slight. Nearly every other metric? C7.

C6 Snowboarder 11-28-2014 10:03 AM

Let the type of photos show which one - C6 or C7 is the grandest.

Most C6 owners proudly show a Front side picture and a Ass End Picture.. both are gorgeous.

C7 Owners only show a photo of the Front side - very seldom include an Ass End photo.

The C6 Defense rests.

RobLo 11-28-2014 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder (Post 1588363094)
Let the type of photos show which one - C6 or C7 is the grandest.

Most C6 owners proudly show a Front side picture and a Ass End Picture.. both are gorgeous.

C7 Owners only show a photo of the Front side - very seldom include an Ass End photo.

The C6 Defense rests.

Funny you mention this, as I stated earlier I warmed up the C7 once I saw one (actually two) in person. While I am still madly in love with my C6, I figured a C7 was in my future, maybe a '15 or '16. More power, new technology and a much better interior had me sold. Yesterday driving home in the middle lane in mild traffic I had a black C7 pass me in the left lane. He stayed about 2 car lengths ahead of me in the traffic and I was able to really examine the car from the rear. VERY ordinary, doesn't stand out as a Vette, could be an anycar from the rear at least. It sat higher in the rear, almost the same posture as the 4-door sedan it was in front of and the rear design (lights, width, layout) was unexceptional, almost plain. I thought maybe because it was black, maybe a color would stand out more, just don't know. I'm still having an torrid love affair with my C6 and I'm worrying a C7 might be the wife of 35 years I come home to every night...:cheers:

Doc750 11-28-2014 10:39 AM

the only thing I really want from a C7 is the interior. I've had mercedes, BMW and lexus vehicles for most of my adult life and while the C6 puts a huge grin on my face, the interior always makes me look at other options.

LIE2ME 11-28-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder (Post 1588363094)

The C6 Defense rests.

Oh, I don't know. I always thought the tail end of my Carlisle Blue C6 was pretty decent looking. Not as pretty as the C5 (IMHO), but certainly not bad to look at.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...0/DSC_0047.jpg

But I would add that even after all the controversy surrounding the tail end of the C7, I find I really like the looks way better than the C5 or C6. I (and others) enthusiastically photograph my Arctic White C7 convertible from every angle.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...pse9a17086.jpg

C6 Snowboarder 11-28-2014 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LIE2ME (Post 1588363698)

My eyes hurt looking at the white Ass. Sorry - it is kinda like a Picasso Painting -- some like them some don't. Just like this one... Some will think she is beautiful and I personally would not like to come home and see this at the front door. Just like a C7 - I would hate to open the garage door and see it ass end unless it was dark out. :cheers:

The Director 11-28-2014 01:43 PM

It amazes me that people who "supposedly" have enough intelligence and money to buy a Corvette can't understand the original poster's question, or they are so shallow and self absorbed they don't care.

The OP simply said "Anyone like their C6 more than the C7?" Is the word "like" that hard to understand? As Hameister and others have said, its a matter of personal preference and the question was directed to people who have C6s...in the C6 section.

I have a C6. I like it and I'm not fond of the C7. And yes, I've driven one and even parked it next to my C6. I just don't like the C7 tail lights. I just don't like the C7 rice looking front. I really didn't like the much compressed interior. But those are personal preferences. I'm sure there are C7 people who have feelings of the reverse about C6s. Life is like that. Grow up, enjoy your automobile, find something serious to whine about, and take it away with yourself. :rolleyes:

mhatton222 11-28-2014 03:12 PM

I have now seen many C7's on the road and I must say they really do POP in terms of styling and an aggressive stance. One day I know I will have one... I just hope they change the rear end and go back to round tail lights. If they do that it goes from an 8.5 to a 10 in my book. BTW, I think the C6 is an absolute 10 as well!! :thumbs:

LIE2ME 11-28-2014 03:23 PM

For whatever it is worth, there were many C5 owners so turned off by the C6 they never bought one (money not necessarily a concern). From what I see on this thread, there are certainly some C6 owners who will have nothing to do with the C7. Shame, because it is really an amazing car...:salute:

HarleyB 11-28-2014 03:35 PM

I've owned 4 Corvettes; a C3, C4, C5, and my current C6. Unless I win the Powerball jackpot so I can get the C7Z Vert, the C6 will be the last one for me.

TCW 11-28-2014 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by HarleyB (Post 1588365041)
I've owned 4 Corvettes; a C3, C4, C5, and my current C6. Unless I win the Powerball jackpot so I can get the C7Z Vert, the C6 will be the last one for me.

:iagree:As a retiree on a fixed income, a new C7 is not a financially smart buy for me.

While I HATE to buy used cars, I'll keep my eye out for used C7s.

Tom

Scruff Vette 11-28-2014 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by TCW (Post 1588365391)
:iagree:As a retiree on a fixed income, a new C7 is not a financially smart buy for me.

While I HATE to buy used cars, I'll keep my eye out for used C7s.

Tom

Ditto :iagree:

Robs 1988 11-28-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC (Post 1585089271)
Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7?

:thumbs:

Yes, quite a bit so.

pickleseimer 11-28-2014 05:43 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1eb33fb330.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d54f3d233a.jpg
No. I like them both equally - for different reasons, but will not part with either if I can help it. They both look great to me, but looks aren't the only reason to like them.

choppychop 12-08-2014 01:43 AM

The C7 is growing on me. It's a well built supercar, but I don't care for the passenger seat area... It's small, reminds me of my 92 Vert. My wife feels the same about the feel you get while riding and stepping out of pass. area. We are on our second C6 and we waited till C7 came out before we sold the 2008. Very happy to have acquired a 2011 with only 10k on the clock that someone traded in on a C7!!