CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3351730-anyone-liking-their-c6-more-than-c7.html)

Kevin_NYC 10-04-2013 01:32 PM

Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7?

I have been reviewing all the actual C7 delivery pics...I am extremely happy for all new C7 owners, as taking delivery of the latest Vette is one of life tru pleasures!

I like my base, narrow body '12 C6 even more now:

-Factory order form McMulkin for $43K
-New Seats and better interior materials in '12
-Love the huge classic red after-burner rear lights

The C6 body just seems clean and classic; and having to pay $10K more just doesnt seem right at this point.

When C7 are fully loaded with discounts for $43-45K I will buy

Walt White Coupe 10-04-2013 01:42 PM

Not me.

wrh3 10-04-2013 01:43 PM

I am still enjoying my C6 but the new C7 is nice too- in person I think they look better than the pictures I had seen up to that point. Like you, I will wait for the prices to come down before I jump on the C7 bandwagon if I ever do.

not08crmanymore 10-04-2013 01:51 PM

I can't get used to the overall body style of the C7. I look at it one way and it's kind of nice,then another way it looks hideous..yet another way and I see that stupid GM chrome thing going thru the grill in front and :ack:..then there's that back freaking little side window there...:crazy2:...Yesterday for a second the roof line looked just like a Nissan 370 Z...the back end mid section like an ACURA TL...:leaving:...i COULD CARE less about the taillights,it's the overall car I find slightly less then hideous 98% of the time and for that reason I will be Buried in my GS!!

Kevin_NYC 10-04-2013 01:59 PM

I think the only colors that work are Black, Grey, Silver

That lower-rear black facia/valence really break up the symetry on lighter color cars

I love British Racing Green / Saddle and will have to restrain myself from pulling that Lime Rock Green trigger; own a Vintage 250 SL Roadster in same colors.

BWF07 10-04-2013 01:59 PM

Hard to say. I still enjoy my C6 and I do like the lines on it, front, side and rear. When they unveiled the C7 in Detroit, I was completely disappointed, not only with the rear treatment but also the new little window on teh side , but now that they are being delivered and I have watched them at the museum, I am really warming up to the C7. But I guess I cannot say that I like it more the my C6.
When I had my C5, I like the C6, but I never said that I did not like my C5 any longer, even when I moved up to the C6 I missed my C5 at times.

dvilin 10-04-2013 02:06 PM

I like my C6 but the C7 is definitely a more aggressive looking car. It has many improvements and in a few months when they are a more freguent sight on the road, the C6 will look dated. That is to everyone except those in denial.

billyboy47 10-04-2013 03:22 PM

whats not to like about the c7? everything about the car is more superior than the c6. you have people that have or had the p car coming over to the c7 side. even mustang guys are interested in the c7, more so than the c6. sports car fanatics know a great car when they see them, the c7 imo is the real deal. quite a few guys on the c6 put the c7 down mainly because they can't afford it right at the moment. the c7 is going to be a big seller, if chevrolet handles it right. this allocation crap is bs.:smash:

Hameister 10-04-2013 03:34 PM

"Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7?"

Let's see,....asking that question on a C6 forum, hmmm.

That's like asking, does anyone here like Dunkin' Donuts. :lol:

manic mike 10-04-2013 03:38 PM

Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

Corvette Junkie 10-04-2013 03:42 PM

:yawn:

Kevin_NYC 10-04-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585090265)
whats not to like about the c7? everything about the car is more superior than the c6. you have people that have or had the p car coming over to the c7 side. even mustang guys are interested in the c7, more so than the c6. sports car fanatics know a great car when they see them, the c7 imo is the real deal. quite a few guys on the c6 put the c7 down mainly because they can't afford it right at the moment. the c7 is going to be a big seller, if chevrolet handles it right. this allocation crap is bs.:smash:

Well, maybe we got wealthy not making snap decisions, eating massive depreciation, and forgoeing free rebates to the tune of $5000-7000

I didnt get my Ford GT by doing above:cool:

mfj427 10-04-2013 03:54 PM

good luck to the C7, lets see what she looks like in 4 years though for me.

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps161eaa71.jpg[/IMG]

mirage2991 10-04-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585090265)

lol yeah, some of us have c6zr1, we can afford a c7 to beat around and drive to the airport with... but some of us like to wait for better deals, or simply like me are not sold on its look... and plus they don't have a c7z out...so we'd be downgrading

427CRM2143 10-04-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by manic mike (Post 1585090387)
Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

Not me, nor will I when/if the hi po versions come out. I know a good thing when I have it. And I have it!

Seriously, trade this:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa7262d2b.jpg

For this (And I am being generous with a cartoon vice a real pic... One of the only cars I have seen lately that looks better virtually than in person...):

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...d_kerbeck.jpeg

Nope!
"C7... Not even once!"
:lol:

RobLo 10-04-2013 04:18 PM

I saw my first C7 in the flesh today...2 of them actually side by side at a Long Island dealership. After not being impressed by the pictures, upon seeing it in person it blew me away, just beautiful! One was a green, Z51, chrome wheel package, 2 tops, Museum delivery (I asked why is it in NY, they said buyer was a big Corvette guy who wanted it first delivered to N.Y. and then was having it shipped back to Bowling Green for pickup, didn't make sense to me), listed for 75K and the other a blue 2LT with not many other options, listed around 54K. I asked the salesman who said (on the sly) that right now they're getting about 5-6K over list. If you haven't seen the car in person, don't be too quick to judge as it takes on a whole new personality when you see it. Sat in one and started it up (and showed the salesman how to index the windows, LOL), watching the instrument panel come alive as it starts is amazing...doing the numbers in my head for a 2015, definitely on the list! :cheers:

BobMercer 10-04-2013 04:22 PM

I love the clean uncluttered lines of my '12 Torch Red Coupe. I have yet to see a '14 in person, but it appears to be a bit "busy" with all of the vents and scoops, etc. Kind of reminds me of how the '58 compares to a '59/60. They removed the fake louvers from the hood and the chromes strips from the trunk lid on the '58, and the two subsequent years were perfection to my teen eyes. Sometimes less is better. YMMV

Thomasmoto 10-04-2013 04:34 PM

Yes, I'm still deeply in love with our 11 supercharged Grand Sport. It would take 700 plus hp and a wide body to lure me away.

Tropicana 10-04-2013 04:35 PM

A dude who has his C7 shipped to NY just to gaze at it for a moment and then ships it back for meseum dlivery needs to do something to right his Karma.

richie15 10-04-2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BobMercer (Post 1585090775)
I love the clean uncluttered lines of my '12 Torch Red Coupe. I have yet to see a '14 in person, but it appears to be a bit "busy" with all of the vents and scoops, etc. Kind of reminds me of how the '58 compares to a '59/60. They removed the fake louvers from the hood and the chromes strips from the trunk lid on the '58, and the two subsequent years were perfection to my teen eyes. Sometimes less is better. YMMV

"Busy" is the exact same thought I have about the C7.I realize all the vents/scoops are functional but there's just a little too much stuff breaking up the lines for me. And the stingray emblem is kind of JC Whitney. My dealer has an extra 5g's tacked on for "market adjustment" so that's a good deterrent for me to wait without even discussing the rear-end design.:crazy2: