CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Well C6 brothers.............. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3350720-well-c6-brothers.html)

Hameister 10-04-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by travisnd (Post 1585088561)
Actually every forum dealer is selling at MSRP.

I know of at least one dealer, here in south Florida, that is selling the C7 for $3,000 over MSRP, and still taking new orders at that price.

It's really :crazy2:

LMB-C6 10-04-2013 07:32 PM

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do with my 'Classic' C6.

dpigguy 10-04-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by johnodrake (Post 1585083998)

:thumbs::thumbs::woohoo:

barduch 10-04-2013 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Flame Red (Post 1585081790)
Maybe the Vendors will head over to the C7 section and clog up the C7 forums with their "ad" threads instead of us?

:iagree:Touche'! To quote Napoleon Hill, "Every adversity contains the seed to an equal or greater benefit."

And, please don't get me wrong, I like the new C7 a lot. It is definitely not an adversity. Was at the dealership today and sat in a VY 3LT coupe for quite a while and looked at two others including a CG Z51. They declined my request for a test drive saying that only the owner of the dealership has been driving the one, as yet unsold C7, that I was allowed to sit in. It would sure be fun to have one of the first of the C7s and yes I am a bit jealous of those brave individuals that have purchased the "beta version" of the C7. I am, however, pretty happy with my '10 ZR1 and will wait patiently for a higher HP wide body option in a couple of years and hope that most of the teething problems have been long resolved.

R&L's C6 10-04-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by barduch (Post 1585092530)
:iagree:Touche'! To quote Napoleon Hill, "Every adversity contains the seed to an equal or greater benefit."

And, please don't get me wrong, I like the new C7 a lot. It is definitely not an adversity. Was at the dealership today and sat in a VY 3LT coupe for quite a while and looked at two others including a CG Z51. They declined my request for a test drive saying that only the owner of the dealership has been driving the one, as yet unsold C7, that I was allowed to sit in. It would sure be fun to have one of the first of the C7s and yes I am a bit jealous of those brave individuals that have purchased the "beta version" of the C7. I am, however, pretty happy with my '10 ZR1 and will wait patiently for a higher HP wide body option in a couple of years and hope that most of the teething problems have been long resolved.

Hey Pat, that dealer is full of $h!t....they let Paul take it for a ride....I guess you have to buy a ZR1, Z06, and Grand Sport from them before they offer to let you drive it. :lol:

Hameister 10-04-2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585092720)
Hey Pat, that dealer is full of $h!t....

Now there's something ya don't hear very often. A dealer that's fulla $h!t. :lolg:

barduch 10-04-2013 09:14 PM

Hey Pat, that dealer is full of $h!t....they let Paul take it for a ride....I guess you have to buy a ZR1, Z06, and Grand Sport from them before they offer to let you drive it. :lol:

That one had 51 miles on the odometer so I am sure that it had been test driven by more than a few prospects. My original salesman, Bob Cooksey, isn't there anymore and today I was being "chaperoned" by a very nice but not too bright young salesperson. Did Paul like it and what color is he going to get?

R&L's C6 10-04-2013 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by barduch (Post 1585093245)
That one had 51 miles on the odometer so I am sure that it had been test driven by more than a few prospects. My original salesman, Bob Cooksey, isn't there anymore and today I was being "chaperoned" by a very nice but not too bright young salesperson. Did Paul like it and what color is he going to get?

He liked it but is waiting for the Z model yet to come....

MikeyTX 10-04-2013 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585073838)
Lots of excitement going on in the C7 forum with all the new deliveries.

All we have left is wax, tire, garage queen, and C6 problem threads....:rofl::hide:

Feels kinda weird we wont see any new deliveries anymore. All of the new car forum dealers and some of the most knowledgeable forum members gone too. Oh well, I guess that's the way it is....

We are officially....................OBSOLETE. :D

Ahhhh errrrr ......... I'll bet that until all the 12 and 13's are sold off the lots we'll still hear from several of our forum vendors every time they sell one. :D

R&L's C6 10-04-2013 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1585093843)
Ahhhh errrrr ......... I'll bet that until all the 12 and 13's are sold off the lots we'll still hear from several of our forum vendors every time they sell one. :D

Seems like it's about the only time they show up..:D...:hide:

MikeyTX 10-04-2013 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1585086245)
hmmm your one up on me John.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/2vettes3.jpg

All of yours look nicer than mine also!!:toetap::lol::lol:

That's 'cause he doesn't drive his in the rain .................. :rofl::rofl:sorry wayback ........... The devil made me do it .......:D

MikeyTX 10-04-2013 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by travisnd (Post 1585088561)
Actually every forum dealer is selling at MSRP.

Actually, several are selling below MSRP. Reliable in Springfield, MO was the first.

brettbolt 10-04-2013 11:06 PM

I bought my '13 GS in May. Now after educating myself about all the improvements in the C7, I wish I had held out for one! :ack:

Wife says no way I'm upgrading so soon. Maybe in 3 years when were done paying my youngest son through college.

Jim2003 10-04-2013 11:45 PM

I ordered my 13 in spring of 2012 , i got it,June 2012. I traded my 03 C5 for it. I got a 13 to avoid the C7. I just flat do not like the exterior design at all. Now the interior is nice. My C6 is 10 years newer than my C5. The improvements make the C6 so much better. So I agree there will be a difference between the C6 and the C7. I just could not stand the design. I always liked the C6 design over my C5.

The C6 is not obsolete, it is not outdated, it is one super fine car. The 13's are a perfect manufacturing process. Thelant had the C6 process down to a fine art after 9 model years.

Garret 10-05-2013 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585073838)
Lots of excitement going on in the C7 forum with all the new deliveries.

All we have left is wax, tire, garage queen, and C6 problem threads....:rofl::hide:

Feels kinda weird we wont see any new deliveries anymore. All of the new car forum dealers and some of the most knowledgeable forum members gone too. Oh well, I guess that's the way it is....

We are officially....................OBSOLETE. :D

Well...I'm now just waiting for the C7 "newbies" to come into this thread and call us C6 owners jealous like they do in many of the C7 general ones when anyone goes over there. I know 1 person who was supposed to get a C7 from a C6 and I'm sure he is a level headed person and not one of the "newbies".

It's really sad the competition between the C years....I started with a C4 and never had any negative stuff from anyone else until the C7. It would seem to me they are a new breed of owners and it's really sad actually.

I will stick with my C6 GS until the wide body comes out and then all the "base" C7 owners can eat my dust ! :)

texvette2 10-05-2013 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by glenB (Post 1585074326)
Wait till they start having complicated problems with all the computer functions it has, then they'll wish they never left

No that is when you wish had a C2 or C3. C6's are so old,
serious computer glitches will render the car useless. Too
costly to fix. early C6's

Virtual Geezer 10-05-2013 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by barduch (Post 1585092530)
Was at the dealership today and sat in a VY 3LT coupe for quite a while and looked at two others including a CG Z51. They declined my request for a test drive saying that only the owner of the dealership has been driving the one, as yet unsold C7, that I was allowed to sit in.

Originally Posted by barduch (Post 1585093245)

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585093726)
He liked it but is waiting for the Z model yet to come....

Hmm, it takes a Village, right? I've been doing business with these people for 21 years. They always get looney when a new generation of Vette comes along.

The story they told you about the owner driving a Vette is true -- he likes having one to slum around in when he's not driving a Lexus LFA. (In addition to the Chev. store, this automotive group also owns two Lexus stores.)

Question: How are they pricing the C7? I was emphatically informed last June that they would not charge over MSRP. However, their website lists five C7s -- with 'Contact Us' where the price normally is shown.

R&L's C6 10-05-2013 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer (Post 1585095151)
Question: How are they pricing the C7? I was emphatically informed last June that they would not charge over MSRP. However, their website lists five C7s -- with 'Contact Us' where the price normally is shown.

I was told they are only charging MSRP.

Jefff1 10-05-2013 06:43 AM

:D Mrs. Lucky and I have been batting the ball over the net all summer on this one....so we went to Carlisle, first time ever...looked at the C7's...looked at many nice C6's...even talked to a fella from PA who is a member of a Vette club that has all C5 owners...well there is one guy he said that strayed to a C6...

For us would we get a base C7 coupe or loaded low mileage GS? Never owned a Vette so we had to do some homework...currently our 11 GS Vert with only 2200 miles on the odo is on route to our humble hovel...love the wide body look and Supersonic Blue color...

Our first Vette....what a great country we live in :thumbs:

R&L's C6 10-05-2013 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1585094850)
Well...I'm now just waiting for the C7 "newbies" to come into this thread and call us C6 owners jealous like they do in many of the C7 general ones when anyone goes over there. I know 1 person who was supposed to get a C7 from a C6 and I'm sure he is a level headed person and not one of the "newbies".

It's really sad the competition between the C years....I started with a C4 and never had any negative stuff from anyone else until the C7. It would seem to me they are a new breed of owners and it's really sad actually.

I will stick with my C6 GS until the wide body comes out and then all the "base" C7 owners can eat my dust ! :)

Well to be fair Garret, it's not all C7 owners and I have met a few C6 owners that can be jerks too.....

I think jerks come in all generations.....:rofl: