CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Well C6 brothers.............. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3350720-well-c6-brothers.html)

R&L's C6 10-02-2013 08:37 PM

Well C6 brothers..............

Lots of excitement going on in the C7 forum with all the new deliveries.

All we have left is wax, tire, garage queen, and C6 problem threads....:rofl::hide:

Feels kinda weird we wont see any new deliveries anymore. All of the new car forum dealers and some of the most knowledgeable forum members gone too. Oh well, I guess that's the way it is....

We are officially....................OBSOLETE. :D

z edge 10-02-2013 08:40 PM

Its been a fun ride....oh wait...it still is :)

With the economy the way it is and the govt shutdown and furloughs, etc., im in no danger of trading "up" to a C7 anytime soon. Will be happy to just hang on to the car that I have.

Aceman 10-02-2013 08:42 PM

Poor us....slumming w/ a C6.....will we ever go out in public again?

R&L's C6 10-02-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by z edge (Post 1585073862)

With the economy the way it is and the govt shutdown and furloughs, etc., im in no danger of trading "up" to a C7 anytime soon. Will be happy to just hang on to the car that I have.

:iagree: 100%

Purchased the wife a new little Buick so no C7 in my immediate future either...:(

But hey, it's got a turbo in it!!!!!!!!

Attachment 47737942

dpigguy 10-02-2013 09:03 PM

I feel like I own a C4 now! :hide:

SSTEVEGS 10-02-2013 09:03 PM

Yea, each generation gets a bump downgrade...but the good news is -

We're all still driving CORVETTES!

Red08 10-02-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by z edge (Post 1585073862)

:iagree: almost every day I hear someone telling folks to get out of debt...much worse times are coming (economically). The last thing I would want to do right now is assume additional debt. No way I would that just to drive a C7. My car is paid for, and I have no thoughts of changing anything, at least not in the forseeable future.

Gearhead Jim 10-02-2013 09:15 PM

For the last dozen years, we've always had a new or almost-new Corvette. We' had a lot of fun.
But I notice that the other members in our club who have previous generations, have just as much fun as we do.
:thumbs:

Vetteman Jack 10-02-2013 09:15 PM

The C5 guys felt the same way when the C6 came out but there is still plenty to enjoy about these cars. Enjoy that C6 - it's a great car.

raspyc6 10-02-2013 09:16 PM

My Vette is having its nose repaired at Stingray Chevrolet. I got the keys to a new 2014 Equinox as a loan vehicle and the SOB was just fine.

R&L's C6 10-02-2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim (Post 1585074186)
For the last dozen years, we've always had a new or almost-new Corvette. We' had a lot of fun.
But I notice that the other members in our club who have previous generations, have just as much fun as we do.
:thumbs:

:iagree:

I guess the best lesson one can learn from life is be happy with what you have and make the best of it. :cheers:

dvilin 10-02-2013 09:22 PM

Yep we are now the has beens, but happy ones.

hawkgfr 10-02-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack (Post 1585074187)
The C5 guys felt the same way when the C6 came out but there is still plenty to enjoy about these cars. Enjoy that C6 - it's a great car.

and I still look at very c5 I see on the road and think damn that still looks good...

I mean really, she still looks hot doesn't she?:thumbs:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps3ddeba25.jpg

sdk 10-02-2013 09:28 PM

There are still some new unsold C6s out there. It's not totally over yet!!

glenB 10-02-2013 09:30 PM

Wait till they start having complicated problems with all the computer functions it has, then they'll wish they never left

Boomer111 10-02-2013 09:59 PM

Ya I find myself going back and forth now between this forum and the c7.

I never did go back to the C5 forum. The C6 2008 is my first Vette although I was a member prior to owning it by a 3 years.

I spouse I'll spend more time on the Off Topic forum. While waiting for the C6 long mileage problems to develope.

csf 10-02-2013 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585073838)

All we have left is wax, tire, garage queen, and C6 problem threads....:rofl::hide:

Feels kinda weird we wont see any new deliveries anymore. All of the new car forum dealers and some of the most knowledgeable forum members gone too. Oh well, I guess that's the way it is....

Uhh . . . not just excitement over there . . . unfortunately already a bunch of problems in some of the C7's delivered as well. Feel bad for those buyers, but thats why I'll keep my obsolete C6 a few more years.

michaelinmech 10-02-2013 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585073838)

^ Playing with the new shiny toy on the playground is certainly cool, but is by no means the only way to have fun. It's a big playground out there and there's fun to be had with all the toys. None are obsolete so long as you still enjoy them and they make you happy, imho. :D

idaband 10-02-2013 11:04 PM

I just got my C6. Can't wait to get my C8 ;) Just a humble middle class here. Blessed to have what I have...and its a TON of fun. C7 is nice. so's a C5. This group has sooo many c6 owners I'm sure everyone will still be around to help.

TulsaVette 10-02-2013 11:14 PM

I was out yesterday in my 427 vert and opened it up on a long straight stretch. I thought "this thing sounds like a race car." I am so extremely pleased with my C6 that I cannot imagine getting a C7.

I am very happy for the guys in the C7 section getting their cars, but I still smile when I walk out in the garage and see this...

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...psc4677f48.jpg