CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Treated very poorly - GM order process is BROKEN! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3347157-treated-very-poorly-gm-order-process-is-broken.html)

Zhuskers1 09-27-2013 12:14 AM

Treated very poorly - GM order process is BROKEN!

I put $1000 down in January to secure one of my 3 dealers 2014 allocations. Today I get a call from my dealer saying your allocation is ready and you have until next Tuesday to make changes to your order. Now for the bad news....Carbon fiber constraint and Z51 constraint. He tells me I must remove both options or my allocation will go to another order. The Z51 is not an item that I will remove from my order.

He then tells me that he does not currently have any additional allocations for 2014. Therefore he does not know if he will have an allocation when the constraints clear.

THIS IS VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE

I put money down in January to secure one of your first three allocations and because GM has shortages on my desired options I loose my allocation with no guarantee that I will receive another allocation when the options I ordered are available.

This is my first Vette. I am considering canceling my order and getting another brand of sports car where my business is valued.

Very disappointed.

Gr8ful 09-27-2013 12:21 AM

That is just wrong.

Drake Heminger 09-27-2013 12:21 AM

I agree I would not give up Z51 option that is just not happening

themonk 09-27-2013 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Zhuskers1 (Post 1585022445)

This is my first Vette. I am considering canceling my order and getting another brand of sports car where my business is valued.

Very disappointed.

If GM builds only 10 Corvettes and 100 people want them, one person cancelling their order will not make them blink an eye. Trust me, cancel your order and you'll be the one missing out, not GM. Be patient, take a deep breath, relax and just go with the flow. Try another dealership, there's probably a dozen in here that will be happy to get you the car that you want or just wait, do you really want to drive it during the winter (I have no idea where you live)?

DREAMERAK 09-27-2013 12:27 AM

I put $1000 down in January to secure one of my 3 dealers 2014 allocations. Today I get a call from my dealer saying your allocation is ready and you have until next Tuesday to make changes to your order. Now for the bad news....Carbon fiber constraint and Z51 constraint. He tells me I must remove both options or my allocation will go to another order. The Z51 is not an item that I will remove from my order.

He then tells me that he does not currently have any additional allocations for 2014. Therefore he does not know if he will have an allocation when the constraints clear.

I put money down in January to secure one of your first three allocations and because GM has shortages on my desired options I loose my allocation with no guarantee that I will receive another allocation when the options I ordered are available.

Very disappointed.

That does suck, cancel your order and call one of the large dealers on this forum.

Sin City 09-27-2013 12:33 AM

No more allocations for 2014? I would shop around

No way I would not buy a Z51 if I wanted one.

But, also no way I would pay so much for the Jag for the power it has. It would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

KingMotley 09-27-2013 12:50 AM

Zhuskers, just realize everything you've said bad is directly related to the dealership, not GM. The dealer is the one who is making all those demands about the allocation, and they obviously don't have enough allocations, which means they are a smaller dealer that doesn't do a lot of corvette sales, or you are dealing with a high pressure sales guy that wants to force you into taking a car you don't really want just so he can get his commission this week rather than a few weeks later. There are plenty of great dealerships out there. If I were you, I would consider talking with one of them, many of them have people in this forum.

If you feel up to it, you might even consider writing a couple letters to the people at GM. They can't fix what they don't know is broken. I wouldn't be surprised if they themselves weren't shocked, and had a nice heart to heart with the dealership involved.

lt4obsesses 09-27-2013 12:59 AM

I would have to agree that this is a bad call on this dealership's part. I can understand letting you know about the constraint, and offering you the option of reconfiguration to get the car sooner, however, to give away your allocation spot because you don't is very short sighted on their part. The length of the Carbon constraint may be hit or miss, but I'm willing to bet the Z51 won't be long. There's just too much marketing on that package for them not to get busy fixing that issue.

We're atarting to see alot of cars where the customer backed out, and these cars are sitting in the dealership. Like has been said, call these Forum dealers. Heck, you might get lucky and find something close to your car and be driving in a few days. At the very least these guys seem to "get it" and you will be dealing with professionals.

Just don't give up and go spend twice the money on something you'll like half as much.

yellowray 09-27-2013 01:23 AM

Today I get a call from my dealer saying your allocation is ready and you have until next Tuesday to make changes to your order. Now for the bad news....Carbon fiber constraint and Z51 constraint. He tells me I must remove both options or my allocation will go to another order. The Z51 is not an item that I will remove from my order.

Very disappointed.

That's about the same call I got a few days ago(roof), but before the Z-51 constraint. I guess I can expect another call and another no change answer.

At least if the economy takes a dump in the next few months you have time to re-think the expenditure. :flaghalfmast:

TX-OU812 09-27-2013 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1585022621)
Jag XK-R

I think that you meant to say.....ugly as Hell Jag XK-R.

Absolutely hideous....., in my opinion

themonk 09-27-2013 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by TX-OU812 (Post 1585022691)
I think that you meant to say.....ugly as Hell Jag XK-R.

Absolutely hideous....., in my opinion

It's no CLS that's for sure. To me that Jag looks like a BRZ and FR-S, not hideous but not stunning either.

Garret 09-27-2013 01:39 AM

WTF...LOL..I'm sorry...it was only a matter of time before GM screwed he pooch on the C7...sorry!

rcallen484 09-27-2013 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1585022730)
WTF...LOL..I'm sorry...it was only a matter of time before GM screwed he pooch on the C7...sorry!

Are you laughing out loud at the OP's situation or sorry for the OP's situation and you will be happy if and when GM "screws the pooch" on the C7? Are you conflicted?

yellowray 09-27-2013 02:23 AM

Before I'd get the Jag, I'd hold on to my 97 Mercury Mountaineer AWD. It's not pretty, in fact it's quite ambiguous. It's just another white box that draws no attention...of cops.
In the real world, it'll get me from point A to point B much quicker than a sports car. I don't need to slow down for speed bumps, It's easy to go over a curb if the dive-thu is slow, not worried parking next to a wreck, makes the tightest U turns, not afraid of catching air (the suspension is not stock, ala rollover Explorer) Handles with the best SUV's. No fear of mud & snow or overflowing creek. 170k hard miles and it never let me down. Yet for some reason I lust for the Stingray, go figure.

OH THREE Z 09-27-2013 02:35 AM

Why would your dealer not offer your spot to the number 2 guy on the list (assuming he does not want CF or Z51) and you take his spot. I realize it sucks to give up a car that will soon be built but this might be a compromise.

Btw I know where a nicely equipped (blk/kali 3Lt Z51 auto nav chrome)is unspoken for and at msrp

Desmtg 09-27-2013 07:27 AM

If that dealership is going to order a non z51 for stock with your allocation that is wrong!
I would go talk the the general manager and tell them that is your allocation and they should keep it for you and order your car the way you want it when the constraints are lifted.

dvdhotboy 09-27-2013 07:43 AM

Very disappointed.

In my opinion there is a break down in communication here. I don't think that the dealer was saying that he was giving your allocation away, I think he was just saying that your order can't be picked up this consensus with the constraints therefore another dealer will get your spot until constraints are lifted. Give him a call and make sure you will still have your spot.

pittperson 09-27-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Desmtg (Post 1585023209)
If that dealership is going to order a non z51 for stock with your allocation that is wrong!
I would go talk the the general manager and tell them that is your allocation and they should keep it for you and order your car the way you want it when the constraints are lifted.

I agree. I'd raise hell with the manager. If they still refuse to let you order what you want and, for all intents and purposes, steal your allocation back head for their Twitter and/or Facebook page and let the world know.

EDIT: I take this back, corrected by Rick (see below). I did not know you needed to submit an actual buildable order.

RickConti@Coughlin 09-27-2013 08:00 AM

I know how frustrated he is......we as a delaer body HAVE ZERO control over this stuff...

I think I remember in the early stages of the GM promotions, they said there would be no constraints, they had their suppliers in check....:crazy:

and he is correct, as a smaller dealer, you have to provide a buildable order or loose the allocation...I too a victim of this...had 10 orders this week...all Z51, only 1 got it....at least down the road I know we will have more opportunities because of our volume - thank goodness,

so to the guy that has waited since January, if you want to talk, let me know..help any way I can sir....

Don't let this ruin your passion for the car

jb_va2001 09-27-2013 08:06 AM

I feel your pain. But at the risk of sounding uncaring, first year buyers will experience more than the usual number of frustrating shortages and delays. Let's just think of it as part of the first year fun. :D

If an option is in short supply, GM will keep building Corvettes without that option to keep the production line moving. Your dealer is an independent business who sells GM products, they are not GM. You had an agreement with the dealer, you didn't have an agreement with GM.

Guys who really want the very 1st C7 in town will need to be flexible. And often have extra $$$ to spare.

Cheers, :cheers:
JB