CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Who's keeping their C6? -- Who's not? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3339933-whos-keeping-their-c6-whos-not.html)

Corvettinator 11-12-2013 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by csf (Post 1585389901)
Money aside, I am still having trouble warming up to the look of the C7. Honestly, I am trying . . . I am looking at photos all the time on the C7 forum. I have seen some color combinations that I think look ok but some I think look just horrible.

Today I saw some photos with stripes . . . they look much better. I'm gonna keep an eye on those.

I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I realize thousands of people think the C7 looks incredible, I know its a great Corvette, I am not trying to offend any C7 owners, and I admit this is my opinion only . . . but I can't even find a C7 I would like to own yet, so I'll be keeping the C6 for a while.

While I agree with a lot of the above, this is why I want to avoid these threads. Why offend the C7 owners that will keep the Corvette line alive? Hopefully, the widebody will come out in a year or two with 700+ HP and a 6-minute ring, and stomp any production car under $1M, and hopefully every C6 owner will be proud of that. :cheers:

The worst part is I think we all wanted the C7 to be awesome. Those of us who have reservations are now perceived as jealous haters, sad that our C6's are obsolete, when the truth is the opposite; we are disappointed that the C7 isn't awesomer (I know that isn't a word, but by the illiterate standards on CF, that was a Shakespearean sonnet. :lol:) I was really excited about the big reveal.

If only the GM PTB's had thought "Ferrari" instead of "Hyundai" on the taillights. :leaving:

Rebel 1 11-12-2013 03:17 AM

The C7 :ack: does nothing for me.

Chevrolet did an Outstanding job with the 6th generation, the BEST EVER.

I really enjoy my Coupe, gives me Everything i want.:flag:

VCUFAN 11-12-2013 07:18 AM

Keep

IrishSpuds 11-12-2013 10:15 AM

Just saw one at the test track ride in Disney. No C7 in my future.

Tour18 11-12-2013 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Corvettinator (Post 1585408250)
While I agree with a lot of the above, this is why I want to avoid these threads. Why offend the C7 owners that will keep the Corvette line alive? Hopefully, the widebody will come out in a year or two with 700+ HP and a 6-minute ring, and stomp any production car under $1M, and hopefully every C6 owner will be proud of that. :cheers:

The worst part is I think we all wanted the C7 to be awesome. Those of us who have reservations are now perceived as jealous haters, sad that our C6's are obsolete, when the truth is the opposite; we are disappointed that the C7 isn't awesomer (I know that isn't a word, but by the illiterate standards on CF, that was a Shakespearean sonnet. :lol:) I was really excited about the big reveal.

If only the GM PTB's had thought "Ferrari" instead of "Hyundai" on the taillights. :leaving:

Spot on observations! What more could I possibly add?? :iagree:

csf 11-12-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Corvettinator (Post 1585408250)

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote in response to my post. And I also do want to like the C7 . . . especially as I think the way things are going, by the time the C8 comes out the Corvette may be a twin turbo V6 or even a hybrid.

But as this point I am still beyond happy I got one of the last C6 GS's

Wallacefl 11-12-2013 01:05 PM

looked at a new C7 today at the dealer...I am keeping the C6...just cannot get over the rear end:ack:

TKOGTO 11-12-2013 03:59 PM

The look has grown on me since the shock of the rear end upon release.

Without exception, every review I have read talks about how much better the car drives and handles. I love my GS but they are plenty of areas that needed to be improved and GM seems to have addressed every one I can think of.

In 2 years or so when the kinks have been worked out, I'm for a C7.

dvilin 11-12-2013 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=TKOGTO;1585412653]The look has grown on me since the shock of the rear end upon release.

Without exception, every review I have read talks about how much better the car drives and handles. I love my GS but they are plenty of areas that needed to be improved and GM seems to have addressed every one I can think of.

In 2 years or so when the kinks have been worked out, I'm for a C7.[/QUOTE]

There is a new set of so called kinks every year. So in 2 years you will have the latest set of kinks.

cmonkey713 11-12-2013 04:33 PM

No C-7 for me at least for the next two years because of the impending Z-06 and first year bugs. I may keep the C-6 and pick up a C-2 big block convertible instead of the C-7.:toetap:

BigJoe 11-12-2013 04:48 PM

I'll keep my '12 GS until people stop complimenting me on how good it looks. And for a practical reason, at 6' 4" I don't fit in a C7...:crazy:

User 020415 11-12-2013 05:26 PM

I just upgrade from C5 to C6 couple of weeks ago, C7 is down the road when I can afford it! :)

Red Lightening 11-12-2013 06:12 PM

I was going to get a 2015 vert next summer now I'm on the fence. Seems to be a lot of issues and defects going on in the C7 section that has me somewhat scared off now. I will see what kind of deal I can muster up in 2015 if it's not great I will keep the 2013 a few more years. I don't want to get stuck with a lemon and won't pay MSRP for the privilege.

Sabre34 11-12-2013 06:16 PM

I a keeping my C6 for a couple of more years. Then I will transition to a C7.