CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Corvette - Yes, it Really is That Good (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3334831-c7-corvette-yes-it-really-is-that-good.html)

VRYALT3R3D 09-04-2013 05:36 PM

C7 Corvette - Yes, it Really is That Good

autoxnut 09-04-2013 05:57 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. His would carry more weight with me if he hadn't skipped the C6 generation - claims the last all new Corvette was in 1997.

Vette Lag 09-04-2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D (Post 1584842107)

I think I might be starting to like this car. I do agree, 7 speed in practice too much. Looks very cool driving down the road from the front, very mean.

rcallen484 09-04-2013 05:59 PM

Thanks. The reviewer just COULD NOT keep the grin off his face. He GETS IT :rock: :rock: :rock:

Vette Lag 09-04-2013 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by autoxnut (Post 1584842262)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. His would carry more weight with me if he hadn't skipped the C6 generation - claims the last all new Corvette was in 1997.

He was right, the C6 was an evolution of the C5. The C5 was the first all new Corvette since the 1953 model.

rcallen484 09-04-2013 06:01 PM

Many see the C6 as a closely related evolution of the C5.

ByByBMW 09-04-2013 06:04 PM

Thanks, great review.

Rapid Fred 09-04-2013 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vette Lag (Post 1584842287)
He was right, the C6 was an evolution of the C5. The C5 was the first all new Corvette since the 1953 model.

How "new" the C6 was vs. the C5 is debatable.

But, what is your definition of "all new" that would keep the C4 vs. C3, and C2 vs. C1, from not being described as all new? They were seen as dramatically different upgrades when they came out, and are still radically different from their predecessors in feel and looks even from today's perspective...

rcallen484 09-04-2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Z (Post 1584842333)
How "new" the C6 was vs. the C5 is debatable.

Agreed :rock: :cheers:

CitznFish 09-04-2013 06:14 PM

Never trust a man with a Pearl Jam tattoo...

OnPoint 09-04-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by CitznFish (Post 1584842405)
Never trust a man with a Pearl Jam tattoo...

:lol:

rcallen484 09-04-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by CitznFish (Post 1584842405)
Always trust a man with a Pearl Jam tattoo...

^ fixed it for ya :thumbs:

VETJAZZ 09-04-2013 06:26 PM

:thumbs: Great video!

z edge 09-04-2013 07:26 PM

One of the better actual driving reviews ive seen of the C7. They guy seems like a "real" down to earth guy. Love that he actually drove the car, did several awesome burnouts, etc. Good to hear this from someone who actually owns another generation vette!

Snorman 09-04-2013 07:26 PM

lol @ 12:17

rcallen484 09-04-2013 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1584842889)
lol @ 12:17

From that point to the very end, during which he compares the C7 to his BEAUTIFUL Red C5 is very telling. Drops an "F bomb" and all. If he was not sincere he certainly deserves an academy award nomination :rock:

themonk 09-04-2013 07:54 PM

this car is definitely growing on me, I'm glad mine is in the works all I have to do is find some winter rims and tires because there's no way I can let it sit in my driveway for 5 bloody months.

talon90 09-04-2013 08:06 PM

Yes. It really is that good. :smash:

Snorman 09-04-2013 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1584842960)
From that point to the very end, during which he compares the C7 to his BEAUTIFUL Red C5 is very telling. Drops an "F bomb" and all. If he was not sincere he certainly deserves an academy award nomination :rock:

Exactly.
I also like his comment that the C7 is "finally a Corvette without excuses". This, IMO, is why the car is attracting lots of attention from people who would otherwise be driving a different brand of car.
S.

gthal 09-04-2013 10:00 PM

"This car is so amazing, I can hardly believe it" :thumbs:

BMadden 09-04-2013 10:16 PM

Cool review. He was on that short lived car show with Adam Carolla and always thought he gave honest reviews.

scottcharles 09-04-2013 10:36 PM

Nice! Thanks for posting. Seems like he liked it...:D

User 2623 09-04-2013 10:56 PM

Exactly what does he say at 11:41 - 11:51 in the video.
The car is extremely _______ ?

jamesw95 09-04-2013 11:00 PM

I would not mind a review without the "mandatory burnout", we are adults here, who needs to see that waste of expensive rubber. Thank you I'm out!

VETTE-NV 09-04-2013 11:08 PM

I like that guy....he's real.

BlueOx 09-04-2013 11:16 PM

Ha...gotta love the last part where he says his C5 is obsolete. He is being very honest and clear about it.

themonk 09-04-2013 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584844617)
Ha...gotta love the last part where he says his C5 is obsolete. He is being very honest and clear about it.

it's also a 15 year old car, there is not one car that is 15 years old that isn't obsolete, in fact I would say that his car is the least obsolete of ANY 15 year old car.

Here's a guy that tests cars for a living, he can have (within reason) almost any Corvette he wants and he still chooses to drive a C5, hmmmmmmm, says a lot right there.

Blancpain 09-04-2013 11:42 PM

Love him or hate him... he has a sizeable following...from his TV shows to his podcasts.. and he is a managing partner of Gotham Dream cars of New York/LA. People take his opinions seriously as he is honest and sincere and a real car guy. As for him skipping the C6, I agreed with him... my modified C5 is pretty comparable to his.

BMadden 09-04-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jamesw95 (Post 1584844511)
I would not mind a review without the "mandatory burnout", we are adults here, who needs to see that waste of expensive rubber. Thank you I'm out!

Lighten up, Francis. What do you want to see, him parallel parking the damn thing?

Blancpain 09-04-2013 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1584844776)
Lighten up, Francis. What do you want to see, him parallel parking the damn thing?

Yep....if some old fart like Jay Leno does it it's OK....but if a young guy does it it's childish?

Blancpain 09-04-2013 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1584844761)
it's also a 15 year old car, there is not one car that is 15 years old that isn't obsolete, in fact I would say that his car is the least obsolete of ANY 15 year old car.

Here's a guy that tests cars for a living, he can have (within reason) almost any Corvette he wants and he still chooses to drive a C5, hmmmmmmm, says a lot right there.

He has access to McLarens, Ferraris, Porsches, and many other cars as daily drivers...yep..it tells you something that he'd rather have a C5 than a C6. Besides the fact that the C5 is his first car he bought when he turned 18.

themonk 09-04-2013 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by matthewelle (Post 1584844786)
I like my C5 better than my C6.
So there I said it.

I sold my '03 last night (very sad, I owned it for 6 years), I could've bought a C6 but there wasn't enough of a difference in my mind between the two. I'm looking very forward to my C7, that's probably about the only thing that will lessen the sadness. :(

Garret 09-04-2013 11:53 PM

THis cracks me up...guys drives a car for what...a few hours and it's the best thing since sliced bread...come on...this guy gets paid by sponsors...

I love the C7's....but I'm tired of all the reviews these guys put out after a short drive.

WICKEDFRC 09-04-2013 11:54 PM

Integrating cooling ducts on the exterior normally reserved for top tier exotics and race cars.....

That was just stupid. As if GM/Chevrolet/Corvette needed permission to implement that feature?

rcallen484 09-05-2013 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Buhma (Post 1584844765)
Love him or hate him... he has a sizeable following...from his TV shows to his podcasts.. and he is a managing partner of Gotham Dream cars of New York/LA. People take his opinions seriously as he is honest and sincere and a real car guy. As for him skipping the C6, I agreed with him... my modified C5 is pretty comparable to his.

Thanks. Just watched that. Puts into even better perspective his absolutely glowing review of the C7. :woohoo:

LbulletM 09-05-2013 12:05 AM

This guy's a little heftier and loves the seats for those worried about the size of the seats.

WICKEDFRC 09-05-2013 12:08 AM

"Whoa, F-40 (Ha-ha)....Driving around in Monterey is always treat. You see the most wonderful of whips....."

Is this scripted or are there men who really talk like this?

Besides all that, the C7 looks nice. I can only imagine how great the Z06 (or whatever version it is called) will be.

Blancpain 09-05-2013 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1584844893)
"Whoa, F-40 (Ha-ha)....Driving around in Monterey is always treat. You see the most wonderful of whips....."

Is this scripted or are there men who really talk like this?

Besides all that, the C7 looks nice. I can only imagine how great the Z06 (or whatever version it is called) will be.

LOL well then WickedFRC show us how it's done? Go ahead and put up a video review...YouTube is free.

themonk 09-05-2013 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Buhma (Post 1584845026)
LOL well then WickedFRC show us how it's done? Go ahead and put up a video review...YouTube is free.

you wouldn't happen to own a red '97 coupe would you? :skep:

Blancpain 09-05-2013 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1584845096)
you wouldn't happen to own a red '97 coupe would you? :skep:

Nope. Modified 1998 Quicksilver Z51

WICKEDFRC 09-05-2013 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Buhma (Post 1584845026)

Even if I could, I can assure you I wouldn't use any words such as "whips" to describe an automobile. :thumbs:

rcallen484 09-05-2013 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1584845279)
Even if I could, I can assure you I wouldn't use any words such as "whips" to describe an automobile. :thumbs:

So Cal slang?

RichieRich 09-05-2013 01:58 AM

This review is classic. Matt Farah also does The Smoking Tire podcast which is a bunch of completely immature and foul mouthed car nuts batering for an hour or so at a time about all things cars. He can be a bit too obnoxious at times, but as you can see from the vid, he knows his stuff and can be quite entertaining and insightful.

Sin City 09-05-2013 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1584844817)
THis cracks me up...guys drives a car for what...a few hours and it's the best thing since sliced bread...come on...this guy gets paid by sponsors...

I love the C7's....but I'm tired of all the reviews these guys put out after a short drive.

While I don't disagree... I also think what he's saying about the C7 is pretty genuine.

Jeremy Clarkson "reviews" are much more made up hogwash. He'll try to make a negative or positive spin and then completely disprove it with the opposite. He'll say a Ferrari is great and then complain that a special color thread costs $400 -- stuff like that.

This review just really seems to get the meat of the matter -- why buy one instead of a C6 that's maybe 20 grand less.

Blancpain 09-05-2013 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1584845279)

That's cool...but you still use "wicked" LOL

I'm just saying....everyone uses different slang.

Besides...this review is coming from a Corvette guy...not your typical auto rag writer or presenter who doesn't even care about Vettes In general.

JustinStrife 09-05-2013 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1584844817)

Garret do you not know who this guy is? Have you seen any of his other reviews that he's done? He's driven more sports cars than you probably ever will.

If you're tired of all the reviews, why are you even in this section? :crazy2:

VRYALT3R3D 09-05-2013 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by jamesw95 (Post 1584844511)

This is for anyone who thinks it's a bad idea to do lots of burnouts on a press launch. It's just a reply to a Jalop commenter, but I felt worth re-posting because there seem to be a lot of people who think you shouldn't abuse a press car. From Jalop:

holy **** you ****ing whiner. You act like a pre-production C7 Vette is something special; something worth saving, like a Bugatti Atlantic or a McLaren F1. No matter what I do to this car in this video, whether I launch it, drift it, run it to its top speed, do reverse J-turns, or straight up take a **** on the dashboard, the outcome will be the same: the car will die at the hands of the crusher in the next six months. The Clutch isn't worth saving. The transmission isn't worth saving. The engine, the rear differential, the brakes, the axles, the body panels, and last but not least, the tires, are not worth saving. These are pre-production cars. They have no VIN number and cannot be sold or registered for street use. Manufacturers won't even sell them to people like me for project cars or track duty. They are crusher food; marketing budget write-offs for which this stupid three-minute video will bring WAY more than the value of an un-sellable Corvette to GM.

You need to understand something, sir, loud and clear. If you were to hand me the keys to your personal vehicle, be it a pickup truck, a rolls royce, or a ****ing beater corolla, I would treat that vehicle better than if it were my own. I have the utmost resect for cars and the people who choose to lend them to me. Those people, and indeed yourself, probably care very much about their cars. GM does not care about these Corvettes, and especially not these clutches and tires. These cars, all 20+ of them at the launch, are a marketing write off.

The best thing I could do for GM, the people whose hard earned dollars and hours went into this car, is to roast the **** out of these tires at every opportunity; to beat the **** out of it, and show what it can do and how it can make people smile. The C7 Corvette is amazing, and I owe it to those people to ****ing romp on it on the press launch, get it on video and share it with you.

And if you feel sympathy for the car, I understand why, but don't waste your time, because it's got less than six months to live anyway. Better I smoke the **** out of those tires than someone from the "wheels" section of your local shitrag crawls around Pebble Beach for an hour before complaining that it doesn't come with a dual-clutch.

C7Joy 09-05-2013 07:08 AM

:smiliedrool:

BlueOx 09-05-2013 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D (Post 1584845517)
This is for anyone who thinks it's a bad idea to do lots of burnouts on a press launch. It's just a reply to a Jalop commenter, but I felt worth re-posting because there seem to be a lot of people who think you shouldn't abuse a press car. From Jalop:

holy **** you ****ing whiner. You act like a pre-production C7 Vette is something special; something worth saving, like a Bugatti Atlantic or a McLaren F1. No matter what I do to this car in this video, whether I launch it, drift it, run it to its top speed, do reverse J-turns, or straight up take a **** on the dashboard, the outcome will be the same: the car will die at the hands of the crusher in the next six months. The Clutch isn't worth saving. The transmission isn't worth saving. The engine, the rear differential, the brakes, the axles, the body panels, and last but not least, the tires, are not worth saving. These are pre-production cars. They have no VIN number and cannot be sold or registered for street use. Manufacturers won't even sell them to people like me for project cars or track duty. They are crusher food; marketing budget write-offs for which this stupid three-minute video will bring WAY more than the value of an un-sellable Corvette to GM.

You need to understand something, sir, loud and clear. If you were to hand me the keys to your personal vehicle, be it a pickup truck, a rolls royce, or a ****ing beater corolla, I would treat that vehicle better than if it were my own. I have the utmost resect for cars and the people who choose to lend them to me. Those people, and indeed yourself, probably care very much about their cars. GM does not care about these Corvettes, and especially not these clutches and tires. These cars, all 20+ of them at the launch, are a marketing write off.

The best thing I could do for GM, the people whose hard earned dollars and hours went into this car, is to roast the **** out of these tires at every opportunity; to beat the **** out of it, and show what it can do and how it can make people smile. The C7 Corvette is amazing, and I owe it to those people to ****ing romp on it on the press launch, get it on video and share it with you.

And if you feel sympathy for the car, I understand why, but don't waste your time, because it's got less than six months to live anyway. Better I smoke the **** out of those tires than someone from the "wheels" section of your local shitrag crawls around Pebble Beach for an hour before complaining that it doesn't come with a dual-clutch.

:rock: I totally agree. If any car should be beat to death, it is the press review car. It will be rebuilt/repaired/reconfigured as a future mule/yada, yada, so who cares?.:thumbs:

Garret 09-05-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1584845368)
Garret do you not know who this guy is? Have you seen any of his other reviews that he's done? He's driven more sports cars than you probably ever will.

If you're tired of all the reviews, why are you even in this section? :crazy2:

I have seen his reviews and who gives a crap how many cars he drives...I know he drives everything...that still does not mean he is not FOS. This guy has a job like everyone else...he gets paid....and I can tell you...even if he does not like it...money can make him say he does.

I'm here for REAL information...not these lame a$$ review videos everyone keeps posting...that is why I comment on this crap... If you don't like it...well tough...I'm here to stay.. :)

BlueOx 09-05-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1584846455)
I have seen his reviews and who gives a crap how many cars he drives...I know he drives everything...that still does not mean he is not FOS. This guy has a job like everyone else...he gets paid....and I can tell you...even if he does not like it...money can make him say he does.

I'm here for REAL information...not these lame a$$ review videos everyone keeps posting...that is why I comment on this crap... If you don't like it...well tough...I'm here to stay.. :)

Which reviewers DON'T get paid...like everyone else? Which is your favorite review so far from someone who receives no money that could influence them?

AVETTE 09-05-2013 09:42 AM

Real info?

enjoy your C6 :rofl: You are a :troll and a :cry baby, yes, ALL the mag reviews, car and driver, road and track, motor trend, auto week, they are all paid off and wrong :rofl: enjoy your C6

Snorman 09-05-2013 09:42 AM

You're right, third party reviewers' opinions don't mean anything.
:lolg:
S.

Garret 09-05-2013 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by AVETTE (Post 1584846560)
enjoy your C6 :rofl: You are a :troll and a :cry baby, yes, ALL the mag reviews, car and driver, road and track, motor trend, auto week, they are all paid off and wrong :rofl: enjoy your C6

LOL...dude...grow up... you are just the opposite of the c6 trolls...you think because you are "getting" a C7 you are better than others and I'm a troll because I made a statement about videos...

Blancpain 09-05-2013 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1584846591)
LOL...dude...grow up... you are just the opposite of the c6 trolls...you think because you are "getting" a C7 you are better than others and I'm a troll because I made a statement about videos...

You missed the part about being a crybaby...... :hide:

I kid.... I kid....

C7 101 car 09-05-2013 10:14 AM

:iagree:

:chevy

fredl11 09-05-2013 10:19 AM

Nice Vid

I've had a C4.C5 and C6 and ENJOY/ENJOYED them all. C7 is next :)

wishihad1-2 09-05-2013 10:20 AM

I guess it depends on the definitions of all new. If we demand a new transmission and engine then yeah I guess the '97 car was all new and the C1 as well. However, I would think more along the lines of was the chassis new or dirvative. The C2 chassis was certainly all new even if they probably carried over an engine and/or trasmissions (I don't know all the different engines of that time).

The C3 was a derivative of the C2 chassis in perhaps the same was the C6 was a derivative of the C5. The C4 was certainly not a derivative chassis of any other generation. I would argue it was a bigger change from the C3 to the C4 than the C6 to C7 when we look at the chassis design. But for the first year the (or was it the first two) the C4 used a C3 motor and well all the Gen 2 motors could be considered 'not all new'.

LesNessman 09-05-2013 10:22 AM

Having driven one......

I find it difficult to even imagine that anyone will be disappointed with this car. I have been finding it difficult, not being a very good speaker or writer, to know where to begin when describing the car. It is that good. IMHO

I have also driven ZR1, 2013 427, Callaway 2013 427, GS, Z06, Boxster, 911.........

2014 Sting Ray is a phenomenon!

b4i4getit 09-05-2013 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1584843073)
this car is definitely growing on me, I'm glad mine is in the works all I have to do is find some winter rims and tires because there's no way I can let it sit in my driveway for 5 bloody months.

You can always move. :D

VRYALT3R3D 09-05-2013 10:37 AM

:rofl: @thinking GM pays him.

You are in denial.

zland 09-05-2013 10:55 AM

The C5 was awesome when introduced, same for the C6 & certainly will be for the C7. It is all good. I don't think there has ever been a generation of Corvette that was not better than the one that preceded it as far as performance goes. Looks, that is always going to be subjective. At some point it is like arguing over blond vs brunette vs red heads.

JustinStrife 09-05-2013 12:47 PM

I get it. You're upset that your C6 is no longer what everyone wants(not that everyone wanted a C6 in the first place). But your posts are laughable buddy. This guy is a corvette owner, and a corvette enthusiast, and he got some real miles in that new C7. More so than the majority of the other reviews.

And anyone with a brain would give a crap how many cars he's driven, because his opinion carries more weight due to that experience than yours ever will. If you choose not to believe anything he says, fine, but you are short-changing yourself.

gthal 09-05-2013 12:54 PM

It's funny how we are now debating whether the reviews are real because they are positive. If he said it sucked and a 911 was way better, people would claim Porsche paid him off :D

This is the only forum I have seen where someone puts up a glowing review of the car the forum is dedicated to and some members claim pay off, fake, etc. :lol: I would think I was readin a thread about the C7 on a Mustang or Viper forum not the C7 forum.

There was no pay off. Yes he gets paid but he reviews all cars so I'm sure there is equal bribing going on across all manufacturers :rofl:

Sin City 09-05-2013 01:26 PM

I'm trying to figure out why people think this guy isn't credible.

Does it do massive burn outs? Yes
Were the stats he gave of the engine power correct? Yes.
Does the car do burn outs? Yes, again!
Did he say 7 speeds are one too many? Yes.
Did he describe the reasons to use auto rev match correctly? Yes.
Is the Z51 package the best deal in auto performance today? Yes.
Is the car fast? Yes.
Is the car the best bang for the buck? Yes.
Is the C7 efficient aerodynamically and did he describe it correctly? Yes
Is the interior much better than previous cars? Yes.
Are the seats much better? Yes.
Does C7 have technology that other sports cars don't? Yes.
Does a C7 have to be a sports car, track car, grand tourer, and luxury car? Yes.
Does the C7 have any excuses because of it's price? No.
Does the C7 feel like it was designed from someone who cares? Yes.
Did they build a world class car? Yes.
Does 15 years go a long way in improving auto design, technology, and performance? Yes

So, where's the beef?

Blancpain 09-05-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1584848145)

Does the car do burn outs? Yes.
Is the car fast? Yes.
Does a C7 have to be a sports car, track car, grand tourer, and luxury car? Yes.
Does 15 years go a long way in improving auto design, technology, and performance? Yes

So, where's the beef?

He's not over 60 years old and didn't want a C6 Grand Sport
:hide:

Snorman 09-05-2013 01:36 PM

I think the point is that lots of Corvette owners seem awfully butthurt about the glowing reviews of the C7. :yesnod:
S.

rcallen484 09-05-2013 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1584848145)

Does the car do burn outs? Yes.
Is the car fast? Yes.

So, where's the beef?

Absolutely nailed it right there ^^^^^ :cheers:

http://www.hipgent.com/wp-content/up...dge-Hammer.jpg

talon90 09-05-2013 01:50 PM

This thread is spiraling rapidly downward. Let's stick to the business of watching and commenting on the review. Let's drop the nonsense of name calling and speculating on why any particular member is here in this thread or this section. Keep it on topic. It's been a good thread and a lot of good dialog but that won't keep it from getting locked if the nonsense continues. Consider all of the exchanges to this point a tie and move on. No further rebuttals.

Blancpain 09-05-2013 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1584848228)
I think the point is that lots of Corvette owners seem awfully butthurt about the glowing reviews of the C7. :yesnod:
S.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/46...68b1e30a1d.jpg

jbondfl 09-05-2013 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1584844776)

Originally Posted by Buhma (Post 1584844790)
Yep....if some old fart like Jay Leno does it it's OK....but if a young guy does it it's childish?

I don't mind him lighting up the tires but gee wiz, the second time he does it there is a car coming from the other direction and he's on the centerline. What an idiot.

I liked the review. Perhaps I WANTED to like it, perhaps it is genuine. I'll give it this, his review of the C6 versus his own C5 was full of crappy opinion, bad information and apple- oranges comparisons. This really did sound genuine, especially when he trashed his own car at the end.

sam90lx 09-05-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584846538)
Which reviewers DON'T get paid...like everyone else? Which is your favorite review so far from someone who receives no money that could influence them?

GM just paid more than everyone else.:rofl:

My bad Talon90....:hide:

sam90lx 09-05-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1584847857)
I get it. You're upset that the C5 is no longer what everyone wants(not that everyone wanted a C5 in the first place). But your posts are laughable buddy. This guy is a corvette owner, and a corvette enthusiast, and he got some real miles in that new C7. More so than the majority of the other reviews.

And anyone with a brain would give a crap how many cars he's driven, because his opinion carries more weight due to that experience than yours ever will. If you choose not to believe anything he says, fine, but you are short-changing yourself.

talon90 09-05-2013 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584848800)
GM just paid more than everyone else.:rofl:

My bad Talon90....:hide:

:lol: You're fine. That's the problem with putting a comment at the end of the thread. No one ever gets there before they post. :lol:

manic mike 09-05-2013 03:59 PM

I have seen the car and sat in the car and, yes, it is that good!

It is amazing that EVERYONE that I have read or heard who has driven the car has had glowing reviews of it.

So, it just must be that good!

Bring on the Z07! :rofl:

scottcharles 09-05-2013 05:03 PM

Sure sounds like he likes the C7, and he has experience with Corvettes, and seat time in other cars that many here, inlcuding myself, would love to have.

I'm glad he likes the car, and I'm glad that the other reviews out there have been very positive regarding the C7.

Until I get a chance to drive one and see if I personnaly like it, then all the positive reviews are just something that keeps me anxious and encouraged. No need to fight about it.

I'm here to learn about Corvettes and share info. I enjoy what other people's opinions are, even if they are different than mine, there's usually a reason behind that differing opinion. An open mind is always good.

Thank you all who are out there sharing your opinions, experiences, and insight.

The rest, please lighten-up. Is it really worth the anger and frustrtion?