CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Corvette Nation TV Show on Velocity. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3333285-corvette-nation-tv-show-on-velocity.html)

jimmie jam 11-18-2013 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 (Post 1585461899)
I have watched every episode. In my opinion it is a 30 minute commercial for Mid-America Corvette. There is some interesting content but pretty weak for the most part I will continue to watch but have no great expectations of new or interesting information. :toetap:

:iagree: but i stopped watching after the second one......

vertigogo 11-18-2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 (Post 1585461899)
I have watched every episode. In my opinion it is a 30 minute commercial for Mid-America Corvette. There is some interesting content but pretty weak for the most part I will continue to watch but have no great expectations of new or interesting information. :toetap:

I agree. And the production quality seemed quite low to me. Rather amateurish. I think the show could attract a modest following if it focused on people finding and restoring Vettes, tips for owners, sales of interesting or unusual Vettes, and Vette history. There is a lot of material for them to work with, but so far I'm not too impressed, although I admit I've only seen two or three episodes.

MKenM 11-18-2013 08:29 PM

I have Tivo'd each episode to watch at my leisure. The first show essentially a repeat of another show that was on Velocity previously. I agree that it would be more interesting to see what Vertigogo and Jimmie Jam pointed out. Thank goodness for Tivo I can easily skim over the Mid America commercials, They repeat the same one over an over.

I understand that the show would not exist without commercials but the content has to become more interesting to maintain their viewership.

PEETYZ 12-30-2013 09:37 AM

Are these episodes available online? I saw episode 1 and 2 on youtube and a random 5 and 6 on a friends DVR. I was really looking for episide 3 or 4 when they check out the lingenfelter collection as a group of people is visiting. I make an appearance in that one.

MKenM 12-30-2013 01:48 PM

I gave up watching it, just didn't work for me but I think the episode you may be looking for is #9 Lingenfelter Performance unless it was taken at Carlisle in episode 3 or 4 at the Great Hall.

Zoomin 12-30-2013 02:09 PM

It's a heckuva lot better than the Porsche or Viper shows. :thumbs:

PEETYZ 12-30-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by MKenM (Post 1585789898)
I gave up watching it, just didn't work for me but I think the episode you may be looking for is #9 Lingenfelter Performance unless it was taken at Carlisle in episode 3 or 4 at the Great Hall.

Thanks! :thumbs:

B y r o n 12-30-2013 02:36 PM

You might give huluplus a try.

MKenM 12-30-2013 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by B y r o n (Post 1585790281)
You might give huluplus a try.

Sorry Corvette Nation is not on Hulu Plus

Bruiser2012 01-02-2014 08:45 PM

Well I think it is the best corvette show on! :)

I just watched the episode about the museum. I got to go there one day. It looked pretty awesome!

JMO,
-Bob George

Topsarge12R 01-03-2014 09:15 AM

I finally got through all the episodes. Friday evening is a rough night to watch TV, so I relied on DVR. Look, any friggin show with Corvettes in it has my immediate attention! I do get tired of watching the same exact commercial as said above. Hope it comes back!