CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   What are you OCD over? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3330865-what-are-you-ocd-over.html)

Mike Campbell 08-30-2013 03:52 PM

I actually think "ALL OF THE ABOVE!!" :willy: It's an endless battle...:rofl:

AimHigh 08-30-2013 04:40 PM

Im actually the opposite of OCD now, not much fun.
My first three vettes I had I was insane. Water spots, tires, dust, you name it. Wife drove on base one day and came back at lunch with some water spots on the nose,,,,,,almost cost me a marriage. Now I just try to keep the dust down (out here in the countryside thats almost impossible, which is why I bought MS this time)

Orange06 09-01-2013 01:42 AM

I am definitely not OCD about my 08 vert. It is my daily driver and I treat it as such. It is a car. It is lots of fun to drive, but its primary purpose is transportation. I must drive a vehicle to get to work. I drive a Corvette because I can.

ProfessorDeath 09-01-2013 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Orange06 (Post 1584813465)
I am definitely not OCD about my 08 vert. It is my daily driver and I treat it as such. It is a car. It is lots of fun to drive, but its primary purpose is transportation. I must drive a vehicle to get to work. I drive a Corvette because I can.

I fail to see how this contributes anything whatsoever to this particular topic of conversation. If you were close I'd pat you on the head and tell you you're such a good boy. Maybe even give you a treat.

MikeyTX 09-01-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Orange06 (Post 1584813465)

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1584813679)
I fail to see how this contributes anything whatsoever to this particular topic of conversation. If you were close I'd pat you on the head and tell you you're such a good boy. Maybe even give you a treat.

Orange06 contributes quite a bit imho. He simply doesn't stress the small stuff. I'm the same way. I own the car, the car does not own me. It gets washed when it needs it. I live on an all weather gravel road in TX and my driveway is gravel too, all 800 plus feet of it. I haul feed bags in it. Square bales, you name it. I've strapped lumber to the top. Tips have never been polished btw. I could care less. I'd sooner spend time with my grand daughter and better half.
:cheers:

joec 09-01-2013 08:44 AM

my wheel barrels... they HAVE to be clean and have no brake dust.. can't wait top put on my Hawks next week....

/joe

R&L's C6 09-01-2013 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1584814023)
Orange06 contributes quite a bit imho. He simply doesn't stress the small stuff. I'm the same way. I own the car, the car does not own me. It gets washed when it needs it. I live on an all weather gravel road in TX and my driveway is gravel too, all 800 plus feet of it. I haul feed bags in it. Square bales, you name it. I've strapped lumber to the top. Tips have never been polished btw. I could care less. I'd sooner spend time with my grand daughter and better half.

:rofl:

Holy crap Mike, you Have people's heads spinning, especially with the lumber strapped on top .....:lol:

Mrc100 09-01-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by l8-apex (Post 1584784392)
I have a black car. Enough said.

LMAO...me too..:rofl:

MikeyTX 09-01-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584814387)
:rofl:

Holy crap Mike, you Have people's heads spinning, especially with the lumber strapped on top .....:lol:

At least I put the painted top back on for that job. :D Wonder if I should try mattresses next ........ :rofl:

jackhall99 09-01-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1584814023)

Thanks Mike.

ProfessorDeath was sure that in with his post in this thread. :( I guess he missed my earlier post stating about the same thing as Orange06. :yesnod: Otherwise I would have been his target. :lol:

There are many who treat their Corvettes as garage queens, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. However some of us just look as them as what they really are: cars. :thumbs:

I thought Freedom of Speech meant just that! :flag:

Oh, I made the practice run down LSD today. Getting ready for the Steelers game. Oh, I mean Da Bears. :cheers:

PittMD1 09-01-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 1584784490)
Avoiding door dings.

Having a clean car before we take it out. If it is not clean it does not go out on the road. So I get up at 0-dark-30 and clean it while it is still cool enough that I don't get heat stroke in the process.

ProfessorDeath 09-01-2013 04:01 PM

My point is this is a thread about particular issues that get under our skin.

I believe you were looking for the thread titled "Daily drivers who don't really care."

MikeyTX 09-01-2013 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1584817087)
Thanks Mike.

ProfessorDeath was sure that in with his post in this thread. :( I guess he missed my earlier post stating about the same thing as Orange06. :yesnod: Otherwise I would have been his target. :lol:

There are many who treat their Corvettes as garage queens, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. However some of us just look as them as what they really are: cars. :thumbs:

I thought Freedom of Speech meant just that! :flag:

Oh, I made the practice run down LSD today. Getting ready for the Steelers game. Oh, I mean Da Bears. :cheers:

:cool: I have a feeling I may be up that way before years end. Sadly, not a trip I want to make.

TCW 09-01-2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Brockman66 (Post 1584784260)
What are you guys most OCD over when it comes to your Corvettes?

Getting dings in the paint from people opening their door onto my car!

Tom

HOXXOH 09-01-2013 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1584813679)

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1584817255)
My point is this is a thread about particular issues that get under our skin.

I believe you were looking for the thread titled "Daily drivers who don't really care."

So maybe he has an issue with CF people who complain sarcastically that the topic is not being properly followed.

My OCD moments are with the writing, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization that is common here and many other places. I normally attribute that to education, laziness, or fat fingers and don't complain. Some things are best left without comment.

jackhall99 09-01-2013 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1584817283)
:cool: I have a feeling I may be up that way before years end. Sadly, not a trip I want to make.

Oh, so sorry to hear that my friend. :sadangel: Godspeed.

OKJefe 09-01-2013 05:37 PM

Besides religiously avoiding water spots after a good weekly wash, I'd have to say my nemesis is cleaning the windshield. I spend an inordinate amount of time on my windows and despise a bug who attempts to take up residency with their earthly remains.

MikeyTX 09-01-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by OKJefe (Post 1584817920)
Besides religiously avoiding water spots after a good weekly wash, I'd have to say my nemesis is cleaning the windshield. I spend an inordinate amount of time on my windows and despise a bug who attempts to take up residency with their earthly remains.

You do know that the harder you work at keeping the windshield clean, the more bugs will do the kamikaze thing on it ? :willy::rofl:

dvilin 09-01-2013 05:54 PM

Always carry a micro fiber towel and detail spray in the rear storage compartment. Have to check for bugs, etc. on the front end and get rid of them asap.

rcooper 09-01-2013 06:00 PM

Foot scuffs on the door panels. The kids are bad about doing this, but the service techs at my local Chevy dealer service dept. are the worst. Also scrapes on the sills, from the boots of these same service techs. Drives me crazy!

OKJefe 09-01-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1584818018)
You do know that the harder you work at keeping the windshield clean, the more bugs will do the kamikaze thing on it ? :willy::rofl:

Don't I know it. Hence my :crazy2: OCD adventure with my windshield.

:D :cheers:

JJC5 09-01-2013 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by joec (Post 1584814248)
my wheel barrels... they HAVE to be clean and have no brake dust.. can't wait top put on my Hawks next week....

/joe

I did ceramics too but I STILL wiped off the damn wheels after every drive!:willy:

Johnny_B_Good 09-01-2013 09:41 PM

Keeping the wheels clean...........:ack:

Freddy76 09-02-2013 09:00 PM

I know this sounds crazy. I pull the Vette in the garage and I immediately open the hood ,because I want to let the heat escape. Nuts or what? Then my wife asks, is there something wrong with the car ? I answer just letting the heat out. She just rolls eyes and leaves.

village idiot 09-02-2013 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Freddy76 (Post 1584827241)
I know this sounds crazy. I pull the Vette in the garage and I immediately open the hood ,because I want to let the heat escape. Nuts or what? Then my wife asks, is there something wrong with the car ? I answer just letting the heat out. She just rolls eyes and leaves.

Yeah, very silly and completely unnecessary :p

I'm just OCD about my lines at the track :thumbs: Everything else is just details.

OnPoint 09-02-2013 10:26 PM

Don't like door slamming. Whether it's my vehicle or my house.

Oh, and I hate bugs on the front of my car.

LS3 Monster 09-02-2013 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Slammin07 (Post 1584784312)
My girlfriend put her feet on my dash one day while cruising down the 101. She had slipped her flip flops off, but she almost got dumped.

omg dude im surprised you are not in prison right now. Feet on dash is suicide and I tell that to all the young ladies.

kyle. 09-03-2013 02:54 AM

My girlfriend put her feet on my dash one day while cruising down the 101. She had slipped her flip flops off, but she almost got dumped.

my ex gf did that in my hummer, when we stopped i got out and right as she got out i went over and wiped down the dash with a cloth i keep in the car, she saw me do it and i guess got the hint lol

kotik 09-05-2013 06:24 AM

Get a GF with pretty feet, and you won't have that problem :D

or just make sure she washes the feet :rock: :hide:

kotik 09-05-2013 06:38 AM

so after not washing the car in few week (i put about 2k miles), I got tired of the bug build up front. Went to a car wash, but i think it had these plastic brushes and not much soap, so i don't think that's good.... didn't wash well, so i took it through it a second time.
I don't like when people eat in my car, especially junk food, cause then it's all over the seats, and french fries get under the seats and i can't get them out. After french fries they also leave prints all over...

well, really, i don't think anyone would believe any of that... i don't have any ocd's, i treat it like a normal car, with care. I don't let people eat in it, and i really pick where i wash it.

rstrait 09-05-2013 07:21 AM

Keeping my windshield and wheels clean. For me just the fact that I keep the car pretty clean all the time is unusual. I'll just say I'm a bit disorganized, my wife would probably use a different term.

Scuba Ghost 09-05-2013 09:04 AM

Pretty much agree with almost everything said so far.............Damn we are a crazy bunch.:thumbs:

myfunz 09-05-2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by BWF07 (Post 1584784508)
That would be one, but what I have always thought to myself when a pass a car and the passenger has their feet up on the dash, is what would happen if they were all of a sudden in an accident at that dash air bag deployed?

Their feet would be well protected.:rofl:

C6ROLLER 09-05-2013 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by kotik (Post 1584845594)
Get a GF with pretty feet, and you won't have that problem :D

or just make sure she washes the feet :rock: :hide:

:iagree: however toe rings and ankle bracelets can only go so far, if your gf has fugly feet id make her put them under the floor mats....:D

iw172 09-05-2013 10:42 AM

gotta say wheel barrels too, don't like brake dust either...

leo lossett 09-05-2013 12:02 PM

Drives me nuts when someone pushes the door open with their feet as they exit. It's so easy just open door all the way swing your legs around and put your feet on the ground and get out of my car.

JohnsC5 09-05-2013 03:49 PM

Windows, my problem is windows.

There, I said it! :willy:

harmonyp 01-25-2014 12:02 PM

I was never OCD about a vehicle until the vette. We used to let our horses run loose on our acreage, and I had horse teeth marks across the top of my 2000 Acura TL from year one of owning it. Couldn't have cared less.

OMG - now with the vette. I see myself in almost every post - from needing crystal clear windows, and fiddling with the manual ensuring it's in neutral at lights, to fingerprints on paint, cup holder closed without a cup, dog hair, water spots, gas tank less than 1/2 full (which needs to be filled every other day), and the list goes on.

OCD? Whose OCD?!

tealex 01-25-2014 02:32 PM

All of the above !!!! Plus more !!!!

Granitehead53 01-25-2014 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by LSD 2005 (Post 1584785341)
:iagree:

I'm guilty of wiping my Nav Screen, Air Conditioner screen, buttons, dash; the interior of my Vette often. One day, the Wife and I was driving home in the Vette when I decided to whip out my trusty microfiber towel and wipe my Nav screen, etc. I was just about done when to my surprise, Wifey took the opportunity to smear my screen with her fingers and smiled :D at me!! I was :eek: but remained :cool: and laughed :lol: it off. She's the only one that can get away with such a stunt.

Other OCD issues:
- Leaning on my Corvette
- Slamming my door
- Fingerprints
- Sloppy service technicians
- Where I park my Corvette
- Dirty floor mats; I clean them after every trip.
- Good wipe down, detail between and after every drive
- Clean exhaust tips
- I remove the each wheel and wash & wax :thumbs:

:iagree: especially the door slamming

VET4LES 01-25-2014 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by BWF07 (Post 1584784508)
That would be one, but what I have always thought to myself when a pass a car and the passenger has their feet up on the dash, is what would happen if they were all of a sudden in an accident at that dash air bag deployed?

No problem if your check air bag light is on which is a common problem with the C6. :ack:

florida john 01-25-2014 06:49 PM

Most of my Corvette OCD items have been mentioned.

I have a black coupe, so the fingerprint thing is big for me, but my wife insists in grabbing the top when exiting the car leaving big ole prints there every time. I try to be the one putting things into the hatch area because she just can't break the habit of dragging bags or packages across the paint into the hatch area. My dear departed mother did the same thing with her cars by setting things on top of the car while she unlocked and opened doors, then dragging the bags across the painted roof leaving scratches on scratches over time.

I hate to see my chrome wheels dirty, and often wash them off several times during a rainy week. Rejex has been a big help in keeping them clean and easy to clean. Not as OCD about the exhaust tips.

I hate it when people lean on my cars, but it happens. Neighbor's cat loves to jump up on the front and leave dirty, sandy little paw prints up to the roof where she roosts. He has a Vette and has her bed on top of his car, so the cat thinks this is normal. I tend to not leave my cars outside or with open garage door because of this.

I don't really consider these things excessive, but I don't jump on someone's case when it happens either.

CorvetteSparky 01-27-2014 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by brooklync5 (Post 1584784623)
I don't like having my cup holder open when nothing is inside it.

:iagree:

This one for sure as well as clean windows. I hate seeing streaks or finger prints. It goes for the mirrors too.

Mr.Nubain 01-28-2014 01:08 AM

Finger prints anywhere on my paint.

corvette-kyle 01-28-2014 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Freddy76 (Post 1584827241)

Wait I thought I was the only one...

jimb100 01-28-2014 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1584785659)
She should have dumped you! :D

I'm not OCD over anything with mine. It is a car, driven almost every day including during the winter months. It is washed and waxed frequently and is well maintained, but many models have been photographed in it and on it. My only rule there is no 'hard' or 'sharp' items on clothing or body.

Don't get me wrong, I take care of my car. At 7 years in service and 46,000 miles, it looks as good today as when new.

Enjoy your cars! :cheers:

My car looks great. But its because my dogs like to sit around the front yard for a few minutes in the afternoon and I get the mail and pick a part of the car to hit with the spray detailer while I'm killing time.

If the car made me OCD crazy I wouldn't own it. Too much stress.

Buckeye Lightning 01-28-2014 05:24 AM

I don't know why but I hate it when I see people in a vert with top down and windows up it drives me crazy. when the top is down the windows go with it.

BLEKVET 01-28-2014 08:49 AM

If it leaves the garage, it gets washed. Period. No minimum mileage. It rolled, so it's dirty. :willy:

Tribe 01-28-2014 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Brockman66;1584784260]What are you guys most OCD over when it comes to your Corvettes? :ack:

I'd have to say my biggest pet peeve is dirty exhaust tips so I am constantly polishing and wiping down my tips. Either that or finger prints... My wife almost stabbed me one night when I instinctively swatted her hand when she leaned on the rear quarter panel.

After she is washed the water that rolls out of the side mirrors and doors when closed... No matter how much drying always some there!

tmccowan 01-28-2014 12:37 PM

I definitely hate finger prints and I'm sure I'll be exhibiting some new habits after reading this thread :willy:

harmonyp 01-30-2014 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tribe
My wife almost stabbed me one night when I instinctively swatted her hand when she leaned on the rear quarter panel.

Need to learn some tact! A nice sweet pat on the butt would have reprimanded and flirted at the same time, making happy wife who got the point!

John Harry 01-30-2014 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Lightning (Post 1586030756)
I don't know why but I hate it when I see people in a vert with top down and windows up it drives me crazy. when the top is down the windows go with it.

Don't know that I'm OCD about it, but yeah - this looks kind of dorky. I've done it once or twice when the wife complained of freezing (don't know what the problem was, it was at least 45°!), but hoped nobody recognized me.

Cyber Grey 01-30-2014 12:33 PM

Yes slamming doors and flinging doors open. !!!!!

Freak3150 01-31-2014 10:03 PM

I absolutely cannot have the volume for the radio on an odd number unless it is a multiple of 5.

owc6 01-31-2014 10:41 PM

I have to have the radar detector exactly in the middle, not canted even a degree side to side, exactly 1" above the dash, parallel with the road (not the dash) with the cord to the right of the radio. Drives me nuts when mrowc6 just slaps it up there. :ack: pointing to the side or falling off the suction cups, or halfway up the window. :willy:

lisa

Jimbo 89 01-31-2014 10:43 PM

parking and bugs on the nose :lurk:

AR8007 02-01-2014 01:34 AM

i hate Bird poop!! they are great bombers and they get triple bonus points for clean Vettes!!!!!!

carsangelop 02-01-2014 07:26 AM

After I get gas I click the gas cap exactly 6 times

speedraider 02-01-2014 10:29 AM

finger prints on the glass, brake dust on black wheels, bugs on front end

speedraider 02-01-2014 10:35 AM

oh yeah, kids near my car

jimmie jam 02-01-2014 11:00 AM

Pouring water on a clean car. If it is only dusty (it's never been in weather in 7 years) "washing" it is something that I will not do. Two bucket wipe down method. My car has only been "washed" 4 times since January 2007. Yep, pouring water on a dusty car.:toetap:

BROCKYJACK 02-01-2014 12:07 PM

And I thought I had problems...LOL. Now I see so many more things to be OCD about...damn!!!!

rbell 02-01-2014 02:43 PM

Have OCD so bad, it should be CDO !

elizavette 02-01-2014 02:51 PM

this pisses me off I hate it when people put their disgusting feet on any dash! when I wash my car, wax and detail it takes forever and I hate when people try and rush me because they don't understand perfection :D

Chevy-SS 02-01-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zoomin (Post 1584784490)
Avoiding door dings.

:iagree: Absolutely! I betcha this is the real #1 issue that we ALL are OCD about! :D

Roddy1 02-01-2014 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by l8-apex (Post 1584784392)
I have a black car. Enough said.

What he said.

1rusty1 02-01-2014 11:21 PM

After reading this thread. I just diagnosed myself.:crazy:

KayJay 02-01-2014 11:55 PM

I have to check the cold tire pressures and make sure they're at 30 PSI before I leave the driveway, then check the pressures via the DIC every half hour or so.