CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   2LT vs 3LT (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3329289-2lt-vs-3lt.html)

WKMCD 03-20-2014 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by themonk (Post 1586449286)
What would you rather have a 2LT w/ Z51 or a 3LT w/o Z51 for a few hundred more?

I went with a different choice...3LT Z51 and Mag Ride. :D

Smirky Maximus 03-21-2014 05:24 PM

Can someone post some pics of the competition seats ?

CRABBYJ 03-21-2014 06:14 PM

GT Left, Competition Right

http://leftlanepr.files.wordpress.co...7-58-54-pm.jpg

http://boisechevy.com/wp-content/upl...ay-detroit.jpg

Smirky Maximus 03-22-2014 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ (Post 1586463057)

Thank you. The comp seats look much more aggressive

RedC7AZ 03-22-2014 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BigJoe (Post 1586449017)
Fair enough, but since you only gave only the ONE REASON it must have been the most important consideration in your mind. In my opinion that reason isn't the most important. More important, to me, is to get exactly what I wanted with no compromises so that I can be fully happy with my decision over the upcoming years. I got Kalahari 3LT because I liked the way it looked; what effect it has on future value didn't even cross my mind. If I like it there will likely be others that like it as well and are willing to pay for it when I sell the car. If you are happy with your 2LT good on you. But if you "settled" on 2LT when you really wanted 3LT you will always wonder if you made the right choice. :cheers:

You jumped to your own conclusion. I never said resale value was the most important reason.

2LT has everything I need and a couple things I want, so the decision to go 2LT was easy, since it was also in line with selecting the middle of the road package. If I got the 1LT then I would have been "settling".

Everyone's decision process is different. For some, the 1LT has all they need and want, so the 2LT is overkill for them.

For some, like myself, it was difficult to justify the additional $4,000 for the 3LT, in part since I don't need NAV either.

boomerangj 03-22-2014 10:18 AM

Great post. Made me re-think. I've used the car configurator a few times (Ok more then a few) and always checked 3LT. My initial choice was NRB with Brownstone. But I have to admit-not sure I like the PICTURE of the interior with the brownstone dash. Went back and looked at 2LT in Kalahari. My instinct from the pictures is that I prefer the black dash with the colored seats. Now I gotta find a way to see it in person. Part of me wants to wait and see what the Z06 comes with though. The other interesting thing is that configuring from 2LT with the options I want-doesn't put it too much lower then the 3LT. I need to play with that more and understand it. I do like nice interiors.

Chevy Cust Svc 03-26-2014 11:36 AM

This is such a fun thread! I love looking over all your combinations and thoughts.

If you have any questions that we can help out with, please shoot us a PM. We are happy to look up different options etc. for you. The best place to start, which I know all of us have, is the build your own site at Chevrolet.com.

FYI the Competition Seats are great!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

FEEDMESLURPIES 06-10-2014 10:30 PM

I went with 3LT jet black leather, no suede, no upper wrap suede.

I have no idea if it was the right call or not. Maybe I wasted a bunch of money (a bunch to me at least), maybe I didn't. I think the one I saw at a dealership was 3LT grey without suede and I really liked it, so I hope that I end up with the same. The sides of the seats were baseball glove-ish and the middle I think was a mesh but maybe I'm misremembering. I'll find out in 4 weeks! I'm sure that I'll like the car no matter what, but this has definitely weighed heavy on me as far as did I screw it up by not doing suede or maybe even doing a different color.

Motohead279 06-10-2014 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by FEEDMESLURPIES (Post 1587105223)
I went with 3LT jet black leather, no suede, no upper wrap suede.

I have no idea if it was the right call or not. Maybe I wasted a bunch of money (a bunch to me at least), maybe I didn't. I think the one I saw at a dealership was 3LT grey without suede and I really liked it, so I hope that I end up with the same. The sides of the seats were baseball glove-ish and the middle I think was a mesh but maybe I'm misremembering. I'll find out in 4 weeks! I'm sure that I'll like the car no matter what, but this has definitely weighed heavy on me as far as did I screw it up by not doing suede or maybe even doing a different color.

I was undecided about this also. I have a 3lt and in the end though I skipped the suede option too.

Group501 06-11-2014 07:26 AM

It is interesting to read through all of these posts and seeing other points of view on this subject. When I purchased my C7 I only had the color decided before I was ready to order (TR). I did set myself a budget of no more than 62,000 and was adamant that I would keep it. After a lot of going back and forth about what was important to me, I went with a Torch Red Z51, 1LT, Gray interior, NPP, Nav, black rims, red calipers. The options in both the 2LT and 3LT did not justify the increased price (to me). I was able to get this car for under 58,000. With the left over money I have: gotten the windows tinted, scheduled an appointment for Opti-coating and will do some minor interior mods (still trying to decide). Just my 2 cents. :D

John Ulrich 06-11-2014 08:42 AM

I wanted Brownstone. Closed my eyes and checked the box.

Scooter NYY 06-11-2014 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a Laguna Blue 2LT Z51 vert with mag shocks, nav system, and automatic.

I started my own business about 14 years ago so I tend to be very conservative with every penny I spend on something. If I don't feel there is a good return on investment, I don't buy it. I just couldn't see the extra $$$ for the 3LT.

Attachment 47803136

Scooter NYY 06-11-2014 09:06 AM

Oops, it also has the Kalahari interior

FEEDMESLURPIES 06-11-2014 09:31 AM

So I watched some videos last night on YouTube with close ups and am pretty sure the interior that I liked so much at the dealership was the suede and not the leather that I ordered. Oh well, I'll have to just be happy that I picked leather and try to convince myself that it was a better choice in the long run. I also might regret not getting the microsuede upper trim but maybe that wouldn't have looked as good without the suede in seats, too.

Larry/car 06-11-2014 10:24 AM

I went with a black 2LT plus navigation. The 3LT has a softer leather and feels more comfortable. The leather of the 2LT is harder, maybe soften some with use. I am satisfied now but will probably upgrade to the 3LT in the future. Yes it will be black, I'm on my fourth Corvette and all interiors have been black.

FEEDMESLURPIES 06-11-2014 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Larry/car (Post 1587108042)
I went with a black 2LT plus navigation. The 3LT has a softer leather and feels more comfortable. The leather of the 2LT is harder, maybe soften some with use. I am satisfied now but will probably upgrade to the 3LT in the future. Yes it will be black, I'm on my fourth Corvette and all interiors have been black.

I haven't felt 2LT or 3LT leather so I can't compare, I just hope that it's nice. Part of the interior I really really really liked was the seat I sat in when I saw one at a dealership, I just didn't realize it was the suede. Hopefully the leather will be nice, too.

I'm still happy I went with the black, no regrets there. I think from the videos I saw it looks pretty sharp, especially with the torch red and waterfall down the middle of the seats on the convertible.

Larry/car 06-11-2014 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by FEEDMESLURPIES (Post 1587108074)
I haven't felt 2LT or 3LT leather so I can't compare, I just hope that it's nice. Part of the interior I really really really liked was the seat I sat in when I saw one at a dealership, I just didn't realize it was the suede. Hopefully the leather will be nice, too.

I'm still happy I went with the black, no regrets there. I think from the videos I saw it looks pretty sharp, especially with the torch red and waterfall down the middle of the seats on the convertible.

The 2LT isn't shabby by any means, but you can definitely tell the difference. Seeing the C7 in person was extremely hard, test driving one was out of the question. Had I been able to see/touch the two interiors, would of gone with the 3LT. I don't think any dealers in my area currently have any C7s in stock. I am happy with my choice. :thumbs:

FEEDMESLURPIES 06-11-2014 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Larry/car (Post 1587108165)
The 2LT isn't shabby by any means, but you can definitely tell the difference. Seeing the C7 in person was extremely hard, test driving one was out of the question. Had I been able to see/touch the two interiors, would of gone with the 3LT. I don't think any dealers in my area currently have any C7s in stock. I am happy with my choice. :thumbs:

Well that's good to know, it seems some people have said it wasn't as wide a choice for black to go 3LT while others have disagreed. I liked the idea of less vinyl/plastic. I am not thrilled with the dash area and how the base of the door looks like it gets scuffed easily but like the prophet Jagger said, "you can't always get what you want". I could have done the CF dash for a little less plastic but thought it kind of clashed with black interior to have the zebra versus the smooth and the stitching. I wish GM could have found a way to eliminate all the plastic inside one way or another, I would have been willing to pay for it. Even with a convertible I value a really nice interior!

Larry/car 06-11-2014 10:53 AM

You will be happy, I have a NRB convertible with black top and interior. Love it. :cool: Happy! Happy!

aj98 06-11-2014 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Corvette ED (Post 1584768891)
I think the Lime Rock Green with the Gray interior would look very stunning.

I have that color combo on my Trailblazer. Tis not bad at all.