CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Corvette Stingray - Massive Burnout Compilation (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3327463-c7-corvette-stingray-massive-burnout-compilation.html)

VRYALT3R3D 08-22-2013 11:44 AM

C7 Corvette Stingray - Massive Burnout Compilation

zr-1 guy 08-22-2013 11:51 AM

hooned it!

Mike S 08-22-2013 12:18 PM

Pointless.

Rad22 08-22-2013 12:51 PM

In general, I think burnouts and excessive drifting are some of the most stupid things one can do with a sophisticated automobile. In general drifting is not the fastest way to go around a curve and a smoking burnout is not the fastest way to get acceleration. It basically just shows a lack of talent or showing off.

yellowray 08-22-2013 01:04 PM

Cool, as long as it's not your tires.

Kappa 08-22-2013 02:49 PM

Awesome. When I had one, I did it on my own tires. Nothing like a good burnout and clutch dump holeshot to wake you up.

Good thing about the Corvette is that it can do just about any type of hooliganism there is if its on pavement and there's no snow.

BeaZt 08-22-2013 03:00 PM

Nothing wrong with waking up that big V8 every now and then. I heard that if you own a corvette and don't do at least one burnout you will lose your American citizenship.....

Sargevette 08-22-2013 03:04 PM

If GM tossed me the keys and said have fun. Yes. My car. No.

BeaZt 08-22-2013 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sargevette (Post 1584735511)
If GM tossed me the keys and said have fun. Yes. My car. No.

I'd have to do it just once. Other than that I like to get squirrely when accelerating some times.

Kappa 08-22-2013 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran (Post 1584735471)
Nothing wrong with waking up that big V8 every now and then. I heard that if you own a corvette and don't do at least one burnout you will lose your American citizenship.....

If that's the case, 90% of this forum is getting deported. They'd much rather put 10 coats of wax on.

rcooper 08-22-2013 03:30 PM

GM's car, yes, my car, no chance in h-ll. I drive hard but tires cost to much now, and the tickets are just as bad.

SkyTopp 08-22-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by rcooper (Post 1584735740)
GM's car, yes, my car, no chance in h-ll. I drive hard but tires cost to much now, and the tickets are just as bad.

:iagree: I'm sure engineering encouraged it for testing.

Konrad 08-22-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 1584735725)
If that's the case, 90% of this forum is getting deported. They'd much rather put 10 coats of wax on.

I agree with 1320Vetteran and Kappa. Some people like to wipe theirs with a diaper - I drive mine the way it was meant, including hole shots, donuts etc. :rock: these cars are fully capable of taking it. New tires once in a while definitely worth the fun that they give you.

Video is f$&%*# awesome BTW.

Cruiter 08-22-2013 05:13 PM

Being new here, I need to understand why ....

I keep seeing these videos of burnouts. The power-train and components are under extreme stress and the expensive tires are being shredded. What I need to understand is why people would rather do that to their cars than ride 20,000 miles or more on their tires. Under the right circumstances most cars will do some form of burnout. Is it something that makes drivers feel more superior than one that can downshift with expertise through a decreasing radius turn from speed? I thought that might be a better use of the expensive tires. My car will be 'my car', paid for and maintained by me. It's expensive enough to start with and I intend to do many miles enjoying it's excellent performance and drive ability without unnecessary abuse. Just somebody please tell me what the abuse proves.

Rad22, I totally agree with you :thumbs:
Thanks

Originally Posted by Rad22 (Post 1584734371)
In general, I think burnouts and excessive drifting are some of the most stupid things one can do with a sophisticated automobile. In general drifting is not the fastest way to go around a curve and a smoking burnout is not the fastest way to get acceleration. It basically just shows a lack of talent or showing off.

BeaZt 08-22-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiter (Post 1584736545)
I keep seeing these videos of burnouts. The power-train and components are under extreme stress and the expensive tires are being shredded. What I need to understand is why people would rather do that to their cars than ride 20,000 miles or more on their tires. Under the right circumstances most cars will do some form of burnout. Is it something that makes drivers feel more superior than one that can downshift with expertise through a decreasing radius turn from speed? I thought that might be a better use of the expensive tires. My car will be 'my car', paid for and maintained by me. It's expensive enough to start with and I intend to do many miles enjoying it's excellent performance and drive ability without unnecessary abuse. Just somebody please tell me what the abuse proves.

Thanks

Will you ever take yours to redline? Tires being shredded is one of the many points of a burn out lol

trueism 08-22-2013 05:45 PM

The only tires worse than Michelin Run-Flats, are you guessed it, >Goodyear.. He's just trying to quickly wear them out, so he can put on a set of Pilot Super Sports! Can't say I blame him.

speedlink 08-22-2013 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by trueism (Post 1584736763)
The only tires worse than Michelin Run-Flats, are you guessed it, >Goodyear.. He's just trying to quickly wear them out, so he can put on a set of Pilot Super Sports! Can't say I blame him.

Don't understand your comment about these Michelin's being bad tires. Have you used these new tires already? Where and on what car?

ZeeOSix 08-22-2013 07:19 PM

Guess it's a good test of the toughness of the engine and drive train. :ack: Maybe that was part of their mule test program. :lol: :leaving:

z edge 08-22-2013 07:27 PM

AWESOME VIDEO! & yes, everyone should do at least one burnout in their vette.

zr-1 guy 08-22-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiter (Post 1584736545)

Thanks

it's called having fun....