CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette" (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3325675-sequel-to-my-dissatisfaction-with-my-2013-corvette.html)

MLCRookie 08-20-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584720844)
^ Outstanding Idea - I can simply use the 'Minetti Draft' and just change the names of the accused and offending details.

:thumbs:

We'll come visit you in jail...they're gonna know for sure you are guilty of Plagerism as I am sure they have already seen examples of this "strongly worded letter"...

OP,from the sounds of your recent posts, apparently you are warming up to the shortcomings of your purchase as it sounds as though the modification bug as bitten...one day we'll all look back on this and have a good laugh...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

funymuny 08-20-2013 11:45 PM

This all seems bizarre. Buyer beware...always. About not liking 'negative' posts...dude, this is essentially an anonymous forum. Imagine out drinking beers with guys that don't sugarcoat things. Lots of different opinions. If you don't want the opinions don't put the comments out for comment. Simple as that.

theblackvette 08-21-2013 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584721690)
Of course I knew all the shortcomings with the exception of the copious brake dust. I was led to believe that the rag top hold down latch would loosen up but it hasn't. Also that the rear view camera could be incorporated into the current electronics. Also not true. I wanted GM to pay for replacing the brake pads with ceramic; I don't race this car. And since the racing stripe is starting to come loose, to pay for having the stripes painted on. I guess I trusted one too many people.

Richard

You keep mentioning the brake dust and mentioned the wheels need to be cleaned after each drive. Will you be posting any pictures of this? Best regards. :cheers:

glenB 08-21-2013 06:14 AM

Interesting, I've seen a million threads about people complaining about brake dust and they're told to use Ceramic pads and get a pat on the back, this guy has 6 pages of STFU

9157 08-21-2013 06:16 AM

GM just announced a major recall of all C6 corvettes due to an undisclosed problem...they may get dirty! The issue is especially apparent when driven in the rain!

RHMinetti 08-21-2013 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by JimTN (Post 1584711139)
This is a forum and members are allowed to post their comments on anything that's posted. If any posts contain personal attacks or hostility or inappropriate language, report them using the red triangle icon under their username.

Thank you.

It is apparent to me that there are a bunch of hypocrites out there that have, judging by the pictures that I've seen, not been satisfied with their choice Corvette. They have changed almost everything one could think of, from minor changes to the Corvette lettering to massive body style changes. When I try to suggest changes to GM they all jumped on me.

This forum was a total waste of my time and I'll not respond to any more threads, posts, etc.

Bye.

Gerdia 08-21-2013 07:34 AM

:seeya

mcandrew67 08-21-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584723268)
Thank you.

It is apparent to me that there are a bunch of hypocrites out there that have, judging by the pictures that I've seen, not been satisfied with their choice Corvette. They have changed almost everything one could think of, from minor changes to the Corvette lettering to massive body style changes. When I try to suggest changes to GM they all jumped on me.

This forum was a total waste of my time and I'll not respond to any more threads, posts, etc.

Bye.

I am one of those infidels that changed everything on my Corvette. The difference is, I didn't complain to GM, the forum, or anyone else about it. I did it all on my own with my own money and my own time, and didn't expect GM to reimburse me for it all.
Besides, it wasn't that I thought the car was bad to begin with, I loved it when I bought it new in 2006. I just chose to make it how I wanted it to look....
I suggest you sell yours and buy another Prius... seems to me that is where your heart is:thumbs:
Safe travels....:crazy2:

nous defions 08-21-2013 07:58 AM

Thank you.

Bye.

That's a but different from simply not being happy with the car and complaining that they've been had.

What you describe is called "modifying", or "personalizing". I did it with both my Mustangs and my first C6 Corvette. If I purchased a "comfortably equipped" Cadillac I would likely do it also. It's part of the car enthusiast thing, and it is a progressive activity that happens as the fellas share insight in issues regarding looks, power, handling, etc.

This is different with how you presented your case here. I'm actually surprised that you are surprised. It is possible that the 95% of us are wrong, and rude, and even hypocrites, and that you are correct and the only one with common sense in this entire board. But, chances are that the opposite might be more the case. Maybe just a little bit. You seem to be a reasonable man. But, thus far, you appear to be very sensitive to criticism and somewhat stubborn to analyze the merits of points of view that don't line up with yours.

Some of the fellas here have owned Corvettes for over 20, or 30 years. Maybe they know a thing or two about the subject matter, don't you think?

theblackvette 08-21-2013 07:59 AM

Thank you.

Bye.

Originally Posted by mcandrew67 (Post 1584723305)
I am one of those infidels that changed everything on my Corvette. The difference is, I didn't complain to GM, the forum, or anyone else about it. I did it all on my own with my own money and my own time, and didn't expect GM to reimburse me for it all.
Besides, it wasn't that I thought the car was bad to begin with, I loved it when I bought it new in 2006. I just chose to make it how I wanted it to look....
I suggest you sell yours and buy another Prius... seems to me that is where your heart is:thumbs:
Safe travels....:crazy2:

I have seen this car personally, when the owner inspected my Z06 when it was for sale. All I can say is wow. He did a number on his car. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. He made changes that makes his corvette stand out from the rest. A real attention getter. I am not into modified corvettes but I will tell you that it did get my attention. And I liked what I saw. Personally, I wouldn't invest all that money into the car, but it is a personal preference. Doesn't mean he disliked the car as stock. To the OP, sorry the forum wasn't to your taste. I was really interested in hearing and SEEING pictures of the brake dust.

I actually get up your way from time to time and would have been happy to have met you and see your corvette. I can be reached here by PM if you like. The invitation is always open.

Good luck to you and best regards. :cheers:

dvilin 08-21-2013 07:59 AM

Thank you.

Bye

Goodbye!:seeya:cry:nopity

wayback 08-21-2013 08:24 AM

Thank you.

Bye.

Bet ya a dime to a doughnut he does not even own a C6.

If anyone needs to find him, check the Prius boards.:ack:

01VETTECOP 08-21-2013 08:30 AM

Bye Bye

FRANCIS

theblackvette 08-21-2013 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584723568)
Bet ya a dime to a doughnut he does not even own a C6.

If anyone needs to find him, check the Prius boards.:ack:

I think I would take that bet.

Why would you think this? The letter that was attached on the other thread has several identifiers in it. Seems VERY genuine to me. Not anonymous at all. I give a LOT of credit to the OP for this.

It was unfortunate his forum experience was not to his taste.

:cheers:

VatorMan 08-21-2013 08:42 AM

Thank you.

Bye.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out ! :seeya:

wayback 08-21-2013 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584723639)
I think I would take that bet.

Why would you think this? The letter that was attached on the other thread has several identifiers in it. Seems VERY genuine to me. Not anonymous at all. I give a LOT of credit to the OP for this.

It was unfortunate his forum experience was not to his taste.

Just find it hard to believe someone could buy a Corvette and then act the way he did. Most owners are so excited by the performance of their C6 they can't stand it.:lol:

ps I am one of the "hypocrites" who made changes to their C6. Yep, I made it the way I wanted it.:D

Spowell637 08-21-2013 08:58 AM

I am sorry you had to receive the negative comments. Unfortunately there are some that are so consumed in love for Corvettes they see no weaknesses in the vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I love my C6 but an always interested in the opinions of others , where I might learn.

I have sent questions in the past, seeking advice and on a few occassions receive very sarcastic replies. Some negative folks find it convenient to hide behind the keyboard.

theblackvette 08-21-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584723778)
Just find it hard to believe someone could buy a Corvette and then act the way he did. Most owners are so excited by the performance of their C6 they can't stand it.:lol:

ps I am one of the "hypocrites" who made changes to their C6. Yep, I made it the way I wanted it.:D

I understand the hard to believe, but the VIN number of his corvette is even posted in that letter.

There is a human being behind that keyboard that has feelings. I actually would like to meet the guy and see his car. I think his offline persona would be very tasteful.

I do hope I hear from him. :cheers:

mcandrew67 08-21-2013 09:15 AM

I'm sure he is a nice guy too, but these days, to post on a forum, you really do have to have thick skin.
I think where it went down hill was not so much that he had gripes with his Vette, but his sense of entitlement to have things changed on his car at GM's expense. (excluding warranty items)
Most have participated in some form of gripe at some time or other on the forum, myself included.
I guess, in some way he should be grateful he chose C6 Gen to post and not OT.....
Richard, I think you should stick around the forum, I think you will find us a good bunch at heart, just some of us are very sarcastic, if not I wish you well...
:cheers:David

theblackvette 08-21-2013 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mcandrew67 (Post 1584723923)
I'm sure he is a nice guy too, but these days, to post on a forum, you really do have to have thick skin.
I think where it went down hill was not so much that he had gripes with his Vette, but his sense of entitlement to have things changed on his car at GM's expense. (excluding warranty items)
Most have participated in some form of gripe at some time or other on the forum, myself included.
I guess, in some way he should be grateful he chose C6 Gen to post and not OT.....
Richard, I think you should stick around the forum, I think you will find us a good bunch at heart, just some of us are very sarcastic, if not I wish you well...
:cheers:David

One thing I do find puzzling is why the OP did not discuss this with his dealership, FIRST. He went right up the chain of command. He says this in his letter he did not discuss it with the dealership.

Most dealerships would have heard him out, and do what they can to please him. Maybe not to take the car back but do things to make him happier. The paint and stripes IS an issue that needs attention. This is something the dealership needs to correct on a new car.

His biggest issue was the brake dust. The dealership may have upgraded the brakes and charged the customer their cost as a goodwill to make him happy for the trouble with the paint as well as his disdain for the brake dust.

Furthermore, the service manager and fleet manager could have sat with him to discuss his other concerns and maybe bring him more into the know about the corvette.

Simply put, I think the outcome would have been much different and BETTER if he went to the dealership FIRST, then posted on the forum, and if that was not to his satisfaction to contact General Motors.

This was a most unfortunate situatiion to say the least. Best regards.

wayback 08-21-2013 09:56 AM

I think his biggest problem with the forum is how he presented his gripes. No where did I read that he liked his Corvette. That omission alone will make you an outcast here.

Like previously posted there have been many threads about how bad the brake dust is. Ceramic pads will help, but not eliminate the problem.

To make his first post the way he did, what other outcome would you expect?

Hopefully he will find a way to enjoy his C6 for what it is, faults and all (we all overlook the faults). Yes the C6 does have faults, all cars do. But IMHO the C6 is one great car overall.:thumbs:

theblackvette 08-21-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584724280)
I think his biggest problem with the forum is how he presented his gripes. No where did I read that he liked his Corvette. That omission alone will make you an outcast here.

True to a point, but the response generated should have been more directed to an obvious troll. One who is anonymous and obviously baiting the forum. I see the OP as neither.

The OP simply was disatisfied and was presented his personal disatisfaction.

Character assasination was really unfortunate and it became a pile up on the OP situation. I don't think people really meant any harm by it and even turned into a bit of let's have a little fun on the forum at the OP's expense. This was a shame considering that the OP did not present himself anonymously here.

I did send the OP an email. I hope I do get a response. :cheers:

wayback 08-21-2013 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584724334)
True to a point, but the response generated should have been more directed to an obvious troll. One who is anonymous and obviously baiting the forum. I see the OP as neither.

The OP simply was disatisfied and was presented his personal disatisfaction.

Character assasination was really unfortunate and it became a pile up on the OP situation. I don't think people really meant any harm by it and even turned into a bit of let's have a little fun on the forum at the OP's expense. This was a shame considering that the OP did not present himself anonymously here.

I did send the OP an email. I hope I do get a response. :cheers:

You give us too much credit.:lol::lol: If at first glance it looks like a troll it must be a troll.:D

Steve_R 08-21-2013 10:11 AM

It seems the OP bought his C6 without proper research, just like he paid to join the forum without spending any time here to see what it was about.

Like clubs, forums aren't for everyone. It's obvious that an internet forum is not for him.

Dif 08-21-2013 10:27 AM

:lurk::lurk:

11Black-GS 08-21-2013 10:36 AM

I agree a little with theblackvette. There were some character assassination but definitely not to the extent I would have expected.

The OP is definitely not a troll. I did do a little research on his information and it appears its accurate. With that being said, I think the OP simply has very little understanding on how to present his concerns and did it in a manner that didn't work out the way he intended.

Wayback said "No where did I read that he liked his Corvette". However, the OP did mention in his letter about some of the things he was pleased with.

When I first read the OP's original thread I thought he was some arrogant person who thinks the world should be given to him. I now feel sorry for the OP as he seems to be lacking understanding in so many areas that it is almost pathetic. There are definitely going to be people like the OP in the world and anyone who deals with customers for a living has probably met at least one of them. Sometimes its just easier to do what is reasonable to make them happy rather than to try to take a very long time to help them understand why things are the way they are. On the flip side, that doesn't mean that GM should give him ceramic brake pads just because the OP wrote a letter.

Just my 2 cents..

LD85 08-21-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584707470)
To those of you that have responded positively to my original post I sincerely thank you for your input. It is indeed appreciated.

To those of you that have responded negatively, including those of you that have used less than desirable language, please consider not responding at all in the future, certainly not if the response is going to be less than positive; it really serves no useful purpose.

There are, and always will be, those that are satisfied with the "status quo" and those of us that continue to push for positive change. Hopefully the positive change crowd will win out and make things better for everyone, not only where Corvettes are concerned.

Even one of your board members responded quite negatively to the original post and is apparently not in tune with any positive change nor, in my mind, is a progressive asset to your board in general.

I did not post the original post so I could be ridiculed but so that I could help bring about some positive change. I can see that most of the Corvette owners that responded are not of a "positive change" mindset.

Be that as it may, buying the Corvette may have been a mistake where my wife's capabilities are concerned, and some of my desires, but joining this "Forum" may have indeed been my biggest mistake.

Again, thank you to those that have responded positively, you are a credit to this Forum. Stay in there and continue to provide valuable input, in spite of the "naysayers".

Sincerely,

Richard H Minetti

Richard I'm curious,

1. Was this your first Corvette?

2. What sports cars in the price category meets all of your criteria?

OldCorvetteFan 08-21-2013 02:28 PM

I don't own a C6 or a convertible, so I may not be up on the latest ... but doesn't the 3LT package come with a power convertible top?

And I'm pretty sure that the memory package he so desperately wanted is also available ... with the 3LT package.

If you don't want to see scuff marks, then get a black interior!

Poor guy - some of the things he complained about could have been resolved - had he just bought the right car!

Steven

Tally Ho 08-21-2013 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldCorvetteFan (Post 1584726653)
I don't own a C6 or a convertible, so I may not be up on the latest ... but doesn't the 3LT package come with a power convertible top?Steven

Not in 2005 (1SB) or 2006 (3LT). It was optional. The 3LT convertibles from 2007 up came with power top as part of the package.

AddisonD 08-21-2013 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tally Ho (Post 1584726844)
Not in 2005 (1SB) or 2006 (3LT). It was optional. The 3LT convertibles from 2007 up came with power top as part of the package.

With the power top, you have to pull out a handle in the center of the forward roofline, and twist it to unlock the top. Once that is done, you hold down a toggle switch and the top folds itself away. Same sequence reverses to put the top back up. That handle has a good grip, and is not uncomfortable. I would have classed the effort required to unlock the top to be minimal.

For a great "boulevard cruiser" (actually I may not be sure exactly what that is, ...) I would recommend the OP get a BMW 650 vert. The top on that one does not have a manual locking mechanism. That car certainly won't be in the same price range, however.

Bumpnrun 08-21-2013 03:07 PM

Mr. Minetti.......Don't go away mad....JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psc4f610af.jpg

Kevin_NYC 08-21-2013 03:21 PM

Tons of Major losers on Corvette Forum

Don't let them bother u

It's a sports car; even the Shelby Cobra has crappy seats, flimsy dash, and joke of convertible top

The Ford GT uses Focus parts and Explorer latches on doors

They save some place so u can have a great car overall

michaelinmech 08-21-2013 03:28 PM

WHATEVER - That's the word that comes to my mind in summarizing this Thread. When you think about it, this, for the largest part, was not about Corvettes. It was about buying something/anything, without proper research, welling up with buyers remorse, and foisting your dissatisfaction on a Member Group of Enthusiasts of the very product you criticize.

It would not matter if this was a Enthusiast Member Forum for Harley Davidson, John Deere, Jeep, Rolex, or whatever. If a Member Enthusiast Forum sees a Thread critical of the very object of their passion, expect the immediate/continuous reaction to be defensive, passionate, divisive, debating and immediate. No one wants to hear their 'item' being disparaged. This is even more true when the criticisms are so superficial to indicate little or no pre-purchase research by the buyer.

Dear Harley Davidson - I'm angry my motorcycle exhaust pipes get hot

Dear Rolex - I'm mad that people keep eyeballing my gold president

Dear Jeep - This thing rides like a damm Jeep

:eek::thumbs::eek:

R&L's C6 08-21-2013 03:45 PM

Just home from work and tuning into the afternoon Minetti matinee.......:lurk:

michaelinmech 08-21-2013 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584727277)

WELL . . . in today's episode so far, we revisit brake dust, talks mods, Minetti vows to never post again, members say bye bye to Minetti in varying ways, potential trolling is debated, a few olive branches are extended, member character is questioned and a few options and trim levels are reviewed . . . . . .

This programming is brought to you by "The Reading is Fundamental Group" - advocating a bit of research before you spend $$$$$.

cclive 08-21-2013 04:24 PM

I think that it is unreasonable of you to either: 1. Expect only positive comments on your post. or 2. Tell people who did not agree with you that they should not have posted at all.
Forums are places for disagreement. I would not have spent 60 seconds reading the thread if everyone just said how right you were...no fun or interest there. Some agree...some disagree. This is what makes the world go 'round. I personally believe that your expectations and complaints about the C6 are unreasonable and unrealistic. That's just me. Many of the things you suggest would be undesirable changes to the car. An example would be a trunk lid pulldown. I close my trunk lid by flipping it down with the force of one finger. It goes down and 'clunk', it latches. To add an electric pull down would be silly to me...added complication, weight etc.:thumbs:

cclive 08-21-2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584727395)
WELL . . . in today's episode so far, we revisit brake dust, talks mods, Minetti vows to never post again, members say bye bye to Minetti in varying ways, potential trolling is debated, a few olive branches are extended, member character is questioned and a few options and trim levels are reviewed . . . . . .

This programming is brought to you by "The Reading is Fundamental Group" - advocating a bit of research before you spend $$$$$.

Fun...an executive summary of the day's developments! The last part is important though...to complain that one's wife can't operate the convertible top on a new car is akin to complaining that one's wife can't see over the steering wheel when she drives the car. Didn't anyone ever test this out before buying???? If there had been a test drive, the choice of car might have moved to a Mercedes SL. For me this would have been an incorrect choice because of weight, cost, slowness, looks, and maintenance cost...but for many, including you, the SL might have been a better choice. A test drive would still be a good idea though, even with the Mercedes.:thumbs:

TexasYankee 08-21-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584723800)
I understand the hard to believe, but the VIN number of his corvette is even posted .......
:

The only thing he didn't post was his SS number. Way too much info shared with a group of people who he doesn't know.

BlueAngelSAE 08-21-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cclive (Post 1584727563)
I think that it is unreasonable of you to either: 1. Expect only positive comments on your post. or 2. Tell people who did not agree with you that they should not have posted at all.
Forums are places for disagreement. I would not have spent 60 seconds reading the thread if everyone just said how right you were...no fun or interest there. Some agree...some disagree. This is what makes the world go 'round. I personally believe that your expectations and complaints about the C6 are unreasonable and unrealistic. That's just me. Many of the things you suggest would be undesirable changes to the car. An example would be a trunk lid pulldown. I close my trunk lid by flipping it down with the force of one finger. It goes down and 'clunk', it latches. To add an electric pull down would be silly to me...added complication, weight etc.:thumbs:

:iagree: like a train wreck or a springer show....

wayback 08-21-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by cclive (Post 1584727563)

The do have a electric pull down, at least my 07 does. I just drop it from 3 to 4 in, just enough for it to catch, and the motor pulls it down.

So much for that complaint.:D

BlueAngelSAE 08-21-2013 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584727277)

:iagree::iagree: glad I'm not the only one.....:cheers:

R&L's C6 08-21-2013 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584727395)

:rofl::rofl:

I sure hope the OP has a sense of humor and doesn't take all this too seriously. Most all of us have posted something and taken it on the chops a time or two.

To the OP I would like to leave you with something one of my friends told me after I bought my Corvette and was having some quality control issues. He called me up and said if everyone's main problem in life was they were having troubles with their new Corvette......wouldn't life be great..

wayback 08-21-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584727900)

I sure hope the OP has a sense of humor and doesn't take all this too seriously. Most all of us have posted something and taken it on the chops a time or two.

To the OP I would like to leave you with something one of my friends told me after I bought my Corvette and was having some quality control issues. He called me up and said if everyone's main problem in life was they were having troubles with their new Corvette......wouldn't life be great..

And I was amazed at how well you coped with that whole mess.:cheers:

ps I have never posted anything here to have taken it on the chops.:rofl::rofl:

Corvette Junkie 08-21-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584727849)
The do have a electric pull down, at least my 07 does. I just drop it from 3 to 4 in, just enough for it to catch, and the motor pulls it down.

You don't have one on convertibles.

theblackvette 08-21-2013 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584727900)

Unfortunately, I think he has taken it VERY seriously. I felt sorry for the OP and checked out his postings on another forum. His age was disclosed and if it is accurate he is a man who really deserves to be respected. I do believe he also mentioned he fought in Korea on this website here.

Was this really worth it? Simply a rhetorical question.

Best regards. :cheers:

R&L's C6 08-21-2013 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584727968)
And I was amazed at how well you coped with that whole mess.:cheers:

ps I have never posted anything here to have taken it on the chops.:rofl::rofl:

But at least Tadge answered my email, how many can say that....:lol:

wayback 08-21-2013 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1584728009)

Guess he should have bought a coupe, solve 2 problems.

I bought a 06 vert I had to have only to find out it was only usable 3 to 4 months of the year. Rest of the time it was too hot or cold. Coupe was better for me. So we all live and learn from our mistakes.

I was luckly and sold the vert for more than I paid for it.

deadsexyii 08-21-2013 05:31 PM

Hands down funniest thing I've read all week. The letter was great! This has to be a joke.

AddisonD 08-21-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584727849)

Really? What part of your car has an electric pull down? Nothing like that exists on my '11 GS vert.

I have to close the trunk with my own hands pushing down; and I have to pull down a bit, and twist the convertible top locking handle once the motors have stopped unfolding it into the "up" position. It has never occurred to me that either of these was an issue or a design problem with the car. I have not expressed any concerns or regrets as a result of them, nor do I anticipate doing so.

R&L's C6 08-21-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by AddisonD (Post 1584728148)
Really? What part of your car has an electric pull down? Nothing like that exists on my '11 GS vert.

I have to close the trunk with my own hands pushing down; and I have to pull down a bit, and twist the convertible top locking handle once the motors have stopped unfolding it into the "up" position. It has never occurred to me that either of these was an issue or a design problem with the car. I have not expressed any concerns or regrets as a result of them, nor do I anticipate doing so.

Coupes have an electric pull down on the hatch.

wayback 08-21-2013 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584728192)
Coupes have an electric pull down on the hatch.

:yesnod:

michaelinmech 08-21-2013 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584728105)
But at least Tadge answered my email, how many can say that....:lol:

Perhaps because it was genuine and sincere, rather than confrontational and derogatory ??? Just a wild guess . . . . . :confused2:

AORoads 08-21-2013 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584724167)
One thing I do find puzzling is why the OP did not discuss this with his dealership, FIRST. He went right up the chain of command. He says this in his letter he did not discuss it with the dealership.

Most dealerships would have heard him out, and do what they can to please him. Maybe not to take the car back but do things to make him happier. The paint and stripes IS an issue that needs attention. This is something the dealership needs to correct on a new car.

His biggest issue was the brake dust. The dealership may have upgraded the brakes and charged the customer their cost as a goodwill to make him happy for the trouble with the paint as well as his disdain for the brake dust.

Furthermore, the service manager and fleet manager could have sat with him to discuss his other concerns and maybe bring him more into the know about the corvette.

Simply put, I think the outcome would have been much different and BETTER if he went to the dealership FIRST, then posted on the forum, and if that was not to his satisfaction to contact General Motors.

This was a most unfortunate situatiion to say the least. Best regards.

Just one small point of information: don't you find it odd that chev customer service hasn't chimed in to assist? Is it because they have looked into it privately? Or, is it because they looked at the merits of the issues discussed and deemed them inappropriate for them to become involved? Whichever is the case, the silence is deafening.

RBLUVETT 08-21-2013 06:33 PM

Some times you just buy the wrong car. I have had 67 cars in my 73 years; most of then special interest cars; 911's, BMW's and Corvettes, among many others. Last year I sold my 09 Corvette Vert just because I had had it for five years and I was ready to do something different. I bought a new BMW M3. By all accounts, a terrific car, and it is, but not for me. Cars, like people, have personalities, and you like them or you don't. Most times you can't explain why. And many times it has nothing to do with whether they are reliable or not. Sometimes the people, like cars, that you like most are not reliable either. In any event, the 2013 BMW M3 lasted less then 9 months the our garage. Was it a better car, analytically, then the 013 GS that replaced it? In most respects, yes. But I didn't like it; and I never bonded with it. When you have have a relative that you don't like, there's not much that you can do about that, but when you have have a car you don't like, the dealer is just down the street.

VRYALT3R3D 08-21-2013 08:50 PM

>owns a prius
>bought a c6 as an investment

LOL

AddisonD 08-21-2013 09:06 PM

Thank you.

Bye.

It's okay, really.
We don't need the OP to keep ripping into this one.

Gerdia 08-21-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1584728405)
Just one small point of information: don't you find it odd that chev customer service hasn't chimed in to assist? Is it because they have looked into it privately? Or, is it because they looked at the merits of the issues discussed and deemed them inappropriate for them to become involved? Whichever is the case, the silence is deafening.

There's really nothing to chime in on, it's like me buying a Mack truck and then complaining to Mack that it's bad on gas and doesn't fit in my residential garage, and my wife can't drive it because the steering wheel is too big and it's hard on turns.
His letter to GM is about, ohh say, 8 years too late.

Steve_R 08-21-2013 09:17 PM

The OP is 80 years old and a Korean War veteran. Some of you can stop with the personal insults any time, it's getting tiresome.

phileaglesfan 08-21-2013 09:47 PM

My Dad passed away at 93 years old a couple years ago, a former WWII POW. One thing I have learned from that generation is that you don't screw with them. There isn't anyone on here that can make him upset though.

At times it is hard to believe the OP is even real. Usually people from that generation will look into a purchase this big with extreme detail such as ask questions at a car show.

If anything, his letter proves a point. The C6 is really a great vehicle since he could only find those faults (one was not even valid as the gas cap holder is there). His main point seems to be the back up camera, or lack of it. Unfortunately back in 2004 GM put an electrical component system in this car that is not that upgradable and it would cost too much to change it. The fact is that GM designs usually don't last 9 years (or any manufacturer designs for that matter).

ck9887 08-21-2013 10:12 PM

I can understand the OP's complaints at his age... Being 26 years old, those frivolous issues don't bother me. I certainly can see though at his age how backing up without a backup camera could be difficult, I usually open my door and look back as I back up slowly. I also manually lift the steering wheel to get in and out the car easier.

If I was concerned with all the bells and whistles I would have kept my Lexus IS-F but simple fact is many vehicles lack the personality and fun that the Vette offers.

Maybe he assumed at $60K, those features would be standard and didn't fully research it.

Either way, good luck to the OP. Give yourself some time and you might grow to enjoy your Vette.

C6ROLLER 08-21-2013 10:12 PM

Who the hell buys a vette and whines that it's too low and doesn't have the e-brake properly placed and calibrated??? I'll tell you who, someone who wanted a used Mercedes and made a wrong turn into a chevy dealership and landed in a PERFORMANCE CAR...I could give two sh!ts about all the things he whined about...all those issues disappear magically between 3500RPM and redline...sell that vette please and give it to someone who wants it for what it is: A PERFORMANCE CAR! Geeze....

kab1sg 08-21-2013 11:38 PM

Mr. Minetti,

You don't have to respond to this. I want to publicly thank you for your service. As many stated, brake dust is a by-product of disc brakes. I'm sure there is someone who can help you find a solution to the other problems you mentioned. Like you, and others who served before and after you, the Corvette is an American icon! It's not perfect but it is awesome in many ways. If you want it to be a boulevard cruiser, it can be that. The Vette is many things to many people! Embrace the things you like about it and find solutions for the other things like you mentioned. I hope to still be wheeling my Vette when I'm 80. I salute you!

2019 ZR1 08-21-2013 11:53 PM

Always someone crying about something..... DON'T CRY buddy!!!

Spowell637 08-22-2013 06:33 AM

I appreciate his service to his country. I wonder how many of his detractors served in the military? Leave the fellow alone and show some respect .

IrishSpuds 08-22-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Spowell637 (Post 1584732010)
I appreciate his service to his country. I wonder how many of his detractors served in the military? Leave the fellow alone and show some respect .

Respect is earned not entitled. OP blew it from post #1.

Spowell637 08-22-2013 09:17 AM

He earned respect before most of you were born.

C6ROLLER 08-22-2013 10:20 AM

Well if he served (which I didnt know, didnt read all the posts of this thread but I did read all from the other thread) then I definitely respect him for that, but we can all agree some if not most of his complaints were absurd...but hey good luck to him.

brooklync5 08-22-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Spowell637 (Post 1584732010)
I appreciate his service to his country. I wonder how many of his detractors served in military? Leave the fellow aone and show some respect .

Your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? What does his military service have to do with his absurd complaints? Absolutely nothing! While I'm sure most of us are grateful for his service to our country, one thing has nothing to do with another. From what I've gathered he hates his car because of brake dust. Come on now......

69L79 08-22-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by brooklync5 (Post 1584733896)
Your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? What does his military service have to do with his absurd complaints? Absolutely nothing! While I'm sure most of us are greatful for his service to our country, one thing has nothing to do with another. From what I've gathered he hates his car because of brake dust. Come on now......

:iagree: Being a Veteran doesn't make him immune from making a ridiculous post. Brake dust? :lol: :lol:

Spowell637 08-22-2013 12:17 PM

Brooklync5, you are correct , I'm not the sharpest knife in the shed but I do know the correct spelling and context of grateful.

vetdude 08-22-2013 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by glenB (Post 1584711340)
Positive change... lets see, oh yes, the C6 production has ended

After reading the post about 'positive change' it reminds me of someone's else's 'Positive Change' ....

Don't you mean someone eles's 'Hope and Change' - no hope; keep the change.

vetdude 08-22-2013 02:50 PM

Note to self:

Never ever post your thoughts/beliefs on a public forum and not expect to receive feedback from both sides of the coin, both positive and negative. The OP in this case made an uninformed decision regarding his C6 purchase. We all make mistakes. We all have to pay the piper. Generally speaking, this forum hosts a wealth of good people sharing a common interest.

Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com 08-22-2013 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by vetdude (Post 1584735386)
Note to self:

Never ever post your thoughts/beliefs on a public forum and not expect to receive feedback from both sides of the coin, both positive and negative. The OP in this case made an uninformed decision regarding his C6 purchase. We all make mistakes. We all have to pay the piper. Generally speaking, this forum hosts a wealth of good people sharing a common interest.

:smash::thumbs::cheers::flag:

IrishSpuds 08-22-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by brooklync5 (Post 1584733896)
Your not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? What does his military service have to do with his absurd complaints? Absolutely nothing! While I'm sure most of us are greatful for his service to our country, one thing has nothing to do with another. From what I've gathered he hates his car because of brake dust. Come on now......

:iagree::iagree:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

brooklync5 08-22-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Spowell637 (Post 1584734118)
Brooklync5, you are correct , I'm not the sharpest knife in the shed but I do know the correct spelling and context of grateful.

Lol good call you got me!

H-TOWNC6 08-22-2013 04:35 PM

Maybe you should write a letter to Toyota complaining that you have trouble finding your Prius when you park it in a field of toaster ovens. :eek:

96GS#007 08-22-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by brooklync5 (Post 1584735823)
Lol good call you got me!

You should write a letter to the software company about their spell-checker. It should have caught that. :D

BlueAngelSAE 08-22-2013 09:20 PM

Actually as a veteran, the OP and our brother and sister veterans service and sacrifices has provided the freedom of speech...Being a veteran myself, I agree that military service and getting on your soap box about buyer remourse have nothing to do with one or the other.

cclive 08-22-2013 10:45 PM

My Dad did two tours in the south Pacific in WWII...but it never meant that I couldn't disagree with him about something...unless it was the Navy or the South Pacific.:D

MLCRookie 08-22-2013 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlueAngelSAE (Post 1584738511)
Actually as a veteran, the OP and our brother and sister veterans service and sacrifices has provided the freedom of speech...Being a veteran myself, I agree that military service and getting on your soap box about buyer remourse have nothing to do with one or the other.

:iagree: My 25 plus years and multiple tours in a combat zone do not give me a "pass" on making an uninformed decision...I do that all on my own and must assume full responsibility for it.

I do, however, applaud all our veterans for their service.:flag:

J Christensen 08-22-2013 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ck9887 (Post 1584730403)
I can understand the OP's complaints at his age... Being 26 years old, those frivolous issues don't bother me. I certainly can see though at his age how backing up without a backup camera could be difficult, I usually open my door and look back as I back up slowly. I also manually lift the steering wheel to get in and out the car easier.

If I was concerned with all the bells and whistles I would have kept my Lexus IS-F but simple fact is many vehicles lack the personality and fun that the Vette offers.

Maybe he assumed at $60K, those features would be standard and didn't fully research it.

Either way, good luck to the OP. Give yourself some time and you might grow to enjoy your Vette.

:iagree:

AmericanVette 08-23-2013 02:12 AM

If you can't enjoy a Corvette then what on this earth can you enjoy?

OP complained the emergency brake is on the wrong side. How often is the emergency brake used? Honestly? I don't think I ever used it on my C6.

My C6 was a dream come true and selling her was a sad day.

I made a lot of brake dust. It happens. I figure each bit of dust was one heck of a stop or turn. :D:thumbs:

There is no reason to not enjoy a Corvette. Get in, put the seat belt on, push the start button and go. All you need is to find a road you like and go. When you get tired stop for a hot dog and fries then get back in and drive some more. :cheers:

Don't give up. In my opinion Corvette is the best sports car and I've driven Porsche. It is faster, sticks to the road better, and is fun.

kotik 08-23-2013 04:48 AM

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps3ae8492b.jpg

CSIXX1 08-23-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584720048)
Tally Ho,

Thank you much for the most productive answer to either of my posts. Too bad many of the others in the forum don't follow your example. I'll probably make my own modifications to please both my wife and myself. Too bad GM didn't have the foresight to address these issues long ago.

Thanks again.

Richard

Do you really think that a car manufacture can design or build a car to satisfy everyone!

j_digi454 08-23-2013 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1584728009)

Or the Z06.

R&L's C6 08-23-2013 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CSIXX1 (Post 1584740750)
Do you really think that a car manufacture can design or build a car to satisfy everyone!

Sure they can.....:D

Attachment 47733641

wayback 08-23-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584740790)
Sure they can.....:D

Attachment 47733641

This one will please a lot of people.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r.../MINIBOOBS.jpg

wteceraser 08-23-2013 11:38 AM

Wow,this thread is cracking me up .I got on this thread almost a year before I bought my Corvette GS convertible .From this forum I learned about brake dust,gas mileage than the narrow body.I learned what every button did and what kind of information it would give you back.I ask for help from the members about certain things I did not know in always got back answers that were helpful and sometimes not so helpful.I'd be willing to bet I know more about the Corvette been a lot of the dealers do.The the people on this forum have many more years of experience with the Vette than I do and I used their knowledge so I would know exactly what I was buying.If I read this thread right you're only 26 years old . You obviously did not do any research before buying your vehicle .I have owned my 2012 Centennial Edition convertible 4 LT for 8 months now and have put on almost 9,000 miles .I Drive it everyday in the rain ,on frosty roads ,and even drove it
in 2 to 3 inches of snow when I brought it home from Michigan.No no matter how bad of day I have at work I always say but I get to drive a Corvette home . To the O P, waaa,you sound like a spoiled brat .Sell the car please .I'm sure you'll never wave at another Corvette owner.I do thank you for your service to the US but I think you have a lot of growing up to do .Sell it to someone that appreciates what a amazing car it is .My first and only Vette ever and I wouldn't sell mine even if I was offered more money than I paid .I hope you gain some wisdom when you grow up .

Dif 08-23-2013 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by wteceraser (Post 1584742587)
Wow,this thread is cracking me up .I got on this thread almost a year before I bought my Corvette GS convertible .From this forum I learned about brake dust,gas mileage than the narrow body.I learned what every button did and what kind of information it would give you back.I ask for help from the members about certain things I did not know in always got back answers that were helpful and sometimes not so helpful.I'd be willing to bet I know more about the Corvette been a lot of the dealers do.The the people on this forum have many more years of experience with the Vette than I do and I used their knowledge so I would know exactly what I was buying.If I read this thread right you're only 26 years old . You obviously did not do any research before buying your vehicle .I have owned my 2012 Centennial Edition convertible 4 LT for 8 months now and have put on almost 9,000 miles .I Drive it everyday in the rain ,on frosty roads ,and even drove it
in 2 to 3 inches of snow when I brought it home from Michigan.No no matter how bad of day I have at work I always say but I get to drive a Corvette home . To the O P, waaa,you sound like a spoiled brat .Sell the car please .I'm sure you'll never wave at another Corvette owner.I do thank you for your service to the US but I think you have a lot of growing up to do .Sell it to someone that appreciates what a amazing car it is .My first and only Vette ever and I wouldn't sell mine even if I was offered more money than I paid .I hope you gain some wisdom when you grow up .

Just a note .... the OP is 80 years old :eek:
Pretty grown I'd say ;)

IMO, this thread is :trainwreck:

Bunch a people pig piling on someone who made a mistake :(

wteceraser 08-23-2013 11:52 AM

I thought us old guys were smarter than that .My mistake

waynelittle1 08-23-2013 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by kotik (Post 1584740390)

:lol::lol::lolg::lolg::funnypost: :funnypost:

Now I just need the original word doc...:D

cclive 08-23-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584707470)
To those of you that have responded positively to my original post I sincerely thank you for your input. It is indeed appreciated.

To those of you that have responded negatively, including those of you that have used less than desirable language, please consider not responding at all in the future, certainly not if the response is going to be less than positive; it really serves no useful purpose.

Sincerely,

Richard H Minetti

Sorry, but if the forum is just a bunch of yes-men, then it isn't worth reading or contributing to. Bad language and personal attacks are not appropriate, but honest disagreement is.:thumbs:

Kevin_NYC 08-23-2013 12:52 PM

I read your letter

Your major failure is you never discussed this with the Dealer

Their job is to educate and help you understand the functionality of your car.

The issues you raise are borderline not relevant

-Proximity cameras are not relvant in a sports car and add weight; same with electro hard top.

-The Rear hatch is not meant to be slammed or pushed down hard; you rest your palm on it and electronic assist closes it

-Your black inner hatch pain might have not been prepped right; again dealer has porfessional process to correct (not touch up)

-Re: latches, emergency brake, etc....these are personal usage and not mfg defects; again dealer can lube and adjust

You need to understand that a sports car is not made for 100% of the public; its made for enthusiasts who understand the size, space, weight, design constraints to produce a car to perform.

AddisonD 08-23-2013 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanVette (Post 1584740226)
OP complained the emergency brake is on the wrong side. How often is the emergency brake used? Honestly? I don't think I ever used it on my C6.

Written like a true, automatic coupe driver.

I use the parking brake more often than the start-stop button. With my choice of manual shift, I set it at every shut-down, release it at every start-up. And, it has to be set for the power convertible top to move, so it is used for each use of the power top going up, or down.

I also thought drivers of automatics used their parking brake when stopped on an incline. Maybe it is okay to just let it come to rest against the "P" of the automatic.

nous defions 08-23-2013 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by kotik (Post 1584740390)

My guys always kept several copies of these neat little forms around the office. During our last deployment, I had several additional elements attached to my command, including Naval Special Warfare and a Civil Affairs and Military Information Support Team. Because of the difference in character of the less "knuckle-dragger" ones among us, we submitted one of these to someone just about weekly (typically, on Fridays). Everyone enjoyed the levity and was good natured about it; it was the most fun I've ever had while in command.

wteceraser 08-23-2013 03:25 PM

Addison d ,I found out also on this forum that if you just put the parking brake to one click ,its not engagde here,you can lower or raise the top while going a slow speed .I do it all the time

cclive 08-23-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by wteceraser (Post 1584744317)
Addison d ,I found out also on this forum that if you just put the parking brake to one click ,its not engagde here,you can lower or raise the top while going a slow speed .I do it all the time

Same here...very convenient when moving slowly in heavy traffic.:thumbs:

Vette_DD 08-23-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by AddisonD (Post 1584743641)
I also thought drivers of automatics used their parking brake when stopped on an incline.

I do.

manic mike 08-23-2013 08:19 PM

Because I read this thread (and after starting to read this thread felt compelled to read the first thread and the attached letter) I feel I must add my $.02 worth.

Had the OP bought a C6 5 years ago with the same complaints and written a letter to Tadge Juechter in the spirit of suggestions for making a better future Corvette, that would have been fine. But what could Tadge's assistants do with this letter. Most of his complaints have been addressed in the C7. On top of that, the OP never asked Tadge or GM to do anything. How or why should they respond?

Then he comes onto this forum and bares his folly to the international online Corvette world and expects what?

I live in a small town in Colorado that has a higher than average percentage of senior population. We have a lot of folks over 75 who pull out in front of people and then drive down the road 10-20 mph slower than the speed limit. Now these good folks all think they are safe drivers. One thing that I know for sure is that these people who pull out in front of others and then creep down the road frustrating everyone behind them all lack good judgment.

The one thing I know for sure is the OP lacked good judgment in putting out so much private information out on cyber space, let alone a poor major purchase process followed up with a foolish letter in which he didn't ask for anything. :crazy2:

genair 08-23-2013 08:34 PM

this thread is AWESOME !!!