CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette" (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3325675-sequel-to-my-dissatisfaction-with-my-2013-corvette.html)

RHMinetti 08-19-2013 12:17 PM

Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette"

To those of you that have responded positively to my original post I sincerely thank you for your input. It is indeed appreciated.

To those of you that have responded negatively, including those of you that have used less than desirable language, please consider not responding at all in the future, certainly not if the response is going to be less than positive; it really serves no useful purpose.

There are, and always will be, those that are satisfied with the "status quo" and those of us that continue to push for positive change. Hopefully the positive change crowd will win out and make things better for everyone, not only where Corvettes are concerned.

Even one of your board members responded quite negatively to the original post and is apparently not in tune with any positive change nor, in my mind, is a progressive asset to your board in general.

I did not post the original post so I could be ridiculed but so that I could help bring about some positive change. I can see that most of the Corvette owners that responded are not of a "positive change" mindset.

Be that as it may, buying the Corvette may have been a mistake where my wife's capabilities are concerned, and some of my desires, but joining this "Forum" may have indeed been my biggest mistake.

Again, thank you to those that have responded positively, you are a credit to this Forum. Stay in there and continue to provide valuable input, in spite of the "naysayers".

Sincerely,

Richard H Minetti

Vette_DD 08-19-2013 07:50 PM

This is a forum and members are allowed to post their comments on anything that's posted. If any posts contain personal attacks or hostility or inappropriate language, report them using the red triangle icon under their username.

dvilin 08-19-2013 07:58 PM

:yawn:

Scott2.0 08-19-2013 08:05 PM

You didn't really think that your letter was capable of changing the current model Corvette, did you? You must be aware that the C7 is right around the corner and that it includes some of the niceties which you didn't realize were not a part of your C6 until after you signed on the dotted line, right?

Your original post was nothing more than you trying to get justification for a making a completely uninformed purchasing decision. It backfired in that everyone told you the truth; your purchase lacked any research whatsoever. The letter you wrote was completely absurd and was worthy of tough criticism. People showed far more decorum than you deserved and you got off easy IMO.

michaelinmech 08-19-2013 08:11 PM

Be kind to yourself and 'lighten up Francis' - this is an internet chat car forum, nothing worth raising your blood pressure over . . . . :thumbs:

Revette 08-19-2013 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2.0 (Post 1584711256)
You didn't really think that your letter was capable of changing the current model Corvette, did you? You must be aware that the C7 is right around the corner and that it includes some of the niceties which you didn't realize were not a part of your C6 until after you signed on the dotted line, right?

Your original post was nothing more than you trying to get justification for a making a completely uninformed purchasing decision. It backfired in that everyone told you the truth; your purchase lacked any research whatsoever. The letter you wrote was completely absurd and was worthy of tough criticism. People showed far more decorum than you deserved and you got off easy IMO.

Scott2.0, I have to agree with your analysis of Mr. Minetti's complaints about the C6 Corvette. In reading his letter to GM, every point that is brought up as a negative is information that has been discussed for many years on this forum (and others dealing with Corvettes) and comes as no great surprise to any of us who own the current Corvette.

I think I would consider Mr. Minetti a troll from another car forum (maybe the Prius forum) as someone with the work background he has indicated in his profile would be much more astute when spending hard earned dollars for an automobile and would know the shortcomings of the candidate before purchasing..

glenB 08-19-2013 08:17 PM

Positive change... lets see, oh yes, the C6 production has ended

After reading the post about 'positive change' it reminds me of someone's else's 'Positive Change' ....

red2012 08-19-2013 08:17 PM

I read all the replies to the original thread and quite frankly I think he got off easy. I still somehow think it's a joke in as much it is that absurd.

Sunset-C6 08-19-2013 08:18 PM

Then Go buy a foreign car & leave us alone....

ProfessorDeath 08-19-2013 08:30 PM

A rant about the car then a rant about the forum members themselves? You must have lived a sheltered life filled with rainbows and unicorns where everything is perfect and no one disagrees with your opinion. Back here in the real world, it's part of being an adult.

By proxy, simply posting on a free, public forum you're inviting any and all comments, positive or contrary. It's understood.

gar4403 08-19-2013 08:32 PM

Totally ludicrous aside from the paint issue.

m kraz 08-19-2013 08:34 PM

go away :thumbs:

Scott2.0 08-19-2013 08:35 PM

I say stick around. This is entertaining as hell!

su8pack1 08-19-2013 08:40 PM

:cry:cry:nopity

noz34me 08-19-2013 08:40 PM

I am always amused by people that post something obviously controversial, then whine when everyone doesn't agree with them.

I think there's room in "Pleasantville" for ya!

R&L's C6 08-19-2013 08:41 PM

This is one of those times where maybe you need to question yourself and your opinions. I have only been on here a few years, but I can tell you the vast majority of these guys are pretty straight forward and really a good group of guys. If they thought your complaints had merit, most would have been there to support you. You have to ask yourself, if a group of your peers (as in Corvette owners) think your being petty, could they be right?

Jim2003 08-19-2013 08:45 PM

I have a 2013 C6, I traded my 03 C5 for the C6. My car is an early run 13, the vin ends in 327, so mine was made spring of 2012.

There is a quantum leap of difference between my 03 (which I ordered) and my 13 (which I ordered). There is nothing perfect in the world except the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. Cars are not people they are things. I do not expect my vette to be perfect. It is the best new car I have owned in my 69 years of life. I have had one problem, the alignment was off. The dealer did an alignment and it still pulled to the left, so they put a new tire on it and that cured the problem.

On the other hand my 03 was in the shop to often for my liking. I constantly had the left seal leak on the half shaft. The dealer messed up my differential and they had to put a new one on the car. The reverse lock out did not lock out the shifter going into 5th.

I feel that after 9 model years of making the C6 they have it down to a fine art. My 13 is just about as good as a car can be made. I now have 9873 trouble free miles on the car. I get 18 to 21 mpg in town and 27 to 30 mpg on the highway. I am one happy camper.

ck9887 08-19-2013 08:45 PM

I expected a letter full of complaints about the build quality.... Which I would understand and many might agree if that was the case. But I don't understand how you are that concerned with the lack of features yet you still bought the car.

I'm sure you did your research before spending $60K on a vehicle. Weren't you aware of how the car came equipped and its features.

I understand how you might think a $60K + car should have more standard features but for me personally, I don't want all of the electronic crap. More problems in the long run and added weight which is not needed on a sports car. It seems most of your complaints have probably been addressed with the C7, yet people complain (myself included) about the added weight to the car and will stick to the less technologically advanced C6.

The Corvette is a sports car, not a luxury grand touring car.

Also, the brake dust issue shouldn't be a complaint. Any sports car with a good brake pad is going to have lots of dust. Your Prius doesn't dust as much because it doesn't have a performance pad on it.

Red12 08-19-2013 08:53 PM

I still like my Vette

RekaRoyal 08-19-2013 09:07 PM

I won't necessarily be positive, but I will be constructive about your letter and suggested improvements.

An electro-mechanical roof latch, fully power adjusting steering wheel, and rear view camera would add weight and cost to one of the most high-performance and cost effective products in the automobile industry. Simply not a trade off that most of us informed Corvette consumers would consider an improvement.

I personally agree with you on the electric windows going up and down automatically. Cars at a much lower price point offer this feature and it's silly that it was left off later years of the C6. I'm curious if this will be part of the C7 package. I certainly hope so.

I also agree regarding the e-brake lever, but it's a pretty small gripe and my 5'5" wife has no trouble activating the e-brake to its intended purpose.

The brake dust and low front end are a symptom of the intended purpose of the car. Compromising performance for less frequent cleaning or less nose rubbing is a trade off best left to the luxury segment (like most/all of your suggestions). Your car is in the performance segment, and these things go with the territory.

You may not have discovered that the fuel cap door has a hook to suspend the fuel cap away from the car's body. It is well designed and works as intended to prevent scuffing the finish.

My advice is to live with the car for awhile and then evaluate a C7 when they become available. Perhaps time and iterative development will progress the product to meet more of your (and your wife's needs). At the very least, a constructive letter to the designers will have some possibility of impact on a current product, rather than complaining about a product that is obsolete.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

DAFFYDRUNK 08-19-2013 09:14 PM

I saw this and just enrolled my gf in weight training so we don't have any issues with the roof. I even have a plan for the targa if that's the way we go. I'll put the car in the yard and she can practice with the targa top. That way if it ends up on the ground while she practices it ends up in the grass and not on the driveway. I'm sure she can operate the e brake but this is a family forum and I can't tell you how I came to that conclusion.

phileaglesfan 08-19-2013 09:37 PM

Did you say in the other thread that you "should have bought a Carrera S? Seriously! I could only imagine how many complaints you would have on a car that starts at $100k before the book of options.

My wife is 4'11" tall and had no problem closing the lid on our GS Vert. The forward latch actually is easy when it is broken in (new fabric is real stiff). The primary goal of the front latch is too keep the roof on the car in strong winds (I can tell you it is good at even 130 MPH).

Gas cap issue was fixed by GM. Yes, you have to be careful with the front lip and it doesn't have a rear view camera. The radio system is actually 9 years old (which you didn't complain about the stereo which is a common fault). Sorry, this doesn't have increased road height like certain cars. Watch out for curbs and potholes also.

Brake dust? I'm guessing you have a GS/427. Stock pads will generate a lot of dust. If they are not then you have a problem. Warning! They will also start squealing and this is considered normal by GM. GM didn't use ceramics because the Corvette owner couldn't push their car as much as they want on a track with ceramic brakes.

Never heard a problem about the ebrake handle.

Yes my daughter's Sonic's ($15k car) has auto up windows. Who cares? Steering wheel does adjust automatically just not up and down. Both are simple in operation though.

I'm trying to remember about the other items you commented on but too be honest you probably shouldn't have mentioned that you drive a Prius.

I didn't see anyone that was really out of line in your original thread. I heard worst in church to be honest.

There are a few things you missed that are common. Tire wear is pitiful. You may get 10k miles, 15k if you are lucky. Tire noise from the OEM tires is pitiful if it says Goodyear on the side. Stock tires are terrible in rain and borderline dangerous when it is cold out. Seats are not great on the track. XM sounds like it has a muffler on it. You will wonder why your Vert (I'm guessing GS) gets low gas mileage compared to what others report or what the sticker says. Your drinks and anything you put in the center console will get warm.

All these topics are discussed a lot on this forum. Welcome to the forum I guess.

J Christensen 08-19-2013 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584707470)
To those of you that have responded positively to my original post I sincerely thank you for your input. It is indeed appreciated.

To those of you that have responded negatively, including those of you that have used less than desirable language, please consider not responding at all in the future, certainly not if the response is going to be less than positive; it really serves no useful purpose.

There are, and always will be, those that are satisfied with the "status quo" and those of us that continue to push for positive change. Hopefully the positive change crowd will win out and make things better for everyone, not only where Corvettes are concerned.

Even one of your board members responded quite negatively to the original post and is apparently not in tune with any positive change nor, in my mind, is a progressive asset to your board in general.

I did not post the original post so I could be ridiculed but so that I could help bring about some positive change. I can see that most of the Corvette owners that responded are not of a "positive change" mindset.

Be that as it may, buying the Corvette may have been a mistake where my wife's capabilities are concerned, and some of my desires, but joining this "Forum" may have indeed been my biggest mistake.

Again, thank you to those that have responded positively, you are a credit to this Forum. Stay in there and continue to provide valuable input, in spite of the "naysayers".

Sincerely,

Richard H Minetti

Richard,

I agree with your post...

something a professor taught me some years ago and I saw her put into practice:

Neither lack of education no lack of up-bringing excuse bad manners.

michaelinmech 08-19-2013 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by J Christensen (Post 1584712149)
Richard,

I agree with your post...

something a professor taught me some years ago and I saw her put into practice:

Neither lack of education no lack of up-bringing excuse bad manners.

^ Perhaps a remedial course with the Prof, on capitalization, spelling, and punctuation, would be good ?!

:thumbs:

Greg00Coupe 08-19-2013 10:09 PM

Interesting points of view. A couple of observations. First two problems I see with GM is they tend to clean sheet a new design and second they do not make significant updates to designs to a new versions comes out. As an example my 00 Cadi had a remote release e brake when the shifter dropped out of P. My 05 did not. Why? A new team worked up the 05 and never reviewed the good points of the previous generation. The NAVI in the Cadi an 05 poor design is the same I have in my 13 GS. What a disappointment.

BUT it is a 50 60 K car.

When I looked at the C7 I was motivated to look at Jaguar and Porsche. WOW for twice the money.........yeah I'd expect more......a lot more!!!!

The C7 addresses a lot of the issues you point out. Unfortunately you bought a car with a dated design. Came out in 04 and not really updated for 9 years. But the C6 is so much a C5 so the dating goes back even longer.

GM does listen however they move slow.

Good luck.........

Steve_R 08-19-2013 10:16 PM

GM makes cars - including the Corvette - for one reason only; to make money. They've now sold over 200,000 C6 Corvettes; who knows how much profit that equates to. That's pretty successful for a car that some people whine and moan about incessantly. A Corvette is not for everyone any more than any other car. It sounds to me like the OP bought his C6 without doing any research at all, and then found out he doesn't like it. That's not GM's fault, that's the buyer's fault. Period.

To send a letter to GM asking for lots of changes to the C6 - after C6 production has permanently ended - is pretty funny.

Boomer111 08-19-2013 10:35 PM

While I too have some issues regarding the C6 I knew going in that some would exist. No car is perfect.

I was looking for the power and handling along with what, I still consider to be a great looking car.

I was a long time Porsche admirer and after being able to afford one and driving it was disillusioned.

On a lark I test drove a 08 C6 and immediately knew that this was what was missing with the previously owned E46 M3 and 350 Z Grand Touring as well as the 911.

I also wanted the least optioned car. The 1LT has all and more than I require.

My Son just bought a Lexus IS-F and it is a beautiful car but not what I would of bought nor what I want in a non daily driver, just to much glitz and options and most importantly a non V8.

Just some thoughts of a first time Corvette owner as well as a first American car purchaser since 1969.

The C6 does have some annoying faults but the thrill of driving this car trumps the shortcomings.

My budget was $100,000 and the $39,000 I paid ( new ) was money in the bank. I feel as if I had my cake and ate it too.

AddisonD 08-19-2013 10:46 PM

Good grief. I do feel sorry for you. Purchasing mistakes are not fun.

I am not offended that you don't like these cars. A lot of people don't like them. I know a lot of folks that can't really believe that I bought one.

But gee, man - that letter is just plain laughable. It would be analogous to buy a high-quality double barrel skeet gun, and then write to the manufacturer to point out all the reasons you were disappointed because it didn't perform like a 9MM semi-automatic pistol.

I suggest you write a letter to yourself, complaining about the major purchasing mistake you lead yourself into. How could you do that to yourself? I'd be disappointed in myself, too. Heck, I am upset anyway, because I bought a pair of pricey shoes a few weeks back, and after just one wearing I realized I made a mistake on how they fit my foot.

In any event, you really should sell the car quickly and get this over with.

Good luck with the sale.

LucaBrasiAZ 08-19-2013 10:54 PM

Are both of these threads a joke? The only thing you left out of your letter is your disappointment that the car doesn't steer automatically. Geeez :willy::crazy2:

4thC4at60 08-19-2013 11:36 PM

118,000 miles on my C6.... 600,000+ total miles in Corvettes

I have more than 300,000 miles in Porsches...

...more than 200,000 miles in BMWs...

...and, now, as of yesterday, more than 6,000 miles in a Ferrari...

...they're all cars.... just CARS...

Drive 'em, enjoy 'em, love 'em, sell 'em, trade 'em..... but never forget they're just cars...... :party:

ck9887 08-19-2013 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer111 (Post 1584712516)
My Son just bought a Lexus IS-F and it is a beautiful car but not what I would of bought nor what I want in a non daily driver, just to much glitz and options and most importantly a non V8.

Not to be off topic but the IS-F is a 5.0 V8. A very high tech motor with a much more complex design than the Corvette LS motors.

That being said, I just sold my IS-F and am awaiting the arrival of my C6 :thumbs:

Rogers 07 08-20-2013 12:05 AM

I just read your letter to GM and your original post. You are complaining about things that just dont suit you or your wife, These "gripes" you have are pointless since you must have or should have thought about them before you bought the Corvette. The car is a High Performace Sports Car designed to provide excitement and fun for the driver. It was not designed for nor should it have all that crap you think would make it better. Those are personal preference issues only and have ZERO impact on weather or not the Corvette is a quality car or not. :( You Sir, should never have purchased a Corvette, you fall far short of understanding the history and meaning of what owning a Corvette is all about.:thumbs:

Bill Dearborn 08-20-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rogers 07 (Post 1584713061)
I just read your letter to GM and your original post. You are complaining about things that just dont suit you or your wife, These "gripes" you have are pointless since you must have or should have thought about them before you bought the Corvette. The car is a High Performace Sports Car designed to provide excitement and fun for the driver. It was not designed for nor should it have all that crap you think would make it better. Those are personal preference issues only and have ZERO impact on weather or not the Corvette is a quality car or not. :( You Sir, should never have purchased a Corvette, you fall far short of understanding the history and meaning of what owning a Corvette is all about.:thumbs:

:iagree:

On top of that the one thing that GM has been good about is paying attention to the Corvette Customer. To the point they almost ruined it. As America's butts got larger and people complained about the seats being too constraining and uncomfortable because they held them in place they made seats that would fit the larger size but would no longer hold a person in place when going around a corner at .9 Gs. I thought the comparison to a Prius on brake dust was interesting since the Prius uses regenerative braking so it can recharge its battery. Yes, it has brake pads but they don't have to stop a car from 150+ mph.

Bill

AORoads 08-20-2013 12:26 AM

I kinda remember your original thread. I thought is was at best an unusual thread for what appeared to be an adult with some wits about them. But now you've gone and dispelled even that thought with this thread.

I don't know what your life experiences have been, but I do know some of the folks on this thread. Maybe not face to face or personally, but by their dozens and even hundreds of posts. So, you join in August of this year with whatever accumulated life experiences you have along with your brains, ability to research, number of prior cars you've had---and you blast the Corvette and now the CF members who criticized you.

You need to look in the mirror and ask your self: can all these people be wrong about me, or am I wrong about me? Scott2 in his first post on this thread sums it up.

In six plus years of being on here, I don't think there've been 25 posters who have said my C6 is perfect and has always been. The documented/posted issues are legion-AS THEY WOULD BE WITH ANY CAR. If you'd bothered to research a little on here, you'd have found that GM actually does monitor this place. You would have also found that you are not the first to say just about anything. Anything, that is, until you got to the part in this thread where you say this car may have been wrong for you and your wife, as well as coming on the Forum.

Well, gee, no one's going to pick on your wife, nor will I. But here's what you can do: sell the car and leave the Forum. Or continue to withstand the critique of those who probably know more about the car (and life) than you do, or that you have demonstrated, so far.

Torchsport 08-20-2013 01:00 AM

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...ket_20306_.jpg...

HOXXOH 08-20-2013 03:12 AM

Has the OP left the building?

Just to relate my experience that somewhat parallels to OP, here's how my C6 ownership started.

Took a 1/2 mile test drive in Phoenix. Joined the forum and ordered one with the options I wanted from a forum dealer in MI. Flew to MI to take delivery. Proceeded to drive it home.

I really didn't know much about the car, how it worked, or any of the good/bad points that get discussed here. By the time the car was built, I was learning from what I read here. When my wife and I flew to pick up the car with 4 suitcases and our fingers crossed that they'd fit. I paid cash for the car simply because I could.

My wife asked me on the flight, what I would do if I didn't like the car. I told here I'd sell it as soon as we got back home. Even though the alternator died, had a flat tire at 800 miles, and it rained 23 of the 30 days and took us 5,500 miles before being in it's own garage, I learned to love it despite the problems and faults.

The difference between me and the OP, is that I was willing to sell and buy something else if I didn't like what I bought. No need to complain about a purchasing error, especially to the manufacturer. I never complained to the parents of my 2 ex-wives either.:lol:

Uncle Meat 08-20-2013 05:09 AM

Sounds to me like you should have bought a CTS-V and not a Vette.

U.M.

yellowGS 08-20-2013 06:29 AM

This must be a troll

I just read the original post and the follow up. His complaints compare the Vette to a Prius. Really? His wife can't operate any of the vehicle components, but they didn't check this before shelling out 60k?

Funny thing is we could send a dissatisfaction letter to GM with REAL complaints and the letter would be really long, but I still love my Vette.

This is a corvette forum for people who love there vettes. Sell it, get one of those new 60k Porches with all the bells and whistles....wait.....You can't get another high performance car like the Corvette for 60k!!!!!

:troll:smash:

RHMinetti 08-20-2013 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by mrmtrtrnd (Post 1584708579)
Richard I thought and maybe some others did also that the post was from someone in a Porsche Forum trying to stir up trouble, that kind of thing does happen. I don't think anyone on this Forum thinks the Corvette is the best car in the world or that car couldn't be improved. The thing is with every improvement comes added cost and many times added weight, with added weight comes less performance. The Corvette is more about performance than luxury and goes toe to toe with cars that cost much more to buy and operate. When you match or better the performance of cars costing two or three times as much then you must give up some of the things you think should be standard. Sounds like your looking more for a Boulevard cruiser with all the bells and whistles than a performance car so maybe you did pick the wrong car. That doesn't make the vette any less of the very fine car that it is, you just didn't do your homework before buying. The C7 will be a big improvement over the C6 and when the C8 comes along it will be even better C7 so these cars are always getting better. Maybe you should look into a Mercedes or Audi, just be prepared to pay more and get less performance.

Thank you for your informative response. I did buy the car as a "Boulevard Cruiser" and while I don't think some of the things I mentioned should be standard, for the buyers like me they should have at least been optional.

I would like to have had a better mechanical advantage when using the emergency brake. That would mean it should be in-line with and directly under my right arm or on the left side of the console. Someone replied that if the emergency brake was on the left side of the console it would interfere with the shift lever. When you are running the brake handle would be down and out of the way, and since I have shift paddles on my steering wheel there would be no interference.

The other items were, I thought, to improve the car.

I could go on but, oh well, I tried.

Richard

mcandrew67 08-20-2013 07:09 AM

I think personally, that the Corvette, or this forum isn't for you.
Any performance car is going to have brake dust, is going to be lower than a normal car, and at the price range of the corvette, is not going to be a boulevard cruiser with all the luxury items you want.
Maybe next time you should do your homework before buying a sports car.

Just as you had the freedom of speech to air your opinion of the Corvette
and the members of this forum, they have the same freedom to air their opinion of you and your threads.

JMGNMMG 08-20-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584713856)
Thank you for your informative response. I did buy the car as a "Boulevard Cruiser" and while I don't think some of the things I mentioned should be standard, for the buyers like me they should have at least been optional.

I would like to have had a better mechanical advantage when using the emergency brake. That would mean it should be in-line with and directly under my right arm or on the left side of the console. Someone replied that if the emergency brake was on the left side of the console it would interfere with the shift lever. When you are running the brake handle would be down and out of the way, and since I have shift paddles on my steering wheel there would be no interference.

The other items were, I thought, to improve the car.

I could go on but, oh well, I tried.

Richard

Richard,

I've read all of the posts on your first and second thread and feel compelled to address some of your points.

I may be a newer member to the forum, but, I am a car enthusiast, like many on this forum. This forum is a Corvette Forum, which by default means that it is filled with Corvette enthusiasts. To say that joining this forum was an even worse mistake was just insulting. Why, because virtually no one agreed with your assessment.

Everyone who responded made incredibly valid points. A little research on your part would of went a long way. The C6 in all it's current iterations is what it is: a powerful, well balanced, sharp handling sports car that happens to get between 25 and 30 mpg on the highway. As other members have articulated, it wouldn't take much effort to find out what the flaws are on a C6. Yes, to name a few: tire wear is awful, the ride is sometimes harsh over uneven surfaces, the stereo hasn't changed in nine years and the navigation is equivalent to a first generation Garmin.

But, here's the thing, we all knew this and we still decided to move forward with our acquisition. All of us could of waited until the C7 came out and had many, if not all of our gripes addressed. We chose not to, we wanted a drivers car, one that requires a bit of concentration and one where you'll derive a tremendous amount of satisfaction from.

Sell the car if you don't like it, but, I can tell you first hand: '06 911 4S Cabriolet, '07 BMW 335i convertible, '08 BMW M3 Convertible, '09 Cadillac CTS-V, '09 Cayenne Turbo S, '10 WRX STI, '11 Audi S4 and a '12 SRT8 Grand Cherokee; all high performance vehicles and all producing high levels of brake dust. It comes with the territory.

My advice to you is go test drive a new C7 when they come out. Then head over to Braman Motorcars or Champion Motors and test drive a 911 that has all the same options as the Corvette. After your done, ask yourself if you were able to notice a $60-$70,000 difference? That is the whole point behind a Corvette. You are achieving world class performance and handling for a fraction of the cost of the European competition.

To me, if you want a top down "boulevard" cruiser and money isn't an issue, buy a Mercedes SL or a new Jaguar F series. They should have all the panache and compliance that you are looking for.

Until then, if your going to stay on this forum, I would suggest playing a little nicer with the group.

Be well.

icntdrv55 08-20-2013 08:18 AM

An interesting discussion. I'll post my buying experience simply to make a point about being a knowledgeable buyer.

I'm not!!! At least, not in the traditional sense. I recently bought my first Vette at 62--a '13 GS M6 vert. Only Vette I'd EVER driven in my life was my buddy's C2, a '66 coupe with a built 427 that ran low 11s at the strip. That was in the early 70s, when I was 21-22ish. I've been DREAMING OF OWNING THIS CAR for 45+ years!

When I found the car I wanted at a local dealer, I stopped in and started the negotiations. The salesman offered multiple times to take me for a test drive, but I said "No thanks." He even stated that he didn't want to sell me a car I'd never driven. Basically, I told him that I'd been a gear head all my life, I knew as much or more about the car than most salesmen, and that no matter how the car drove or what would surprise me about the car, I really didn't need to take it for a spin first because I was buying a Vette. It's not a sedan, a truck, a station wagon, a minivan or any other set of wheels--the experience of owning a Vette is more than simply how it drives, or the comfort of the seats, or the shape of the body, or the sound of the engine and the exhaust. The sum of the vehicle experience is far greater than the total of the individual parts themselves, so what would a test drive accomplish?

Are there some things I'd like to change already? Sure. Was I surprised by a few of quirks in the C6? Yup. Am I having more fun with my new car than an 18 yo in a strip club with a pocket full of singles? What do YOU think?

IrishSpuds 08-20-2013 08:31 AM

Minnelli - Kentucky is famous for Corvettes and horses. You apparently made the wrong call. Even the cheapest of horses creates no brake dust, steering is easily adjustable and rear view is unobstructed negating the rear camera requirement. Now the rear hatch and gas are separate issues..

AimHigh 08-20-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Red12 (Post 1584711645)
I still like my Vette

:iagree: darn right

JC7 08-20-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jim2003 (Post 1584711571)
I have a 2013 C6, I traded my 03 C5 for the C6. My car is an early run 13, the vin ends in 327, so mine was made spring of 2012.

There is a quantum leap of difference between my 03 (which I ordered) and my 13 (which I ordered). There is nothing perfect in the world except the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. Cars are not people they are things. I do not expect my vette to be perfect. It is the best new car I have owned in my 69 years of life. I have had one problem, the alignment was off. The dealer did an alignment and it still pulled to the left, so they put a new tire on it and that cured the problem.

On the other hand my 03 was in the shop to often for my liking. I constantly had the left seal leak on the half shaft. The dealer messed up my differential and they had to put a new one on the car. The reverse lock out did not lock out the shifter going into 5th.

I feel that after 9 model years of making the C6 they have it down to a fine art. My 13 is just about as good as a car can be made. I now have 9873 trouble free miles on the car. I get 18 to 21 mpg in town and 27 to 30 mpg on the highway. I am one happy camper.

Well Said!:smash:

Boomer111 08-20-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ck9887 (Post 1584712973)
Not to be off topic but the IS-F is a 5.0 V8. A very high tech motor with a much more complex design than the Corvette LS motors.

That being said, I just sold my IS-F and am awaiting the arrival of my C6 :thumbs:

Ya my bad, senior moment, I was thinking about the E46 M3. Still though the IS-F does not accelerate like the C6 regarding TQ. Love the seats and fit/finish, it is a gorgeous car compared to the C6 interior. Just not as much fun to drive!

wayback 08-20-2013 10:43 AM

To go along with the OP's complaints I have a few of my own.

1) Rock chips on the nose and side mirrors. At 106,000 miles I have 2 small rock chips on the nose and a few more on the side views.:toetap:
Can't GM do a better job than this?

2) My car had to be taken in for repair 2 times in the above mileage. How dare GM produce a high powered sports car that is so unreliable?
Only good part was my car could be driven in for service and never left me stranded. But OMG 2 trips in 6 yrs?????:ack:

3) Final complaint: Why does my gas mileage drop when my right foot turns to lead? Can't I get the same gas mileage all the time? GM needs to work on this!!!:toetap:

:lol::lol::lol::hide:

brooklync5 08-20-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Scott2.0 (Post 1584711256)

:iagree: 100%. To the OP do your research next time. No what it is your buying before you buy it. Read forums like this one. It can be a very helpful tool when trying to get to know a vehicle. Good luck with whatever decisions you make in the furture.

csf 08-20-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584715355)

1) Rock chips on the nose and side mirrors. At 106,000 miles I have 2 small rock chips on the nose and a few more on the side views.:toetap:

2) My car had to be taken in for repair 2 times in the above mileage. How dare GM produce a high powered sports car that is so unreliable?
Only good part was my car could be driven in for service and never left me stranded. But OMG 2 trips in 6 yrs?????:ack:

3) Final complaint: Why does my gas mileage drop when my right foot turns to lead? Can't I get the same gas mileage all the time? GM needs to work on this!!!:toetap:

I was thinking of writing to GM to complain that I bought a silver C6 when I meant to buy a Cyber Gray. My wife said that would be embarrassing. Now I've got a story for her. :lol:

Craig

2vette2 08-20-2013 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1584715355)

And I have to change my oil every so often. :cheers:

sav426 08-20-2013 11:29 AM

Original Poster why didnt you tell GM the button to open the doors to get out are to far and your wife would have to ever exert herself to get out. You could demand them to redesign YOUR interior!

Great forum, try being a member of the community instead of posting your buyers remorse letter and expecting us to agree with you.

WE LOVE OUR CORVETTES for what they are, unlike yourself who has a Corvette and wants EVERYTHING changed about it.

Go away theres a brake dustless Prius out there waiting for you.

TexasYankee 08-20-2013 11:37 AM

Out of curiosity I read the original thread expecting a flame war. I was surprised to see that with the exception of one post, it was very civil.

To the OP, providing so much personal information on any forum is probably not wise. Identity thieves and other rascals have played havoc with much less info.

Also, participating on Internet forums requires a certain amount of thick skin. Not everyone will agree with you.

At any rate OP, good luck and :cheers:

pleadingbark 08-20-2013 12:05 PM

if you think a c6 is crap go drive a c5 and get back to me.

KneeDragr 08-20-2013 12:15 PM

Richard H Minetti

Hey Richard, your letter to GM was one of the funniest things I have seen posted on this forum. Im sure GM got a good laugh as well.

The 'b1tch' that your 'no compromise sports car' generates a lot of brake dust compared to your Prius, ROFL! Also, purchasing it as an investment! OMG I was laughing out loud.

Thanks for the comedy relief, good stuff there.

Tide Will Roll! 08-20-2013 12:41 PM

I would like to see the first draft of the letter before the OP edited out all the other things he was probably also going to whine about.

Like the cupholder:willy:

I bet Tadge's assistant and her coworkers got a huge laugh from that letter. They probbaly took turns pretending to wipe each others butts with it:eek:

GreginNH 08-20-2013 12:56 PM

My guess is that the letter to GM is based on a template - used for virtually everything else the OP purchased. I am sure that Maytag, Sony and Dell got the same kind of letters!

Having owned more than 50 cars (with many of them being German sports cars), I can say that the C6 is without question the best value out there - bar none. I guess we all cut GM a little slack for the minor quirks in design or build quality as the fun factor quickly overtakes any complaints (at least for most people).

Tally Ho 08-20-2013 01:41 PM

I just read the OP's letter and here's my take on things.

1. The top latch is manual because not every convertible came with a power top. A standardised latch saves money.

2. The trunk does not need an electric pull down. It's plenty light and I have had no issues with either of my cars.

3. Having an up express function on the windows would have been nice but seriously it only takes a few seconds for the windows to go back up. This will not be an issue on the C7.

4. Both of my cars have a hook on the fuel door to hold the cap and keep it from hitting the car. Either yours is missing or you're doing it wrong.

5. No issues with trunk paint chipping on the 06 or the 13. I use my trunk a lot so if was going to chip it would have. Any chance you are hitting the surface when putting stuff in or taking it out?

6. Rear view camera. Nice to have. I'll give you this one. The C7 will have one.

7. Front proximity warning. Bump it once, you'll never do it again. I've been driving Vettes since 1985. Only did it once.

8. Door panel scuffs. I'll give you that as well. I rectified it in both cars by adding the plastic piece that fits over the panel. Problem solved.

Despite its shortcomings to its Euro competition costing thousands of dollars more, I'd still rather have the Vette over the others. I have wheel time behind some of the best Europe (M6, SL65, 911TT, XKR) has to offer and still feel the C6 gives me the best bang for the buck.

theblackvette 08-20-2013 02:01 PM

Has the OP posting any pictures of the corvette?

I for one would like to see it especially the dust. Best regards.

:cheers:

Scott2.0 08-20-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584717059)
Has the OP posting any pictures of the corvette?

I for one would like to see it especially the dust. Best regards.

He's busy writing a letter to CF about the difficult picture posting process.

corvetteflier 08-20-2013 02:20 PM

I read your first post and replies and quite frankly think you made a mistake by not taking a test drive and using all the features you have had a problem with. As JimTN said, posts are open to a variety of replies and some aren't always that polite, if sincere. I'm sorry you feel you were dealt with harshly at times, but as stated in a civil manner by many members, you bear the burden of the reasons behind your dissatisfaction, something the vast majority of us don't share. At the end of the day, you don't have to keep the Corvette. You'd take a hit dollar-wise, but if you'd be happier with another car it's quite simple to see a solution. Good luck.

Landru 08-20-2013 02:49 PM

...but joining this "Forum" may have indeed been my biggest mistake.

Your call,.
Richard, CF is on the Internet.
IF you expected a legion of Dr. Phils, no wonder you're disillusioned.

OK enough already pal, where's the sequels!!
LOVE sequels w/ stone ground mustard, on your tab of course. :leaving:

mcandrew67 08-20-2013 02:51 PM

I am beginning to think Richards last name is Cranium.....

Scott2.0 08-20-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1584717483)
Your call,.
Richard, CF is on the Internet.
IF you expected a legion of Dr. Phils, no wonder you're disillusioned.

OK enough already pal, where's the sequels!!
LOVE sequels w/ stone ground mustard, on your tab of course. :leaving:

I have to ask, what are sequels that you'd put mustard on?

brooklync5 08-20-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2.0 (Post 1584717207)

:rofl: that made me laugh

theblackvette 08-20-2013 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2.0 (Post 1584717207)

Clearly the OP is disatisfied. Some question if he is genuine and "use the word troll" The fact that he became a supporting member his first month speaks volumes. So there is no feeding the troll here.

I am interested in learning more about the brake dust. The best way would be through pictures. I have never had a LOT of brake dust on my rims from any of my C6's I owned, including the most recent one I have now.

Yes, there is brake dust that gets on it, but not to the point it would drive me bananas. They are a pain but it goes with owning a C6 corvette. On top of that I have only had black corvettes. Makes it even tougher to keep clean.

All I want is to hear the story about the brakes. All the other stuff, yes could have been checked out during a test drive, etc. but I like to see how bad the brake dust is. I would like to see pictures if possible. This seemed to really upset the OP the most. Thank you and best regards.

Turbo6TA 08-20-2013 04:22 PM

You guys are wasting your time ..... The OP's not coming back to this thread.

theblackvette 08-20-2013 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1584718310)
You guys are wasting your time ..... The OP's not coming back to this thread.

I hope you are incorrect. I really would like to hear more about the brake dust. It has me really thinking. I know for certain I will be looking very carefully at my rims now. I just got my C6 earlier in the year but so far nothing too crazy.

Crossofiron 08-20-2013 04:54 PM

What we have here is the best and worst of the internet

Well I have read all the posts here and I am on other "Forums" as they say. The issue is that anyone can say anything on a Forum without any real human interaction or consequence. 15 years ago, this guy could have walked into a Corvette club meeting and gone on with his "comments". I rather doubt that he would but those days are gone. Buying a car is a very personal decision and folks are fairly defensive about it. That being said, I do not know why anyone would go that car's Forum and blast it in a uninformed manner. Takes all kinds and I say that he deserved whatever grief he got. If he does not like it here, he can just leave.

TLS_Addict 08-20-2013 05:00 PM

I love Corvettes in general and love my 2013 C6 but if I was a stickler for high build quality and interior parts I would have probably sold my car.

nate1121 08-20-2013 05:09 PM

This entire saga is a painful display of how thinking in the world is changing for the worse... OP is unhappy with a car that he bought without doing what most of us would call MINIMAL reasearch... and yet, it's the car companies fault? Wrong. It's a free market. You choose when and where to spend your money. Are there flaws with the Corvette? Of course. There always have been and there always will be. Find a vehicle, or ANY product for that matter, that is perfect and I will call you a liar. I have a background (and degree's) in industrial design (product design/engineering) and I can tell you that products are what they are for a reason. Sometimes that reason is simply poor design or laziness... sometimes that reason is financial... and sometimes that reason is function over form. A good design team will always do their best to create a product that meets the needs of the intended consumer while also maintaing a budget. There are plenty of things we all wish were different about the current/past Corvettes, but at the end of the day, we buy them because they are the absolute best pure sports car on the market for the money... and we certainly DON'T buy them because the windows go up on their own...

So, OP, take this as you may... It is out right idiotic to think that GM, or any other car manufacturer for that matter, gives ANY thought to the comments of an uneducated, unengaged consumer like you have shown yourself to be. Please do youself a service and do not humiliate youself again without at least reading over the options sheet of your next purchase and, perhaps, even taking it for a ride around the dealership parking lot before deciding to purcahse. You will be a much happier consumer and one poor customer service representative will have one less mindless e-mail to delete.

IrishSpuds 08-20-2013 05:18 PM

I think we're gonna need a bigger boat..

Vette_DD 08-20-2013 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds (Post 1584718786)
I think we're gonna need a bigger boat..

:rofl::rofl:

duckvett 08-20-2013 05:41 PM

Mr. Minetti,
You had what seemed to be a legitimate offer to buy your Corvette in your first post regarding your dissatisfaction with Corvettes and GM. You also stated that because of this dreadful situation you would never, ever buy another American car. Here's an idea........take the offer to buy your Corvette, that will make a nice down-payment on a Rolls-Royce or Bentley.

Goodbye :woohoo:

KneeDragr 08-20-2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by nate1121 (Post 1584718718)
This entire saga is a painful display of how thinking in the world is changing for the worse... OP is unhappy with a car that he bought without doing what most of us would call MINIMAL reasearch... and yet, it's the car companies fault?

Exactly, the OP expects the world to change to his liking - what obscene arrogance!

If he wants a custom car, go to a car builder and spend a few 100k getting every single thing he wants in his special car, Im sure if he spends enough he will get pretty close.

How anyone can buy a production vehicle and then write a dissatisfaction letter because GM was not clairvoyant enough to know exactly the features he wanted designed into his car is absurd.

R&L's C6 08-20-2013 07:55 PM

Sequel to "My Dissatisfaction with my 2013 Corvette"

Wow, this sequel isn't ending any better than the feature did....:rofl:

RHMinetti 08-20-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tally Ho (Post 1584716881)
I just read the OP's letter and here's my take on things.

1. The top latch is manual because not every convertible came with a power top. A standardised latch saves money.

2. The trunk does not need an electric pull down. It's plenty light and I have had no issues with either of my cars.

3. Having an up express function on the windows would have been nice but seriously it only takes a few seconds for the windows to go back up. This will not be an issue on the C7.

4. Both of my cars have a hook on the fuel door to hold the cap and keep it from hitting the car. Either yours is missing or you're doing it wrong.

5. No issues with trunk paint chipping on the 06 or the 13. I use my trunk a lot so if was going to chip it would have. Any chance you are hitting the surface when putting stuff in or taking it out?

6. Rear view camera. Nice to have. I'll give you this one. The C7 will have one.

7. Front proximity warning. Bump it once, you'll never do it again. I've been driving Vettes since 1985. Only did it once.

8. Door panel scuffs. I'll give you that as well. I rectified it in both cars by adding the plastic piece that fits over the panel. Problem solved.

Despite its shortcomings to its Euro competition costing thousands of dollars more, I'd still rather have the Vette over the others. I have wheel time behind some of the best Europe (M6, SL65, 911TT, XKR) has to offer and still feel the C6 gives me the best bang for the buck.

Tally Ho,

Thank you much for the most productive answer to either of my posts. Too bad many of the others in the forum don't follow your example. I'll probably make my own modifications to please both my wife and myself. Too bad GM didn't have the foresight to address these issues long ago.

Thanks again.

Richard

BlueAngelSAE 08-20-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by nate1121 (Post 1584718718)
This entire saga is a painful display of how thinking in the world is changing for the worse... OP is unhappy with a car that he bought without doing what most of us would call MINIMAL reasearch... and yet, it's the car companies fault? Wrong. It's a free market. You choose when and where to spend your money. Are there flaws with the Corvette? Of course. There always have been and there always will be. Find a vehicle, or ANY product for that matter, that is perfect and I will call you a liar. I have a background (and degree's) in industrial design (product design/engineering) and I can tell you that products are what they are for a reason. Sometimes that reason is simply poor design or laziness... sometimes that reason is financial... and sometimes that reason is function over form. A good design team will always do their best to create a product that meets the needs of the intended consumer while also maintaing a budget. There are plenty of things we all wish were different about the current/past Corvettes, but at the end of the day, we buy them because they are the absolute best pure sports car on the market for the money... and we certainly DON'T buy them because the windows go up on their own...

So, OP, take this as you may... It is out right idiotic to think that GM, or any other car manufacturer for that matter, gives ANY thought to the comments of an uneducated, unengaged consumer like you have shown yourself to be. Please do youself a service and do not humiliate youself again without at least reading over the options sheet of your next purchase and, perhaps, even taking it for a ride around the dealership parking lot before deciding to purcahse. You will be a much happier consumer and one poor customer service representative will have one less mindless e-mail to delete.

:iagree::iagree:

Scott2.0 08-20-2013 08:00 PM

I bet he won't wave.

nous defions 08-20-2013 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scott2.0 (Post 1584720071)
I bet he won't wave.

LOL! That really made me "laugh out loud". I had to explain it to my wife as she asked what was so funny.

nous defions 08-20-2013 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584720048)
Tally Ho,

Thank you much for the most productive answer to either of my posts. Too bad many of the others in the forum don't follow your example. I'll probably make my own modifications to please both my wife and myself. Too bad GM didn't have the foresight to address these issues long ago.

Thanks again.

Richard

Richard,

I have to ask, and I hope you answer (as I'm really curious):

You didn't know any of these shortcomings prior to purchasing the vehicle? Did you test drive it? Did they offer to let you take it home for a bit while they did paperwork on it, etc?

ND

11Black-GS 08-20-2013 08:40 PM

Since the OP is still responding on this thread I would like to know this. In your letter you state: "...leaves a lot to be desired based upon what is available on other comparable vehicles in the same or lesser price range."

Please explain what vehicles and desirables you had in mind when you typed that statement. I do see where you compared the brake dust of the Corvette to your Prius but you are comparing apples to oranges.

Thank you

96GS#007 08-20-2013 08:51 PM

I needed a good laugh today and this thread delivered.

Thank goodness C6 production is over, what a POS. Can't believe I got suckered into buying one. Heaven forbid I had done any research and held myself accountable. After all, my brakes squeak, the seat support sucks on the race track, brake dust goes everywhere, the driver's seat creaks, and the interior fit and finish isn't perfect. But damn....even here in LA, the land of Ferrari, Lambo, and Maserati...I get thumbs-up on a regular basis and have some great conversations with genuine car people.

Oh...and I really enjoy passing those fancy German brands on the race track :thumbs:

FiremanC7 08-20-2013 09:06 PM

I agree!

Originally Posted by Jim2003 (Post 1584711571)

My 2013 was produced in October, 2012 and has been trouble free since delivery in November. I did months of research before I ordered my car and new exactly what I was getting. I have not been disappointed.

Bob D

michaelinmech 08-20-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584720024)
Wow, this sequel isn't ending any better than the feature did....:rofl:

^ And now my Popcorn is cold and my Soda is warm . . . . :sad:

AORoads 08-20-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584720706)
^ And now my Popcorn is cold and my Soda is warm . . . . :sad:

I hope you make that perfectly clear in your letter(s) to Pepsi and Orville Redenbacher. They will "thank you for your support." :thumbs:

michaelinmech 08-20-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1584720740)
I hope you make that perfectly clear in your letter(s) to Pepsi and Orville Redenbacher. They will "thank you for your support." :thumbs:

^ Outstanding Idea - I can simply use the 'Minetti Draft' and just change the names of the accused and offending details.

Silverspeed 08-20-2013 09:37 PM

I can't stop laughing at the brake dust comments in the original letter, and the comment that non dusting pads would be "better". :rofl:. Just wow.

boraxman 08-20-2013 09:38 PM

Ibtl - the sequel

Jeff-Ford 08-20-2013 09:49 PM

I can see this becoming a Trilogy

AimHigh 08-20-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford (Post 1584721145)

All we need now is frodo and a ring....

R&L's C6 08-20-2013 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1584720740)

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584720844)
^ Outstanding Idea - I can simply use the 'Minetti Draft' and just change the names of the accused and offending details.

:lolg::lolg::lolg:

96GS#007 08-20-2013 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by AimHigh (Post 1584721373)

AimHigh, you may want to write a letter regarding your avitar, it appears the airbags have both unintentionally deployed :thumbs:

AimHigh 08-20-2013 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 96GS#007 (Post 1584721396)
AimHigh, you may want to write a letter regarding your avitar, it appears the airbags have both unintentionally deployed :thumbs:

And we can't find any replacements! Darn codes won't clear either!

Rogers 07 08-20-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 11Black-GS (Post 1584720420)
Since the OP is still responding on this thread I would like to know this. In your letter you state: "...leaves a lot to be desired based upon what is available on other comparable vehicles in the same or lesser price range."

Please explain what vehicles and desirables you had in mind when you typed that statement. I do see where you compared the brake dust of the Corvette to your Prius but you are comparing apples to oranges.

Thank you

I believe you are compairing Apples (Vettes) to Turds (Prius):cheers:

RHMinetti 08-20-2013 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by nous defions (Post 1584720418)
Richard,

I have to ask, and I hope you answer (as I'm really curious):

You didn't know any of these shortcomings prior to purchasing the vehicle? Did you test drive it? Did they offer to let you take it home for a bit while they did paperwork on it, etc?

ND

Of course I knew all the shortcomings with the exception of the copious brake dust. I was led to believe that the rag top hold down latch would loosen up but it hasn't. Also that the rear view camera could be incorporated into the current electronics. Also not true. I wanted GM to pay for replacing the brake pads with ceramic; I don't race this car. And since the racing stripe is starting to come loose, to pay for having the stripes painted on. I guess I trusted one too many people.

Richard

R&L's C6 08-20-2013 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by RHMinetti (Post 1584721690)
Of course I knew all the shortcomings with the exception of the copious brake dust. I was led to believe that the rag top hold down latch would loosen up but it hasn't. Also that the rear view camera could be incorporated into the current electronics. Also not true. I wanted GM to pay for replacing the brake pads with ceramic; I don't race this car. And since the racing stripe is starting to come loose, to pay for having the stripes painted on. I guess I trusted one too many people.

Richard

You certainly wont get them to paint them on but you definitely have the right to have new stripes put on if they're coming loose.

Supercrewbear 08-20-2013 10:55 PM

I've **GOT** to chime in before this sequel gets locked too. :lol:

I read all of the original post, all of the sequel plus the letter sent to GM....

I'm speechless... :crazy:

It's obviously "real". The only thing I can think of is why-o-why didn't the guy test drive the thing???? It sounds like he did a lot of assuming about the car.

When I bought my '10 GS I had never owned a Corvette before and had never driven a C6. I went to the airport in Dallas and picked up a Hertz Vette and kept it a couple days for a trip to Houston and back. I figured out then I could shut the hatch, take off the targa, etc. No surprises when my car arrived... :thumbs:

:flag:

APACHEDR1V3R 08-20-2013 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by AimHigh (Post 1584721455)
And we can't find any replacements! Darn codes won't clear either!

Hmm...trouble clearing the codes? Probably don't know how to drive a stick. lol.

OP - Sorry for your troubles but you can't hold others responsible for your choices and lack of personal responsibility. How could you avoid becoming an informed consumer these days? Seeing as you were able to use the internet, find this forum and share your gripes, it's obvious you had the ability to become better informed prior to purchasing.

We'd all love to live out a careless fantasy but those have more responsibility attached than anything else we do in life. I'm always looking for that next rodeo or one more tango to dance, but I don't run around blindly trusting others to make it come true for me.

By the way, if you separate your gripes(the things you chose to ignore when you purchased) from the real faults/failures, then apply a dose of reality, I'd bet a pocketful of nickels you'll find all the help you can stand on here, instead of grief.

Wildmanht 08-20-2013 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford (Post 1584721145)

Originally Posted by AimHigh (Post 1584721373)

My Precious!! Where is my Precious! :leaving:

michaelinmech 08-20-2013 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584721752)
You certainly wont get them to paint them on but you definitely have the right to have new stripes put on if they're coming loose.

^ Why does my mind envision Mr Minetti and his Corvette regularly at the High Pressure Car Wash and/or in his driveway with his Pressure Washer . . . . .

:banghead: