CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3325416-1962-corvette-stolen-in-pacific-grove.html)

ptjsk 08-18-2013 09:04 PM

1962 Corvette Stolen in Pacific Grove

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guy's,

Unfortunately, our 1962 Corvette (of 20 years), was stolen last night (August 17th, 2013).

We were in attendance of the Rolex Motorsports Re-union for the festivities. We stayed at a very nice Bed and Breakfast Inn located in Pacific Grove.

My wife and I went to dinner, returned about 08:30 hours.

Another guest at the inn arrived at approximately 09:30 hours and noticed the Corvette was not in the designated parking location.

They didn't think too much of it because it was still somewhat early.

Additionally, there were 8-10 people eating dinner not more than 20' from the car!!!!! Very bold on the thief's part!

Anyway, please be on the look-out for my car in the pictures provided.

The hood is very distinctive as well as the front wheels. The color is russo red and is much deeper red than appears in this photo.

This pic doesn't show the hardtop. Unfortunately I just placed the hardtop on the car after recently restoring the entire top!

A Police report has been filed with the Pacific Grove Police Department. PG1300883

Please contact me (owner), Pat 916 719-9442

Thank you in advance for any help. [ATTACH]47733165

70mph@2200rpm 08-18-2013 09:13 PM

Very sorry to hear.
On Friday night I had dinner at Peppers just a block from that B&B, and parked my vette on the street. While waiting 20 minutes to be seated, we walked down that main street, same side as that B&B, and there were about 6 vettes jam packed in a small restaurant parking lot, including a 59 and a 61...were you a part of that group?

ptjsk 08-18-2013 09:45 PM

No, it wasn't us. Kind of wish it was now!

jim lockwood 08-18-2013 09:50 PM

Well, damn, Pat, that stinks big time!!!

Your car is very distinctive and if I see it I'll report it immediately.

Do you need help getting back to Camino? We are at Casa de Fruta tonight. If you can get here, we'll give you a ride home tomorrow (Monday).

Jim

ptjsk 08-18-2013 11:38 PM

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the offer, but we did trailer our car down there. So we had the truck and an empty trailer to come home.

Still seems unbelievable to me.

Aside from my anger, I'm just feeling pretty low right now....

Pat

OldKarz 08-18-2013 11:43 PM

That blows big time! Hope the bastard gets caught, and then gets what is deserved! Good luck!! :thumbs:

00fxd 08-19-2013 12:23 AM

Sorry to hear that .... wish I could help.

ClipperFan 08-19-2013 02:42 AM

Oh wow, that thing is beautiful. Sorry to hear that it was stolen. If u get it back put a tracking device on it cause u know somebody is hiding it.

mhanley 08-19-2013 06:32 AM

Cameras

Did you happen to look in the area to see if there were any surveilance cameras that could help ?

Mike:cheers:

Mike Terry 08-19-2013 06:34 AM

I hope they catch the SOB that took your car. If caught they (the police) need to make an example of the person who took it. That sucks big time. I sure hope they find your car in good condition and you get it back. Again, sorry to hear about your loss.

Fawndeuce 08-19-2013 08:00 AM

Very sorry to hear, I can't begin to imagine how I would feel if it happened to me.
You may have already done this, but if it were me I'd post on every Corvette and vintage car forum that I could think of, including club boards, especially within a few hundred miles of Pacific Grove.
As you say, the hood an wheels make it spotable and distinctive to any car guy.
Please keep us posted and let us know if we can do anything to help.

Paul

65GGvert 08-19-2013 08:05 AM

How did they get it? Flatbed? Push, tow, hotwire? Hard to imagine no one saw a 62 red Corvette being taken any way other than driving.

C-1 Generation 2 08-19-2013 10:59 AM

So sorry to hear that. You have such a beautiful and distinctive car in present form. Unlikely that it would come this way but we will keep a look out for a 62 with cowl induction hood and a great stance. If we see any 62 somewhat similar will PM you a Vin.

Frankie the Fink 08-19-2013 11:02 AM

Very distinctive car and a darn tragedy it was stolen.
It could very well wind up overseas somewhere, unfortunately.
Another reason people should make sure their 'agreed upon' insurance values are up to snuff...but money won't replace a labor of love of course.

biggd 08-19-2013 11:25 AM

That suxs, I try not to let mine out of my sight but sometimes you let your guard down. It only takes a few minutes and poof, it's gone. If I have my wife with me I put her cell phone under the seat just in case so the GPS signal can be traced.

MrPbody 08-19-2013 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ptjsk (Post 1584703539)
Hey Guy's,

Unfortunately, our 1962 Corvette (of 20 years), was stolen last night (August 17th, 2013).

Oh man Pat. that sucks. I just saw your car a couple weeks ago at out Corvette show here in Grants Pass. beautiful car, and very distinctive. We'll certainly pass the word in this area to keep an eye out for it also.

Russ

1snake 08-19-2013 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 1584706841)
Another reason people should make sure their 'agreed upon' insurance values are up to snuff...but money won't replace a labor of love of course.

Good point Frank. Also be aware that many collector car/agreed value policies don't allow using your car for errands, etc. Leaving it unattended in a parking lot at a restaurant, grocery store etc. may not be covered.

Like someone posted above, I check every business in the area for surveillance cameras. The whole thing was most likely caught on camera.
Good luck.

kenmo 08-19-2013 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 1snake (Post 1584707181)
Good point Frank. Also be aware that many collector car/agreed value policies don't allow using your car for errands, etc. Leaving it unattended in a parking lot at a restaurant, grocery store etc. may not be covered.

Like someone posted above, I check every business in the area for surveillance cameras. The whole thing was most likely caught on camera.
Good luck.

That sucks big time...never amazes me how low some people will stoop.. Hoping you get your Vette back... It's a real beauty....

dahogan 08-19-2013 12:39 PM

That really hurts. I just cant imagine how that felt when you realized what had happened.

67vetteal 08-19-2013 12:51 PM

I suggest you contact your State Police Agency and try to establish a contact point. Having someone in Law Enforcement on your side can only Help. As has been pointed out, be very aggressive in advertising your cars looks by lots of Postings. There are many Corvette Forums to spread the word. Al W.