CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   What would you pay for a 2012 GS? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3324792-what-would-you-pay-for-a-2012-gs.html)

DanTheFireman 08-18-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584699291)
Sounds like you're the one letting personal taste cloud your opinion.

He's not saying the C6 will sell for more than a C7, he's saying that everyone who has got to have a C7 first will be taking a bath when they go to sell it because they paid sticker vs the C6 guy who is getting 16-20 grand off.

The C7 doesn't do it for me but if it did I still wouldn't pay sticker just to be the first on the block with it. It's bad enough when you buy a car at a discount and still get raped at trade in. I can only imagine what it's like when you pay sticker.

That is true, I waited until the third year to get a new C6Z at 6K off (16K if you added in the silly 10K dealer markup that some were still charging) but that was three years of not enjoying the car. This time around I'll enjoy it now, am well aware of the time vs. discount factor.

For the OP, it all depends which vehicle he prefers but the bottom line is a C7 at MSRP-500 will still fetch more dollars in a few years as a newer model than a two year older vehicle that cost the same new. The percentage off sticker is a moot point. Of course if the OP wants to wait a few years the C7 will be discounted but he is looking now.

Glenmcp 08-18-2013 12:55 PM

A 2012 GS is not worth $56K to me. If the dealer needs to unload a 2012, $40K is more like it. It is your choice, but you can get a two year newer car and start of a new gen for that price. What is the dealer giving for a 2012 GS trade-in? Not $56K would be my guess.

vettelover69 08-18-2013 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Glenmcp (Post 1584700256)
A 2012 GS is not worth $56K to me. If the dealer needs to unload a 2012, $40K is more like it. It is your choice, but you can get a two year newer car and start of a new gen for that price. What is the dealer giving for a 2012 GS trade-in? Not $56K would be my guess.

72K is the sticker and you think the dealer should give it away @ 40K???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl:

And 56K only gets you a base C7 or maybe a 2LT, not a fully loaded 3LT with almost every option C6. Plus you're paying sticker on that C7 which means you will take a bath on it when you go to trade it in for the HIPO version.

SCM_Crash 08-18-2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584700888)
72K is the sticker and you think the dealer should give it away @ 40K???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl:

And 56K only gets you a base C7 or maybe a 2LT, not a fully loaded 3LT with almost every option C6. Plus you're paying sticker on that C7 which means you will take a bath on it when you go to trade it in for the HIPO version.

The 2LT C7 is equal to the C6 3LT trim as far as being loaded...

Except with the C7 you also get heated/ventilated seats and a FAR superior sound system.

Try again.

Glenmcp 08-18-2013 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584700888)

Just my two cents. 56k on a C7 gets you basically a 2012 GS. So why pay the same for a two year old? Now, if you like the looks of the 2012 GS more than the C7, go for it. It all depends on what you like and what you are willing to pay.

vettelover69 08-18-2013 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584701021)
The 2LT C7 is equal to the C6 3LT trim as far as being loaded...

Except with the C7 you also get heated/ventilated seats and a FAR superior sound system.

Try again.

I doubt it. So you're telling me that for only 56K you get 72K worth of car???

Fail!! And you try again.

SCM_Crash 08-18-2013 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701252)

Are you kidding?!

The 2LT C7 is $56K! I'm not making this up! You can check the pricing yourself!

You receive an F on your test. Now go home and study. You can take the test again tomorrow.

gthal 08-18-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701252)

Actually, he is right. The 2LT has almost every needed feature and most of what use to be in the 3LT. Obviously the math isn't exactly the same but it is darn close. However, the GS must have other options to have gotten to $72K.

vettelover69 08-18-2013 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584701358)
Are you kidding?!

The 2LT C7 is $56K! I'm not making this up! You can check the pricing yourself!

You receive an F on your test. Now go home and study. You can take the test again tomorrow.

I'm sure it is. But you're trying to tell me that GM is selling vettes that should be 72 grand for 56??

Oh wait I get it, you're trying to get me to believe that every option that comes in a 3LT C6 comes in a 2LT C7?

I highly doubt that.

vettelover69 08-18-2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1584701482)
Actually, he is right. The 2LT has almost every needed feature and most of what use to be in the 3LT. Obviously the math isn't exactly the same but it is darn close. However, the GS must have other options to have gotten to $72K.

There's more to a price than 2LT and 3LT.

But don't try to tell me GM is just giving away 16 grand in options on the C7.

gthal 08-18-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701509)

There's more to a price than 2LT and 3LT.

But don't try to tell me GM is just giving away 16 grand in options on the C7.

That was my point when I said the GS had to have other options to get to $72K... but 2LT is basically every interior option on the C7 except the leather wrapped interior and nav. Obviously there are options like carbon dash, roof panels, exhaust, MRC, Z51, painted calipers, chrome wheels, etc. But the 2LT option package has much, if not almost all, of what was in 3LT on the C6.

SCM_Crash 08-18-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701494)
I'm sure it is. But you're trying to tell me that GM is selling vettes that should be 72 grand for 56??

Oh wait I get it, you're trying to get me to believe that every option that comes in a 3LT C6 comes in a 2LT C7?

I highly doubt that.

Geezus!!! WOULD YOU PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK!?

The only option the C6 3LT comes with standard that the C7 2LT doesn't come with is navigation! EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME!

... except (LOL)

The 2LT C7 has:
A better sound system
Better heads up display
Better infotainment system
Better seats with active ventilation
Better climate control
Better DIC with far more information
Better phone compatibility
Better safety system
Reverse camera
iPod/MP3 player/SD card integration
Better/adjustable steering feel

etc.

Just a few things that make the C7 2LT far greater than the C6 3LT...

Just saying...

vettelover69 08-18-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1584701535)
That was my point when I said the GS had to have other options to get to $72K... but 2LT is basically every interior option on the C7 except the leather wrapped interior and nav. Obviously there are options like carbon dash, roof panels, exhaust, MRC, Z51, painted calipers, chrome wheels, etc. But the 2LT option package has much, if not almost all, of what was in 3LT on the C6.

And that's understandable. But this other guy thinks a 56k c7 is going to be as loaded as a 72k c6 is must be drinking too much c7 kool aid?

vettelover69 08-18-2013 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584701547)
Geezus!!! WOULD YOU PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK!?

The only option the C6 3LT comes with standard that the C7 2LT doesn't come with is navigation! EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME!

... except (LOL)

The 2LT C7 has:
A better sound system
Better heads up display
Better infotainment system
Better seats with active ventilation
Better climate control
Better DIC with far more information
Better phone compatibility
Better safety system
Reverse camera
iPod/MP3 player/SD card integration
Better/adjustable steering feel

etc.

Just a few things that make the C7 2LT far greater than the C6 3LT...

Just saying...

I think you're just too dumb to figure this out.

Do you get chrome rims, upgraded spoiler, heritage package, colored calipers and dual roofs for 56k??? If not then just stfu already.

Oh and all of these "better options" you're talking about are just your opinion. Oh wait you must have a C7 already to be able to make all of hear claims?

SCM_Crash 08-18-2013 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701603)
I think you're just too dumb to figure this out.

Do you get chrome rims, upgraded spoiler, heritage package, colored calipers and dual roofs for 56k??? If not then just stfu already.

Oh and all of these "better options" you're talking about are just your opinion. Oh wait you must have a C7 already to be able to make all of hear claims?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

wait...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you just in derp mode or are you always this stupid.

EVERY SINGLE REVIEWER SAID ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE BETTER!

So what you're saying is that for the same price he has the option of buying a much faster and newer car with lots of better things or he can buy a 2 year old model, 1 generation behind because it has chrome wheels.

LAWL! Good luck selling that one! :rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

vettelover69 08-18-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584701696)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

wait...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you just in derp mode or are you always this stupid.

EVERY SINGLE REVIEWER SAID ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE BETTER!

So what you're saying is that for the same price he has the option of buying a much faster and newer car with lots of better things or he can buy a 2 year old model, 1 generation behind because it has chrome wheels.

LAWL! Good luck selling that one! :rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

You didn't answer the question about all of the other options he's going to get for 56K?

But I get it. You must of been dropped on your head a few times as a baby to be this stupid.

SCM_Crash 08-18-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701751)
You didn't answer the question about all of the other options he's going to get for 56K?

But I get it. You must of been dropped on your head a few times as a baby to be this stupid.

HAHA... I think we're going to get this thread locked.

But to answer your obviously idiotic question, I don't think those other options are worth it. Who cares about those options? They're on a soon to be 3 year old model in a older generation. If the "heritage" package is that big of a deal, than whoopy, go buy that. But I think the "STINGRAY" name is more than enough heritage to make up for it. Not to mention, there's STILL nothing better about that GS over the C7. Yay! Painted calipers! That makes ALL the difference in the world. What was I thinking? Definitely go by that GS! :rolleyes:

vettelover69 08-18-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584701793)
HAHA... I think we're going to get this thread locked.

But to answer your obviously idiotic question, I don't think those other options are worth it. Who cares about those options? They're on a soon to be 3 year old model in a older generation. If the "heritage" package is that big of a deal, than whoopy, go buy that. But I think the "STINGRAY" name is more than enough heritage to make up for it. Not to mention, there's STILL nothing better about that GS over the C7. Yay! Painted calipers! That makes ALL the difference in the world. What was I thinking? Definitely go by that GS! :rolleyes:

We are all now dumber from reading your replies.:crazy2:

SCM_Crash 08-18-2013 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584701842)
We are all now dumber from reading your replies.:crazy2:

http://theminorityreport.co/stixblog...e-facepalm.jpg

vettelover69 08-18-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584701852)

Really? All I see is 2 hands on his face and 2 on his head. How is that a quadruple facepalm???

You failed again.