CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back..... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3315103-c7-delivery-dates-pushed-back.html)

Cruiter 08-20-2013 04:05 PM

This morning at Bible Study I met a new fellow, Bill Majoris. He's a lifetime museum member and is going to BG next week for a Hall of Fame Induction. Part of that is he gets to go into the plant to see 'nite production'. He spends most of his time in the C4 forum and doesn't frequent this one much but he's positive from what he's been told in the last couple of days they 'DO' have a slow production line going at night. He's sure they're customer cars and they're loading them at night and hauling them off (to where?). I tried to tell him gently (as he has a lot more clout than me) that we've been assured on here it's not running. But maybe they are doing limited production runs for shows and then they'll QC them somewhere else. I don't feel qualified to tell him he's wrong, he knows folk, I'm new and know nobody. Who really knows ???

He thinks once he's out of the plant he'll be able to shoot photos of them on Haulers. Maybe so. If it's one hauler, no big deal. If he sees them running at 18 or so cars an hour and several haulers loaded up then ....? Anyone know anybody at the transport company ???

RekjavicXXX 08-20-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiter (Post 1584718164)
This morning at Bible Study I met a new fellow, Bill Majoris. He's a lifetime museum member and is going to BG next week for a Hall of Fame Induction. Part of that is he gets to go into the plant to see 'nite production'. He spends most of his time in the C4 forum and doesn't frequent this one much but he's positive from what he's been told in the last couple of days they 'DO' have a slow production line going at night. He's sure they're customer cars and they're loading them at night and hauling them off (to where?). I tried to tell him gently (as he has a lot more clout than me) that we've been assured on here it's not running. But maybe they are doing limited production runs for shows and then they'll QC them somewhere else. I don't feel qualified to tell him he's wrong, he knows folk, I'm new and know nobody. Who really knows ???

He thinks once he's out of the plant he'll be able to shoot photos of them on Haulers. Maybe so. If it's one hauler, no big deal. If he sees them running at 18 or so cars an hour and several haulers loaded up then ....? Anyone know anybody at the transport company ???

Interesting! So stealthy they are

lawdogg149 08-20-2013 04:42 PM

Makes sense. Another member stated that he observed a large crowd of vehicles parked in the employee parking area last week at night. My brother was there on Thursday and saw everyone on days leaving at 4 pm. But the lot out back was empty.

khoeysr 08-20-2013 04:57 PM

The mention of bible study probably makes you flame proof.

It makes me think they are stockpiling customer cars in Area 51.:conehead:conehead

tunaman 08-20-2013 05:01 PM

Likely the 500 limited edition cars if so... Need to get them done and out the door, so no time better than the present.

dcbingaman 08-20-2013 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by RickDI (Post 1584717872)
Just point me to the reboot button. :)

If its like my computer - you pull the + terminal on the battery and count to 100 before you put it back on !!

tome 08-20-2013 06:59 PM

Well, my only comment is that by naming him, he probably will be kept from anywhere near the plant! This site is not unknown to GM. I for one would absolutely hope for that to be true, but guess we just have to wait and see. :cheers:

MThomas 08-20-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pisswilly (Post 1584716237)
First load of customer cars out for delivery!

OMG...will this ever end????????????????????? :willy: