CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   What single feature or aspect do you like best about the C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3309491-what-single-feature-or-aspect-do-you-like-best-about-the-c7.html)

zland 07-22-2013 12:44 AM

What single feature or aspect do you like best about the C7?

For me there are some things I am not in love with (exterior design elements) but the single thing they claim is better is handling/road feel. I think it is the one thing I felt was a big drawback on my C6. I want a fast, great handling car that is fun to drive. Give me improved handling & I am a happy camper!

Regardless of the pros & cons, no doubt the C7 has got to be the car I would go for being the hp, handling, style, & cost.

Sin City 07-22-2013 12:48 AM

This is not a cop out but it's the overall package.

For me there is no one big thing. Like any good car, it's all in the details. It's the summation of it's parts and engineering that make it good, just OK, or terrible.

I would say the price is one major wow factor though. If anyone else did it, it would cost 30% more.

VRMMMM 07-22-2013 12:51 AM

I am so happy with the interior. I like the layout, the use of quality materials, and tech. This for me has been the weak point on Corvette for a very long time.

george vee 07-22-2013 12:55 AM

The price

ZL-1 07-22-2013 12:57 AM

There are many exciting things about the new Stingray but I think I'll get the most enjoyment from the 7-speed with rev-matching . (But it will probably cause me to get rusty with my heel & toeing).

Stingray23 07-22-2013 01:07 AM

Well, since we havent driven one yet, i cant say anything about the performance. If I had to pick just one thing, I'd have to say the rear. I think its way more aggressive looking then past vettes and way more modern, too. But I really love the C7 as a whole.

WhiteAndBlackC7 07-22-2013 01:10 AM

The fact the Corvette has now received attention and desire. Never was a Corvette fan my whole life until now. I have always been an exotic Italian car fan, but this car has filled my needs as far as looks, performance, and luxury the same was an exotic has, but made in America that can be bought by any every day hard working American. Well f'n done GM.

TBIRD57 07-22-2013 01:12 AM

interior

and the fact you can get it as a vert

zland 07-22-2013 02:39 AM

Interesting so many thus feel the affordable price as being a key factor. Every thread discussing the future C7 months ago seemed to focused on expensive improvements. I guess its a good GM doesn't listen to feedback on the CF forum.

rmarks 07-22-2013 02:49 AM

The entire package. Heck my C6 is 5 years old, time for a new car. And I don't mind the better fuel economy, better interior, upgraded exterior style.

Price is a factor, but price for the C7 is in line with price for the C6.

I don't expect significantly better performance. The C6 is plenty fast and my Z51 suspension is hard to beat and still be streetable.

humvet 07-22-2013 03:51 AM

Not sure yet, need to see one in person. Need to see the vert.

The C7 might be like an old fashion Indian wedding. I may have to buy one before I learn to love it. :willy:

JustinStrife 07-22-2013 04:14 AM

So far, the whole package.

Sin City 07-22-2013 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by zland (Post 1584468664)
Interesting so many thus far pint out the affordable price as being key. Every thread discussing the future C7 months ago seemed to focused on expensive improvements. I guess its a good GM doesn't listen to feedback on the CF forum.

Well, to some degree it is key to this market. And, it's pretty clear GM decided that from day one. It's why the Vette has never been a mid-engine super car -- it would be cool but it would be too expensive for the existing market.

But I wouldn't say that's it's biggest feature or only reason for being. It his however one of it's biggest "wow" factors of what is a really fine sports/GT that can take on the world as far as performance.

JerriVette 07-22-2013 07:07 AM

Performance

rgamache 07-22-2013 07:12 AM

Additionally the LT1 is from the ground up a new engine...many other engineering departures from the C6. I'll wait till the bugs are out before I even think of a C7.

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1584468408)
This is not a cop out but it's the overall package.

For me there is no one big thing. Like any good car, it's all in the details. It's the summation of it's parts and engineering that make it good, just OK, or terrible.

I would say the price is one major wow factor though. If anyone else did it, it would cost 30% more.

Johnny vette 07-22-2013 07:51 AM

12 seconds in the quarter

Cruiter 07-22-2013 07:59 AM

In addition to being noticed, respected, and admired from the general public, it will also gain a lot of respect and awe from Porsche, Ferrari, and Lexus LFA owners. And they'll realize the 'cost of owning and driving' our 'Vettes will be significantly less :rofl:.

Sin City 07-22-2013 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by rgamache (Post 1584468986)
Additionally the LT1 is from the ground up a new engine...many other engineering departures from the C6. I'll wait till the bugs are out before I even think of a C7.

I never understood this reasoning.

The car is under warranty. Why wait? Life is too short for what might have been.

harley2 07-22-2013 09:27 AM

I like the whole car!

But I really like how it feels when sitting in it!
It has a snug comfortable feel with everything at your finger tips!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Shaka 07-22-2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by zland (Post 1584468390)

The overall shape and proportions of the car. Love the way the rear fender extends to the front of the front door, er. like the C5 and 68 Charger does.