CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Stolen zo6 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3309081-stolen-zo6.html)

RetiredSFC 97 07-22-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by kdii02 (Post 1584468252)
I know Windzy personally, I gotta say guys I love this forum but after reading some of these posts, no matter what the circumstances were today, keys in it or not nobody deserves to have some freaking drug addicted clown take their car!!!! Let's show some more support here rather then blame the guy for leaving the keys in it and upset him more by talking about whether or not the insurance company will cover the car or try and rip him off. You know all of us have left the keys in a car at one time or another in our own lives!!! We're all here because we love Corvettes and today one of our members suffered a tragic loss. Fortunately nobody got hurt here. Let's help him get past this and be able to once again enjoy Corvette when all the dust settles...

Kyle

I believe half of CF posters are 12 year olds posing as vette owners. If not many act like it. It's why I don't come over here all that often.

bikeriderga 07-22-2013 02:11 PM

Man this suxs!

Terrible to see a nice C5 wind up like this.

Some nice low mileage C5s at buyavette.com Might want to point your insurance company in that direction. They have two year limited warranty with their rides.

racebum 07-22-2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1584469987)
I believe half of CF posters are 12 year olds posing as vette owners. If not many act like it. It's why I don't come over here all that often.

depends on the generation. c5's are getting cheap enough that they attract a lot of 16-23yr olds

which are.....

kids

neutron82 07-22-2013 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by donald4972 (Post 1584469911)
If the scoundrel is caught, off with his head!!!

as much as I wish this would happen it won't, not here anyway... to me it seems like innocent people tend to get the short end of the stick... criminals get off with a "fair" trial and do a little jail time at the expense of another person being murdered, raped, or in this case losing a prized possession that they worked very hard for... I truly do wish you luck with the insurance company

MacTacular 07-22-2013 03:12 PM

If you decide you want to part with the drivers side visor, send me a pm on a decent price!! Just got my first vette last week! looking for a good deal!

windzy 07-22-2013 03:17 PM

Thanks too all the people showing there support. It's in the insurance company's hand and I've been told I'm covered.

MBB 07-22-2013 03:31 PM

I'm kind of torn... I am sorry about the loss of your vette and I am happy that they caught the guys. I just don't think you should be covered for this because frankly you caused this. Reckless behavior like this is what brings all of our rates up. They should have told you to kick rocks instead of rewarding your poor judgement. Just sayin'.

wit2pz 07-22-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MBB (Post 1584472972)
I'm kind of torn... I am sorry about the loss of your vette and I am happy that they caught the guys. I just don't think you should be covered for this because frankly you caused this. Reckless behavior like this is what brings all of our rates up. They should have told you to kick rocks instead of rewarding your poor judgement. Just sayin'.

Dude, don't make such a dick statement then try to justify it with "Just sayin'." Why the hell wouldn't his insurance cover this, even if he did leave the keys in? My insurance covered my roof repairs when it went flying, even though I forgot to latch it. He's caught up on his payments, they're making good on the service he's paid for.

eldudereno 07-22-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by windzy (Post 1584472833)
Thanks too all the people showing there support. It's in the insurance company's hand and I've been told I'm covered.

Great news.:thumbs:

MBB 07-22-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by wit2pz (Post 1584473037)
Dude, don't make such a dick statement then try to justify it with "Just sayin'." Why the hell wouldn't his insurance cover this, even if he did leave the keys in? My insurance covered my roof repairs when it went flying, even though I forgot to latch it. He's caught up on his payments, they're making good on the service he's paid for.

So I'm a dick because I called him out on doing something foolish.. Or is it that you did something equally foolish and you took offense? Go cry in the corner thin skin.

wit2pz 07-22-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by MBB (Post 1584473136)
So I'm a dick because I called him out on doing something foolish.. Or is it that you did something equally foolish and you took offense? Go cry in the corner thin skin.

And boom goes the dynamite... He didn't do anything foolish. He didn't go power sliding into the dealership parking lot and crash his Vette into a bunch of cars. He didn't let a drunk friend take it for a spin and end up in a ditch. He didn't wreck it while street racing.

Are you crying because we cause your insurance rates to go up with your perfect driving ass? Out of the pool, n00b. :thumbs:

MBB 07-22-2013 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by wit2pz (Post 1584473174)
And boom goes the dynamite... He didn't do anything foolish. He didn't go power sliding into the dealership parking lot and crash his Vette into a bunch of cars. He didn't let a drunk friend take it for a spin and end up in a ditch. He didn't wreck it while street racing.

Are you crying because we cause your insurance rates to go up with your perfect driving ass? Out of the pool, n00b. :thumbs:

:lol: I actually do have a perfect driving record. I've never had a speeding ticket, been pulled over, etc and any claim I've ever turned in has been an act of God (hail/debris).

Point blank period, you were foolish for not checking your latches, he was foolish for leaving his keys in the car. You call that dynamite? Meh...I've had pop rocks burn more than your posts. :lol:

danieloneil01 07-22-2013 04:04 PM

I'd love for my insurance to try and deny my claim if my car is ever stolen at work. I would never leave the keys in it though outside of work and even in my garage. Now I may leave the windows down if I run into the store but I would never leave the keys in it.

wit2pz 07-22-2013 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MBB (Post 1584473204)
:lol: I actually do have a perfect driving record. I've never had a speeding ticket, been pulled over, etc and any claim I've ever turned in has been an act of God (hail/debris).

Point blank period, you were foolish for not checking your latches, he was foolish for leaving his keys in the car. You call that dynamite? Meh...I've had pop rocks burn more than your posts. :lol:

Good boy! But you know, foolish is as foolish does. Making mistakes isn't foolish. Not learning from your mistakes is. I've got a fool proof method of latching that will never fail, and I'm sure the OP won't ever leave his keys unattended again. Conversely,I bet you've spent a mint over the years in insurance premiums, ain't 'cha? :lol:

And don't worry about me trying to burn you there, Hoss... You can't hang out in C5 Gen looking for drama. You want fireworks, go on over to CFOT. Welcome wagon's waiting for a "perfect" guy like you! :cheers:

racebum 07-22-2013 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by wit2pz (Post 1584473037)

this

there is no law that says thou shall not leave keys in the car

there are however laws against stealing cars

op is not responsible for the actions of others

MBB 07-22-2013 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by wit2pz (Post 1584473512)
Good boy! But you know, foolish is as foolish does. Making mistakes isn't foolish. Not learning from your mistakes is.

How is one supposed to learn from a mistake with no consequence? Sure he lost a car, but he suffers no financial burden from it. That's my point.

lmadern 07-22-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by MBB (Post 1584472972)

Wow, are you for real? He caused this? Something is definitely wrong with your perspective here. Hopefully your post is just to see how much of a rise you can get out of everyone and not what you really believe. In either case do what your mother should have taught you when you were a kid, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

The guy made a mistake by leaving his keys in the car. He didn't give permission for anyone to take his car.

I'm glad to hear his insurance will cover it and hopefully give him a fair price.

MBB 07-22-2013 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by lmadern (Post 1584474003)
Wow, are you for real? He caused this? Something is definitely wrong with your perspective here. Hopefully your post is just to see how much of a rise you can get out of everyone and not what you really believe. In either case do what your mother should have taught you when you were a kid, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

The guy made a mistake by leaving his keys in the car. He didn't give permission for anyone to take his car.

I'm glad to hear his insurance will cover it and hopefully give him a fair price.

If this were any other story on the net you guys would be shaking your heads and you know it. You can't control the actions of others, but you SHOULD do your best to protect yourself and your property..it isn't the job of anyone else but you.

Do you sleep with your doors unlocked? Do you leave your car running with the keys in it when you run in the store for a sec? No? Why not? Because you know it is unwise. Yet you chastise me for pointing that out and not patting the guy on the back saying, "There there?" Pfft.

lmadern 07-22-2013 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by MBB (Post 1584474051)
If this were any other story on the net you guys would be shaking your heads and you know it. You can't control the actions of others, but you SHOULD do your best to protect yourself and your property..it isn't the job of anyone else but you.

Do you sleep with your doors unlocked? Do you leave your car running with the keys in it when you run in the store for a sec? No? Why not? Because you know it is unwise. Yet you chastise me for pointing that out and not patting the guy on the back saying, "There there?" Pfft.

Not sure what I said would qualify as chastisement, but I have a lousy taste in my mouth for your lack of empathy and your bad taste in stating that his insurance shouldn't even pay him for his loss?

And no I'm not suggesting you do anything of the sort like "patting him on the back and saying, There There" as it is obvious that kindness is not in your personality profile.

Kicking a guy when he's down is just pathetic and helps no one.

MBB 07-22-2013 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by lmadern (Post 1584474103)
Not sure what I said would qualify as chastisement, but I have a lousy taste in my mouth for your lack of empathy and your bad taste in stating that his insurance shouldn't even pay him for his loss?

And no I'm not suggesting you do anything of the sort like "patting him on the back and saying, There There" as it is obvious that kindness is not in your personality profile.

Kicking a guy when he's down is just pathetic and helps no one.

Neither does coddling them when they make a foolish mistake. Agree to disagree. If his car had been broken into and hotwired, I wouldn't have said a thing that could have been deemed negative. The fact that he rolled out the red carpet and still gets benefits from this is what irks me. I don't lack empathy brother, I simply don't believe in rewarding bad choices.