CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Courtesy Delivery Acceptance: Not 1 of 900 Dealers (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3308029-courtesy-delivery-acceptance-not-1-of-900-dealers.html)

elegant 07-19-2013 12:16 PM

Courtesy Delivery Acceptance: Not 1 of 900 Dealers

I have a great relationship with a local Chevy dealership. And they know I will be buying another Cruze from them next year, that I would like to buy a Stingray from them, but they are not one of the dealerships with C7 allocation. They are happy to do a courtesy delivery to me, but will GM allow this?

Pisswilly 07-19-2013 12:24 PM

Sure!

AORoads 07-19-2013 02:30 PM

yes. just ask them how much.

talon90 07-19-2013 02:36 PM

Courtesy deliveries are fine and you will be able to to it for the Stingray if your dealer is willing.

Courtesy deliveries are at the descretion of the dealer. They don't need to do them and they can charge what they want for them.

It places the dealer in a tough spot between the selling dealer, the buyer, themselves and GM in the event of a problem that needs resolution.

michaelinmech 07-19-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1584449259)
Courtesy deliveries are fine and you will be able to to it for the Stingray if your dealer is willing.

Courtesy deliveries are at the descretion of the dealer. They don't need to do them and they can charge what they want for them.

It places the dealer in a tough spot between the selling dealer, the buyer, themselves and GM in the event of a problem that needs resolution.

Talon - is a dealer who is not of the 900 qualified to perform pre-delivery inspections, repairs, adjustments on the C7 ? Would they have the training and tools?

talon90 07-19-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584449275)
Talon - is a dealer who is not of the 900 qualified to perform pre-delivery inspections, repairs, adjustments on the C7 ? Would they have the training and tools?

All dealers will get the training or access to the information, it is in the timing of it that makes that a great question. More dealers will get access to the car over and above the 900 after initial allocations. The information on PDI will be available to the dealership online and the training will be fanned out. Just don't know the timing on any of that. They may end up having to call in to their regionals or in to SPO for the first one.

elegant 07-19-2013 09:06 PM

Thanks talon90!

Always appreciate reading your posts! So nice to get full and accurate information.

talon90 07-19-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1584452293)
Always appreciate reading your posts! So nice to get full and accurate information.

:cheers:

Make sue you discuss the PDI process with you delivery dealer and the selling dealer. As the dealer of record for the sale, whoever you buy the car from will be entitled to the credit from GM. Discuss the PDI process, the fee and understand your cost and obligation in the process. Don't get stuck in the middle but go in with the understanding.

Good luck in your purchase and enjoy your new Corvette.