CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3306224-anyone-starting-to-cool-off-on-the-c7-yet.html)

$$$frumnuttin' 07-16-2013 12:02 PM

Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?

I have to say it, I'm beginning to feel less excitement; thinking I already have a fantastic vette, what's the hurry? I can either rush right in, or wait for a nice used one in the not too distant future. The lack of a configurator isn't helping either.....starting to vacillate a little...what say you?

Zymurgy 07-16-2013 12:09 PM

Nope. I still want one badly. Can't wait. I don't buy used. Lack of configurator is a very minor point. There are two different spreadsheets that have been posted on this forum that will let you pick your options and price your C7. The confgurator will only show renderings anyway (or fairly useless tine pics), so you already have those (both renderings and pics on the forum).

GM'er 07-16-2013 12:09 PM

Let me be the first to say....IBTL

jd_black_00 07-16-2013 12:11 PM

have you seen it in person yet? I can understand how you feel if you haven't. Seeing it in person next to other cars and sitting in it/experiencing the interior re-ignites the excitement for sure

CaryKen 07-16-2013 12:21 PM

To the members who back in late 2012 were complaining about "GM isn't releasing enough information early enough" - I direct your attention to this thread and others of its ilk.

We have a member who is furious because he put in an early pre-production order and GM has had the effrontery and gall to delay production all the way into the actual quarter they said production would start.

We have members who are furious because the general public does not yet have access to an online visual interface for configuration of a car that is not yet in production, cannot be ordered through the majority of dealers in the GM dealership network, and has no delivery dates announced even for the first batch of limited production orders.

We have members who are bored with the C7 and find it to be unexciting now that the initial rush of the announcement and first pictures is over. Even though not a single customer or dealer has received a car yet.

And you wonder why GM didn't start the announcement and release process any EARLIER?!? Sheesh.
:rolleyes:

Paulchristian 07-16-2013 12:22 PM

never really warmed up...my remaining hope clings slightly to the C7Z.

stevelischynsky 07-16-2013 12:23 PM

I'm waiting for the `15 or maybe `16.
Why, because I suspect that the factory (as we speak) is writing up trouble tickets by the bucket full at this moment just because it is a new product, not because it is a bad design.

If it's like we operate, assy problems are identified by anyone. Then assigned to manufacturing engineers, who deal with it or send it to the design engineers if it`s a more complex problem. I would hate to be a design engineer right now- every morning you could come in and discover a trouble ticket assigned to you that have shut down the assy line. Now that would be a bad day.

We are all anxious to see the first offs, but I`d rather they go slow and get everything sorted out properly before they release anything.

Supersonic 427 07-16-2013 12:34 PM

Haven't seen one in person yet, but judging by what I have read and seen in pictures....I want one! May not be right away, (financial reasons) thinking more like a '15 or maybe later.

Red1990VT 07-16-2013 12:34 PM

It's hard to cool off to something you never warmed up to in the first place. The C7 simply does not look like a Corvette from the doors back. The Camaro tail lights, restricted visibility hatch, batmobile styling, and the general rear end appearance of a 1980s Japanese car doesn't work for me, and apparently for a lot of others either.

The front of the C7 is awesome. The interior is fantastic. Rear of the doors is a different car that certainly isn't a Corvette and doesn't fit with the rest of the vehicle.

GM really needs to rethink producing the C7 versus redesigning the rear portion to harmonize with the rest of the car, and to look like a Corvette.

JustinStrife 07-16-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Red1990VT (Post 1584421048)
It's hard to cool off to something you never warmed up to in the first place. The C7 simply does not look like a Corvette from the doors back. The Camaro tail lights, restricted visibility hatch, batmobile styling, and the general rear end appearance of a 1980s Japanese car doesn't work for me, and apparently for a lot of others either.

The front of the C7 is awesome. The interior is fantastic. Rear of the doors is a different car that certainly isn't a Corvette and doesn't fit with the rest of the vehicle.

GM really needs to rethink producing the C7 versus redesigning the rear portion to harmonize with the rest of the car, and to look like a Corvette.

Yeah good luck with that buddy. :lol: :lol:

sam90lx 07-16-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Paulchristian (Post 1584420939)
never really warmed up...my remaining hope clings slightly to the C7Z.

:iagree:Would not buy first year nor msrp as well.

sam90lx 07-16-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1584421114)
Yeah good luck with that buddy. :lol: :lol:

You never know Justin! If sales blow.....

Thompyt 07-16-2013 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584421205)
You never know Justin! If sales blow.....

From the sentiment in this forum, I don't think sale will blow. This forum represents only a small portion of the Corvette populace.

Bill17601 07-16-2013 01:04 PM

I am getting excited about the C8...when my C7 gets here it is a driver..:thumbs:

stevelischynsky 07-16-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Thompyt (Post 1584421238)
From the sentiment in this forum, I don't think sale will blow. This forum represents only a small portion of the Corvette populace.

Just wait till the new Transformer movie is released. Every kid will want a lime green C7.

TTRotary 07-16-2013 01:07 PM

I think sales will be pretty good the first year, silly rear end or not. There is plenty of pent-up demand for a new Vette. That said, I also doubt the C7 will be the demand demographic game changer GM hopes for. That's just a pipe dream IMO (the stats just aren't there) , though I would be happy to be proved wrong on that one.

As for sentiment in this forum...the higher you get pumped up, the deeper you will sink into a hole when the drug wears off. This being a fanatic forum, we have members in here that worked themsleves into a righteous lather over the new car. As reality sinks in that they are notin a position to buy one for a while, can't get exactly the option they want, can't get pricing they want etc etc, the drug high wears off. Not to mention many are already driving a pretty decent Corvette that represented a significant financial commitment... ;)

Normal people will quietly await delivery or decide to buy when they are feeling it, without getting themselves worked into a meltdown over it. :thumbs:

JerriVette 07-16-2013 01:09 PM

To the OP I have not cooled off to the stunningly beautiful c7. If you want a new corvette and have the money available and the timing is right for you? I could not think of a finer example of the Great American icon.

Still if you present corvette is running well and you are enjoying it....then slow down and wait till you need a new car.

Not for the money or possible future minimal discounts...... and definitely not for all the nonsensical stories that the first year will be defective etc....but just because your present corvette is still meeting your personal needs...

I respect your open and honest question. I can see how selling your present beautiful corvette could be questioned.

Have fun deciding and yes i believe this new c7 z51 with mrc and npp will be amazing.

sam90lx 07-16-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by vetehead (Post 1584421430)
The usual thread started from the same people stirring the pot!

I don't think the OP has been negative, in fact I think he has been high on it in the early going!

CCDawg69 07-16-2013 01:31 PM

Are you kidding! Got my order in Monday and get more excited every day. For those who keep bringing up the Camaro similarities, get over it. I loved the round tail lights on my C6 but its time to move on. Other than 4 lenses, I don't see any resemblance.

evilmonkey 07-16-2013 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584421459)
I don't think the OP has been negative, in fact I think he has been high on it in the early going!

He's just working through the 12 stages of new model ordering:
1) OMG, I can't wait to see the new vette, will it be better?
2) WOW, look at that vette, I can't wait to own one
3) Yes, I got my order in - first in line!
4) OMG yes, my order is accepted, her comes my baby!
5) Hmm, why am I stuck at 3000? anyone else moving?
6) OMG, are they ever gonna start building these things???
7) I hate GM, they just don't care about me!
8) I hate the new vette - I can't take any more of this rejection! (current stage of OP)
9) Wait a minute, my TPW!
10) Built/shipped! YES!
11) Arrived! I LOVE IT!
12) My new C7 is making a squeaking noise somewhere above my head, anyone else notice that?

Sin City 07-16-2013 01:39 PM

It's funny but no. I was asked yesterday about it and we went off on a 20 minute discussion about what new things have been learned in recent weeks.

I'm actually pretty pumped. Too bad I have at least another 6 months to wait.

Sin City 07-16-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by CaryKen (Post 1584420930)
To the members who back in late 2012 were complaining about "GM isn't releasing enough information early enough" - I direct your attention to this thread and others of its ilk.

We have a member who is furious because he put in an early pre-production order and GM has had the effrontery and gall to delay production all the way into the actual quarter they said production would start.

We have members who are furious because the general public does not yet have access to an online visual interface for configuration of a car that is not yet in production, cannot be ordered through the majority of dealers in the GM dealership network, and has no delivery dates announced even for the first batch of limited production orders.

We have members who are bored with the C7 and find it to be unexciting now that the initial rush of the announcement and first pictures is over. Even though not a single customer or dealer has received a car yet.

And you wonder why GM didn't start the announcement and release process any EARLIER?!? Sheesh.
:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want but if you offer a car to the public and ask them for money, the least you can do is give them a configurator so they can decide if they want one and how much it would cost so they can plan their purchase.

If you want to roll your eyes, roll it at the audacity of a company to ask you for your money and not tell you what your buying.

Philr56 07-16-2013 01:52 PM

My brother and I plan on ordering ours in winter for a spring delivery. Yes, this is the best Corvette yet and it will be worth the wait, even with the "batmobile" styling.

If the design fails you that much, simple don't buy one. The rest of us will be happy with the C7, defective tail light design and all.

paracord 07-16-2013 02:04 PM

I was cool ever since the day they introduced it. I think it is very ugly although i'm sure it will be the best performing generation yet when it's all said and done.

TBIRD57 07-16-2013 02:15 PM

time

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin' (Post 1584420788)
I have to say it, I'm beginning to feel less excitement; thinking I already have a fantastic vette, what's the hurry? I can either rush right in, or wait for a nice used one in the not too distant future. The lack of a configurator isn't helping either.....starting to vacillate a little...what say you?

:iagree:
gm should have tried to get as many C7's as they could on the road by this summer. it would have continued to heighten and sustain interest.

imo of course

LouB57 07-16-2013 02:46 PM

following that logic....

Man should not have evolved, and remained Neanderthal / Cro-Magnon :leaving:

paracord 07-16-2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by LouB57 (Post 1584422158)
following that logic....

You can evolve as a brand but still maintain what makes the brand recognizable.

The Rolex Submariner came out the same year as the Corvette and it still maintains a TON of design cues from the original.

I realize cars change more than watches.....but you have the iconic things that Corvettes have that MAKE them Corvettes. The cross flags, the fiber body, the front-hinged hood, V8, round tails, etc.

You can put the cross flags on a Cobalt. But that doesn't make it a Corvette. People have an expectation of a car that isn't a totally clean slate. It has characteristics that make it iconic.

The new Vette just departs from too many of those things ESPECIALLY the rear end. It just looks like nothing that has ever been there before. Incredibly busy and japanese/ninja-looking.

That's all we're saying.

elegant 07-16-2013 02:56 PM

Love the car! Every time I see it in person, amazes me even more (as do many pictures). My wife, who likes our C6, loves the C7 and wants it to "come home soon."

John_R 07-16-2013 03:00 PM

Up here in Eastern Canada am always cool, and in the winter months we're chillin :chill:

I'll be waiting for 2nd or 3rd year, who knows what else would be standard or if they get that 8 spd Auto. I'll end up with the 7 spd manual most likely.

This would be my first non used Corvette. The C7 would be a keeper and hopefully my last car that I buy. :rolleyes: (Even I don't believe what I just said about it being my last) :lol:

Hameister 07-16-2013 03:15 PM

I'm still in the fence. Thinking I'd like a 2015, but having a hard time giving up the classic look of my '13 GS.

My sales guy at my Chevy dealer, will call me as soon as he gets one in for me to drive.

That will be the deciding factor. The look, handling, interior, etc., will have to hit me pretty hard. If it does, I'll order a '15 C7 next July, if not, I'll be very happy with my new C6 GS.

Snorman 07-16-2013 03:37 PM

I think there will be more excitement when we start getting performance data from magazine testing.
IMO, it will be very impressive for what is a base car with or without Z51.
S.

Glenmcp 07-16-2013 03:43 PM

Exactly. Make up your mind, stand in line or wait a few months or years. But, stop complaining.

travisnd 07-16-2013 03:44 PM

Exactly.. we're in the lull period between the release/info gathering and the delivery of actual cars. Once people start getting them they will post up about their experiences and start modding and racing them and things will get very exciting like they do with every generation.

Then the Z06 will come out and people will go nuts... then the L88 and people will go more nuts.

Then one day... years down the road... the forums will be inundated with vendor posts and "how do I fix this?" or "This is squeeking" or "Do you like my cheap-ass eBay purchased mods to this once new and exciting car?" Such is the life-cycle of every model/forum.

Davidl81 07-16-2013 04:06 PM

I understand what the OP is saying. Please do not take this as bashing the C7. I have a C7 on order, but the wife has been pressing me hard to look at a four seat car (we have a 6 month old baby and she wants something we can all ride in, hard to argue about that). She had me thinking and yesterday I test drove a 2013 M6. I know they are totally different cars, but now I am having trouble deciding on what to do. The M6 is almost as fast as the C7 (albeit 1k lbs heavier), and it has the four seats that my wife likes.

I think the issue is that I'm pretty excited about a new car and I can get the M6 today, and my C7 won't come in till October. It just becomes a lot of time to start to think about other options.

User 2623 07-16-2013 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by evilmonkey (Post 1584421559)
8) I hate the new vette - I can't take any more of this rejection! (current stage of OP)
10) Built/shipped! YES!
11) Arrived! I LOVE IT!
12) My new C7 is making a squeaking noise somewhere above my head, anyone else notice that?

I especially like the reality check on number 12.
:lol:

jkcam6017 07-16-2013 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by LouB57 (Post 1584422158)
following that logic....

Actually, for the sustainability of mankind on planet Earth, that is exactly what should have happened.

F4Topgun 07-16-2013 05:21 PM

I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas. To hell with the money or the wait. "This is my toy and you can't play with it!"

TRT SR 07-16-2013 05:25 PM

No Way!!!! getting hotter!:D

Hirohawa 07-16-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by paracord (Post 1584422235)

The Rolex Submariner came out the same year as the Corvette and it still maintains a TON of design cues from the original.

I realize cars change more than watches.....but you have the iconic things that Corvettes have that MAKE them Corvettes. The cross flags, the fiber body, the front-hinged hood, V8, round tails, etc.

You can put the cross flags on a Cobalt. But that doesn't make it a Corvette. People have an expectation of a car that isn't a totally clean slate. It has characteristics that make it iconic.

The new Vette just departs from too many of those things ESPECIALLY the rear end. It just looks like nothing that has ever been there before. Incredibly busy and japanese/ninja-looking.

That's all we're saying.

Great example of why some os don't love this new car. Get ready for lots of angry attacks though as an adult opinion or conversation about the design is a big no no here.

Get ready to be called and accused of these things:

1) A Hater
2) Jealous cause your are a possible C6 owner
3) Jealous cause you can't afford it
4) don't like the "envelope pushed" with your designs
5) your are a troll that wants to start trouble
6) you are one of only 6 or so people on here who don't like the car

John_R 07-16-2013 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Davidl81 (Post 1584422938)
I understand what the OP is saying. Please do not take this as bashing the C7. I have a C7 on order, but the wife has been pressing me hard to look at a four seat car (we have a 6 month old baby and she wants something we can all ride in, hard to argue about that). She had me thinking and yesterday I test drove a 2013 M6. I know they are totally different cars, but now I am having trouble deciding on what to do. The M6 is almost as fast as the C7 (albeit 1k lbs heavier), and it has the four seats that my wife likes.

I think the issue is that I'm pretty excited about a new car and I can get the M6 today, and my C7 won't come in till October. It just becomes a lot of time to start to think about other options.

Just get yourself a McLaren F1, will fit the wife and baby, what more can you ask for. It even has 2 trunk space. :rofl:
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xIvfgAQwyRA/mqdefault.jpg
http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-cont...or-626x382.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/wa2/extreme...n/picture1.jpghttp://img32.imageshack.us/img32/562/tzur.jpghttp://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8642/83hv.jpg
RIGHT & LEFT TRUNK:thumbs:

1analguy 07-16-2013 06:26 PM

It's hard to cool off to something you never warmed up to in the first place...

:iagree:

Originally Posted by CCDawg69 (Post 1584421527)
...For those who keep bringing up the Camaro similarities, get over it...

But see, I don't have to get over it...the car will have to be at least 90% as good as GM's extravagant claims, and it will have to get over looking Japanese before I'll consider buying one. The passenger-hostile, leather-wrapped C4 interior fails to impress as well...

Originally Posted by Philr56 (Post 1584421709)
...If the design fails you that much, simple don't buy one...

See above. That's exactly where I'm at.

That's all we're saying.

:iagree: Well written...

post-it 07-16-2013 07:46 PM

Cool off, are you kidding me? I have been in love with this car since I saw it on Barrett Jackson in January. I immediately placed a deposit with a local dealer and today they called me with my order number and a TPW of
Mid August. I am totally fired up and can't wait to get the phone call that it has arrived. Have not been this excited about a car since I bought my "67" in 1967. This is the first GM product I will have purchased my "76" Vette in 1976.

Larry/car 07-16-2013 07:58 PM

I can't wait to see one in person. Carlisle, YES!!! Still some time until I get to drive and decide on options. Unfortunately probably next summer, dealers will not have a demo until then. I like the look of the tail lights and rear end detail, when thinking C7 that is the first thing that comes to mind. I want one. Yes the wait does diminish the excitement, that is normally to be expected.

Turbobndt 07-16-2013 08:19 PM

I still feel like this guy everytime I see a picture of one...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...rep-148679.jpg

bobterryfic 07-16-2013 09:00 PM

For me, after seeing the cars in the flesh (NCM 60th Anniversery), getting in and out of several coupes, feeling the Napa leather interiors, I am all in. My dissapointment is that my first color choice was not in attendence, CR. I have been waiting on the next generation to order NCM delivery, so I should be picking it up in early '14, giving the factory time to work out the start up glitches.

BlueOx 07-16-2013 09:05 PM

I'd just have to say to the OP that I am tons MORE 'cooled-off' on the C6. :D
I never got 'hot' about the C5...never.

Jinx 07-16-2013 09:23 PM

It's okay if the excitement is flagging a bit. But I bet the first magazine tests will get a rise out of you. And when you see one on the street it'll get your attention.

Remember, if you have an erection lasting more than four hours, seek immediate medical attention.

Originally Posted by Davidl81 (Post 1584422938)
I have a C7 on order, but the wife has been pressing me hard to look at a four seat car (we have a 6 month old baby and she wants something we can all ride in, hard to argue about that).

That's what her car is for. Seriously, think about how many miles you put on a car by yourself (or out on a date) versus how many miles you're in family-transport mode. Consider the rare vehicular swap/juggle the small price for being someone who owns and drives a legitimate sports car.

But if you need something with back seats, GM makes that; it's called the Cadillac CTS-V. :)

.Jinx
it's even available as a wagon

BlueOx 07-16-2013 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jinx (Post 1584425655)
It's okay if the excitement is flagging a bit. But I bet the first magazine tests will get a rise out of you. And when you see one on the street it'll get your attention.

Remember, if you have an erection lasting more than four hours, seek immediate medical attention.

That's what her car is for. Seriously, think about how many miles you put on a car by yourself (or out on a date) versus how many miles you're in family-transport mode. Consider the rare vehicular swap/juggle the small price for being someone who owns and drives a legitimate sports car.

But if you need something with back seats, GM makes that; it's called the Cadillac CTS-V. :)

.Jinx
it's even available as a wagon

When are we seeing a pic of yours?:cheers:

BPhillyc8 07-16-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by stevelischynsky (Post 1584421300)
Just wait till the new Transformer movie is released. Every kid will want a lime green C7.

And then, they will even get a free surprise free tour of the GM plant by some "Poser" Transformers Mr."Movie Guy" with all his supposed connections (see a thread from a few days ago to fully understand his idiocy)...who in actuality, hasn't cleared it with anyone but in his own glorified egomaniac mind.

$$$frumnuttin' 07-16-2013 10:45 PM

Not to be misinterpreted, what I was trying to describe was the feeling I got cruising down the E-way with the headers and corsas playing great music to my ears, and the coilovers delivering that smooth ride. I began to think I'm not in any hurry for the C7...I can take my time and do it right...my plan is to tour the factory in November on the way back from vacation. I think that is the best way to see the many combinations of body colors, interiors, etc. The experience will pump up my attitude and prompt me to place an order then for a spring delivery, or maybe just wait a little longer for the Auto Show and see what transpires with a new model. In the meantime I can still enjoy the Corvette experience until winter. It's not like the C7 is my first Vette is what I was trying to point out.:cheers:

Jinx 07-17-2013 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584425856)
When are we seeing a pic of yours?:cheers:

It's in the Garage.

SCM_Crash 07-17-2013 12:23 AM

Nope. Every time I get in my Toyota I get more excited for the C7.

Glenmcp 07-17-2013 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by evilmonkey View Post

10) Built/shipped! YES!
11) Arrived! I LOVE IT!

Save this post for the C8 so you will not have to retype it. The C8, how cool with those triangle tail lights.

talon90 07-17-2013 09:50 AM

For me, quite the contrary. I now am on the verge of getting mine, the excitement for me is building.

I miss my C6, hate not having a Corvette during the driving season but I am completely excited about moving on to the Stingray and can't wait for my day to come.

$$$frumnuttin' 07-17-2013 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1584428884)
For me, quite the contrary. I now am on the verge of getting mine, the excitement for me is building.

I miss my C6, hate not having a Corvette during the driving season but I am completely excited about moving on to the Stingray and can't wait for my day to come.

Good for you! I can't imagine life without a Vette:ack: I may even keep my current ride I like it so much...I have a lift for storing one above, and may just do that...tough decision:cheers:

Daekwan06 07-17-2013 10:25 AM

No. Its just you.

As much as I love my C6, I love the upgrades on the C7 even more. As soon as I get the financial opportunity to upgrade. I'm doing exactly that. I'm probably more excited about all of tech upgrades, than I am the performance in the C7. Because the tech is something I will get to use every day, while I cannot even use the full potential of my LS2 C6 on public streets. The digital dash, 8" touchscreen, color HUD.

Cant wait to drive K.I.T.T.. even if its just to Costco :)

These pictures REALLY make the interior of the C6 look old & outdated.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...003-148662.jpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...002-148661.jpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...001-148660.jpg

Get_UmJ13 07-17-2013 11:11 AM

I want to purchase one but will be forced to wait (financial) but its a good way to allow the kinks to be worked out in a earlier year release models.

Greg00Coupe 07-17-2013 11:25 AM

First year car, stay away? MSRP or even an adder? Camaro deal?

I guess it all depends on your view of life does it not???

If you are fortunate that you can gurantee tomorrow, guarantee your health then I would say wait. If you need to save money or have other obligations wait.

But please don't wait too long!!!!!

For me I love my C6 and loved my C5 20 times more. Went to the 60th looked at the C7 and was mildly impressed. I told the wife I think it is time to look at a Porsche on new Jag. I did and their sticker. For the price difference, I can buy 2 C7s......I ordered my C7 yesterday.

Life is too short. If it does not make my day I can trade it off.

Each to their own.

$$$frumnuttin' 07-17-2013 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=Daekwan06;1584429203]No. Its just you.

As much as I love my C6, I love the upgrades on the C7 even more. As soon as I get the financial opportunity to upgrade. I'm doing exactly that. I'm probably more excited about all of tech upgrades, than I am the performance in the C7. Because the tech is something I will get to use every day, while I cannot even use the full potential of my LS2 C6 on public streets. The digital dash, 8" touchscreen, color HUD.

Cant wait to drive K.I.T.T.. even if its just to Costco :)

These pictures REALLY make the interior of the C6 look old & outdated.

Yes, I'm with you on that...I love all the tech stuff and the plush interior upgrades. The problem now is it's not on my mind so much any more due to the dragged out suspenseful process...I dislike the process very much...I wish I could just go to the dealer and pick one out and be on my way. Like I said, when I'm driving my current ride, I am quite content. I wish GM had postponed the reveal til spring.:D

SCM_Crash 07-17-2013 12:02 PM

Yeah, this is a very long gap without information again... Perhaps they could tell us what the Z51 adds to car (as far as weight). LOL I don't even care myself, but it would at least be something to give us.

lottavettes 07-17-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by post-it (Post 1584424754)
Cool off, are you kidding me? I have been in love with this car since I saw it on Barrett Jackson in January. I immediately placed a deposit with a local dealer and today they called me with my order number and a TPW of
Mid August. I am totally fired up and can't wait to get the phone call that it has arrived. Have not been this excited about a car since I bought my "67" in 1967. This is the first GM product I will have purchased my "76" Vette in 1976.

:iagree::cheers::cheers::woohoo:

I'm like the kid waiting for the candy store to open. More excited about this vette than any of my previous seven.

I'll bet it's dark where those naysayers have their heads

red2012 07-17-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584425482)
I'd just have to say to the OP that I am tons MORE 'cooled-off' on the C6. :D
I never got 'hot' about the C5...never.

Where in this thread title or topic does it anywhere refer to a C6.

Hirohawa 07-17-2013 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1584430232)
Where in this thread title or topic does it anywhere refer to a C6.

It's just deflection. He does this whenever someone criticizes the C7 - brings up previous Corvettes or even other cars to stir it up instead of just taking about the C7.

Like a politician trying to avoid the question by bringing up another issue filled with incorrect facts as his defense. Good ol' BlueHair - always a laugh.

85scott 07-17-2013 03:32 PM

Probably the minority on a C7 forum, but the more I see and learn, the more I like the C6. The C7 is still a world class car though.

elegant 07-18-2013 12:07 AM

Forbes Magazine just declared the Stingray the "Hottest 2014 Car."

Guess not; guess that things are not cooling off on the C7!!!

lt4obsesses 07-18-2013 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1584429963)
Yeah, this is a very long gap without information again... Perhaps they could tell us what the Z51 adds to car (as far as weight). LOL I don't even care myself, but it would at least be something to give us.

I was thinking similar. From what I've seen and read. I think it's a great car. But, yes, this point in time, with production rolling near, and the reveal a distant memory, there's just nothing to get fired up about right now.

Perhaps if I had on on order I would feel differently. I'm just waiting to see it in person...pictures are wearing on me.

jr3 07-18-2013 01:13 AM

I say NO WAY cooling off... Still just as HOT as ever, maybe even more.

The more info., pics, etc. that comes out, the more people want it... It's going to be "the car to have"... Should still be HOT for a while.

1analguy 07-19-2013 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Turbobndt (Post 1584425050)

If you mean that you're just about to hurl from disgust, then I couldn't agree with you more completely...

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1584436291)
Forbes Magazine just declared the Stingray the "Hottest 2014 Car."...

I know I always look to Forbes before forming an opinion...:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by 85scott (Post 1584431756)
Probably the minority on a C7 forum, but the more I see and learn, the more I like the C6. The C7 is still a world class car though.

:iagree: In the minority, maybe. Alone, definitely not.

JustinStrife 07-19-2013 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by 1analguy (Post 1584445542)
If you mean that you're just about to hurl from disgust, then I couldn't agree with you more completely...

More people in this section are hurling from the stupidity of your posts, than not...

$$$frumnuttin' 07-19-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses (Post 1584436452)
I was thinking similar. From what I've seen and read. I think it's a great car. But, yes, this point in time, with production rolling near, and the reveal a distant memory, there's just nothing to get fired up about right now.

Perhaps if I had on on order I would feel differently. I'm just waiting to see it in person...pictures are wearing on me.

:iagree: I guess I should have excluded those who already have an order in...of course they are pumped. But the rest of us need something every so often to keep our interest up...life goes on.:cheers:

Cedarberry 07-19-2013 11:33 AM

Well congrats to all who have a C7 commin your way, you guys are truly blessed:thumbs:

I just got into my first Vette, 99 FRC. I'm 55, and semi retired. I've never made the income in my early years to make it happen. Now that kids are just about finished with college, I'm lookin into a C6, will be keepin the C5 as well.

I'd give both nuts for a brand spankin new C7 on the spot. I think the styling is as good or better then any high dollar sports car out there. Car hauls ass sittin still:)

Ill be lookin for a Used C7 sometime in 2020, lol

Once again congrats to all who have one commin, your some of the luckiest guys out there, enjoy

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 01:15 PM

I have found that if you say, (Any-Thing ), Negative, as per the C7, they will not let you 'Post-It'.. The reason, I did not upgrade our membership, and many-others!!!!Bob

gthal 07-19-2013 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584448600)
I have found that if you say, (Any-Thing ), Negative, as per the C7, they will not let you 'Post-It'.. The reason, I did not upgrade our membership, and many-others!!!!Bob

That's crazy... lots of folks posting negative comments without the mods interfering. It is the troll like comments (specifically to stir things up) or repetitive, beating dead horse, posts that seem to be frowned upon. That is reasonable IMO.

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1584431710)
It's just deflection. He does this whenever someone criticizes the C7 - brings up previous Corvettes or even other cars to stir it up instead of just taking about the C7.

Like a politician trying to avoid the question by bringing up another issue filled with incorrect facts as his defense. Good ol' BlueHair - always a laugh.

Thank-you, but.. I just don't 'Get-It', if you have a Forum, feel all should be included...

gthal 07-19-2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584448667)
Thank-you, but.. I just don't 'Get-It', if you have a Forum, feel all should be included...

Subject to the rules determined by the forum itself, then yes. However, you have to admit that sometimes it simply gets very old when people continue to beat the dead horse... that takes away the enjoyment of the forum for others. Expressing dissenting opinions is not the issue IMO but some people are here with an agenda that goes far beyond a dissenting opinion.

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 01:31 PM

Well, I am newer...here....but (Older).... and seems, I made a very nice Post, just (Trying), to get some Input... and , it wasn't Posted to well..Upset me...
I was not rude, mean, etc., gee, never have been, and won't start:-) Bob

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1584448710)
Subject to the rules determined by the forum itself, then yes. However, you have to admit that sometimes it simply gets very old when people continue to beat the dead horse... that takes away the enjoyment of the forum for others. Expressing dissenting opinions is not the issue IMO but some people are here with an agenda that goes far beyond a dissenting opinion.

I got.. it it is either (Positive), or ( Or-For-Get-It)...Thank-you, as per your being honest!

gthal 07-19-2013 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584448751)
I got.. it it is either (Positive), or ( Or-For-Get-It)...Thank-you, as per your being honest!

I don't know that you understood my post... I didn't say "positive" or "forget it". I said both views should be fine as long as either aren't solely to stir up sh!t or are so repetitive that it becomes nauseating.

P.S. Why do you put brackets around some of your words? I'm just curious because I find it makes reading the post more difficult and wondering why?

Mike Mercury 07-19-2013 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584448600)
I have found that if you say, (Any-Thing ), Negative, as per the C7, they will not let you 'Post-It'..

that is a complete lie.

It's common fact that with this being an enthusiast forum, they won't allow whole series negativity to be placed in that models particular section. Fact.

Anyone that would venture on an enthusiast web site, then intentionally go into a specific series section of said forum... of a model they flat-out don't like... and then decide to post there, is a troll.

BlueOx 07-19-2013 01:52 PM

Not deflection...honestly, it is by far the more important question. Are you going to buy a new C6 Corvette INSTEAD of the C7 Stingray or are you being cooled off that idea because the C7 is far more advanced and interesting after 9 years of the C6.

Incorrect facts? I don't see you disputing facts that I state.

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 02:57 PM

:rock::thumbs::willy::iagree:

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584449431)

::salute::lol:

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584449431)

For (Some-reason ) LOL, they did not want me to agree with You!!!:rofl:

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 03:11 PM

Thank-you, So appreciate, your input and kindness...:-)

JustinStrife 07-19-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1584448796)
that is a complete lie.

It's common fact that with this being an enthusiast forum, they won't allow whole series negativity to be placed in that models particular section. Fact.

Anyone that would venture on an enthusiast web site, then intentionally go into a specific series section of said forum... of a model they flat-out don't like... and then decide to post there, is a troll.

How anyone cannot understand this, is beyond me.

SCM_Crash 07-19-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cedarberry (Post 1584447744)
Well congrats to all who have a C7 commin your way, you guys are truly blessed:thumbs:

I just got into my first Vette, 99 FRC. I'm 55, and semi retired. I've never made the income in my early years to make it happen. Now that kids are just about finished with college, I'm lookin into a C6, will be keepin the C5 as well.

I'd give both nuts for a brand spankin new C7 on the spot. I think the styling is as good or better then any high dollar sports car out there. Car hauls ass sittin still:)

Ill be lookin for a Used C7 sometime in 2020, lol

Once again congrats to all who have one commin, your some of the luckiest guys out there, enjoy

I know exactly where you're coming from. My dad didn't get his first Vette until he was about 51 and it was a total beater. But he loved it. A couple years ago he bought a C5 as well and loves that car a lot! He'll be 62 this year.

The 99 FRC is a collectible! They're rare cars. Don't let it go! (or sell it to me if you do. LOL) I sold my C5Z and I would love to have another C5 (especially a FRC).

WHT 07-20-2013 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Turbobndt (Post 1584425050)

I'm confused. You think people who like the C7 also like the women in this picture? :)

DREAMERAK 07-20-2013 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1584450526)
How anyone cannot understand this, is beyond me.

They understand it, they just choose to ignore it and keep on trolling.

midnightbluS10 07-20-2013 08:39 PM

<snip>

That's all we're saying.

Every Corvette made so far doesn't have round tail lights.

C7 4 Me 07-21-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584449468)
For (Some-reason ) LOL, they did not want me to agree with You!!!:rofl:

You appear to be lost. Let me help you.

<Click here for link to the C6 Forum, General Discussion>