CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   10 Awesome Things about the 2014 Corvette Stingray (New C&D Article) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3303652-10-awesome-things-about-the-2014-corvette-stingray-new-c-and-d-article.html)

Z0Sick6 07-11-2013 02:50 PM

10 Awesome Things about the 2014 Corvette Stingray (New C&D Article)

Good read below. I didn't know a bunch of those things!

Enjoy!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/10-awes...ntent=Netvibes

1) The C7 marks the first use of a “shape memory alloy wire” in a production vehicle.

To save weight (approximately 1.1 pounds) and reduce complexity, the new Corvette uses a smart material wire to operate a cabin vent in the cargo area that required a motorized actuator on previous models. Triggered by the opening of the hatch, heat generated by an electrical current similar to that of a interior courtesy lamp is used to contract a wire, thereby moving a lever that opens the vent, letting air escape to reduce cabin pressure and make shutting the lid easier. Once the hatch is closed, the current cuts off, the wire returns to its original shape, and a return spring closes the vent to maintain cabin temperature.

GM has earned 247 patents for smart materials such as this over five years of research and development, and it figures there are approximately 200 motorized systems in the typical vehicle that could be replaced with smart materials. Typically made of copper-aluminum-nickel or nickel-titanium, smart materials can change their shape, strength, and/or stiffness when acted upon by heat, stress, a magnetic field, or voltage, and return to their original shape when the trigger is deactivated.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 VIR

2) The C7 is the first-ever production Corvette with a rear weight bias.

Although Chevrolet claims a straight-up 50/50 weight distribution, our scales demonstrated a rearward weight bias, with 49.4 percent sitting over the front axle and 50.6 to the rear. And, yes, we’re aware the C6.R competition Corvette also tipped the scales to the stern; we’re talking strictly production models.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) Rear Suspension

3) The C7′s eLSD (electronic limited-slip differential) goes from open to full lock in tenths of a second.

Dubbed eLSD in GM speak, the suggestively named diff comes standard with the Z51 Performance Package, and employs a hydraulically actuated clutch that infinitely varies the amount of engagement, going from open to full lock in tenths of a second. Fully integrated with the stability-control and Performance Traction Management systems, the system controls the differential according to an algorithm that factors in vehicle speed, steering input, and throttle position.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) Brake Rotor and Caliper Chassis

4) Corvettes equipped with an automatic transmission or Z51 Performance Package get functional vents and rear-mounted transmission and differential heat exchangers.

Multiple heat exchangers are a given in this segment. What’s notable about the C7′s are their rear mounting positions, which moves weight rearward and eliminates some of the plumbing (and likely shaves some pounds) in comparison to the C6 pieces. The vent on the driver’s side rear fender directs air over the transmission heat exchanger, while the corresponding vent on the other side directs air over the eLSD cooler. Both exhale the air through aircraft-inspired taillamp vents and outlets in the lower rear fascia.

5) A NASA-developed insulation called Aerogel is used on the transmission tunnel.

Many owners concur that the center tunnel in the C6 can get toasty, and with the C7 now locating the exhaust in an even tighter space, the potential to exacerbate the problem is very real. To combat this, Chevrolet is using insulation made from Aerogel, a material developed by NASA for use in space suits. Considered for years to be the lightest solid material in existence, Aerogel is 99.8 percent air (thereby replacing the liquid portion of a gel with a gas), yet it insulates 39 times better than the best fiberglass. The C7’s tunnel has a 10-mm (0.4-inch) layer of an automotive grade version of the stuff applied to its sides, and another 5 mm (0.2 inch) on top. Hip, style-conscious owners may want to wear vintage space-suit pants whenever possible.

Comparison Test: 2013 SRT Viper GTS vs. 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Official Photos and Info: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray / Z51
Instrumented Test: 2013 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Convertible

6) $50K was the price target from the beginning.

From day one, Chevrolet was eyeing $50K for the C7’s base price. Targets change, but considering the amount of tech (including new seats!) packed into the C7, drawing the final line at $51,995—just $1400 more than the 2013 C6—is more than impressive. It no doubt required some sharp pencils and tough decisions, but it’s difficult to tell where pennies were pinched. Bravo.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7)

7. It’s the 30-mpg supercar.

You may have missed the recent news that the C7 earned an official EPA highway estimate of 29 mpg, and that it will actually return 30 mpg on the highway cycle with Eco mode selected, which enables the small-block V-8′s cylinder-deactivation system. GM claims direct injection, active fuel management, variable valve timing, and an advanced combustion process all help achieve this efficiency. It helps that the Corvette team put in serious work, too: The engine alone underwent more than 10 million hours of computational analysis, including more than 6 million hours on the combustion system.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) Brake Rotor and Caliper

8. No more cross-drilled rotors.

Equipped with Brembo brakes, the C7 ditches cross-drilled rotors for new discs vented by means of shallow grooves. Race teams were reporting cracking issues with the drilled units, while the new setup also maintains the benefit of better brake feel versus solid rotors, as the gasses don’t push back against the pads.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP

9. It wears some pretty special shoes.

Partner Michelin was selected as the OEM supplier for C7 rubber after a tire-company shootout, and it worked directly with the Corvette team for 36 months to create tires for the base car and the Z51 package. Michelin characterizes the resultant Pilot Super Sport ZP footwear as a cross between two of its best models, the PS2 and the PS Cup. The rubber is also among the world’s first street meat to be engineered using the exact same computer models used to create tires for Le Mans and ALSM racers, and incorporates many of the same rubber mixes in its construction.

10. The tires feature asymmetrical sidewalls.

Michelin has employed asymmetrical sidewalls since the first ZR1 run-flat radials, and this technology continues in C7. The inside walls of the tires are 3 mm (0.12 inch) thicker and molded with a stiffer construction to optimize comfort and cornering adhesion characteristics. The new Michelin radials also have 150 different constituents in their tread compounds.

empirecovers 07-11-2013 03:27 PM

Thanks for sharing this!

I've always had an eye for the Corvette Stingrays. The shape just really screams American Muscle! The 10 points that were touched in this article really highlight the body. I'd like to see what is on the inside. When thinking about the Stingray, I think old school hot rods. I can't wait to see the new school technology inside of the car to make it really stand out!

Kappa 07-11-2013 03:34 PM

Although Chevrolet claims a straight-up 50/50 weight distribution, our scales demonstrated a rearward weight bias, with 49.4 percent sitting over the front axle and 50.6 to the rear.
So they've already tested it...hmm...:toetap:

Z0Sick6 07-11-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kappa (Post 1584382751)
So they've already tested it...hmm...:toetap:

Yes all mag data will be out in next months issue. They signed agreements not to release till a specified date.

Kappa 07-11-2013 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6 (Post 1584382765)
Yes all mag data will be out in next months issue. They signed agreements not to release till a specified date.

I figured GM would embargo that info. Oh well, just have to be patient. :D

usroute66 MKW 07-11-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6 (Post 1584382765)

At any given moment, auto writers have scores of vehicles tested and ready to publish as soon as each one's embargo is lifted - test , evaluate and write it up on the plane flight to the next press intro - that's their business- no hanging around every make's buff boards stressing about minutiae.
It's just a job and these are ultimately just " products " to them , whether wine,cars, watches, furniture, macrame needles, etc

:D

harlold 07-11-2013 04:05 PM

Hope everyone enjoys skip-shift to attain #7... Worst "feature" ever in a performance car, ever.

TTRotary 07-11-2013 04:09 PM

Good tech stuff, but I just have to laugh at this:

Both exhale the air through aircraft-inspired taillamp vents and outlets in the lower rear fascia.

I wasn't aware the F22 had tail lamps or dripping mascara vents. Why don't they just tell the truth: Ed Wellburn has a crush on Avril Lavigne and wants everyone to be reminded of her every time they see a C7 go by. Either way, it just looks silly.

Big Dan 427 07-11-2013 04:17 PM

Very nice post OP.

I question #7 though, the word "supercar" that is.

live2drive 07-11-2013 04:21 PM

Good article and thanks for the link. I am looking forward to the magazine test drives and reviews. :thumbs:

Mike Mercury 07-11-2013 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584383071)
Very nice post OP.

:iagree:

Partner Michelin was selected as the OEM supplier for C7 rubber
ANYONE (other than Goodyear) :thumbs:

69L79 07-11-2013 04:29 PM

Good find, OP. :thumbs: This generation will bring Vette fans some great things. :yesnod: Now, the wait for the usual suspects. :toetap:

CPhelps 07-11-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by harlold (Post 1584382955)
Hope everyone enjoys skip-shift to attain #7... Worst "feature" ever in a performance car, ever.

If you drive it like a performance car it will never activate.

jimmyb 07-11-2013 04:46 PM

Please.
I've owned 4 corvettes with CAGS, driven them over 13 years combined, and can remember 3 times that CAGS reared it's head....in 13 years! You truly have to drive the car like a GREAT GRANDMOTHER to have a CAGS intrusion.

Jimmy

jimmyb 07-11-2013 04:50 PM

Very nice post OP.

Well, of course you would.

What, pray tell, is YOUR definition of a "supercar", especially since we have the new "hypercar" moniker to take care of the 918/LaFerrari/P1/Veyron/Aventadors of the world.

Jimmy

speedlink 07-11-2013 05:07 PM

Skip shift is not a problem. Just accelerate to 25mph. then you can shift all you want. CAGS really never intrudes, unless you are afraid to drive the car. And it's only when shifting from 1st gear.

Don't understand the concern.

BlueOx 07-11-2013 05:08 PM

Very nice post OP.

Well, you've been whining about all this GM stuff and now you have it from the supposedly 'independent' C&D's mouth so deal with it. :thumbs:

ChucksZ06 07-11-2013 05:16 PM

Thanks for the list. You can see lots of little areas that add wt to the car. Moving coolers to the rear necessitates longer lines that contain addition fluids...small things add up. I bet the electro locking diff weighs more also.

BlueOx 07-11-2013 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06 (Post 1584383553)
Thanks for the list. You can see lots of little areas that add wt to the car. Moving coolers to the rear necessitates longer lines that contain addition fluids...small things add up. I bet the electro locking diff weighs more also.

No, that is exactly why they did move them to the back where the tranny and diff are located. The coolers are actually further back to reduce the length of the lines.

Big Dan 427 07-11-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1584383344)
Well, of course you would.

What, pray tell, is YOUR definition of a "supercar", especially since we have the new "hypercar" moniker to take car of the 918/LaFerrari/P1/Veyron/Aventadors of the world.

Jimmy

Come on Jimmy are you kidding me? Do you really think the C7 can be categorized as a supercar? I'll answer your question, a low production super high performance exclusive auto. The C7 absolutely does not fit supercar criteria, about the only Vette that I would say does is a ZR1. Even the C7 lovers would agree with this.

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584383491)
Well, you've been whining about all this GM stuff and now you have it from the supposedly 'independent' C&D's mouth so deal with it. :thumbs:

It's funny how you and Jimmy did not mention my "very nice post OP" comment. Oh well, no problem.:cheers:

LS1LT1 07-11-2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6 (Post 1584382339)
2) The C7 is the first-ever production Corvette with a rear weight bias.

Although Chevrolet claims a straight-up 50/50 weight distribution, our scales demonstrated a rearward weight bias, with 49.4 percent sitting over the front axle and 50.6 to the rear.

Are they sure about that one?
I could've sworn that the C3 era small blocks had a slight rear weight bias as well?

OHV4LIFE 07-11-2013 05:48 PM

Did they, by any chance, come up with a list of 10 Worst Things About the 2014 Corvette for the haters?

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents
10. Looks too much like a Viper/Ferrari/McLaren/Mazda/GTR/etc, etc, etc

EDIT

11. Screaming chicken logo

BlueOx 07-11-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE (Post 1584383764)
Did they, by any chance, come up with a list of 10 Worst Things About the 2014 Corvette for the haters?

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents

They could come up with such a list for half the cars they test.

Mike Mercury 07-11-2013 05:52 PM

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents

have you already decided the C7 is not for you then ?

Snorman 07-11-2013 05:56 PM

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents

This is like drawing moths to a flame.
Would be nice if a thread could go a few pages without the usual suspects coming and ******** in it.
:thumbs:
S.

burtonbl103 07-11-2013 05:58 PM

:cool:

OHV4LIFE 07-11-2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1584383842)
This is like drawing moths to a flame.
Would be nice if a thread could go a few pages without the usual suspects coming and ******** in it.
S.

I'm just noting the ridiculousness of the C7 forums. I don't think there's is any forum where the "fans" constantly complain about the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. As you can probably tell, there's another thread about DCT. And another thread about the weight. I'm sure there will be another thread or poll out soon concerning the C7's "lack" of horsepower.

Big Dan 427 07-11-2013 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE (Post 1584383868)
I'm just noting the ridiculousness of the C7 forums. I don't think there's is any forum where the "fans" constantly complain about the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. As you can probably tell, there's another thread about DCT. And another thread about the weight. I'm sure there will be another thread or poll out soon concerning the C7's "lack" of horsepower.

You must be a forum expert! Wow 116 posts in 7 months, since everyone here likes to talk #'s so much that is an average of around 4 posts a week. I'm going to listen to your expertise from now on, please keep posting.:D

jimmyb 07-11-2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584383719)
Come on Jimmy are you kidding me? Do you really think the C7 can be categorized as a supercar? I'll answer your question, a low production super high performance exclusive auto. The C7 absolutely does not fit supercar criteria, about the only Vette that I would say does is a ZR1. Even the C7 lovers would agree with this.

It's funny how you and Jimmy did not mention my "very nice post OP" comment. Oh well, no problem.:cheers:

Thank you for complimenting the OP with the "very nice post"

And here is the email address for Car and Driver so you can write a letter questioning THEIR use of the word "supercar" in their article:

editors@caranddriver.com

Your definition of a "supercar" is your opinion. C&D obviously disagrees with you and they have their definition (opinion). In my OPINION, any car that will do 0 - 60 in under 4 seconds with a 190MPH top speed qualifies as a "supercar". As always, YMMV.

Jimmy

PS. As far as the complaining on the C7 forum, well, some of the guys on here could go on a date with Cindy Crawford and then complain about what she wore.

Big Dan 427 07-11-2013 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1584383942)
Thank you for complimenting the OP with the "very nice post"

And here is the email address for Car and Driver so you can write a letter questioning THEIR use of the word "supercar" in their article:

editors@caranddriver.com

Your definition of a "supercar" is your opinion. C&D obviously disagrees with you and they have their definition (opinion). In my OPINION, any car that will do 0 - 60 in under 4 seconds with a 190MPH top speed qualifies as a "supercar". As always, YMMV.

Jimmy

Nope sorry Jim, Then you'd have to consider the ZL1 and "Stang SS as supercars. Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion but even C&D can be wrong!

Oh and what is YMMV?

truth.b 07-11-2013 06:25 PM

Really the fuel door?

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents

#4 Really ... you don't like the shape of the fuel door. Now that's just petty... :nonod:

CitationZ06@yahoo 07-11-2013 06:30 PM

OHV4LIFE

at least it doesn't look like a mustang. :crazy2:

BlueOx 07-11-2013 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584383915)
You must be a forum expert! Wow 116 posts in 7 months, since everyone here likes to talk #'s so much that is an average of around 4 posts a week. I'm going to listen to your expertise from now on, please keep posting.:D

So your endlessly whining means you are offering expertise?:lolg:

Big Dan 427 07-11-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584384075)
So your endlessly whining means you are offering expertise?:lolg:

I wouldn't call it whining, I'd say more like telling it as I see it. Unfortunately some just have a difficult time hearing the second coming needs to go back to the drawing board!:rofl:

Speednet 07-11-2013 06:37 PM

I wish people would stop responding to the obviously idiotic trolls who post in the C7 forum. You people who keep responding are just as responsible for these threads going off-topic as the idiot troll.

WE ALL KNOW that the idiots who keep complaining about everything are trolls. WE DON'T NEED you to keep arguing with the idiots. Just IGNORE their idiotic posts, and then their idiotic posts will get lost in the thread among all the ON-TOPIC posts.

jimmyb 07-11-2013 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584384014)

Nope sorry Jim, Then you'd have to consider the ZL1 and "Stang SS as supercars. Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion but even C&D can be wrong!

Oh and what is YMMV?

Your mileage may vary

Certainly, everyone can (and will be) wrong, although opinions, by their very nature, won't be wrong to the person stating them. I would offer that your 2 examples certainly qualify based on your definition of "exclusivity". There sure aren't many Super Snakes or ZL-1's running around, at least where I live. (I see more Ferraris here than those 2 cars. I have seen ONE ZL-1 and have never seen a Super Snake)

Jimmy

BlueOx 07-11-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584384103)
I wouldn't call it whining, I'd say more like telling it as I see it. Unfortunately some just have a difficult time hearing the second coming needs to go back to the drawing board!:rofl:

Whiners never think they are whining. Just ask any whiny child.

OHV4LIFE 07-11-2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by truth.b (Post 1584384036)
#4 Really ... you don't like the shape of the fuel door. Now that's just petty... :nonod:

I'm referring back to this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...c7-really.html

OHV4LIFE 07-11-2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584383915)

Well, I do have a life outside of these forums. I have a job and a girlfriend that I have to keep "satisfied" :cool:

Big Dan 427 07-11-2013 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1584384135)
Your mileage may vary

Certainly, everyone can (and will be) wrong, although opinions, by their very nature, won't be wrong to the person stating them. I would offer that your 2 examples certainly qualify based on your definition of "exclusivity". There sure aren't many Super Snakes or ZL-1's running around, at least where I live. (I see more Ferraris here than those 2 cars. I have seen ONE ZL-1 and have never seen a Super Snake)

Jimmy

Actually I don't see many either, I don't know how the productions #'s but I don't think they are "low", meaning a few hundred. I also must apologize, I did leave one piece of criteria out and that would be expense. I would say in that regard a ZR1 is on the low end of the supercar expense category, then up to the limited Porsches/Lambos/Ferraris etc.:thumbs:

LouB57 07-11-2013 07:10 PM

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents

EDIT

12. The Inevitable Trolls that frequent the C7 Forum ;)

ZL-1 07-11-2013 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by speedlink (Post 1584383481)
Skip shift is not a problem. Just accelerate to 25mph. then you can shift all you want. CAGS really never intrudes, unless you are afraid to drive the car. And it's only when shifting from 1st gear.

Don't understand the concern.

Guys who use their Corvette as a fun car have no problem with CAGS. If you use it as a daily driver and get stuck in traffic jams where you just creep along, then you'll curse CAGS. Those owners are the ones who need to eliminate their CAGS.

Still, CAGS is worth the trouble, it's saved us all a lot of $$ in gas-guzzler taxes :thumbs:

ZL-1 07-11-2013 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by LS1LT1 (Post 1584383762)
Are they sure about that one?
I could've sworn that the C3 era small blocks had a slight rear weight bias as well?

:iagree:

You're right. Since 1963 there have been many Corvette models that have had better than a 50/50 rearward weight bias. Apparently C&D quoted a GM press release without consulting their own archives.

sam90lx 07-11-2013 07:32 PM

1. Camaro Lights
2. Fangs
3. Skinny Tires
4. Round Fuel Door
5. Not Enough Power
6. No AWD
7. No DCT
8. No E85
9. Ugly Vents

EDIT

Fangs....# 1 !!!

gthal 07-11-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584384103)
Unfortunately some just have a difficult time hearing the second coming needs to go back to the drawing board!:rofl:

People don't have a "difficult time hearing it" as much as it's simply annoying because, for them, it doesn't have to go back to the drawing board :thumbs:

It also looks like for the mags (C&D and MT anyway), they also don't think it needs to go back :D

michaelinmech 07-11-2013 07:36 PM

It was just 40ish posts ago that this Thread was about the 10 AWESOME Things About the 2014 Corvette - a Nice Topic . . . . then someone threw in CAGS, someone else threw in 10 Worst Things, and in the blink of an eye the Trolls and regular Infighters yet once again, left the original topic off in the distance, replaced with their regular bullshot agendas . . . . . Sad :shrug:

gthal 07-11-2013 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584384561)
It was just 40ish posts ago that this Thread was about the 10 AWESOME Things About the 2014 Corvette - a Nice Topic . . . . then someone threw in CAGS, someone else threw in 10 Worst Things, and in the blink of an eye the Trolls and regular Infighters yet once again, left the original topic off in the distance, replaced with their regular bullshot agendas . . . . . Sad :shrug:

This is exactly why people get so defensive and annoyed. Positive or productive topics get ruined continuously by folks who simply want to de-rail things. And then those people suggest others are too sensitive... it isn't being too sensitive it is being constantly pestered and annoyed. :ack:

Fastcat3 07-11-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by CPhelps (Post 1584383290)

You are correct about that. Skip shift is only an issue when you are asleep at the wheel so to speak!

Snorman 07-11-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1584384605)
This is exactly why people get so defensive and annoyed. Positive or productive topics get ruined continuously by folks who simply want to de-rail things. And then those people suggest others are too sensitive... it isn't being too sensitive it is being constantly pestered and annoyed. :ack:

It won't be an issue for much longer. Do you really think any of those people are going to come into a thread where somebody posts pictures of their new C7 and make dumb comments about the "fangs" or the taillights or the plastic wheel well trim? I would submit they'll either be banned from this section in short order or they'll just disappear.
If somebody was in one of the C6 sections doing the same thing, they'd be gone in a day or two.
S.

BlueOx 07-11-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584384537)
Fangs....# 1 !!!

Sure is! :ack:
http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto_s...quarters-2.jpg

sam90lx 07-11-2013 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1584384763)
It won't be an issue for much longer. Do you really think any of those people are going to come into a thread where somebody posts pictures of their new C7 and make dumb comments about the "fangs" or the taillights or the plastic wheel well trim? I would submit they'll either be banned from this section in short order or they'll just disappear.
If somebody was in one of the C6 sections doing the same thing, they'd be gone in a day or two.
S.

Why? Do those same people get banned for making fun of the GS gills? No! And they should not unless some Sissies complain. It's a forum...get use to it!

sam90lx 07-11-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584384813)

Those Zits are much smaller and at least flow instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. Your the photoshop king....put the C7 right above or below that Viper pic! Then put up a poll if your brave enough.

BlueOx 07-11-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584384826)
Why? Do those same people get banned for making fun of the GS gills? No! And they should not unless some the Sissies complain. It's a forum...get use to it!

Whiners complain. Sissies bitch. Actually whiners complain and bitch.:cheers:

rgamache 07-11-2013 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by CPhelps (Post 1584383290)

:iagree: I've never had mine activate yet...and I tried..:rofl:

~Stingray 07-11-2013 08:24 PM

I good article with some good images.

Question: Is it true that if you don't get the Z51 package and a manual, your rear fender vents won't be functional? (#4 in the list)

JOHNGFLYER 07-11-2013 08:25 PM

#1 should be more reliable also. No real moving parts!!!!

Bill17601 07-11-2013 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584384839)
Those Zits are much smaller and at least flow instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. Your the photoshop king....put the C7 right above or below that Viper pic! Then put up a poll if your brave enough.

I am surprised you did not take this opportunity to promote the black wheels.

As for the fangs, I think I like the fangs better then the HUGE HOLES in your doors...

BlueOx 07-11-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584384839)

No they are fugly in my opinion. Way fugly.
In addition to my top five:
1. Complete suckage on the hood
2. Color like a buttercow
3. Black wheels
4. Horrible gap between nose and hood
5. The most clown-shoe-like butter cow ever seen

sam90lx 07-11-2013 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1584384969)
I am surprised you did not take this opportunity to promote the black wheels.

As for the fangs, I think I like the fangs better then the HUGE HOLES in your doors...

WHAT.....Holes, where? Lol

SBC_and_a_stick 07-12-2013 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584384211)
Actually I don't see many either, I don't know how the productions #'s but I don't think they are "low", meaning a few hundred. I also must apologize, I did leave one piece of criteria out and that would be expense. I would say in that regard a ZR1 is on the low end of the supercar expense category, then up to the limited Porsches/Lambos/Ferraris etc.:thumbs:

You sure take one of the best parts of the Corvette and throw it down the shitter. GM did one good thing, and that was to bring a sports car that can compete against any contemporary and sell it for a price that anyone can afford. That is an American success. It's modest and yet devastatingly capable. Kinda how Bejamin Franklin was the poorest dressed diplomat yet was pure genius among his foreign peers. It is American to the bone that way, and this very simple fact seems to elude you still.

Anyone of the top 2 dozen car manufacturers can make an expensive and exclusive car. That's never going to be a huge success. 1 in 50 will probably be as reliable and almost none will be as practical. It takes an insane amount of talent, from engineering, to managing to make a car like the Corvette. Honestly, you just don't get it. :(

Big Dan 427 07-12-2013 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick (Post 1584387294)
You sure take one of the best parts of the Corvette and throw it down the shitter. GM did one good thing, and that was to bring a sports car that can compete against any contemporary and sell it for a price that anyone can afford. That is an American success. It's modest and yet devastatingly capable. Kinda how Bejamin Franklin was the poorest dressed diplomat yet was pure genius among his foreign peers. It is American to the bone that way, and this very simple fact seems to elude you still.

Anyone of the top 2 dozen car manufacturers can make an expensive and exclusive car. That's never going to be a huge success. 1 in 50 will probably be as reliable and almost none will be as practical. It takes an insane amount of talent, from engineering, to managing to make a car like the Corvette. Honestly, you just don't get it. :(

Point out to me again what GM did please. They made a car that "might" be a tenth faster in the 1/4, they made a car that "might" be a couple of seconds faster around VIR (based on waiting for the mag testing), they made the car too get a couple of mpg better. The new car does pretty much everything the old GS did and that was developed over 10 years ago. Just b/c the car has some new skin and some new gadgets doesn't mean anything, all revised cars have these changes with evolution. Have you seen a new product come out that wasn't in some way enhanced to its predecessor? You guys give way too much credit, maybe you're all GM employees.

As for other manufacturers, they do what their business model targets they do. You make it sound like other companies are not successful, are you kidding me? You guys are all blinded by this unproven project called the C7, have you all forgotten that the almighty GM shouldn't even exist? Do you know how many people lost their life savings thanks to GM? Don't wave the corporate GM flag and demean the others as if they have no clue as to being successful. Believe me I'm happy for all the people who are still working b/c the government saved GM, otherwise they should have been left in the rubble they created. Believe me I get it, take off the rose colored glasses.:toetap:

Bill17601 07-12-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584385531)
WHAT.....Holes, where? Lol

Where you can stick your fist in to open the door. You blind?

Achmed 07-12-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584387497)
Point out to me again what GM did please. They made a car that "might" be a tenth faster in the 1/4, they made a car that "might" be a couple of seconds faster around VIR (based on waiting for the mag testing), they made the car too get a couple of mpg better. The new car does pretty much everything the old GS did and that was developed over 10 years ago.

Not sure where you're getting the "might" and "a tenth faster in the 1/4" - GM official time for GS 1/4 mile was 12.3 and for the C7 Z51 its 12.0, that's 0.3 second difference and not a "might" either

Big Dan 427 07-12-2013 07:33 AM

I'm sorry I meant to say 0-60 when saying a 1/10th faster. My bad.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-grand-sport.html

Achmed 07-12-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584387702)
I'm sorry I meant to say 0-60 when saying a 1/10th faster. My bad.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-grand-sport.html

0.15 :rofl:

0-60 time differences won't be significantly regardless. Using the same "1/10th" for 0-60 argument one can say that there's hardly any difference between the C6Z and the C7. The C7 0-60 is actually closer to the C6Z 0-60 than the GS 0-60.

Either one-tenth is nothing or it is - can't have it both ways :lol:

skank 07-12-2013 08:25 AM

The performance numbers GM puts out on their web site and info brochures are always conservative. C6 ZO6 since 2006 was published as 3.7 0-60,11.7 at 125, and 198 top end. Numerous magazines have reported better numbers through the years. I don't expect anything less from the C7. It's right there with the ZO6 now and no doubt will do better going forward. This is the most comprehensively reengineered Corvette to date. The competitors most likely to feel the heat from this is Porsche, than Viper and GTR. There will be defectors from these brands and even some high brow Italian cars. It's amazing that the haters and naysayers can't see this. Their just delusional or jealous.

LT1_E85_Corvette 07-12-2013 09:59 AM

Any car that beats a new Lamborghini, Porches, and so on at VIR is considered a Supercar in my book. Why is there SOOO much hate on these forums! I really don't understand our species...

OHV4LIFE 07-12-2013 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette (Post 1584388773)
Any car that beats a new Lamborghini, Porches, and so on at VIR is considered a Supercar in my book. Why is there SOOO much hate on these forums! I really don't understand our species...

It's probably due to a certain subset of C6 owners who are upset at the KBB value of their car.

ZL-1 07-12-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE (Post 1584388827)
It's probably due to a certain subset of C6 owners who are upset at the KBB value of their car.

That would be me :lol: ... But even so, How could I bash the C7? It's so much better in so many ways. You just have to face the facts and move on.

1985 Corvette 07-12-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ZL-1 (Post 1584388967)
That would be me :lol: ... But even so, How could I bash the C7? It's so much better in so many ways. You just have to face the facts and move on.

It is better. And to touch on what Sam mentioned regarding the unveiling of the C6 GS, that was majority C6 owners from my observation. If it were C4/5 guys dog piling the C6 section to talk about how much the GS sucked and hung aroung for weeks or months, the mods arms would be numb from swinging the ban hammer around all day.

That will be the case once people start to take deliveries. It becomes a put up or shut up atmosphere at that point. So if non C7 owners are hanging around to pot stir or harp on issues that have been hashed out in numerous threads, mods are going to start sending people on vacations. Just check the sticky at the top of this section regarding "decorum in C7 section".

Big Dan 427 07-12-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Achmed (Post 1584387799)
0.15 :rofl:

0-60 time differences won't be significantly regardless. Using the same "1/10th" for 0-60 argument one can say that there's hardly any difference between the C6Z and the C7. The C7 0-60 is actually closer to the C6Z 0-60 than the GS 0-60.

Either one-tenth is nothing or it is - can't have it both ways :lol:

All times matter or they wouldn't post them, you know that.:thumbs:

Big Dan 427 07-12-2013 11:22 AM

If three cars (a Murcie, Carrera GT and a C7) pulled into a crowd which one do you think would have the least people around it?

Originally Posted by OHV4LIFE (Post 1584388827)

All high volume cars drop, believe me the C7 will be no different!

sam90lx 07-12-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1584387578)
Where you can stick your fist in to open the door. You blind?

Yeah, can I borrow your glasses?

sam90lx 07-12-2013 01:01 PM

Have a video?:lurk:

rgamache 07-12-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick (Post 1584387294)

:iagree::flag:

LT1_E85_Corvette 07-12-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584390501)
Have a video?:lurk:

how would I have a video? GM just released the time and I think a video of the C7 doing the lap, and that's it however, with that alone we can compare it's time to other cars. This has all been discussed in other forum topics. Do some research :thumbs:

LT1_E85_Corvette 07-12-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584389495)
If three cars (a Murcie, Carrera GT and a C7) pulled into a crowd which one do you think would have the least people around it?

OK Mr. Vanity... are we talking about performance or looks? :smash:

Achmed 07-12-2013 02:09 PM

The Porsche Carrera GT would have the least people around it.

AVETTE 07-12-2013 02:31 PM

Great article, don't feed the Trolls :)

AVETTE 07-12-2013 02:32 PM

Update your Troll IGNORE lists! You'll be glad you did!

DFW_C7 07-12-2013 03:13 PM

The C6 driven up by one of the spectators gawking at 3 super cars?

--C

Big Dan 427 07-12-2013 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette (Post 1584391093)
OK Mr. Vanity... are we talking about performance or looks? :smash:

I googled and here is one of the many definitions of a "supercar". Do you or anyone else really categorize a C7 as a supercar? Please tell me no!:crazy:

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-buying...-of-a-supercar

JerriVette 07-12-2013 04:04 PM

Super car performance without question.

Looks are subjective so there's room on that as a personal opinion..

I think the c7 runs exotic in the same vein with its sImiliar Ferrari F12 like looks..

OHV4LIFE 07-12-2013 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584392032)
I googled and here is one of the many definitions of a "supercar". Do you or anyone else really categorize a C7 as a supercar? Please tell me no!:crazy:

If what you mean by supercar is very expensive ($200K+) and ultra exclusive, then I would say no. If you mean by actual performance regardless of price and exclusivity, I would say yes.

LT1_E85_Corvette 07-12-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584392032)

You sir can keep your Google search, and I will stick with the good words from Card and Driver... You know, the magazine that actually knows a lot about all car types. I would think they understand the definition of "supercar". I wish you could just stay in the C6 section where your 427 belongs :rofl: