CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   c7 front end same as impala and malibu? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3298490-c7-front-end-same-as-impala-and-malibu.html)

DREAMERAK 07-01-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by ltdodge (Post 1584300370)
read my post I said bottom front end splitter

Lamborghini had that years ago, GM has been borrowing European design elements for about 70 years. Other manufacturers do it too.

C7 4 Me 07-01-2013 10:30 PM

I really like the fangs. Nice front-end accent. I am a bit worried about them scraping the driveway though.

I have a question for you all. I have a sort of V shaped driveway entry and I have some concern about the c7 scraping on my way in. I also have a neighbor with a Cadillac CTS-V. Does anyone think it would be worth my time to ask him to try and pull into my driveway to see if he can do so without scraping?

I think my question is, does anyone think the CTS-V's front end height and overhang is similar enough to what the C7's will be?

Chicago1 07-01-2013 10:55 PM

People still don't know what the fangs are for? For ****'s sake they are on Camry's. All cars will need to have them. Safety reason as it's been said in this thread and the other hundreds of post since last year...

Pisswilly 07-01-2013 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by ltdodge (Post 1584300324)
i aint crazy...splitter looks similar....look at the bottom dude. i didn't mean to offend your holy grail c7, just an observation...:chill:

Read Post 5 dude.

torquetube 07-01-2013 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1584300367)
If you do not like design direction remember who you vote for. Euro Ped regulations are insane and they are coming here.

Basically stop teaching people to look both ways before crossing the street. You have to get hit by a car doing 25mph and NOT cause major injury, that does not include broken legs which I think is the bench mark for a front impact.

For some reason it's accepted as axiomatic on CF that the whenever a car runs over somebody it's the pedestrian's fault, which is nonsense.

Wherever you have cars and people in close proximity (crosswalks, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.) you're going to have accidents, but the pedestrian will always come out the loser.

Add more cars and more people and eventually enough folks get maimed/killed per annum that somebody decides to impose minimum safety standards. The market will never select for these standards because the person getting run over isn't the person buying the car.

Apparently its possible for a car to comply with these standards and still look cool (see C7, Viper, F12, Aventador, etc.) Assuming the new cars are materially less likely to injure pedestrians, this hardly seems "insane."

SCM_Crash 07-01-2013 11:45 PM

http://gesvol.files.wordpress.com/20..._1920x1440.jpg

85scott 07-02-2013 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by StingRaycer (Post 1584300204)
At the walkaround in Bowling Green they said those extensions are needed to meet the upcoming European pedestrian safety standards. They said the EU thinks these "egg teeth" things that stick out will cause the ped's legs to not go under the car. hmmmmmm

Stupid Europeons! Another example of how Big Gov will use any excuse to expand by
continually attacking the average Joe with needless higher costs & less freedom.

That being said, I don't think it really detracts from the car. Of course if every new car is
forced by law to look the same, then that could become a problem very rapidly.....

Kappa 07-02-2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by 85scott (Post 1584302315)
Stupid Europeons! Another example of how Big Gov will use any excuse to expand by
continually attacking the average Joe with needless higher costs & less freedom.

That being said, I don't think it really detracts from the car. Of course if every new car is
forced by law to look the same, then that could become a problem very rapidly.....

It's not very stupid at all which is probably why the new designs have adopted them even though cars such as the Impala probably will never see overseas markets.

Glenmcp 07-02-2013 09:11 AM

This could get embarrassing. You park your car in a lot. Come back an hour later and try to unlock an Impala.

Kappa 07-02-2013 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Glenmcp (Post 1584302951)
This could get embarrassing. You park your car in a lot. Come back an hour later and try to unlock an Impala.

Or try to unlock a Camaro or Malibu or 599 or Viper or 280Z or Vega if people on this forum are to be believed.

texvette2 07-02-2013 10:20 AM

Some are a joke. There are some similarity and you just can't admit it.
You second coming corvette is not all that unique, Sorry

Aviator 07-02-2013 10:28 AM

Are we a little paranoid this morning? :D

Speednet 07-02-2013 10:35 AM

I really wish the mods here would delete trash threads like this.

StingRaycer 07-02-2013 11:04 AM

I am not going to valet park in my C7.... I might get Malibu or a Spark when I get my car to leave !!!!!! or even a Citroen :(

JoesC5 07-02-2013 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1584300367)
It is a CHEVROLET Corvette.

Chevy has a design direction.

Every company has one, its a basic design that flows across the line from cheap to expensive.

If you do not like design direction remember who you vote for. Euro Ped regulations are insane and they are coming here.

Basically stop teaching people to look both ways before crossing the street. You have to get hit by a car doing 25mph and NOT cause major injury, that does not include broken legs which I think is the bench mark for a front impact.

You're correct. I remember back in late 1962 when the new 1963 Sting Ray was released. First thing I said to myself...."looks just like a 1963 Biscayne".

In 1968 I bought the wife a new Chevy Caprice because it was a dead ringer for a 1968 corvette.

JustinStrife 07-02-2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by texvette2 (Post 1584303425)

Not as much of a joke as those who are trying to compare the new Corvette to the Volt and Impala on some styling cues. :lolg: :lolg:

Big Dan 427 07-02-2013 12:39 PM

Justin with all due respect many try to compare the C7 to the Ferrari too! I think he was just pointing out some of the similarities that do exist.

Bill17601 07-02-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by texvette2 (Post 1584303425)

Your bitter reaction is not becoming.. You just can not stand that some love the new Corvette. That is sad for you.

JustinStrife 07-02-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584304573)
Justin with all due respect many try to compare the C7 to the Ferrari too! I think he was just pointing out some of the similarities that do exist.

The C7 looks more like an F12 from the side than the front splitter looking like a Volt or Impala. Comparison pictures have been done to show that.

And has been said above my posts by others, European safety standards are forcing a more fang like splitter/bumper on everyone. Even having said that, those splitters aren't even in the same ballpark as the C7's. They are radically different.

And as a C7 supporter, I'd even say the C7's isn't as good looking as other examples.

Stingray Sam 07-02-2013 01:31 PM

Exactly! I mean, look how much "Big Gov" has already done to make cars look alike. Requiring things like headlights, taillights, turn signals, side view mirrors, windshield wipers, not to mention interior items like rear view mirrors. I could go on but you can see how "Big Gov" has added unnecessary cost for these supposed "safety" items and made all cars look alike. Why, just the other day I accidentally got in someone else's pickup truck, thinking it was my wife's sedan!

(Falls to knees, shaking fist at sky for dramatic emphasis) "Damn you, "Big Gov", damn you to hell!!"

*sarcasm off*