CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   The Resale Red LT-1!!!!!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3298428-the-resale-red-lt-1-a.html)

theblackvette 07-03-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sunstroked (Post 1584312569)
Just a few comments as I believe Indydoug got it right.

Glad you're still looking. You'll find what you're looking for, eventually.
I love to do research for various things I do. The 1 thing I think you need to keep in mind is that nothing is perfect. I'm building my car based on what I envision. As this LT1 owner obviously did too.

I really believe you could be happy with this red one. It looks like a great car. Even though I'm a firm believer in making it how you want it, in this case he may have devalued the car somewhat by changing colors. Obviously, it made the owner happy at the time. I've been to a lot of local corvette only shows here in NV and AZ. The 1 thing I have noticed is almost NONE of the older corvettes driven to these shows were top level restored to original cars. Nearly everyone has personalized their cars or made changes to some degree. So keep that in mind.

I remember the earlier posts on your hunt for the right car. I think it was more of a tiff, feelings getting hurt, etc. on both parties that kept the deal from going through. I know, price was based on condition, which was misrepresented. Which brings me to what I posted above. Unless its a museum piece, or a very meticulously restored car, finding the perfect car may take awhile.

I hear you loud and clear! Thank you for your thoughts. The car is very nice and I do like like it. The issue I have with this car is the seller thinks that $44,000 is a great price for this car. I say it is not. It is overpriced. He seems to think just because he has some owner history and a protecto plate that it should carry a premium.

Furthermore, we have one member here yelling CLONE CLONE CLONE and believes this is likely a fake. I have no reason to think that this is a fake. But, it could be. Only an expert can tell. But, he is firm on his price, no negotiation so there is no reason to go forward with it at this time. I kindly told him if he changes his mind about his price to let me know.

I do know these classics are NOT perfect however, I want to pay what is appropriate. 44K for this vehicle is NOT appropriate in its current condition.

Again, thanks for your reply. :cheers:

LeMans Pete 07-03-2013 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ret.Horsecop13 (Post 1584308589)
No not mad , just not willing to go through the nonsense again. Everyone else will catch on , just give them time.

:iagree: These posts do have a reoccurring theme. Buying a car is exciting, but the need for attention is a little overboard for me.

You've received more advice than you know what to do with. Go buy a C3 corvette, then come back and enjoy it with us.

theblackvette 07-03-2013 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by LeMans Pete (Post 1584315478)
:iagree: These posts do have a reoccurring theme. Buying a car is exciting, but the need for attention is a little overboard for me.

You've received more advice than you know what to do with. Go buy a C3 corvette, then come back and enjoy it with us.

Please accept my apology for disturbing your corvetteforum experience. It is not my intention to make anyone have grief here. I value the wealth of info I receive from the membership and I learn things about each vehicle I present here. I would not have discovered specific items if I did not present and would have made a purchase error. Again I apologize for this. Thank you and best regards. :cheers:

wsaugenstein 07-03-2013 05:56 PM

What Problem? Why apologize?

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584315612)
Please accept my apology for disturbing your corvetteforum experience. It is not my intention to make anyone have grief here. I value the wealth of info I receive from the membership and I learn things about each vehicle I present here. I would not have discovered specific items if I did not present and would have made a purchase error. Again I apologize for this. Thank you and best regards. :cheers:

The only problem I see here is that some posters have a need to complain about the OP's effort to gain information and advice.

If anyone doesn't like the discussion, or if they have such a big ego that they are offended by the OP not taking just their advice, but weighing all of the advice, they should not click on the thread. If they're having a bummer, then keep it to themselves. The OP has no reason to apologize.

I ask for advice on the Forum on some occasions because I value the advice of those who have information I don't, or who have more experience and knowledge than me. But when I run across the "holier than thou" or "what a waste of time thread" attitudes, I have to shake my head and wonder what made that J.O. so crotchety. To all of you who have negative things to say about the thread, take it down the block and bother someone else. Click on another thread and rain on someone else's parade. If I want to listen to complaining, I'll go home from work early and ask the wife how her day was.

theblackvette 07-03-2013 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by wsaugenstein (Post 1584315986)
The only problem I see here is that some posters have a need to complain about the OP's effort to gain information and advice.

If anyone doesn't like the discussion, or if they have such a big ego that they are offended by the OP not taking just their advice, but weighing all of the advice, they should not click on the thread. If they're having a bummer, then keep it to themselves. The OP has no reason to apologize.

I ask for advice on the Forum on some occasions because I value the advice of those who have information I don't, or who have more experience and knowledge than me. But when I run across the "holier than thou" or "what a waste of time thread" attitudes, I have to shake my head and wonder what made that J.O. so crotchety. To all of you who have negative things to say about the thread, take it down the block and bother someone else. Click on another thread and rain on someone else's parade. If I want to listen to complaining, I'll go home from work early and ask the wife how her day was.

Thank you for the kind response.

I hope some of the people I offended take your comments to heart.

Thank you and best regards. :cheers:

wsaugenstein 07-05-2013 01:57 PM

I dug up information yesterday on a 1972 LT-1 green convertible with 83K miles for sale in NJ for $38,500 in March, 2013. The adv. claims that the present owner has had it since 1979. I don't know if it was sold. If you want me to scan the adv. and email it to you, give me your email address by emailing me at wsaugenstein@hotmail.com.

theblackvette 07-05-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by wsaugenstein (Post 1584328951)
I dug up information yesterday on a 1972 LT-1 green convertible with 83K miles for sale in NJ for $38,500 in March, 2013. The adv. claims that the present owner has had it since 1979. I don't know if it was sold. If you want me to scan the adv. and email it to you, give me your email address by emailing me at wsaugenstein@hotmail.com.

Thank you so much for letting me know but I am going to still look for a 1971 model. :cheers:

wsaugenstein 07-05-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584329736)
Thank you so much for letting me know but I am going to still look for a 1971 model. :cheers:

Why?
I don't know much about LT-1's, so I'm curious.

theblackvette 07-05-2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by wsaugenstein (Post 1584332545)
Why?
I don't know much about LT-1's, so I'm curious.

You ask a great question. Your answer is I arrived from the planet krypton during that year. Best regards and thanks for all your help. :cheers:

Ret.Horsecop13 07-05-2013 07:15 PM

Catching on yet?

theblackvette 07-05-2013 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ret.Horsecop13 (Post 1584333263)
Catching on yet?

Thank you sir for taking the time to respond in my thread. It appears I need to find a car with no excuses. I do not plan on giving up. Have a great weekend and best regards. :thumbs:

LoneStarV 07-05-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ret.Horsecop13 (Post 1584308589)
No not mad , just not willing to go through the nonsense again. Everyone else will catch on , just give them time.

What seems to be the problem? We have a C3 buyer trying to find the RIGHT vette for him. He knows what he wants and won't settle for less AND is willing to pay up to do it. I looked at a vette for him today but i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. This forum is to help vette owners and future vette owners. YOU don't get to judge if he's genuine in his search. You're not helping you're sniping.

vettestu 07-05-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jr9170 (Post 1584301815)
44k is too high. Probably should be priced in the low 30k range.

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584302218)
Well this is one of his replied to me regarding the color change. Is he thinking this or did I misunderstand him?????

"The reason for the paint change is that War Bonnet or Brands Hatch Green are the worst colors for selling."

:cheers:

If this car was repainted with "selling" as a top priority then it's not something you want to chase or invest in. $44K should buy alot of provenance and a damn nice car to boot.

theblackvette 07-05-2013 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by vettestu (Post 1584333602)
If this car was repainted with "selling" as a top priority then it's not something you want to chase or invest in. $44K should buy alot of provenance and a damn nice car to boot.

Your thoughts are with the majority and you are correct. Although a nice car it is overpriced. Best regards. :cheers:

theblackvette 07-05-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarV (Post 1584333545)
What seems to be the problem? We have a C3 buyer trying to find the RIGHT vette for him. He knows what he wants and won't settle for less AND is willing to pay up to do it. I looked at a vette for him today but i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. This forum is to help vette owners and future vette owners. YOU don't get to judge if he's genuine in his search. You're not helping you're sniping.

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time and GOING out of your way to look at the car for me. You are a class act. It was also great to speak to you on the phone with you at length. A lot of what you said about these cars makes sense and you have a clear understanding of what I want. Although the car did not meet either of our expectations I gained a friend. And that is most important. Thank you sir!

bmans vette 07-07-2013 02:16 AM

To the OP -
I wish you much luck in your continued quest!

Problem with some posters here is that they never understood the book, Man of La Mancha or the modern day movie, Vision Quest.
They would have turned around and quit a long time ago.

Now they find a guy who reminds them of that and they want to piss on his parade.

Fine - make your comment and move along. Why the need to keep coming back to throw more rocks? I don't get it.

I am custom building a 75 the way I want it.

But my fav vette if money was no object is the 63 SWC with the big block and 4 spd.

So keep looking my friend.

Peace
Bman :thumbs:

ranger9812 07-07-2013 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by bmans vette (Post 1584343475)

But my fav vette if money was no object is the 63 SWC with the big block and 4 spd.

:thumbs:

A big block '63 SWC would truly be a special find... :rofl:

theblackvette 07-07-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by bmans vette (Post 1584343475)
To the OP -
I wish you much luck in your continued quest!

Problem with some posters here is that they never understood the book, Man of La Mancha or the modern day movie, Vision Quest.
They would have turned around and quit a long time ago.

Now they find a guy who reminds them of that and they want to piss on his parade.

Fine - make your comment and move along. Why the need to keep coming back to throw more rocks? I don't get it.

I am custom building a 75 the way I want it.

So keep looking my friend.

Peace

Hello Bman and I hope you are having a great weekend.

Thank you for your response in my thread.

The interesting thing is that I have passed on SEVERAL cars. I know for a fact if I purchased any one of them (probably with the exception of the yellow LT-1 vert-that deal fell through) rather than a congrats on my purchase I would have been lamblasted because I did not do enough research in the vehicle. Every vehicle had major issues, whether it be price valuation or ending up with a rust bucket. I realize it may be a no win situation with the people you speak of. But I am okay with that and I do not dislike anyone here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would be glad to speak to ANYONE whether it be here on the forum of a discussion about my goals on the phone. It is a LOT different talking to someone about corvettes live in person than shooting a bunch of words at someone they don't know on an online forum. I totally get it.

Thank you and best regards and hopefully I will find something right for me eventually.

bmans vette 07-08-2013 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by ranger9812 (Post 1584343626)
A big block '63 SWC would truly be a special find... :rofl:

Please note that I did NOT say NCRS.
But growing up in the 60's we saw some at Englishtown (NJ) with 427's, rockcrusher trans 4spd and 4.11-4.88 rear ends.
And the aftermarket 427 hood scoop.

Just like the pretty brunette in your English class, you never forget your first crush.

Peace
Bman :cheers:

bmans vette 07-08-2013 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1584344554)
Hello Bman and I hope you are having a great weekend.

Thank you and best regards and hopefully I will find something right for me eventually.

I am sure you will.

The journey is sometimes more rewarding than the destination.

Peace