CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Refundable or Non-Refundable Deposits? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3296735-refundable-or-non-refundable-deposits.html)

Bill B 1 06-28-2013 05:46 PM

5K non-refundable for me. My dealer has allocation of 3 if that makes a difference here. frankly I don't care if it's non-refundable or not...... unless I die between now and delivery I will take the care no doubt! :thumbs:

Bill B 1 06-28-2013 05:49 PM

hmmm...weird my first post on this thread went in ahead of the OP??? :crazy:

and so did this one...

Achmed 06-28-2013 06:08 PM

Refundable or Non-Refundable Deposits?

Which are you being quoted?

A dealership is insisting $5k non-refundable deposit. If that's the industry standard then I'm okay with it, but if the majority out there are allowing a refundable deposit I'd like to know, thanks.

-CM- 06-28-2013 06:14 PM

From what's been said in other threads, I think the majority of people have put down $1,000 refundable deposits.

Stingray23 06-28-2013 06:14 PM

All deposits should be refundable. Period. Its not like they're not gonna sell the car after they get it.

raycorvette2014 06-28-2013 06:18 PM

Most dealerships will refund your money until your order reaches 2500 event code and can no longer be changed.

BRCC 06-28-2013 08:03 PM

:Your poll does not include no deposit or other therefore not a valid poll.

I can not reply to the poll because I had to leave no deposit with my dealer and my order is at 3000, some local dealers who know customers do not play that game. Only when a allocation was assigned to my order did I need to come up with any form of deposit. And at that point the order is going forward to the factory.:cheers:

sajonf 06-28-2013 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by DCBE (Post 1584275693)
:Your poll does not include no deposit or other therefore not a valid poll.

I can not reply to the poll because I had to leave no deposit with my dealer and my order is at 3000, some local dealers who know customers do not play that game. Only when a allocation was assigned to my order did I need to come up with any form of deposit. And at that point the order is going forward to the factory.:cheers:

Same with me, I didn't have to leave a deposit to place my order either. Although I have purchased many cars from them over the years.

VRYALT3R3D 06-28-2013 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stingray23 (Post 1584274919)
All deposits should be refundable. Period. Its not like they're not gonna sell the car after they get it.

I put a deposit down at a local Harley Davidson dealer, refundable, and they sold the motorcycle to someone else. If I wouldn't have wrote "100% refundable" on the cheque, I would have never got my money back. It was a night mare.

Achmed 06-29-2013 10:02 PM

For non-refundable deposits where the vehicle is being financed, do they do the credit application and approve financing at the time you make the deposit? Or is that part done when the car arrives? If its the latter, what happens to your deposit if hypothetically they don't approve financing?

Zymurgy 06-30-2013 12:20 AM

Refundable $1000 for me. Using a forum dealer for first time.

Zymurgy 06-30-2013 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Achmed (Post 1584284188)
For non-refundable deposits where the vehicle is being financed, do they do the credit application and approve financing at the time you make the deposit? Or is that part done when the car arrives? If its the latter, what happens to your deposit if hypothetically they don't approve financing?

My dealer did not ask if I would be financing or not, so no credit application. That would be done when closing the transaction. Can't answer the hypothetical question as that is simply not a concern for me.

VETJAZZ 06-30-2013 12:34 AM

Refundable $1,000 deposit for me. They'll be holding it a year by the time the verts start rolling off.

Sin City 06-30-2013 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Achmed (Post 1584274869)
Which are you being quoted?

A dealership is insisting $5k non-refundable deposit. If that's the industry standard then I'm okay with it, but if the majority out there are allowing a refundable deposit I'd like to know, thanks.

Ridiculous. I'm not putting money up for a car that I don't know hardly anything about.

I put $1000 100% refundable until I place the order for the car.

This car isn't even in production yet. For a dealer to ask for an non-refundable deposit is close to stealing.

I also bet you if you pushed him, he'd give the money back. Certainly he could resell the car unless it was in some crazy color combo.

Achmed 06-30-2013 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Zymurgy (Post 1584284985)
My dealer did not ask if I would be financing or not, so no credit application. That would be done when closing the transaction. Can't answer the hypothetical question as that is simply not a concern for me.

Its very unlikely that the hypothetical would happen with me but I still like to cover all "what ifs". I'll ask the dealer when I'm making the deposit.