CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Any one impressed with the wheels black vs chrome (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3295833-any-one-impressed-with-the-wheels-black-vs-chrome.html)

sesame60 06-27-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1584263073)

Trying not to be too judgemental but why would the buyer go with carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler and get a body colored roof and chrome wheels! Either go all black or at least black wheels with the black mirrors and spoiler. In any case as long as they like their car that's all that matters.

Big Hammer 06-27-2013 01:38 PM

If you don't like the black or chrome, get the stock wheels, strip off the paint, polish them and clear coat.

BMadden 06-27-2013 01:52 PM

Black wheels are a fad that hopefully goes away soon. Same for the gray wheels that look like the brake dust hasn't been cleaned off them in several months. I'll take chrome or polished over dark wheels any day!

LouB57 06-27-2013 01:57 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::leaving:

sam90lx 06-27-2013 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by robvuk (Post 1584259902)

ghey

Johnny@MTI 06-27-2013 03:01 PM

http://begoodphotography.smugmug.com...Black_02-L.jpg

When doing black wheels it’s important to break up the black wheel/black tire combo. A simple polished lip helps allot and makes the wheels look substantially cleaner.

above is a picture of our new formula 43 club-sports.

sd7ss 06-27-2013 04:18 PM

Olde guys rule....

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1584259890)
Chrome is for old men. You never see chrome on any serious car like Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin, or even Porsche.

Damn right, skank!

Don't want to see any you young whipper snappers (under 65) using
our trade mark chromies. How the hell you gonna spot us Olde Farts
from a distance if we run black wheels?

You sure ain't gonna get close enough to recognize our wrinkles and age spots while we're driving!

Senior member- Very senior.

speedlink 06-27-2013 05:09 PM

Don't like the black. Chrome is good with certain color combos. Machine faced is good also. Just need to match the exterior properly.

speedlink 06-27-2013 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sam90lx (Post 1584263885)
ghey

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill B 1 06-27-2013 07:24 PM

Chrome for me and I'm only 54 :D ....with any luck I'll get my C7, Z51, CRM, Chrome, Vis carbon fiber, Brownstone in time for my 55th birthday Sept 3rd! :cheers:

Dklean2003 06-27-2013 09:55 PM

Does the 2014 z51 Vettes offer polished aluminum? If so how much extra is that?

Also, I have seen the thick 5 spoke wheels and I was told that they were a Dealer Option. I guess they install them at the dealership?? How much extra is that? Someone told me they also give you the stock wheels back to you.

This my first time buying a new Vette so I am clueless. So are there different wheel options from the dealer available? I am a stock corvette guy so I don't want to go off and venture in aftermarket wheels.

Dean

Dklean2003 06-27-2013 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by sesame60 (Post 1584263364)
Trying not to be too judgemental but why would the buyer go with carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler and get a body colored roof and chrome wheels! Either go all black or at least black wheels with the black mirrors and spoiler. In any case as long as they like their car that's all that matters.

These wheels look good. I wish the video had a better angle.

noitall 06-27-2013 11:15 PM

These are probably some of the only base wheels that I immediately liked. But I will still change them out to customs just because i want my first corvette to be extreme and totally like I want it.

MAGRED-02 06-27-2013 11:55 PM

To me black wheels cheapen the looks of any car. I would go with the base wheels and look at replacing them with some aftermarket wheels that fit in your budget. If it's strictly black vs chrome then it's chrome all the way. As for chrome being for old men, evidently wisdom and good taste only come with age.

Sp00ky 06-28-2013 12:36 AM

OP, if you don't like the black, don't do it then. Do what you want, not what your friends want. Black wheels work better than chrome on some colors and chrome better than black on some. It all depends on the color you go with. I personally like brushed aluminum or machined gunmetal. It works so well with all colors. Like mentioned before, black wheels have been around for awhile but in the last few years have become a trend. Bottom line is to get what you want and will enjoy:cheers:

LouB57 06-28-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sp00ky (Post 1584268733)
OP, if you don't like the black, don't do it then. Do what you want, not what your friends want. Black wheels work better than chrome on some colors and chrome better than black on some. It all depends on the color you go with. I personally like brushed aluminum or machined gunmetal. It works so well with all colors. Like mentioned before, black wheels have been around for awhile but in the last few years have become a trend. Bottom line is to get what you want and will enjoy:cheers:

Spooky; That has become the Issue on here, with some of the features having a polarizing effect. The Rear lights, The Wheels, Body Color versus Carbon. It's amazing how many people seem to think that their preference is the only right choice, and that any other choice is the wrong one. And that they feel the need to put other choices down.
That's not the way it works. One's preference isn't about right or wrong, it's simply a choice. As you said, if ya don't like black wheels, don't get them. Same for chrome.

To sit here and say that only 'crusty old men' go for the chrome, or that only 'Poser's' and Kids go for the black wheels.... Is ...childish...

PEACE... :hide:

mitchell c 06-28-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by svtkeith (Post 1584260195)
Worth every penny IMO chrome wheels will make your yellow C7 pop and not make it look like a yellow taxi cab like the black wheels will..never mind what anyone says go with what you like!...:thumbs:

:iagree:

I couldn't agree more. Black wheels will cheapen the look of the car.:thumbs:

LouB57 06-28-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtkeith View Post
Worth every penny IMO chrome wheels will make your yellow C7 pop and not make it look like a yellow taxi cab like the black wheels will..never mind what anyone says go with what you like!...

You guys are too much; You say never mind what anyone else says;
Yet you criticize and put down black wheels. Hypocritical, don't ya think?
Once again, any choice is ok...As long as it matches mine :rofl:

Originally Posted by mitchell c (Post 1584272335)
:iagree:

I couldn't agree more. Black wheels will cheapen the look of the car.:thumbs:

That's your opinion. Just because you say so, doesn't make it true.

Blancpain 06-28-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1584263558)
Black wheels are a fad that hopefully goes away soon. Same for the gray wheels that look like the brake dust hasn't been cleaned off them in several months. I'll take chrome or polished over dark wheels any day!

Steve McQueen disagrees with you. 40+ years is considered a fad?
Sorry but chrome was/is never cool.

http://bangshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Bullitt_mustang.jpeg

robvuk 06-29-2013 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Buhma (Post 1584276230)
Steve McQueen disagrees with you. 40+ years is considered a fad?
Sorry but chrome was/is never cool.

http://bangshift.com/wp-content/uplo...t_mustang.jpeg

Obviously that's not an all black wheel. Not what we are talking about here.