CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Jealous ##@!%%$ (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3295686-jealous.html)

Mad*Max 06-26-2013 08:14 PM

Jealous ##@!%%$

Yesterday was a nice sunny warm day and I went into a coffee shop for a few minutes and when I came out I saw some guys looking at my car and laughing.

As I approached my car I see someone had smashed a cup of coffee against my car getting coffee over 2/3 of the car - did a really thorough job. It wasn't that easy to get off and the car was stinking.

Didn't cut anybody off on my way there or honk at no one, must be some jealous turd. I guess it is a crime to own a shiny red Corvette:mad:

01VETTECOP 06-26-2013 08:17 PM

What a Richard !

flange 06-26-2013 08:18 PM

Idiots are everywhere. it sucks, but don't let it get to you.

davidtcpa 06-26-2013 08:23 PM

they have those turds in Toronto also, eh!! :cuss

EVRose 06-26-2013 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP (Post 1584257476)
What a Richard !

:iagree: Total Richard. I check mine over every time I come back to it in a parking lot waiting for the same thing to happen. Lucky it was just coffee and not something more serious.

Rich Mickol 06-26-2013 08:42 PM

A$$holes. Thank God it was coffee and not keyed.

See if they have video

R&L's C6 06-26-2013 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol (Post 1584257664)

See if they have video

:iagree:

Not that it doesn't p!$$ you off though, it would me. :mad::mad:

Just get the last laugh knowing the loser that did it will probably never know the joy of owning such a great car as yours..:cheers:

su8pack1 06-26-2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584257711)
:iagree:

Not that it doesn't p!$$ you off though, it would me. :mad::mad:

Just get the last laugh knowing the loser that did it will probably never know the joy of owning such a great car as yours..:cheers:

:iagree: They'll never know or care how hard you have to work to achieve things in life. They probably live off our dime and hate everyone who gets ahead in life.

Patman 06-26-2013 09:09 PM

There are too many D-Bags in Toronto these days, sorry to hear they got you like this! :mad:

b0xm0ns73r 06-26-2013 09:22 PM

What a Richard !

Richard.....Richard Cranium.....

:D

Garret 06-26-2013 09:51 PM

Maybe they slipped and it was an accident...?

BettermostCorvette 06-26-2013 09:55 PM

It happens turds all over.

Corvette ED 06-26-2013 09:56 PM

Last Friday I was at a bar for a few drinks and some food. Had my car parked in the first space outside and someone passing by spit on my windshield. I had to stop at the car wash and wash my car on the way home. You just can't have a nice car today.

Mad*Max 06-26-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by davidtcpa (Post 1584257518)
they have those turds in Toronto also, eh!! :cuss

quite a few, not the first time I've had an experience like this, but first time with the Corvette and that too in broad daylight and in a busy place!

Mad*Max 06-26-2013 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by EVRose (Post 1584257548)
:iagree: Total Richard. I check mine over every time I come back to it in a parking lot waiting for the same thing to happen. Lucky it was just coffee and not something more serious.

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol (Post 1584257664)

See if they have video

thank God!

Mad*Max 06-26-2013 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1584258277)

very unlikely given the extent of the spray all over the car and the coffee cup was lying on the ground looking like it crushed on impact with the car - sorry I don't have a picture to show

Mad*Max 06-26-2013 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 1584257900)
There are too many D-Bags in Toronto these days, sorry to hear they got you like this! :mad:

it's getting bad, what surprises me is that it was outside a really busy Tim Hortons/Wendy and I was parked right next to the drive-through where there is a non-stop train of cars which means someone probably saw it happen...

GS2013RTINT 06-26-2013 10:28 PM

Most have reminding some hopeless person of a bad experience. Probably a cheating husband. I would be furious you took it well!:crazy:

crusher1 06-26-2013 10:36 PM

Yup butt heads everywhere...Sorry it happened to you.

Now if you would have caught him in the act, I think he would be in the hospital right now :pistols:

Stan0324 06-26-2013 11:12 PM

Few years back, some idiots spilled a milk shake all over my car. Same as you, did not get anybody upset driving there. Went to the nearest car wash and washed it off.

I really do not understand this. Like everyone else on this site, I am a car guy and would never intentionally damage anyone's car and we all know these cars are not cheap.

choprfgr 06-27-2013 12:01 AM

Happened to me - coffee shop too.

Apparently the same people that are protesting are considering
vette owners the 1% and making us objects to lash out at.
These same people seem to frequent coffee shops.

My wife had a good idea they did something and let them get away
before telling me. She knew what would have gone down.
I say that just makes her an accomplice.

ProfessorDeath 06-27-2013 12:47 AM

Every time I park my car somewhere there are fingerprints all over the body and greasy face/forehead prints on the windows. Better than a $6500 trip to the body shop though, which happened a few months ago.

At least coffee and fingerprints wipe off

sjohnson2615 06-27-2013 07:26 AM

What a Richard !

Are we not allowed to say dick?
Is dick a bad word?

davidtcpa 06-27-2013 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615 (Post 1584260251)
Are we not allowed to say dick?
Is dick a bad word?

I think it's ok, especially if its your name!!

jackcasual 06-27-2013 07:47 AM

I was at a Subway. Someone squirted ketchup and mustard on the hood. I just wonder what motivates someone to do something like this. They probably thought its was really funny..

dvilin 06-27-2013 08:37 AM

Idiots with no respect for anything, someday they will get what they deserve.

Don-Vette 06-27-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1584260696)
Idiots with no respect for anything, someday they will get what they deserve.

Hopefully it will be a 4x7 prison cell or a 6ft. deep grave!!!

Mike Campbell 06-27-2013 09:06 AM

And my wife doesn't understand why I'm hesitant to drive and park my vette in the closest up front parking space or go to Walmart. :crazy2:

LeMansBlue07 06-27-2013 09:16 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you. I had a 2005 vette and my neighbor, the deliquent, put out his cigarette on the hood. It took some work to get that little ring off the paint.

09Z06pj 06-27-2013 10:08 AM

OP, your anger and frustration is completely understandable. It says a lot about the d!ckhead responsible for doing that to your car. Out of curiosity, did you ask the idiots standing there what they thought was so funny? :confused2:

Wildmanht 06-27-2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by LeMansBlue07 (Post 1584260990)
I'm sorry that happened to you. I had a 2005 vette and my neighbor, the deliquent, put out his cigarette on the hood. It took some work to get that little ring off the paint.

:toetap: So what happened to the delinquent?

andy82 06-27-2013 05:29 PM

Sorry, I was mesmerized by your avatar and only heard bla bla bla coffee :D

:leaving:

Mad*Max 06-27-2013 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj (Post 1584261485)
OP, your anger and frustration is completely understandable. It says a lot about the d!ckhead responsible for doing that to your car. Out of curiosity, did you ask the idiots standing there what they thought was so funny? :confused2:

while I don't suspect them of doing the deed, I looked towards them because I wanted to ask them if they know anything but they were getting into their car as I approached and left without giving me a chance to speak to them

94 Red Vette 06-27-2013 06:44 PM

Mine was ketsup at an Outback Resturant on my red 06.
Funny how if I drove an old Citation with rust and the headliner hanging down this would not happen.

z edge 06-27-2013 07:19 PM

Sorry this happened to you OP.

This is why when I do drive the vette places I always park way out far away from everyone. Of course, **** like this could still happen, even out where I park and in nice places.

I think if I caught someone doing that I would beat the living **** out of them, then again, I might have passed that stage in life. I hope I never have to find out.

Minnesota Scott 06-27-2013 07:48 PM

I was in Target for a few things just last week. Parked all by myself way back in the lot in one stall. You would have to drive out of your way to get to it. I was opening the door for my son and there on the ground 3 ft from the door was a 20 inch steel metal hacksaw blade. It was not there when I went in and I was in the store 10 min tops. My guess is that the person drove his work truck by the car and threw the blade out the window while he drove by. The blade either flew over the car car or didn't make it to the car as they fortunately missed altogether. I was lucky this time.

For me it is a disappointment in what society has become.
Regards,
Scott

phileaglesfan 06-27-2013 08:40 PM

Unfortunately they don't teach respecting someone's personal property these days. If I saw my kids do that they will wash cars for donations to a worthy cause all weekend.

P0234 06-27-2013 08:55 PM

Car DVRs are under $200 these days...justy sayin...

09Z06pj 06-28-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Minnesota Scott (Post 1584266532)
I was in Target for a few things just last week. Parked all by myself way back in the lot in one stall. You would have to drive out of your way to get to it. I was opening the door for my son and there on the ground 3 ft from the door was a 20 inch steel metal hacksaw blade. It was not there when I went in and I was in the store 10 min tops. My guess is that the person drove his work truck by the car and threw the blade out the window while he drove by. The blade either flew over the car car or didn't make it to the car as they fortunately missed altogether. I was lucky this time.

Regards,
Scott

Disappointment is an understatement. I just don't get it. You work hard for something nice and some POS resents it for whatever reasons. WTF? :(

VetteNGT500 06-28-2013 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj (Post 1584270632)

Disappointment is an understatement. I just don't get it. You work hard for something nice and some POS resents it for whatever reasons. WTF? :(

Exactly! I was parked out in the boonies, as usual, and some a-hole got out of his car, he had something in his hand, hit my GT 500 for no reason at all, a guy (a fellow Veteran) saw it happen but couldnt get a plate. It gouged the door pretty bad, $700 ... later..... I have been lucky with the vette so far, other than some a-hole putting a cigarette butt through the slightly cracked window (thank good ness it didnt burn anything, just stank it up), I just don't get it.
:crazy2:

426 Hemi 06-28-2013 12:45 PM

I had my brand new Z-71 vandalized---they went around it with a hammer and broke out all the glass then went to work on the bed sides and mirrors. This was when I was 10 hours away from home.

Another time my father went out to his '63 split window and found cinder blocks inserted inside both doors.

Sad commentary on society indeed. Some people don't want to work hard for something and are extremely jealous of those that do. The worst part is they will always feel justified in their actions. Certain uh ........ "movements" as of late only reinforcing this.

Gearhead Jim 06-28-2013 03:13 PM

Max-
Tonight you will sleep warm in your bed and wake up to a still-shiny red Corvette.
The dirtbag will not lead such a life. You come out on top in any comparison.

R&L's C6 06-28-2013 03:30 PM

Regards,
Scott

Does it really surprise you when we have a culture going on where successful people who made responsible decisions in life are made out to be villains? This crap is only going to get worse....

TysonJones 06-28-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stan0324 (Post 1584259007)
Few years back, some idiots spilled a milk shake all over my car. Same as you, did not get anybody upset driving there. Went to the nearest car wash and washed it off.

I really do not understand this. Like everyone else on this site, I am a car guy and would never intentionally damage anyone's car and we all know these cars are not cheap.

That happened to me about a month ago when I had it parked outside when I went to go see a movie. Came back and a strawberry milkshake was all over my right front fender, part of hood, and rim was covered. And it had dried by the time I got there. Sticky ****, and was a pain to get off. Only upsets you more after you had just waxed the thing. So no more going to places where it has to sit around for an hour or longer. I just dont understand jealous people. Who knows what I would have done had a caught the douche bag, but the rent a cop that drives around the parking lot, not even a big mall, heard it from me when I flagged him down. Same guy that gave me some type of warning ticket a few months back for taking up 2 spaces at the back of the lot. I swear they're all after us lol.

Even on my 02 TA, I ran inside the grocery store, and had the ttops off, was only inside for ten minutes tops. Came out to someone had spilled a full can of mountain dew on my seat.

On my 83 TA, someone keyed the passenger side door. The entire door. I found out who it was, confronted them. Threatened to press charges. Turned out they had absolutely no money to their name, lived on the street basically, decided not to waste the time or money going to court. Luckily the car now needs repainted finally, so it's not that big of a deal I guess anymore. Still pisses you off though.

I think its happened to all of us, but still sucks. Sorry to hear about what happened original poster.

Mad*Max 06-28-2013 05:38 PM

sad to hear everyone's bad experiences - what is surprising is that I have driven my car coast-to-coast in Canada and also a lot in the US and fortunately never experienced this type of behaviour - it's been parked at all kinds of motels overnight, in a ferry and so forth, during these trips

Nice Ride 06-28-2013 08:14 PM

Sorry to hear that, appreciate that it was not worse and go to a different coffee shop.

LMB-C6 06-29-2013 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Garret (Post 1584258277)

I'm sure that's it. Just like the "accidental slip" the perp would have had if caught in the act.

Adam_W 06-29-2013 12:14 AM

Sorry to hear this stuff happens. Agree that it relates to jealousy and some sense of class warfare, i.e. us against them.

I suspect this won't be a problem for me in south Orange County, where the BMW 3-series is as common as Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in other places. I suspect the more common sentiment here towards Corvettes is either "funny, that guy must be from the midwest" or "poor guy, must not be able to afford a Porsche/GTR/Ferrari and had to default to the poor man's supercar."

Mad*Max 06-29-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Adam_W (Post 1584277635)
I suspect this won't be a problem for me in south Orange County, where the BMW 3-series is as common as Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in other places. "

don't know if that makes a difference - where this happened to my car mostly what you see are Porsche, Benz, BMW and other high end luxury cars

vt65 06-29-2013 11:33 PM

Regards,
Scott

could be that the perp was trying to open your door and saw you coming, hacksaw blades work well for that job

hdkeno 06-30-2013 12:06 PM

Makes me afraid to take mine out of the garage....:hide:

rgamache 06-30-2013 12:14 PM

That is my biggest fear..parking in a public parking lot and having some jealous A$$..le trash my vette. Glad it was only coffee and not a key... Shake it off. When I go to the low class places like WM, I take my junker...

:canadaflag::flag:

shadoquad 06-30-2013 12:27 PM

I live in a relatively poor neighborhood, but nobody has messed with my nice rides over the years. In fact, I'm more likely to hear "nice car" from my neighbors than anything else.

I'm sorry that people act out like that. It's sad.

paracord 06-30-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by choprfgr (Post 1584259311)
Happened to me - coffee shop too.

Apparently the same people that are protesting are considering
vette owners the 1% and making us objects to lash out at.
These same people seem to frequent coffee shops.

My wife had a good idea they did something and let them get away
before telling me. She knew what would have gone down.
I say that just makes her an accomplice.

Anyone who labels people by 1% or 99% are idiots. So yes, you are probably correct.

paracord 06-30-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584273681)
Does it really surprise you when we have a culture going on where successful people who made responsible decisions in life are made out to be villains? This crap is only going to get worse....

Yup you are 100% correct. And Barry O. is leading the charge on that.

Shame actually.