CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Are Run Flats worth It? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3294261-are-run-flats-worth-it.html)

Hameister 06-25-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by LS WON (Post 1584240757)
...we have to be more concerned of dodging road debris like plywood, sheet rock, refrigerators, couches, all kinds of building materials and furniture on freeway...

Enlighten me please....I'm not familiar with the left coast, except for it's politics.

I can understand building materials coming off a truck, but couches? Refrigerators? On the roadway???

How does that happen, and what's being done about it?

carpe dm 06-25-2013 07:13 PM

Good story; glad it went well for you. I wouldn't leave home without them.:thumbs::flag:

Gering 06-26-2013 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1584246592)
Enlighten me please....I'm not familiar with the left coast, except for it's politics.

I can understand building materials coming off a truck, but couches? Refrigerators? On the roadway???

As well as beds, can be seen on I-10 or I-45... :( If a driver is not keeping an active lookout then you may hit some of these items. The thing that I see the most are tire treads from big rigs. About 6 years ago I almost got hit from a lader that fell off a truck.

Hameister 06-26-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gering (Post 1584255611)
As well as beds, can be seen on I-10 or I-45... :( If a driver is not keeping an active lookout then you may hit some of these items. The thing that I see the most are tire treads from big rigs. About 6 years ago I almost got hit from a lader that fell off a truck.

Just incredible....glad I don't have to drive there.

So, a refrigerator lays in the road, because the police are afraid of being accused of appliance brutality if they remove it.

steveb601 06-26-2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1584246592)

It happens because some nit-wit doesn't tie down the stuff he is carrying and he drives away and hopes nobody gets his license plate. It's because he is either lazy, doesn't care and/or doesn't want to pay for the clean-up. When it does happen it can tie up traffic for hours while the CHP waits for a crew to pick up the items since a CHP car obviously cannot carry something the size of a refrigerator.

Gering 06-26-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1584256569)
Just incredible....glad I don't have to drive there.

So, a refrigerator lays in the road, because the police are afraid of being accused of appliance brutality if they remove it.

That is a good point, I am not sure who moves all of the junk to the side of the road. I do see a clean up crew every now and then that picks up trash on the side of the road.