CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Corvette Stingray Distribution Updates (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3293358-corvette-stingray-distribution-updates.html)

Ken Fichtner 06-22-2013 03:54 PM

Corvette Stingray Distribution Updates

Distribution Updates
Updates for Corvette Stingray

Week of 6/24/2013
Effective 6/24/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Exterior section-Added (DTW) Carbon Flash Hood Stripe. It is "A" on all equipment groups.

Week of 6/3/2013
Effective 6/3/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Dimensions section-Front tread width, changed number to "62.9" for all models.
Dimensions section-Rear tread width, changed number to "61.7" for all models.

Week of 5/6/2013
Effective 5/6/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Interior section-(BV4) Plaque, personalized, added a footnote 1 that reads "(CFX) Personalized plaque is already included in (R8C) Corvette Museum Delivery."

Week of 4/29/2013
Effective 4/29/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Interior section-Added (RAO) Audio system, 8" diagonal Color Touch screen display with Chevrolet MyLink, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones, Hands-free smartphone integration, AM/FM stereo with MP3 playback and Radio Data System (RDS). It is "S" on all equipment groups.
Interior section-(UE1) OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan, added an extended description that reads "includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation". Also, updated footnote 1 to now read "Service not available with a ship-to of Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions."
Interior section-Deleted "Automatic Crash Response" completely.
Interior section-Deleted "Stolen Vehicle Assistance" completely.
Interior section-Deleted "OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation" completely.
Interior section-Added "Rear Vision Camera". It is "S" on all equipment groups.
Interior section-(IWE) Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package, added an extended description that reads "includes headliner, visors, trim above windshield and rear window, A-pillar trim and area around quarter window".
Exterior section-(5ZU) LPO, Z51-style spoiler, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1YY07 1LT, 2LT and 3LT.
Exterior section-(5YU) LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, changed availability to "--" on 1YY07 1LT, 2LT and 3LT. Also, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1YX07 Z51 1LT, Z51 2LT and Z51 3LT.
Exterior section-(RXJ) LPO, Wheel center caps with Stingray logo, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to all equipment groups.
Exterior section-(QX3) Wheels, 5-spoke, chrome aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Exterior section-(RQ1) Wheels, 5-spoke, machined-face aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Exterior section-(Q7E) Wheels, chrome aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Exterior section-(Q7T) Wheels, Black aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Color and Trim section-(G7H) Laguna Blue Tintcoat exterior color, changed availability with (70*) Adrenaline Red interiors to "--".

Week of 4/22/2013
Effective 4/22/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Color and Trim section-(G7J) Lime Rock Green Metallic, added a footnote 2 that reads "Additional charge - premium paint."

Zymurgy 06-22-2013 04:18 PM

Any price announced for the new option (DTW)?

rcallen484 06-22-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zymurgy (Post 1584221111)
Any price announced for the new option (DTW)?

And, is that what has been called here the "Stinger" stripe and, is it paint or decal?

TeamOGI 06-22-2013 08:54 PM

My first question to the corvette forum - sorry if I am in the wrong place or if this has already been answered:

Is there a list of who the 900 dealers are? Three of my local dealers all say that they are part of the 900, but I question (we are a fairly small area) if that is a fact. I don't want to be picking up my new C07 in February in North East Ohio - Can anyone point me in the right direction - I want to order ASAP.

runutzzzzz 06-22-2013 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by TeamOGI (Post 1584222624)
My first question to the corvette forum - sorry if I am in the wrong place or if this has already been answered:

Is there a list of who the 900 dealers are? Three of my local dealers all say that they are part of the 900, but I question (we are a fairly small area) if that is a fact. I don't want to be picking up my new C07 in February in North East Ohio - Can anyone point me in the right direction - I want to order ASAP.

I honestly think at this point in time you are going to have a very tough time finding a dealer that can get you one before Winter at MSRP.

All forum dealers have more than likely also booked up the majority of their allocation until then also.

Good Luck!

AORoads 06-22-2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by TeamOGI (Post 1584222624)

per the above answers to your questions, I suggest two things: call/email cheverolet for a list of dealers who are "the 900." and, since you are on C7 Gen, you've seen the ads/threads for those Forum dealers who are selling and have an actual allocation--contact them.

Turbobndt 06-22-2013 09:17 PM

Click "View Authorized Dealers" at the bottom right of the following web page.

http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co.../specs/specs_1

jr3 06-23-2013 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1584221136)
And, is that what has been called here the "Stinger" stripe and, is it paint or decal?

Its always a decal.

(which is good, because if it's ever damaged it can be easily replaced.)

*C7* 06-23-2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by jr3 (Post 1584224341)
Its always a decal.

(which is good, because if it's ever damaged it can be easily replaced.)

I would think it is painted. I would not think they would have all the carbon flash painted pieces and this be a carbon flash decal.

Bill17601 06-23-2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by *C7* (Post 1584224935)
I would think it is painted. I would not think they would have all the carbon flash painted pieces and this be a carbon flash decal.

Why not? I think it is unfair to call it a decal. Vinyl applications are amazing technology. May even hold up better then paint. Easy to change. Easy to update.

WBT 06-23-2013 09:46 AM

CD Player

I wish they would of made a CD Player optional on the C7. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to have a CD Player in the new Corvette.

papillion 06-23-2013 09:48 AM

now you see it now you....

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1584225448)
Why not? I think it is unfair to call it a decal. Vinyl applications are amazing technology. May even hold up better then paint. Easy to change. Easy to update.

Many NASCAR 'paint jobs' are subtantially or completely vinyl wraps. For these same reasons. I can't imagine anyone wanting to paint on a hood stripe. The contrasting texture of the applique adds to the effect. IMHO

BuckyThreadkiller 06-23-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by *C7* (Post 1584224935)

It's a decal.

LIVetteFan 06-23-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by WBT (Post 1584225530)
I wish they would of made a CD Player optional on the C7. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to have a CD Player in the new Corvette.

a what...?

*C7* 06-23-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by papillion (Post 1584225543)
Many NASCAR 'paint jobs' are subtantially or completely vinyl wraps. For these same reasons. I can't imagine anyone wanting to paint on a hood stripe. The contrasting texture of the applique adds to the effect. IMHO

Let me see now. You have a painted carbon flash vent and right next to it you have a carbon flash decal and this adds to the effect ??

I'll just have it painted. Everybody's different I guess.:thumbs:

CaryBob 06-23-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by *C7* (Post 1584227912)
Let me see now. You have a painted carbon flash vent and right next to it you have a carbon flash decal and this adds to the effect ??

I'll just have it painted. Everybody's different I guess.:thumbs:

But it IS painted. The stripe is painted and clearcoated on top of vinyl as opposed to being painted and clearcoated on top of a base coat. On the outside it is exactly the same thing.

The carbon flash paint on the stripe is the very same stuff that is on the louvers.

*C7* 06-23-2013 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by CaryBob (Post 1584228192)
But it IS painted. The stripe is painted and clearcoated on top of vinyl as opposed to being painted and clearcoated on top of a base coat. On the outside it is exactly the same thing.

The carbon flash paint on the stripe is the very same stuff that is on the louvers.

Thank you Bob for that clarification. Now I'm worried it will be too thick and have too big of a ridge. We have a layer of vinyl then a layer of paint then a layer of clearcoat. What do you think ?? :thumbs:

HummelS 06-23-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by *C7* (Post 1584228392)
Thank you Bob for that clarification. Now I'm worried it will be too thick and have too big of a ridge. We have a layer of vinyl then a layer of paint then a layer of clearcoat. What do you think ?? :thumbs:

I think it's probably the same technology that's used on the stripes for my 60th anni 'vert: you can "feel" an edge, but it's not visually apparent unless you look really closely.

Or - could it be an unpainted portion of a "real" carbon fiber hood?

SCM_Crash 06-23-2013 07:43 PM

:lurk:

In for the updates.

mksz51 06-23-2013 08:20 PM

It'll be a vinyl decal. I'll be seeing a good body shop. Easy job to paint that and reclear the hood. I do NOT want an edge.