CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Some C6 Owners Can't Drive! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3291927-some-c6-owners-cant-drive.html)

MikeyTX 06-20-2013 06:32 AM

Same here in D/FW, TX Otoh, the HOV lanes suck. No accident escapes on some.

z51vett 06-20-2013 06:48 AM

Well at 69 soon to be 70 I drive in Atlanta all the time. Don't like rush hour to many az talking on cell phones combing hair and eating my only problem is my speedlimiter in the right seat I generally drive 10 over the limit downtown I run 75 if possible. If not for my pass I would blow thru down town.
z51vett

dvilin 06-20-2013 07:33 AM

Big rant about nothing, seriously who cares just put your cruise on and drive 64 like a real Corvette driver should.:rofl:

396tears 06-20-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584199103)
Well said...we all need to remember, if we're lucky, we will also be those blue hairs in the left lane someday.

Heck, I'm only 49 and dont know were the hell I'm going sometimes...:rofl:

DOUBLE DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:iagree:

MikeERWNC 06-20-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by texvette2 (Post 1584200108)
I'm not near their age. But I hate to drive in a large city. Best just to stand your
ground, let them run up on you. Just keep an eye out for your exit, road, and ignore
the A$$wipe locals or ones that think they are locals. Who does road signs and
placements now have there head up there A$$, as to logical thinking. Just because
people have poor timing does not mean I have to be in a hurry just for you. Hint
don't follow too close, I have good insurance, and nothing better to do than
deal with a claim.

'
That is a good example...
So according to you it is acceptable to look for you exit on the right from the far left lane...
Great driving skills you were taught.

JoesC5 06-20-2013 11:28 AM

I wonder how many tens of thousands of young(under 65) kids in their sedans/SUV/Minivans/pickup trucks have run in the left lane slower than traffic and cut across 2-3-4 lanes to make an exit. One or two maybe......obviously not as many as the tens of thousands Blue hairs in their C6's doing that.

The blue hairs in question probably were relying on the factory NAV to tell then what lane they should be into make their exit, or, more likely, couldn't figure out how to program their factory NAV, and were driving blind. If they had been using a Garmin, they would have known which lane to have been in to make their exit.

FiremanC7 06-20-2013 01:35 PM

Look, you said it yourself - they are from Out Of Town! How can you expect them to know all of the nuances of traffic in Atlanta?
I recently drove from New Orleans to Helen, Ga. It has been a few years since I had driven through Atlanta. With many lanes to choose from and heavy traffic the road can seem intimidating. I did use the HOV lane, but there was still stop & go traffic.

Give us "Blue Hairs" a break.

johnodrake 06-20-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1584203209)
I wonder how many tens of thousands of young(under 65) kids in their sedans/SUV/Minivans/pickup trucks have run in the left lane slower than traffic and cut across 2-3-4 lanes to make an exit. One or two maybe......obviously not as many as the tens of thousands Blue hairs in their C6's doing that.

The blue hairs in question probably were relying on the factory NAV to tell then what lane they should be into make their exit, or, more likely, couldn't figure out how to program their factory NAV, and were driving blind. If they had been using a Garmin, they would have known which lane to have been in to make their exit.

Unless it is one of those times when Garmin gets it wrong....:thumbs:

davidtcpa 06-20-2013 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by jkcam6017 (Post 1584201116)
Can't imagine anyone would think you were a pompous azz, in or out of your Corvette.:yesnod:

:eek::funnypost:

MikeERWNC 06-20-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcam6017 View Post

Can't imagine anyone would think you were a pompous azz, in or out of your Corvette.

:eek::funnypost:
I own a Corvette as transportation. It is just a car that gets me from point A to B and so far mine has successfully gotten me back to point A. ( So I can repair it.)
It is the car I chose to buy this time. When it hits 200K, I will buy another car.
As far as pompous goes, look in the mirror if yours is covered in the garage for weekend exhibitions. It is still just a plastic Chevrolet.

I would expect someone driving a Corvette to set a better example of how to drive a premium car.

Like dem Vettes 06-20-2013 03:46 PM

Why do you care?

Wildmanht 06-20-2013 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by RicemanZ06 (Post 1584201174)
They were using the factory navigation system.

lol!

FAUEE 06-20-2013 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC (Post 1584205215)
I would expect someone driving a Corvette to set a better example of how to drive a premium car.

So you're saying they should have been going way over the speed limit and swerving around while revving their engine at everything?

I think you're expecting too much from them. Nothing wrong with being in the left lane, and how do you know there wasn't a line of cars 3 car lengths up from them going 65? I do that all the time, if there's a few cars going 65 ahead of me and nowhere to go, I'm not going to run up on them and tailgate them, THAT would be setting a bad example.

As far as the having to swerve across 3 lanes, yeah, they should have known the split was coming up. But maybe they got cryptic directions from the GPS. Heck, even Google Maps gives me some pretty cryptic directions when it come to stuff like that. God forbid there's a split in an interstate where both interstates were previously one, the GPS will just ignore the whole deal, because you were already on the right road invariably.

Maybe they were waiting for you to keep the wave alive, and were giving you as much time as possible and so that's why they had to swerve at the last second.

And FWIW, that's nowhere near as bad as the people that swerve on or off after the exit has already peeled off the highway. That one bothers me, I've never seen someplace where it was safer to do something like that rather than just continue on the exit and make a U-turn somewhere to get back to the interstate.

Steve_R 06-20-2013 05:04 PM

I own a Corvette as transportation. It is just a car... It is still just a plastic Chevrolet.

Which is it, "just a car" and a "plastic Chevrolet" or a "premium car?"

I DD mine as well and it is just a car to me. Of course, I don't feel the need to rant on an anonymous internet forum about people I don't know driving different than me. You should hope you're a "blue hair" someday that can afford a Vette because the only other alternative isn't good.

KX 06-20-2013 05:26 PM

Amazing, truly amazing...perhaps you will mature in your outlook of others, unless of course you are one of the immortals! James Gondolfini has recently found God, as you will also some day. In the meantime, live and let live and find something really world shattering to moan about. Loaf of bread under each arm yet they have to cry about nothing.....

jkcam6017 06-20-2013 05:34 PM

It is the car I chose to buy this time. When it hits 200K, I will buy another car.
As far as pompous goes, look in the mirror if yours is covered in the garage for weekend exhibitions. It is still just a plastic Chevrolet.

I can only hope that you will chose another Corvette. I'm confident that you look spectacular in plastic.

BTW what's the chance you'll be hitting 200k anytime soon?

cclive 06-20-2013 06:34 PM

They do the same thing with their shopping carts at Costco...:D:D

Boozman 06-20-2013 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Director (Post 1584199484)
Drove from ATL Airport to Murphy, NC huh?

Bad parts - Highways I85/75 and 400. :banghead:

Good parts - Hwy 60 past Dahlonega and the Hwy 129 twisties around Blood Mountain and Vogel State Park. :steering:

That is an awesome run, my wife and I did it today

obxchartercaptain 06-20-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC (Post 1584199545)
ATL is my closest airport... At 55.5 per mile, I will gladly make that 266 mile round trip often in a Corvette.
I love my job!
I-75 - I-575 turns to 515 - 60 - 64 - Home.
My C6 gets 30MPG.

If you get 30 mpg in your vette....you are driving it like a BLUE HAIR!!!:D

TRZ 06-20-2013 10:21 PM

:banghead:Yeah, I'd probably been POed also. I understand the need to rant cause Ive done my share.
But at the end of the day, no matter what or how they were driving, just blow it off. Thats what I'd hope others would do when I do something stupid:hide:
I know I'm no :sadangel: