CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   why do you love your Vette? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3288896-why-do-you-love-your-vette.html)

wolf10851 06-14-2013 01:48 PM

why do you love your Vette?

So the other day I was talking to a co-worker the other day and we got on the topic of my Vette. (I am now actually trying to talk her into getting one :) ) I was telling her about the great mileage that it gets (30 on the highway compared to her 18 in her SUV) Approx pricing of the c5 and other things as well then she popped up with a question. Do I love my Vette. My immediate answer was hell ya! then she said asked "why?" I got a little stumped for a second. My first answer that came to mind was "well it is a Vette what's not to love!" but I knew she would be wanting more. Well it IS fun to drive, has plenty of power, it is a beautiful car, and of course it IS a Vette what's not to love :) so I figured I would throw the question out to you guys and see what your reasons for loving the Vette was.

CQRT 06-14-2013 01:58 PM

Saw an ad in Car and Driver magazine for the 1973 Corvette . . it was a red coupe . . the ad read:

"If you've wanted a Corvette since you were a kid, you've waited long enough"

Damn staight.

Why? Just cuz.

Soul per4mance 06-14-2013 02:00 PM

Having owned a variety of fast cars. This one feels the most solid and stable at higher speeds. In addition it feels like Im piloting a stealth fighter in the cockpit.

3boystoys 06-14-2013 02:22 PM

I "like" this Vette, as well as all the others I've had. Love is not really what I feel about any of them, just toys to play with, sell, get another.

Toque 06-14-2013 02:25 PM

Cause its fun to drive, and its paid off... :D

Toque

PNW Vett 06-14-2013 03:29 PM

I guess I have to agree with "3boys" a little on this. I REALLY like my car a lot, but it is just a toy and something to have fun with driving, working on and even cleaning. I kind of reserve the "love" word for people in my life (wife, kids, family). I hope to always own a vette because there are many great things about them, but sadly it is just a "like". I will say that I like them more than any other car though!

wolf10851 06-14-2013 03:41 PM

ok maybe LOVE is a strong word to use I am not saying that I LOVE my Vette like the same way that I LOVE my wife but I do love my Vette if you all understand the difference that I mean

usgecko 06-14-2013 03:42 PM

It looks frikkin awesome
It's paid for
It's an American icon
It's fantastic value for money for what it does

PNW Vett 06-14-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wolf10851 (Post 1584157149)
ok maybe LOVE is a strong word to use I am not saying that I LOVE my Vette like the same way that I LOVE my wife but I do love my Vette if you all understand the difference that I mean

Absolutely Wolf, fully understand. It is as close to love as it can possibly be! Have a great weekend my friend. :cheers:

Khaalathas 06-14-2013 04:04 PM

good mileage, reliable fun. Had a 69 Camaro SS w/ 427 before this car and I was so tired of having to constantly fix things. With the vette almost as fast way more fun in the twisty turnies and I don't break something everytime I drive it. its testosterone on wheels :)

Suthunman 06-14-2013 04:19 PM

Good performance, looks great, out of the ordinary, can be bought in different styles to suit your needs/wants, good gas mileage, easily modded if that's your interest, reliable, ........it can be whatever you want it to be for YOU......a daily driver, a road trip/weekend car, show car, a toy, a track car or you can just buy one wax it and look at it.

I guess to sum it up, it's a versatile vehicle that can be whatever you want it be. Did I mention if you buy a nice used one and take reasonable care of it, it will hold it's value better than most vehicles. Of course, this is all IMHO. :thumbs:

I guess I got so wound up I forgot to answer the question. Love is a little strong but when I was a teenager I saw this yellow ragtop Vette on a car lot. Did my best to buy it, just couldn't afford it. I will always remember how bad I wanted that car. It wasn't my life's ambition to own one, it just worked out that way. Every now and then I mash the gas pedal down and it makes me feel younger than 58!

sircampsalot2 06-14-2013 04:52 PM

i LOVE mine because people tell me how nice it looks...

meflyfrc 06-14-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Toque (Post 1584156540)
Cause its fun to drive, and its paid off... :D

Toque

I second that emotion :D

Mattie Num Nums 06-14-2013 05:11 PM

When I was 7 I used to play a game called "Vette" on my old Mac. Fell in love with it then.

sebvegas 06-14-2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by CQRT (Post 1584156318)
"If you've wanted a Corvette since you were a kid, you've waited long enough"

That applies to me ! When I was a little kid back in France, I saw this ad for a white C4 with tinted windows in a specialized book and I fell in love for Corvettes. Ever since then, I always wanted this american icon ! But as you might know, back in France, it is almost impossible to own this kind of car.
Now that I am fortunate to live in the country, I finally own a C5 since a week ago almost and I really love the way it drives, the power, the look, the sound of the borla exhausts, the comfy way it holds you etc ... well pretty much everything lol

Mr.Bill 06-14-2013 06:08 PM

Who said I loved it?

wolf10851 06-14-2013 06:14 PM

Hey Bill I am gonna be in NV this weekend and might be going to Scheels on either Sat or Sun you feel like meeting up?

Mr.Bill 06-14-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by wolf10851 (Post 1584158223)
Hey Bill I am gonna be in NV this weekend and might be going to Scheels on either Sat or Sun you feel like meeting up?

You bet, I live close to Scheels in Sparks, Nv.
You can also hit up Cabelas on the way to Reno.

daddoe 06-14-2013 06:43 PM

...because the extra 2 or 3 inches the Vette gives me, makes me feel like I got 6 inches.

MSG C5 06-14-2013 06:48 PM

My first car was a 1985 Camaro IROC. It was the car that I first learned to maintain, modify and improve. I was single and could in all honesty say I "loved" the car. I had a lot of fun driving it, took great care of it and it showed. Unfortunately, it was stolen and chopped up for parts. Although I received a fair financial settlement, it really hurt and at that point I decided never again to be so emotionally attached to any object, especially a car.

Flash forward to 2004 when I bought my C5 convertible. Although I really, really, really, enjoy driving it and modifying it to my personal taste, I still keep my emotions in check and don't get over attached to it.

To answer the OP's question, I really, really, really like my Corvette because the great performance bang for the buck and classic good looks of the C5 generation! The car is an absolute blast to drive and it still turns heads!

:cool: