CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Grand Sport Seats (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3282180-grand-sport-seats.html)

The Director 06-02-2013 08:30 PM

Grand Sport Seats

Anyone with a 2012 or 2013 GS have these seats besides me? :bigears

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps5aedfbe0.jpg

doubledime 06-02-2013 08:32 PM

I have them, why do you ask?

VA50th 06-02-2013 08:34 PM

...other than the color (mine are cashmere)...looks the same.:willy:

red2012 06-02-2013 08:35 PM

Same seats different color on my'13 GS oh well.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/...psa65555b0.jpg

simplegto 06-02-2013 09:29 PM

We know the GS has a wide body and soft tires but the seats are the same as all the others. You can get the fancy Logo for a few more dollars.

Rich Mickol 06-02-2013 09:32 PM

No luck getting the backs?

LOUSVETTE 06-02-2013 09:34 PM

Mine are titanium in the center and ebony on the outside

The Director 06-02-2013 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by doubledime (Post 1584056595)
I have them, why do you ask?

Through bitter experience due to someone T-boning my GS, I have discovered that these seats cannot be replaced. GM discontinued them and kept no spares or stock. No GM supplier including the vendors on the Forum can get replacements.

The only options now are to have the origninal manufacturor who made them for GM to make another set...and that will take 8-10 weeks. Either that or change the seats completely to something other than the car was originally equipped with.

The main reason for this thread is to say if you have these seats, care for them like they are they are irreplacable...because they are exactly that. :banghead:

not08crmanymore 06-02-2013 11:17 PM

You didn't ask but I'd wait the 8-10 weeks to get those exact ones back in your car!!

michaelinmech 06-02-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Director (Post 1584058124)
Through bitter experience due to someone T-boning my GS, I have discovered that these seats cannot be replaced. GM discontinued them and kept no spares or stock. No GM supplier including the vendors on the Forum can get replacements.

The only options now are to have the origninal manufacturor who made them for GM to make another set...and that will take 8-10 weeks. Either that or change the seats completely to something other than the car was originally equipped with.

The main reason for this thread is to say if you have these seats, care for them like they are they are irreplacable...because they are exactly that. :banghead:

You are saying that GM does not have and can't get 'what amounts to parts' for 2012-13 model year Corvettes?

I think there are federal laws governing parts availability? Am I wrong?

LucaBrasiAZ 06-03-2013 01:06 AM

I would do some more homework......I believe its federal law that they do, and I believe its for 7 or 8 years after the last model year.

brettbolt 06-03-2013 03:28 AM

My new '13 GS has cashmere and black seats, but the center of the seat bottom and back is cashmere, not black like yours.

An option you might want to consider..... Will post a photo of them if requested.

Seadawg 06-03-2013 06:19 AM

Any part can be replaced on the C6, I would do more homework.

You may have to wait for the part to be ordered, but it is replacable.

The Director 06-03-2013 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Seadawg (Post 1584059201)
Any part can be replaced on the C6, I would do more homework.

You may have to wait for the part to be ordered, but it is replacable.

The dealership doing the repair is in Bowling Green and they are closely associated with the factory and the NCM. The owner of the dealership AND the factory manager have been researching this issue for quite some time so THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS.

In my case, the driver side seat is fine but the passenger seat was ripped up. The bottom line for me is like one poster already suggested...I will be waiting 8 more weeks for the manufacturor to make a new matching seat.

Big sigh because they've had the car for 7 weeks now. 8 more makes a total of 15 weeks without my Corvette. Yes, the seats are not toally irreplaceable but as long as it takes to get another one, you will think it almost is. :leaving:

Top_Fuel 06-03-2013 09:04 AM

The seats themselves aren't the problem...the correct replacement seat COVERS are the issue, right? They aren't trying to replace the actual seat...or are they? :confused:

Rich Mickol 06-03-2013 09:43 AM

I really feel for you. Nobody should have to wait that long for a seat cover. My 07 had a two-tone interior with crossed flags and after reading this story I'm glad my 12GS has nothing but a solid Ebony interior.

Good luck my friend. :thumbs:

The Director 06-03-2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel (Post 1584059889)
The seats themselves aren't the problem...the correct replacement seat COVERS are the issue, right? They aren't trying to replace the actual seat...or are they? :confused:

Yes. You are correct. The issue is one of seat covers. :yesnod:

michaelinmech 06-03-2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Director (Post 1584060391)

Duct Tape the passenger seat and use your car until the new seat/seat cover arrives :D

Seadawg 06-03-2013 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Director (Post 1584060391)

Yea, I didn't mean to sound like a know it all in my post above, sorry.

I was looking at getting a kit to upgrade my 2011 to the newer seats, will these guys be any help?

http://www.partstaxi.com/products.php?partID=1636

They sell a LOT of seat upgrade kits, maybe they can help find one in stock somewhere, might be worth an email or a call.

The Director 06-03-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584061833)
Duct Tape the passenger seat and use your car until the new seat/seat cover arrives :D

That's actually the plan at this point and even the dealership suggested it. I plan to go get the car next week and the dealership in Bowling Green will ship the seat covers to my local dealership in Georgia...once they finally show up.

I guess I'll just hide the bad seat with a big beach towel or something. :ack: