CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Help. I drive to fast and agressive (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3275444-help-i-drive-to-fast-and-agressive.html)

chassed 05-21-2013 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1583959790)
Grow up...:thumbs:

Exactly what I was thinking

Mr.Bill 05-22-2013 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by 2001yellow/redC5 (Post 1583959308)
I have owned 3 daily driver Corvettes over the years. All were modded. Never wrecked or caused a wreck. I find it is too easy to go faster, around slower, or lane change quicker than 99% of the cars out on the road. I try too relax and drive with traffic, play music, etc... Need some advice on avoiding the urge to drive fast and aggressive.

A couple of options here, Not sure which one applies to you.
1. Grow up.
2. A few tickets will help to teach you.
3. Before you get into the car take a big chill pill.
4. Get a Co-Pilot that will B-slap you every time you put your foot into it.
5. Self Restraint.
Mr.Bill

VETJAZZ 05-22-2013 01:30 AM

Get a VW Bus. Take time to smell the roses. :D

oldschoolvette 05-22-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin (Post 1583959937)
I think for those who drive aggressively , its an ego thing, or a size thing, or the lack there of.
Im just sayin
Bill aka ET

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what he said:cheers:

James2002z06 05-22-2013 07:13 AM

This by far is the dumbest

Thread that I've seen on here the past 2 years ....:lurk:

Leo23 05-22-2013 07:21 AM

Stop trying to compensate for your undersized equipment by driving like a maniac.

DevilDog II 05-22-2013 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1583959790)
Grow up...:thumbs:

:thumbs: Now that there is funny.

xdmikey 05-22-2013 07:43 AM

Went to my first CNC on Sunday morning and got there late. There was a young guy there, primo parking space(must have got there really early) with a really built car. He left shortly after I parked. He left the lot in a very loud manner cutting in front of some cars on the street. The gist of the comments was "how long will that car be looking like that".

Just cause it can doesn't mean it needs to.

95rtturbo 05-22-2013 08:15 AM

Sell the Vette, drive a Prius.

PushinTheLimit 05-22-2013 08:19 AM

Like a couple of others have said, go find a club that offers HPDE (High Performance Driving Education) events in your area and that will curb your appetite for wanting to go fast on the streets. Plus, it's good experience to learn what your car (and yourself) is capable of and gain valuable knowledge of your surroundings.

Check out www.nasaproracing.com and look for the region closest to you.

Phanni 05-22-2013 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by OKZ06 (Post 1583960619)
Take it to a roadcourse and get your ass handed to you by cars that would never be able to keep up to you in a strait line.

You'll also learn that you ain't really all that great behind the wheel, and that your car ain't as fast as you thought it was. .

2001yellow/redC5 05-22-2013 08:39 AM

All, thanks for the advice and coments. I have read this thread and really took in all the replies. I look forward to more positive replies.

Grown up people make mistakes everday. I am trying to make the proper adjustment before I regret my actions. I am a ex-sport bike daily driver for 7 years. I was even worse on the sport bike. I got that out of my system many years ago. I was lucky!
I also appreciate the PM from Johnz02Z06 some very good advice

onlyavette 05-22-2013 09:28 AM

There was a reason that Forrest Gump didn't drive a car.

What point are you trying to make by telling us that you are an "ex-sport bike rider". You may have gotten rid of the "sport bike" but you didn't change a thing about you.

What kind of "positive reply" do you expect to get?

Go do a ride along with your local state troupers and talk to them about working accidents. Death is right around the corner every time you get behind the wheel of your car. What you expect to be able to do on the highway is way out of line with what 99% of the drivers that share the road with you can reasonably expect you to do. The people that die on the highway are children, mothers, fathers and husbands that are usually minding their own business when some knuckle dragger that thinks he is an "expert driver" makes a mistake, and you will make a mistake, and causes them to loose control or hits them.

The fact that you even posted something like this on a public forum shows that you have very poor judgement and you would probably never believe that something like this post could be used against you in court while you are sued by the victim of an accident you caused.

If you think that I am a little over the top with my reaction, wait until you get grilled by an experienced and aggressive civil attorney.

Positive response? Sounds to me like you need a whack on the head with a brick.

Read this; http://www.smartmotorist.com/traffic...l-crashes.html

Be sure to read some of the comments. They are talking about you.

2001yellow/redC5 05-22-2013 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by onlyavette (Post 1583962229)
There was a reason that Forrest Gump didn't drive a car.

What point are you trying to make by telling us that you are an "ex-sport bike rider". You may have gotten rid of the "sport bike" but you didn't change a thing about you.

What kind of "positive reply" do you expect to get?

Go do a ride along with your local state troupers and talk to them about working accidents. Death is right around the corner every time you get behind the wheel of your car. What you expect to be able to do on the highway is way out of line with what 99% of the drivers that share the road with you can reasonably expect you to do. The people that die on the highway are children, mothers, fathers and husbands that are usually minding their own business when some knuckle dragger that thinks he is an "expert driver" makes a mistake, and you will make a mistake, and causes them to loose control or hits them.

The fact that you even posted something like this on a public forum shows that you have very poor judgement and you would probably never believe that something like this post could be used against you in court while you are sued by the victim of an accident you caused.

If you think that I am a little over the top with my reaction, wait until you get grilled by an experienced and aggressive civil attorney.

Positive response? Sounds to me like you need a whack on the head with a brick.

Read this; http://www.smartmotorist.com/traffic...l-crashes.html

Be sure to read some of the comments. They are talking about you.

It's an open forum all replies are welcome. If you don't like the post move on. I needed advice and asked for it. I knew it was a problem that some Corvette or high performance car and bike owners could relate to.

SaberD 05-22-2013 09:49 AM

I'm surprised noone has recommended a radar detector. My Passport 9500ix was one of the best investments I've ever made.

Loby 1 05-22-2013 09:54 AM

Just pretend you are driving to an IRS audit.

VetteFTW 05-22-2013 10:01 AM

If you have a manual, leave it in 6th. Can't go too fast there.

waddisme 05-22-2013 10:01 AM

Find a local track and have at it. I am lucky to be be within 3 1/2 hrs of VIR, RD ATL, Charlotte Speedway and Carolina Motorsports park. It will quench any desire you have to drive unsafely on the highway. Here is a quick vid from VIR. This is in my car I drove to work today. 10x more thrills than you can get on the highway and much safer.

Mattie Num Nums 05-22-2013 10:06 AM

Just remember when you are driving that the person you kill could be your mother or your best friends mother.

Also the leave it in 6th method works great, especially since 6th to 5th can be a pain in the ass.

onlyavette 05-22-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2001yellow/redC5 (Post 1583962315)
It's an open forum all replies are welcome. If you don't like the post move on. I needed advice and asked for it. I knew it was a problem that some Corvette or high performance car and bike owners could relate to.

What makes you think I don't like the post? You can't find any advice in what I have to say?

Okay, let me see if I can find that brick.

Reread your original post friend.