CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   A note to GM staff part 2 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3273987-a-note-to-gm-staff-part-2-a.html)

Sin City 05-19-2013 11:32 AM

A note to GM staff part 2

Good job! :)

It's difficult to design something iconic and still look exciting. The new C7 is aggressive but carries over a few cues from the past to make it part of the overall lineage.

The engineering looks first rate. The new engine is impressive. 450+ hp and no gas guzzler tax.

Most impressive of all... a very, very modest increase in price with a lot of new features and technology.

-CM- 05-19-2013 11:47 AM

Indeed. I think this will pretty much be the synopsis of all the upcoming reviews.

DocHolliday 05-19-2013 12:09 PM

Well put, I think you hit the nail on the head.

r1owner 05-19-2013 12:15 PM

+ eleventy billion. They did a great job.

TorqueDriver 05-19-2013 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1583937818)

It's difficult to design something iconic and still look exciting. The new C7 is aggressive but carries over a few cues from the past to make it part of the overall lineage.

The engineering looks first rate. The new engine is impressive. 450+ hp and no gas guzzler tax.

Most impressive of all... a very, very modest increase in price with a lot of new features and technology.

:iagree:
Great summation.
GM really did have to walk a very difficult balance with the design of the new C7. When considering all of the variables involved they deserve much credit.:thumbs:

ZL-1 05-19-2013 01:00 PM

Yes, excellent! :thumbs:

1.5 hours and no Torch ??

SCM_Crash 05-19-2013 01:20 PM

+1 :thumbs:

JustinStrife 05-19-2013 01:22 PM

An evolutionary step for Corvette. :yesnod:

SCM_Crash 05-19-2013 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1583938664)
An evolutionary step for Corvette. :yesnod:

I would disagree here and say this was revolutionary for the Corvette.

69L79 05-19-2013 01:36 PM

When the C6 was unveiled, I liked it. But, it wasn't a "gotta have it now" kind of feeling for me. The GS in '10 got me to come over to the C6. :yesnod: With the C7 it was almost an immediate "gotta buy one". :cool: I usually buy 2/3 MYs in. My mind is telling me, enjoy the GS for a few more years. My heart is telling me, get a red C7 w/Black wheels........ Its going to be a long two/three years. :ack:

SCM_Crash 05-19-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 89L98 (Post 1583938759)
When the C6 was unveiled, I liked it. But, it wasn't a "gotta have it now" kind of feeling for me. The GS in '10 got me to come over to the C6. :yesnod: With the C7 it was almost an immediate "gotta buy one". :cool: I usually buy 2/3 MYs in. My mind is telling me, enjoy the GS for a few more years. My heart is telling me, get a red C7 w/Black wheels........ Its going to be a long two/three years. :ack:

I was the same way. Saw the C5 and thought, "HAVE to get this!" Saw the C6 and thought, "That's nice." But saw the C7 and was reborn!

StrayDog 05-19-2013 02:15 PM

:chevy:auto:

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1583938644)
+1 :thumbs:

:iagree: Tommy Jr has my deposit C7 Convertabe..... :steering: "Woof", The Dog :flag:

harlold 05-19-2013 02:18 PM

It is a step in the right direction. Personally I think they should have gone further, but it is a great step.

C7 4 Me 05-19-2013 02:25 PM

I can't say I've cared about any of the recent corvettes. We've been driving audi's and BMW's. I sold my Audi and am going to sell my BMW the day I drive away with my already-ordered C7.

GM nailed it with this car. I'm still blown away at how they even caught my attention.

1986C4Z51 05-19-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1583938691)

I have to disagree with your disagreement. It's a refinement of the C6 which was a refinement of the C5. If it were mid engined, then I would say revolutionary.

gthal 05-19-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me (Post 1583939091)
I can't say I've cared about any of the recent corvettes. We've been driving audi's and BMW's. I sold my Audi and am going to sell my BMW the day I drive away with my already-ordered C7.

GM nailed it with this car. I'm still blown away at how they even caught my attention.

I'm in the same boat... but our opinions aren't as relevant and we will get some folks annoyed because we are not part of the long time brand loyalty generation of Corvette fans :D

I'm just messing around... but you will get this comment :thumbs:

1986C4Z51 05-19-2013 02:40 PM

If the folks in Bowling Green read this forum, this comment will probably please them more than any of the others: trying to broaden their customer base is a high priority and if they can appeal to an Audi customer, I think they might be accomplishing their goals.

CJJ 05-19-2013 02:50 PM

advanced manufactoring and engineering at its finest folks is what this all comes down to and why we are getting so much bang for the buck. GM is at the top of the game in delivering one heck of a value for the dollar. I have not seen it in person but I beleive it all. Engineering technology is going out of this world right now and its an exciting time. Lets all ahve faith that this advanced manufactoring spills over to the U.S.A.'s other industries and seee us on the upswing with the economy. I think its going to happen.

Looking forward to getting the first from Heritage in Richmond VA.

Bill17601 05-19-2013 04:02 PM

Love you all at GM..just wish you could have made some C7's for this summer..can't wait to drive mine.:thumbs:

Glenmcp 05-19-2013 04:47 PM

GM has thousands of opinions to try and satisfy. And, goals of putting as much as possible into the car while keeping the cost down. Given their task, the result is outstanding. The bang-for-the-buck is darn good.

TorqueDriver 05-19-2013 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1583939663)
Love you all at GM..just wish you could have made some C7's for this summer..can't wait to drive mine.:thumbs:

I'm right there with ya' Bill. Mine is also on order with Mike@Criswell.
The waiting has begun :cheers:

Aviator 05-19-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1583938691)

:cheers:

jr3 05-19-2013 06:12 PM

They did a GOOD job on the car. :thumbs:

The real car turned out better than some of the renders that were floating around last year.

I like 95% of the car..... I still think the rear end could use a little work but that is just my personal opinion... I think the horizonal reflectors on the rear bumper would look better if they were removed or made smaller and relocated to the bottom of the bumper, less visible. Kinda like on the Ferrari F12, they are located at the bottom of the bumper (Kind of hidden in a seam)... It would also be cool if a REAL rear diffuser was offered.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadte...a-rear-end.jpg.

Two other things i would do is rethink the chrome "mouth brace" in the front bumper grill area (The chrome looks very out of place)... and maybe think about adding some fog lights in the bottom of the front bumper or some LED light strips in the sides of the grill area.

But overall a good job was done and congrats on the new car. :cheers:

Oh yeah,... and dont forget we want ATOMIC ORANGE back. :D (Kick @$$ color for the C7)

Sin City 05-19-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jr3 (Post 1583940457)

They did a GOOD job on the car. :thumbs:

The real car turned out better than some of the renders that were floating around last year.

I like 95% of the car..... I still think the rear end could use a little work but that is just my personal opinion... I think the horizonal reflectors on the rear bumper would look better if they were removed or made smaller and relocated to the bottom of the bumper, less visible. Kinda like on the Ferrari F12, they are located at the bottom of the bumper (Kind of hidden in a seam)... It would also be cool if a REAL rear diffuser was offered.

Two other things i would do is rethink the chrome "mouth brace" in the front bumper grill area (The chrome looks very out of place)... and maybe think about adding some fog lights in the bottom of the front bumper or some LED light strips in the sides of the grill area.

But overall a good job was done and congrats on the new car. :cheers:

Oh yeah,... and dont forget we want ATOMIC ORANGE back. :D (Kick @$$ color for the C7)

I drove this car a few weeks ago. Amazing machine. The rear looks so cool in person. And 730 HP ain't bad, particularly at 8500 RPM :)

Gary '09 C6 05-19-2013 07:20 PM

I agree with the OP's sentiments and similar thoughts expressed by others.

GM knows the paradigm: meaningfully upgrade the content, only add a relatively
nominal price increase, and sell as many as can be produced !

User 2623 05-19-2013 09:59 PM

Okay peeples got end this love fest it's making me sick.
:U

This car is a B- at best with one exceptionally ridiculous design statement the rear.

Otherwise they are still behind the curve as to interior design, materials and engineering. I love corvettes, but they are your discount sports car, a price per features car.
This iteration they just moved up one step in the auto retail hierarchy. They went from Walmart to Tarjay [i.e. Target].

Okay now we have balance.

rcallen484 05-19-2013 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by matthewelle (Post 1583942283)

This car is a B- at best with one exceptionally ridiculous design statement the rear.

Otherwise they are still behind the curve as to interior design, materials and engineering. I love corvettes, but they are your discount sports car, a price per features car.
This iteration they just moved up one step in the auto retail hierarchy. They went from Walmart to Tarjay [i.e. Target].

Man you are bitter over your C6 experience. When you word your displeasure with the C7 this way are you actually expecting respect in return?

gthal 05-19-2013 10:20 PM

Thanks for your opinion... it's fortunate it isn't shared by very many (i.e. there still isn't balance :thumbs:)

speedlink 05-19-2013 10:28 PM

Well said. It is hard to incorporate the new technology and design a new car that keeps the heritage of Corvette. And keep the pricing where it is. Well done GM team!

BlueOx 05-19-2013 10:29 PM

It's sad that you piss on Jimi's aura by using his image in your avatar. Okay, now we have balance...ohmmmmmmmmm:rofl:

Supermassive 05-19-2013 10:40 PM

Hi all first post here, I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now absorbing as much detail as possible on the new Vette as possible and finally decided to register because i think I am dead set on owning a Stingray.

I agree that this was a difficult car for GM to make, especially with so many people in the Corvette family, all with their own expectation of what the new Vette should or should not be. I am glad that GM stuck to their guns and designed a car that is somewhat polarizing to the community. I personally have been around and driven my fair share of Corvettes but never owned one due to a few reasons (mostly financial), that said I have only ever had that "gotta have it" feeling over one of them and that was a '63 Split window back in 1999...it needed some work but was being sold for just $20k. I kick myself for not buying it.

The C7 is the first Corvette I have wanted as badly as I wanted that '63, I've driven the C4 ZR-1, C5 Z06 (numerous times), the C6 Z06 and ZR-1 (flogged the piss out of the Z06 at Willow Springs) and have always come away impressed with the performance but pretty much neutral feeling about the car as a whole. The C7 is exciting, at first I didn't like the rear, but I think that I got caught up in the wave of hate and discontent that all the "purists" were spewing instead of really taking the whole car in. Pictures just showing the rear end can't possibly make it look like a part of the cohesive "whole" unit. The profile is pure Vette, while the details make it fresh.

I'll be putting a deposit down soon on a White (or Yellow ;) Z51, 2LT with Black wheels, competition seats, Nav, CF interior trim, and red interior and calipers...in manual of course. Should be interesting joining a community thats been thriving for 60 years for the first time with the 7th gen car as my first foray into the fold :)

JustinStrife 05-19-2013 10:48 PM

Feel free to go to the sub-forum that you prefer to be in. If you don't like this generation, fine. You don't have to be here.

SCM_Crash 05-19-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1986C4Z51 (Post 1583939124)
I have to disagree with your disagreement. It's a refinement of the C6 which was a refinement of the C5. If it were mid engined, then I would say revolutionary.

I'm going to have to disagree with you disagreeing with me disagreeing with you.

The C7 has a new engine design, completely new exterior and interior design (including the departure from the round tail lights).

The C5 to the C6 used the exact same engine platform/design and had a nearly identical interior and exterior. That was an evolutionary change.

Trackaholic 05-20-2013 03:31 AM

I agree. I was certain I'd be driving a Cayman by now, but this C7 has grabbed my attention in a way that has completely surprised me. I still would like to test drive one (I actually started to type "pre-order" instead of "test drive") before fully committing, but as you can see from my Freudian slip a few words earlier, that test drive may end up being on my own car.

-T

JerriVette 05-20-2013 05:00 AM

I look forward to hp,tq and performance confirmation that the c7 ends up as the latest and greatest yet from what we've seen so far? It's everything you said and more,

Red with black interior m7 c7 z51 MRC competition seats NPP 1lt ...that's what I'm dreaming of...

Glenmcp 05-20-2013 08:32 AM

Let me know when you find a new Ferrari at a new Vette price.

Dominic Toretto 05-20-2013 08:47 AM

Another +1 to GM, good job guys.

And a quick note to everyone else... don't feed the trolls, they will go away if they have nothing to eat.

-Alex

Zymurgy 05-20-2013 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Supermassive (Post 1583942592)
Hi all first post here, I've been lurking on these boards for a few weeks now absorbing as much detail as possible on the new Vette as possible and finally decided to register because i think I am dead set on owning a Stingray.

I agree that this was a difficult car for GM to make, especially with so many people in the Corvette family, all with their own expectation of what the new Vette should or should not be. I am glad that GM stuck to their guns and designed a car that is somewhat polarizing to the community. I personally have been around and driven my fair share of Corvettes but never owned one due to a few reasons (mostly financial), that said I have only ever had that "gotta have it" feeling over one of them and that was a '63 Split window back in 1999...it needed some work but was being sold for just $20k. I kick myself for not buying it.

The C7 is the first Corvette I have wanted as badly as I wanted that '63, I've driven the C4 ZR-1, C5 Z06 (numerous times), the C6 Z06 and ZR-1 (flogged the piss out of the Z06 at Willow Springs) and have always come away impressed with the performance but pretty much neutral feeling about the car as a whole. The C7 is exciting, at first I didn't like the rear, but I think that I got caught up in the wave of hate and discontent that all the "purists" were spewing instead of really taking the whole car in. Pictures just showing the rear end can't possibly make it look like a part of the cohesive "whole" unit. The profile is pure Vette, while the details make it fresh.

I'll be putting a deposit down soon on a White (or Yellow ;) Z51, 2LT with Black wheels, competition seats, Nav, CF interior trim, and red interior and calipers...in manual of course. Should be interesting joining a community thats been thriving for 60 years for the first time with the 7th gen car as my first foray into the fold :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...es/welcome.gif to the forum http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ies/newbie.gif!

Thanks for sharing your perspective and I hope you love your C7 as much as I know I will love mine.

04_Z06_CE 05-20-2013 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1583942405)
Man you are bitter over your C6 experience. When you word your displeasure with the C7 this way are you actually expecting respect in return?

Why does every retard think that just because one doesn't bow down to the c7 , were haters or were bitter cause we have a c6. Lol. C'mon guys its forums , where we can be open and talk. By the way I like the car although not a huge fan of the rear and weak 450 hp numbers. Gm can make all the nice cars they want but when it's a shi$$y service and quality is awful , it won't matter. Lets just hope the c7 interior doesn't start the plastic on plastic noise violence gm is known for and that they actually have some quality ..cause let's face it service and quality are gm's is by far the worst in industry. So drive that pretty c7 around. Lets just hope it doesn't see too much service time. :hide::lol:

gthal 05-20-2013 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE (Post 1583944604)
:rofl::lol:
Ok , we'll go away so you can continue sticking your little man penis in the tail pipes.
Again, why are some people so damn bitter! It's like the c7 was made by your daddy or something. It's called forums! :lol:

Pot meet kettle

pewter99 05-20-2013 09:34 AM

:seeya

another C7 thread down the drain

ParisTNDude 05-20-2013 09:46 AM

I honestly think the C7's introduction and evolutionary steps rank with the introduction of the 63 split window coupe. Direct injection is something many said Chevy wouldn't do for another 5 years or so. It's got a little catch up to do with the auto trans in the form of a dual clutch 8 speed, but that's coming.

Just think of the bests GM has come up with in recent years:

Cobalt SS turbo...still holds the Lightening Lap record for it's class as well as Nurburgring
Cruze Europe's World Touring Car World Champions three years running
CTS-V Put a whoopin on BMW's best
CTS-V Wagon phenomenal performance hauler - Top Gear Video shows it beating a Ferrari California in a drag race
Camaro SS, 1LE, ZL1 and now Z28 yeah, it's a big car but it hauls butt and beats some super cars especially at Nurburgring
Corvette, Z06, ZR1, C7 cars that have made history - 6 or 7 times LeMans class winners?

It's nice to be a Chevy performance fan when we're on top!!

Silver05GTO 05-20-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1583944726)
:seeya

another C7 thread down the drain

Yep, be nice of the haters to just stay out of the C7 section if they having nothing worth saying.....complaints about the C7 have all been rehashed over and over by the haters.

But I'm keeping a list of all the haters, cause just like the C5-C6 transition a large amount of people who initially were upset with the design change, came over and bought C6's.

I fully expect as the C7 hits the local roads, local cruise nights, local tracks.....little by little the haters will melt away and buy the best corvette yet. There is no doubt, this will be the best Corvette generation, I'm looking forward to owning one someday.

QUAKEJAKE 05-20-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1583942816)
I'm going to have to disagree with you disagreeing with me disagreeing with you.

The C7 has a new engine design, completely new exterior and interior design (including the departure from the round tail lights).

The C5 to the C6 used the exact same engine platform/design and had a nearly identical interior and exterior. That was an evolutionary change.

I owned a 1998 and 2006. Dont know what youre talking about????????

ParisTNDude 05-20-2013 11:04 AM

I would almost bet some who complain about quality haven't seen the C7 in person. And, it's a little difficult to complain about it's serviceability when none have been sold yet. There's simply no sports car in the world that comes close to the quality and performance of a Corvette for the money and the C7 makes it even more difficult for them to compete.

I had two different Corvettes in Europe, an 82 and an 02 and, trust me, the Germans, Italians and 10 other countries love the Vette...for good reason. By the way, a new 2003 Corvette was on a GM showroom floor for over $110K and still there are Corvette clubs all over Europe.

I don't think I can afford a C7 anytime soon...have to wait for a 3 or 4 year old used one...but, some day......

JoesC5 05-20-2013 11:07 AM

Do you not then agree that the C6Z06 is a marvelous piece of engineering excellence?

It is the lightest version produced of the C6 and C7, and it has 505 HP and no gas guzzler tax. No one can argue that the C6 Z06 is not aggressive and yet no one mistakes it for another sports car. It screams "I'm a Corvette" from every angle.

Premmer 05-20-2013 11:15 AM

2014 Corvette Online Order / Reference Guide Website

The wheels shown on your website are for the 2013 Corvette. When I contacted your new order help line (800) 950-CHEVY, I was told they are the same as the 2013. Hope the GM Staff is monitoring this thread and will provide a hi-res image of the RQ1 Machine-Faced Aluminum Wheels 1YY*7 option.

Silver05GTO 05-20-2013 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583945609)
Do you not then agree that the C6Z06 is a marvelous piece of engineering excellence?

It is the lightest version produced of the C6 and C7, and it has 505 HP and no gas guzzler tax. No one can argue that the C6 Z06 is not aggressive and yet no one mistakes it for another sports car. It screams "I'm a Corvette" from every angle.

Sure is, expect for the LS7 heads being a ticking timebomb. Can't remember the last car a forum will tell you to rip into the motor to prevent a looming catastrophic failure if your out of warranty.

Big Dan 427 05-20-2013 03:06 PM

so what you're saying GTO is that a car with a motor that has been in production for nine years that GM builds is a problematic "time bomb" yet the all new C7 will come with no worries? This is kind of hypocritical isn't it?

JoesC5 05-20-2013 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO (Post 1583947539)
Sure is, expect for the LS7 heads being a ticking timebomb. Can't remember the last car a forum will tell you to rip into the motor to prevent a looming catastrophic failure if your out of warranty.

That's the truth, but GM didn't deliberately design the heads/valves to fail at 20,000 miles. But GM has screwed the pooch especially with the terrible public relations with Z06 owners. Some are at 100,000 miles with no problems while others dropped a valve with under 20,000 miles.

Still, the C6 Z06 is an engineering masterpiece. It delivers the mail and doesn't have to come up with lame excuses.

If the C7 comes with a problem like the LS7's valves, how will GM handle it? Hopefully, not the same way they have handled the LS7. But GM has a long history of producing duds, and not taking care of their customers. Don't think for a minute that the C7 will somehow be immune to such problems.

About the only thing that the C7 has that I would accept on my Z06 is the TR6070. But, at the end of the day, that extra 1 MPG improvement while driving on the Interstate for 500 miles isn't something I would pay extra for.

Sin City 05-20-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583945609)

Is the Iphone 1 engineering excellence? Well, what about Iphone 5?

Things get better. Deal with it.

To me, the C6 screams "I'm a 12 year old Corvette".

I will argue it's not aggressive enough. It looks like bread rising in a pan. :)

There... are we through insulting each others tastes now?

torquetube 05-20-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1583942816)

The LS2 was more similar to the LS1 than the new LT1 is to the LS3, but come on, these are all SBCs. On the other hand, the LS7 and especially LS9 were as big a change from the LS1 or LS6 as what we've seen with the new Stingray.

The C6 Z06 aluminum chassis was a bigger departure from the C5 steel chassis than the C7's is from the C6 Z06 / ZR-1.

The C6 interior is very different than the C5's. In 2004, people were raving about it. Then after a few years, groupthink settled in and people remembered they're supposed to hate Corvette interiors. I suspect the same thing will happen with the C7, unfortunately.

The surface "graphic" (what a terrible term) changes on the C7 exterior are more overt but the overall shape and proportion of the car is _very_ C6 - as one would expect. At dusk you'll get them mixed up... except for those taillights of course.

I think the C7 is part of the steady evolution of the platform that really began with the C5. They've got a winner and they're making it better.

JoesC5 05-20-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1583947875)
Is the Iphone 1 engineering excellence? Well, what about Iphone 5?

Things get better. Deal with it.

To me, the C6 screams "I'm a 12 year old Corvette".

I will argue it's not aggressive enough. It looks like bread rising in a pan. :)

There... are we through insulting each others tastes now?

I thought we were talking about the C6 Z06. At least I was when I said the Z06(sorry if I mumbled and you couldn't read what I wrote) is lighter then the C7, has more horsepower than the C7 and looks more aggressive than the C7. You are aware that the Z06 is slightly different from the base C6.

I didn't mention it, but the C6 Z06 is actually 7 years old, not 12.

Sin City 05-20-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583948939)
I thought we were talking about the C6 Z06. At least I was when I said the Z06(sorry if I mumbled and you couldn't read what I wrote) is lighter then the C7, has more horsepower than the C7 and looks more aggressive than the C7. You are aware that the Z06 is slightly different from the base C6.

C6 Z06 is awesome.

jr3 05-21-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583948939)

But if the C7 matches the C6 Z06 in performance, does it really matter if its a few pounds lighter?

sam90lx 05-21-2013 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by jr3 (Post 1583957092)
But if the C7 matches the C6 Z06 in performance, does it really matter if its a few pounds lighter?

Going to be tough to match it!

Kappa 05-21-2013 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by torquetube (Post 1583948053)
The LS2 was more similar to the LS1 than the new LT1 is to the LS3, but come on, these are all SBCs. On the other hand, the LS7 and especially LS9 were as big a change from the LS1 or LS6 as what we've seen with the new Stingray.

I can't agree with this statement mainly because of how much the combustion system has changed with the LT1 vs the Gen III and IV. The bottom end, not so much, but the oil squirters, forged crank, and variable oil pump are pretty big deals on a standard engine although some of it was already on the LS9. There was a good bit in common with the Gen III and IV engines but there's not much in common with the Gen V as far as we know.

The C6 Z06 aluminum chassis was a bigger departure from the C5 steel chassis than the C7's is from the C6 Z06 / ZR-1.
In terms of materials, yes. In terms of structure, no. The move from the normal frame rails to the various different sections that makeup the C7 frame are much different from the C5/C6 frame in any material.

I think the C7 is part of the steady evolution of the platform that really began with the C5. They've got a winner and they're making it better.
This I agree with. Same basic principles, higher tech execution. Should be great. :yesnod:

CJJ 05-21-2013 04:39 PM

C7 is > than C6 Z06

Yay for C7!!!! sorry C6ers. We do have a forum for you though!!!

Crossofiron 05-21-2013 04:55 PM

True

Batman 357 05-21-2013 06:06 PM

I saw it in person this weekend. It looks great. I think this will be a big hit for GM.

BlueOx 05-21-2013 06:23 PM

Great message!

I would add that the Corvette team should be very proud of the job they did keeping the C6 generation as great and as profitable as they did. If Tadge and the team had NOT done that, it is very likely there would be NO C7 at all.

User 2623 05-21-2013 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1583942519)
It's sad that you piss on Jimi's aura by using his image in your avatar. Okay, now we have balance...ohmmmmmmmmm:rofl:

But Ox .. I still gave it a B-, still not good enuff ?

ZL-1 05-21-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by CJJ (Post 1583957383)
C7 is > than C6 Z06

Yay for C7!!!! sorry C6ers. We do have a forum for you though!!!

I just had a funny thought: after nearly 10 years of friction between C5 and C6 owners maybe they'll all bury the hatchet and unite to dis the C7 :lol:

ArcticC7 05-21-2013 10:22 PM

Great job, but next time get the styling right!

gthal 05-21-2013 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Torch2013C6 (Post 1583960132)

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/w...54754B865B.jpg

JustinStrife 05-21-2013 11:27 PM

They did get it right.

SCM_Crash 05-21-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1583960586)
They did get it right.

b4i4getit 05-22-2013 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO (Post 1583947539)

Don't be so smug. The LT1 engine is entirely new. If you don't think that engine won't have some teething problems you are naive. The first year of this car will show up things that need to change in the second year of production.

Bronzevette85 05-22-2013 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1583960586)
They did get it right.

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash (Post 1583960626)

:iagree: Couldn't have agree more. Loved everything about the C7. Great job GM!

Snorman 05-22-2013 12:07 AM

I would venture to say that you're very close to taking the same path as Stingray81 and 427 C5, which means you won't be posting here for much longer.
S.

Silver05GTO 05-22-2013 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by b4i4getit (Post 1583960820)
Don't be so smug. The LT1 engine is entirely new. If you don't think that engine won't have some teething problems you are naive. The first year of this car will show up things that need to change in the second year of production.

Or it could be like the LS2 and LS3, neither of those engines have been as fatally flawed as the LS7....as a former owner of a Z06, I can tell you first hand its a little concerning finding metal pieces (much larger then the normal fuzz) stuck to the magnetic drain plug, I abandoned ship before it was too late.
Couple years later and the valve drop plague has been identified to the heads....at the time I owned it, was still unknown wtf was going on.

JoesC5 05-22-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO (Post 1583960958)
Or it could be like the LS2 and LS3, neither of those engines have been as fatally flawed as the LS7....as a former owner of a Z06, I can tell you first hand its a little concerning finding metal pieces (much larger then the normal fuzz) stuck to the magnetic drain plug, I abandoned ship before it was too late.
Couple years later and the valve drop plague has been identified to the heads....at the time I owned it, was still unknown wtf was going on.

It's more about how GM is treating the problem than the problem itself. The LS7 is a great engine, as well as is the complete car. Not every LS7 has dropped a valve, but GM, IMHO, is not taking care of those that bought a $80,000 car and is out of warranty on a car with maybe 25,000 miles, and maybe has a problem with the potential of destroying a $17,000 engine without any warning. Remember....the owner of the LS7 did not manufacture a car with a possible valve problem...GM did.... but the LS7 owner takes it in the shorts, if he was one of the unlucky guys that bought a car with badly machined heads.

When Ford designed the 2005 GT they designed the suspension control arms, using a "squash cast" manufacturing process, that were cracking in service. They then redesigned the control arms and replaced the control arms in cars that were sold, after telephoning owners of the GT's sold. The questionable a-arms didn't make the car any less a masterpiece. Ford corrected the problem and moved on.

04_Z06_CE 05-22-2013 01:43 PM

I find it funny that some are still offended GM hasent said much about this or they will not fix anyting. Cmon , who are you kidding?
Why would they " take care of you" , when we cant even get a good service department from them? Your expecting way to much from GM .
By the way I hate to be negative on a Chevy site but Ford is leaps and bounds ahead of GM in their cars, service and quality. Its not even close.
The only ones that will disagree with me are the " Brand Loyalists" which there is alot of .

BlueOx 05-22-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE (Post 1583964340)
I find it funny that some are still offended GM hasent said much about this or they will not fix anyting. Cmon , who are you kidding?
Why would they " take care of you" , when we cant even get a good service department from them? Your expecting way to much from GM .
By the way I hate to be negative on a Chevy site but Ford is leaps and bounds ahead of GM in their cars, service and quality. Its not even close.
The only ones that will disagree with me are the " Brand Loyalists" which there is alot of .

Totally disagree and this from a former Ford buyer. I got my belly full of BS from Ford from both a sh*tty quality AND service standpoint.

Frankly, I don't see much difference between Ford and GM in this regard. They all have their issues good and bad.

JoesC5 05-22-2013 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE (Post 1583964340)

Well, how about because the service department is owned and managed by an independent retailer, and the LS7 engine problems are from a different company. GM is a different company from your local dealer. Your local dealer does not warrant your Corvette; GM does. GM pays your local dealer to fix your Corvette if it needs repairs that are covered by GM's warranty within the warranty's time/mileage constraints.

In 1968, I purchased a new 1968 VW with A/C(dealer installed VW option). There were two VW dealers in Little Rock, AR at that time. Shortly after, on a 95* day, the car made a large bang from the rear with a huge white cloud of smoke coming from the rear of the car and the A/C started blowing hot air.
I took the car to the dealer near to my home(not the selling dealer) to get it repaired under warranty. I told them to call me if they thought anything was not going to be covered under warrant as the service advisor was questioning the dealer installed A/C.

Sure enough, a couple of hours later , they called and said the warranty would cover the defective A/C compressor clutch, but not pay or the busted hose, the Freon, or the broken belt. I told them to not do anything more to the car and put the parts they had removed in the front trunk.

I picked up the car, drove it to the selling dealer and asked them if the A/C clutch locked up, would everything required to repair the A/C be covered under my VW factory warranty. They said everything was covered 100%.

I picked the car up the next day, with a fully functioning A/C and didn't have to pay a dime. The dealer I originally took the car to wanted over $100(1968 coins) for the items + labor for the items they said were not covered under warranty.

My problem was with the first dealer's service department, not VW. VW paid the second dealer for all the expenses incurred to repair my A/C under warranty.

With my Z06, my problem is with how GM is handling the valve problem, not with how my local dealer is handling the valve problem. My local dealer can not fix the problem unless GM pays them to do so.

04_Z06_CE 05-22-2013 05:29 PM

You missed my point C5....

If they cant properly run a legit service team , how do you expect them to own up to a huge mistake ?
If they cant put good quality cars on the road , what make you think they will own up to LS7 engine issues.
Yes the service dealer and Gm are completly different but I dont blame those dealers for being the way they are , They just dont know any better, I blame the LACK of GIVING A SHI* from GM , thats made them that way .
By the way there are some good dealers out there just not very many .
Again , if you have to cringe because you have to take car to service , than you know there is a problem . Yes, I cringe anytime I have to take my ride to service. I just thank god its never at all been anything serious.

04_Z06_CE 05-22-2013 05:32 PM

Another great service review from another satisfied GM owner.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ealership.html

The good guys at GM! lol

b4i4getit 05-22-2013 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO (Post 1583960958)

Again I can't stress my point enough. The LT1 has sodium filled exhaust valves like the LS7. Who knows what else looms deep inside the LT1 that could cause problems. Hopefully they designed and tested this engine thoroughly but we thought the same thing with the LS7. The only LS7 rumour we have is that it was a supplier issue with valve guides that caused problems. But guess what. We can also have supplier problems with the LT1 engine as well. Lets see if GM can get the quality standards of their supplier base in line with what they want us to believe.