CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] out with the old in with the new (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/3272655-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new.html)

JUSTAC6 05-16-2013 08:01 PM

wrong place for this...

i guess it was too much for some old people to handle

propain 05-16-2013 08:08 PM

Another "I don't know why I dropped an exhaust valve" in the making. :rofl:

When you say out with the old...... ummmm was this the new or was this what you were getting rid of? :eek:

michaelinmech 05-16-2013 08:12 PM

I'm not a huge movie buff - I didn't realize Jackass 3.6 was out . . . :sleep:

JUSTAC6 05-16-2013 08:23 PM

wow, I see where this is going.... I see we got the old timers who are afraid to go faster than the posted speed limit on tonight.

DON T. 05-16-2013 08:26 PM

What a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does not deserve a car like this. Makes us all look bad.

Run N. Gun 05-16-2013 08:27 PM

I'll bet you're replacing tires...and if you weren't, you will be, soon. :thumbs:

FNBADAZ06 05-16-2013 08:28 PM

Love it !!!!!!!

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/.../1575-Copy.jpg

JUSTAC6 05-16-2013 08:35 PM

are you ****ing serious... why are you acting like its your own POV???

it was a empty parking lot where i had permission to burn off what ever little tire was left. I understand that there are some pretty scary Z06 owners out there who buy the car to put in a garage and never let it see the light of day and thats ****ing stupid.

i dont make you look bad.... you make your self look like bad, im not sure if your looking for an excuse to blame others for your ****** life... if you are you get no sympathy here.

Originally Posted by DON T. (Post 1583918884)
What a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does not deserve a car like this. Makes us all look bad.

and yes these are the oem tires.... they were down to the indicators.

Jawnathin 05-16-2013 08:51 PM

Wow. That was an incredible burnout. Holy cow, look at all that smoke. Surprised police didn't show up. Was there piles of fine rubber behind the car? What was the smoke coming from the front of the car?

Nice job and sweet burnout.

Nick 02 Z06 05-16-2013 09:21 PM

I love smokey burnouts. This didn't bother me a bit until I saw smoke billowing across the street, potentially obscuring the view of oncoming traffic.

Dallasb84 05-17-2013 03:27 AM

Please pm me the YouTube link I'd like to see it.

Jawnathin 05-17-2013 03:36 AM

Put the video back up. It was awesome. If people don't like it, they don't have to watch it.

DON T. 05-17-2013 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTAC6 (Post 1583918939)
are you ****ing serious... why are you acting like its your own POV???

it was a empty parking lot where i had permission to burn off what ever little tire was left. I understand that there are some pretty scary Z06 owners out there who buy the car to put in a garage and never let it see the light of day and thats ****ing stupid.

i dont make you look bad.... you make your self look like bad, im not sure if your looking for an excuse to blame others for your ****** life... if you are you get no sympathy here.

and yes these are the oem tires.... they were down to the indicators.

Not looking for sympathy. When i finally could afford to buy the dream car i allways wanted, i never realized how these cars are perceived by many here on the forum. The Z is called a supercar! I honestly did not think about that before my purchase of my 09 Z. I was like WOW, that puts our cars in a really exclusive club. Cars like Ferraris-lamborghinis and porsche are in this club! And i dont believe i have ever seen anyone of these car owners melting down there tires in a MALL parking lot with people and traffic around. To me it looked like someone beating the hell out a corvette! I guess i have more respect for my car than that and what its suppose to represent. I learned this way of thinking reading this forum!!!!! Thank you for your PM. Its a free country and i will never fight you over that, but i will stand up for the Z06 and the history our cars have brought to the automotive world....

propain 05-17-2013 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by DON T. (Post 1583921761)
Not looking for sympathy. When i finally could afford to buy the dream car i allways wanted, i never realized how these cars are perceived by many here on the forum. The Z is called a supercar! I honestly did not think about that before my purchase of my 09 Z. I was like WOW, that puts our cars in a really exclusive club. Cars like Ferraris-lamborghinis and porsche are in this club! And i dont believe i have ever seen anyone of these car owners melting down there tires in a MALL parking lot with people and traffic around. To me it looked like someone beating the hell out a corvette! I guess i have more respect for my car than that and what its suppose to represent. I learned this way of thinking reading this forum!!!!! Thank you for your PM. Its a free country and i will never fight you over that, but i will stand up for the Z06 and the history our cars have brought to the automotive world....

I agree and don't do burnouts in parking lots. I worked hard for the cars I own and beating on them like that is almost disrespecting that.

On the other hand people with lots of money dont care about material possessions the same way. Not saying this is the case with the OP. He is simply a kid with 50K and probably not his...but take a look at this 300K+ burnout...

LFZ 05-17-2013 09:49 AM

When I was in high school in the late 90s, I had a 70 Chevelle SS396...did a burnout like that in a parking lot and got arrested. Lost my license until I was 18 and my mom had to drive me to school and pick me up the remainder of my junior and rest of my senior year and had to do 160 hours of community service. With that said...I'm all for a nice burnout, but the smoke was a bit much for the traffic I'd say....I'd be pissed if that was me passing through.

z51vett 05-17-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1583922322)
I agree and don't do burnouts in parking lots. I worked hard for the cars I own and beating on them like that is almost disrespecting that.

On the other hand people with lots of money dont care about material possessions the same way. Not saying this is the case with the OP. He is simply a kid with 50K and probably not his...but take a look at this 300K+ burnout...

Lamborghini Aventador Burnout, Donuts, and Slide LP700 - YouTube

Oh yeah thats a brillant place to do a burn out is he nuts. Hit one mommy van and your toast. Vacant parking lot or at track not in a shopping center please.
z51vett
Doug:hide:

JUSTAC6 05-17-2013 12:06 PM

I'm not old by any means at only 25 I've managed to own a nice list of cars with real power... last few being my 93 supra, 09 GT500, 10 base model vette and this Z06. for those who want to treat the Chevy like its a Ford GT or Ferrari then by all means do so... it's definitely not a v6 mustang by any means.

and it is my money... I think 8 years of a service and being an Infantryman for America's Army I've earned my right to treat my car as I please in a privately owned parking lot for which I had permission to burn the tires as I pleased. At the moment I didn't realize how much smoke was in the street and that could of been a potential hazard but as a grown as adult I accept what consequences my actions bring.

and it was a moment to actually have a video of a Z06 none the less actually doing a decent burn out. I thought I got away from the all the girls with their panties in a twist when I left the import scene but I guess they are every where.

LFZ 05-17-2013 12:12 PM

Chill man...its all good. No need to take the interwebs so seriously...:cheers:

DON T. 05-17-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1583923611)
Chill man...its all good. No need to take the interwebs so seriously...:cheers:

There you go defaming Al Gore again:D And young man(op) you have ALL my respect giving eight years of your life serving our nation:flag:

1 BAD BURB 05-17-2013 12:44 PM

Now I wanna see this vid.
What key word shall I type in youtube to find this impressive driving skillz???

I always love a nasty burnout. Who doesn't!!!