CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Attempted break-in (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3269731-attempted-break-in.html)

New Corvette Guy 05-12-2013 07:26 AM

Attempted break-in

Well, some moron decided to try and break in the drivers side door of the Vette. They pushed the rubber piece back just below the window and damaged that and left a dent in the top of the door. They DID NOT gain access. Being fixed on Monday.

Our complex is suppose to be gated and they have not fixed the gate in over a year. Time to sick the lawyer on them now. The reason we moved here is because it is suppose to be a gated community.

It's amazing how people who can't have, what you have will try and take it by any means possible.

wayback 05-12-2013 07:45 AM

What did they dent? Our cars cant dent.
Did they chip or brake a piece off?

Anyway glad they did not smash a window and destroy the interior trying to start it.:ack:

pewter99 05-12-2013 07:51 AM

sorry to hear of the damage....gated community does not mean secure...good luck on the repairs

New Corvette Guy 05-12-2013 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by wayback (Post 1583878263)
What did they dent? Our cars cant dent.
Did they chip or brake a piece off?

Anyway glad they did not smash a window and destroy the interior trying to start it.:ack:

They were trying to pry the black rubber piece back by the window and creased the top part of the door. Couple scratches and messed up the rubber piece. They gave up I guess.

New Corvette Guy 05-12-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1583878288)
sorry to hear of the damage....gated community does not mean secure...good luck on the repairs

I know, but it could have helped. It's what we are paying for and it would be nice if it worked.

pewter99 05-12-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by New Corvette Guy (Post 1583878306)
I know, but it could have helped. It's what we are paying for and it would be nice if it worked.

I hear ya...many times its a kid who lives in the community.

dvilin 05-12-2013 08:17 AM

:iagree:

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1583878288)

MikeyTX 05-12-2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1583878315)
I hear ya...many times its a kid who lives in the community.

This ................... Ironically gated complexes seem to have become breeding grounds for vehicle theft. Way too many leaving cell phones, iPads, etc in plain sight. Add to that kids giving out the gate pin # to their friends. :ack:

z51vett 05-12-2013 08:32 AM

From what you are writing about I would say kids professional's don't make a mess of things. Hope you get it repaired to your satisfaction.
z51vett
Doug

42Chevy 05-12-2013 08:52 AM

I hope your repairs go well.

JKbride 05-12-2013 09:02 AM

Sorry to hear that, like many on here it makes us mad to hear such stories.

Other people want to be where you are, they are just not willing to go where you have been to get there.

Ugh! :pistols:

VERTBLK 05-12-2013 09:07 AM

Duluth, Georgia is a high crime area (just kidding). Hope you get the car and the gate fixed.

Mad*Max 05-12-2013 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by New Corvette Guy (Post 1583878302)
They were trying to pry the black rubber piece back by the window and creased the top part of the door. Couple scratches and messed up the rubber piece. They gave up I guess.

amateurs?

truckplay 05-12-2013 10:17 AM

i know some will LOSE YOUR MINDS

I have NEVER locked my car. If you want my cd's and sunglasses you can have them :toetap: just don't damage the car. This was the hardest thing for my girlfriend to understand when I bought her Vert. I told her that if someone cuts the top or breaks the glass because they could not get in, SHE would have to answer for it.

m kraz 05-12-2013 10:39 AM

man that sucks you got to get a car cover on the vette
and lock it

RadarP3C 05-12-2013 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by truckplay (Post 1583879116)
I have NEVER locked my car. If you want my cd's and sunglasses you can have them :toetap: just don't damage the car. This was the hardest thing for my girlfriend to understand when I bought her Vert. I told her that if someone cuts the top or breaks the glass because they could not get in, SHE would have to answer for it.

For a newer Corvette, I think your reasoning is a little flawed because I don't think most could figure out how to open your unlocked door anyway. Once they try it and fail, out comes the tools to break and damage the car to get in.

Ferocious C6 05-12-2013 11:07 AM

Ignorance is bliss. Gated community is as secure as one with no gate. All you have to do is wait outside the gate for someone to open it first.

pewter99 05-12-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by truckplay (Post 1583879116)

yeah you know how many unlocked vehicle "burglaries" I have worked where the dumbass thief screws up the car anyway....:lol: you give these people way to much credit :ack:

flange 05-12-2013 11:31 AM

Much like gun laws only effect honest gun owners, gates only keep honest people out. crooks know how to jump gates when they want to get in. usually a gate provides more incentive to them, as they figure out there is more to have inside the land surrounded by the gate than outside.

My DSOM 05-12-2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1583879548)
yeah you know how many unlocked vehicle "burglaries" I have worked where the dumbass thief screws up the car anyway....:lol: you give these people way to much credit :ack:

:iagree:

:flag: