CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Car show question (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3269072-car-show-question.html)

LMB-Z 05-10-2013 08:48 PM

Car show question

Putting my car in a car show tomorrow. I have 3 plaques that I have won. 2 are 1st place and 1 is 2nd place. Should I take the plaques and display them or leave them at home? Never had this problem before...lol. I really would like to do good at this show. I have spent the last 2 days detailing the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yellow C-6 05-10-2013 08:51 PM

I have a garage full of them, never have taken any to a show. I have seen lots of folks that do.

Derwin :cheers:

BWF07 05-10-2013 08:57 PM

All that is, is added display. Most car shows will be judged on overall cleanliness and attention to detail. That is of course it is a judge show and a participant judged show because those are normally popularity shows.

FloydSummerOf68 05-10-2013 08:59 PM

Normally the cars that I see win have the most ******** displayed. Stupid cars spinning under the hood. Models next to their car. Plaques all over the place. Giant boards listing the bone-stock options and hp/tq.

It gets ridiculous.

MikeIz 82VETTE 05-10-2013 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1583868779)
Normally the cars that I see win have the most ******** displayed. Stupid cars spinning under the hood. Models next to their car. Plaques all over the place. Giant boards listing the bone-stock options and hp/tq.

It gets ridiculous.

So true!

atomicgoofball 05-10-2013 09:10 PM

as a veteran in the car show, don't bring your other plaques and trophies. Really doesn't do you any good. The judges will look at your car inside out, and check for cleanliness, and won't even glance at your trophies/plaques.

that being said, clean EVERYTHING! wheel wells, wheel barrels, inside the exhaust tips. Some judges will rub their finger in the most unlikely places and if it's dirty, you lose pts.

Be there when the judges come examine your car, and talk to them about what you did, and what mods you have. You should be able to tell them more about the car esp if you have mods you cant see with your eyes (cams etc)

GASCAR 05-10-2013 09:15 PM

Good luck at the show:cheers:

LMB-Z 05-10-2013 09:57 PM

Thanks for the replies.

jpee 05-10-2013 09:58 PM

Odd.. how different people have different values.... (neither is bad, just different) I have entered only "ONE" car chow in my life.. it was a Englishtown and there was a Corvette race class, & a person could enter the "Show & Go" class (those who were racing) supposedly the judges didn't take off points if you had rubber in your wheelwells...

Well my 1996 was a RACE car, and I raced to win doing my normal burnouts, however there was another C4 who drove up to the starting line, WENT AROUND the water box, & slowly pulled up to the line..

On GREEN he just drove it slowly down the track (40 - 45 mph) and right back to his pit spot..

Of course he beat me in the show part, & that was my FIRST & LAST CAR SHOW !:toetap:

Now I only race in $$ races, and in the rare exceptions where the track gives out a trophy to winner & runner up, I ALWAYS look for a 8 - 10 yr old kid, & give them my trophy if they want it.. (most are elated)

Sorta makes up for the son I lost in a MV accident back in 1996... I now really have no use for trophys.... I say SHOW ME THE $$$ !! :D

Jimmy52 05-10-2013 10:18 PM

Trophy's are like the egos that go with them, Leave them at home where they belong. just my $.02 :D good luck!

michaelinmech 05-10-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by LMB-Z (Post 1583869291)
Thanks for the replies.

Good Luck - Carry the Corvette banner well for us all :thumbs:

GentlemanVette 05-10-2013 10:51 PM

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

KC-Vette 05-11-2013 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by atomicgoofball (Post 1583868873)
as a veteran in the car show, don't bring your other plaques and trophies. Really doesn't do you any good. The judges will look at your car inside out, and check for cleanliness, and won't even glance at your trophies/plaques.

that being said, clean EVERYTHING! wheel wells, wheel barrels, inside the exhaust tips. Some judges will rub their finger in the most unlikely places and if it's dirty, you lose pts.

Be there when the judges come examine your car, and talk to them about what you did, and what mods you have. You should be able to tell them more about the car esp if you have mods you cant see with your eyes (cams etc)

:iagree:...and clean everything again...:yesnod:

Don-Vette 05-11-2013 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1583868779)

It gets ridiculous.

I see it around here all the time!!! those spinning cars really crack me up! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Boba Fett 05-11-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by jpee (Post 1583869307)
Odd.. how different people have different values.... (neither is bad, just different) I have entered only "ONE" car chow in my life.. it was a Englishtown and there was a Corvette race class, & a person could enter the "Show & Go" class (those who were racing) supposedly the judges didn't take off points if you had rubber in your wheelwells...

Well my 1996 was a RACE car, and I raced to win doing my normal burnouts, however there was another C4 who drove up to the starting line, WENT AROUND the water box, & slowly pulled up to the line..

On GREEN he just drove it slowly down the track (40 - 45 mph) and right back to his pit spot..

Of course he beat me in the show part, & that was my FIRST & LAST CAR SHOW !:toetap:

Now I only race in $$ races, and in the rare exceptions where the track gives out a trophy to winner & runner up, I ALWAYS look for a 8 - 10 yr old kid, & give them my trophy if they want it.. (most are elated)

Sorta makes up for the son I lost in a MV accident back in 1996... I now really have no use for trophys.... I say SHOW ME THE $$$ !! :D

wtf does any of this have to do with the thread topic....

dvilin 05-11-2013 08:48 AM

I would display them, why not show the people and the Judges your past accomplishments..

su8pack1 05-11-2013 08:55 AM

Look at me, look at me. :willy: Leave them home.

CMY SIX 05-11-2013 09:02 AM

I'd lean them against the car right where the Z51 badges are

LFZ 05-11-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 1583871033)
wtf does any of this have to do with the thread topic....

Omg! LOL!!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing.

Jimmy Z 05-11-2013 09:12 AM

Just enjoy the show..........if you are always expecting to win, what if you don't!