CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Finished up the interior... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3267375-finished-up-the-interior.html)

sct1984 06-08-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by PHILLIP YOUNG (Post 1584105425)
If I'm not out of line, what was the investment?

:thumbs: I dream about my interior looking like this every time I get into my car. I don't want to know what it costs, just to keep the dream alive!

FF273 06-08-2013 08:02 PM

Very nice work.

JT Metal 06-08-2013 08:26 PM

What could I possibly say that hasn't already been said......well thought out and perfect planning.

truly a homerun!

Pinky... 06-08-2013 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by sct1984 (Post 1584105508)
:thumbs: I dream about my interior looking like this every time I get into my car. I don't want to know what it costs, just to keep the dream alive!

I'm with him. I'd like to do something like this in the distant future and I'd be interested to see some of the costs, if you wouldn't mind.

ProfessorDeath 06-08-2013 11:15 PM

Looks great. I'd feel like driving more often just so I wouldn't feel guilty about all that work/cash and hardly spending any time in it.

debo 06-08-2013 11:21 PM

Great job on interior!

hongkongstewy 06-08-2013 11:26 PM

Wow, very nice!:rock:

keith954 06-09-2013 10:28 AM

That looks awesome. The only thing you need to top it off is to get the leather airbag cover for the steering wheel. My eyes are instantly drawn to the plastic one you have on there since everything else looks so nice.
http://www.apsisusa.com/leather%20wr...0on%20line.htm

vet55 06-14-2013 11:53 PM

Can you change out the door pulls
without taking off the door panels?
Thx!

GordyRay 06-15-2013 02:11 AM

Kick Ass interior!!! Very nice!!!

Great looking interior. The seats rock!!! Very nice.
I was going to do that with my Z but decided to get the 427 instead.
I am not happy with my seats in the 427, they suck. I sat in the C7 with both seats and they are much improved. I like the seats in my Z better than the seats in my new 427. Your seats are the best. Great work dude.
Fuze,
:salute:
:thumbs:

haberman13 06-15-2013 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by vet55 (Post 1584160469)
Thx!

Taking the door panels off is unbelieablly easy :)

Just unscrew the two bolts and use a plastic pry to remove them (or a screw driver + cloth wedge)

IIRC you have to remove the panels to remove the pulls.

blkvet6 06-15-2013 03:25 AM

wow, seriously - that IS nice! I was expecting "overdone"... but not at all - extremely tasteful. Congrats.

Jawnathin 06-17-2013 04:36 PM

Wow, I forgot about this thread after it didn't get a reply for a few days, I thought it dropped off.

Originally Posted by speedy77 (Post 1584102505)
Looks sweet!!
Gotta do the air bag cover!!

Thanks! I'm considering it, but not so sure yet. They do look sweet!

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1584102563)
Bro,that looks nicer then anything the factory puts out-4LT included.How much are those seats?

Thank you. The seats aren't cheap, but it depends on how you option it out. Stitching, fabric, CF, etc.

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford (Post 1584102674)
WOW that looks great. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:cheers:

Originally Posted by Joni Lynn (Post 1584102676)
That looks outstanding. Congrats.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by DonOH (Post 1584102807)
That is really nice!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by MachineSilver05C6 (Post 1584102814)
:iagree:

Jawnathin 06-17-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pinky... (Post 1584103060)
And they say Corvettes can't rival Porsche's interiors. :thumbs:

Thank you! I've been in some 996 and 997 generation 911s and I honestly don't get what the fuss is all about. They weren't bad, but I didn't think they were very nice either. The Panemera and 991 911s are quite nice, but they're all 7+ years newer than the C6.

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE (Post 1584103110)
:iagree:

Thanks!

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1584103113)
Not stock ones..

The new 991 911 is a big leap forward, but compared to the 997 models, I feel that the 4LT is pretty competitive except for the seats and navigation unit.

Originally Posted by Sunset Orng 05 (Post 1584104017)
:iagree::cheers:

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jimmy C-6 (Post 1584104042)
Very nice and tasteful!

How much do you think you have invested in the interior. Some thing similar is my next project.

Thank you. The cost of the seats will vary depending on how you option it out and I did get them at a slight discount (limited offer). The rest of the interior was similar to what it would cost to upgrade from a 3LT to a 4LZ from the factory. I just had to do the labor :lol:

Originally Posted by PHILLIP YOUNG (Post 1584105425)
Well done. Great choices.
One of the best interior upgrades I have seen.
Were the seats relatively easy to swap?
If I'm not out of line, what was the investment?

Thank you. The seats are very easy to swap. It is plug and play. Having a friend help load them into the car makes things easier, but it can be done on your own. The hardest part was getting the seats of the boxes, there was a ton of foam! :lol: This what was left in the box by the time I was able to pull it out. What you don't see is the rest of the foam I loaded up into plastic bags and containers.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...18878465_n.jpg

Originally Posted by sct1984 (Post 1584105508)

Keep the dream alive my friend! I said the same thing a while back. I just did it a few components at a time over the period of about two years and next thing you know, it was done!

JABLS7 06-17-2013 04:51 PM

I Want Your Seats!!! Beautiful car man!

Jawnathin 06-17-2013 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by FF273 (Post 1584108463)
Very nice work.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by JT Metal (Post 1584108610)
What could I possibly say that hasn't already been said......well thought out and perfect planning.

truly a homerun!

Thanks JT! I'll take a home run any day of the week :D

Originally Posted by Pinky... (Post 1584109756)
I'm with him. I'd like to do something like this in the distant future and I'd be interested to see some of the costs, if you wouldn't mind.

Gosh, lots of interest about the cost. I guess I can't beat around the bush too much longer. I'm sure this is obvious, but it wasn't cheap!

All in, it was around $10-11k with the seats being around half of that. I just did a few upgrades at a time over the past two years and finally put down the cash needed for the seats. Helped spread out the cost and kept me busy with projects for a while.

If you already have a 3ZR/4LT/3LZ, then the costs go down a bit as you won't need to swap out the dash and door panels. You would only really need to worry about the seats or steering wheel at that point.

If you're coming from a 1ZR/<3LT/<2LZ, then it is only a matter of how much stuff you want to swap out. I went all the way and did the whole dash and door panels. It is basically a complete 4LT conversion. Similar cost from the factory, I just had to do all the work.

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1584109850)
Looks great. I'd feel like driving more often just so I wouldn't feel guilty about all that work/cash and hardly spending any time in it.

Thanks!

:lol: It is a 2nd car for me, but I try at least twice a week.

Originally Posted by debo (Post 1584109880)
Great job on interior!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by hongkongstewy (Post 1584109904)
Wow, very nice!:rock:

Originally Posted by keith954 (Post 1584111866)
That looks awesome. The only thing you need to top it off is to get the leather airbag cover for the steering wheel. My eyes are instantly drawn to the plastic one you have on there since everything else looks so nice.
http://www.apsisusa.com/leather%20wr...0on%20line.htm

Thanks. Something I'm considering but not quite sold on yet. They sure do look nice though!

Originally Posted by vet55 (Post 1584160469)
Thx!

My door panels came with the door pulls already installed, but I believe there are a few how-tos if you need to do them. I think DS Vettes had a guide. I do believe you need to pull off the door panel, but it is really easy. It is the rest of the work that is more difficult.

Originally Posted by GordyRay (Post 1584160888)
Great looking interior. The seats rock!!! Very nice.
I was going to do that with my Z but decided to get the 427 instead.
I am not happy with my seats in the 427, they suck. I sat in the C7 with both seats and they are much improved. I like the seats in my Z better than the seats in my new 427. Your seats are the best. Great work dude.
Fuze,
:salute:
:thumbs:

Thank you! I can't disagree with you. If I had to pick between seats and a new 427... I probably would have created a thread about my new 427 instead :lol:

If you aren't happy with the seats, Caravaggio is only a quick PM away :)

Congrats on your new ride!

Originally Posted by haberman13 (Post 1584160989)
Taking the door panels off is unbelieablly easy :)

Just unscrew the two bolts and use a plastic pry to remove them (or a screw driver + cloth wedge)

IIRC you have to remove the panels to remove the pulls.

:iagree: Door panels are very easy to pull. Just sounds really bad when you hear all those plastic clips pop out of the door panel.

I got an interior door panel set with 5 different tools at Harbor Freight for like 5 bucks. Made popping the panels off easy, though a screw driver with a towel to prevent scratches also works.

Originally Posted by blkvet6 (Post 1584161023)
wow, seriously - that IS nice! I was expecting "overdone"... but not at all - extremely tasteful. Congrats.

Thanks! I understand some folks like over the top or loud and extravagant, nothing wrong with that. That is the beauty of the aftermarket, so many options to choose from.

My personal tastes often align with 'less is more' and used that when figuring out how I wanted it to look.

Thanks again.

Jawnathin 06-17-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by JABLS7 (Post 1584179628)
I Want Your Seats!!! Beautiful car man!

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Jimmy C-6 06-17-2013 05:32 PM

Again just beautiful. Certainly a goal for many of us. I just had to re-read the whole thread.

Telepierre 06-17-2013 05:49 PM

Truly classy. Well Done. Inspired me to do the "2012+ dash tweeters" thing. I'll look around on CF on how to do it but since I already have a 4LT I hope it is just about drilling holes and plugging? I hope...

Jawnathin 06-18-2013 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy C-6 (Post 1584180006)
Again just beautiful. Certainly a goal for many of us. I just had to re-read the whole thread.

Thank again for taking the time to read and reply! I really appreciate it! :cheers:

Originally Posted by Telepierre (Post 1584180183)
Truly classy. Well Done. Inspired me to do the "2012+ dash tweeters" thing. I'll look around on CF on how to do it but since I already have a 4LT I hope it is just about drilling holes and plugging? I hope...

Thank you. If my dash didn't already come with the holes, I wouldn't have gone out of the way to make it happen. Doing the wiring for the speakers added about 3~ hours to the project. I could have just plugged them with the speakers and not do the wiring, but I have a problem with things that don't work.

Also, I'm not sure how you'd drill it out with the dash still in. The windshield would certainly get in the way.

But anyway, here is my thread I made when I was trying to figure it out. You may find it helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...older-car.html

This is what the hole looked like.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33954849_o.jpg