CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Finished up the interior... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3267375-finished-up-the-interior.html)

phileaglesfan 05-09-2013 08:56 PM

Looks fantastic!

dovervold 05-09-2013 09:43 PM

Damn, that looks good! My vote: best Z interior, ever! I've done a full make over on my 07', but can't compete with this:cheers:

kotik 05-10-2013 04:40 AM

do butt warmers work with those seats? can you pm me the price you got the seats for?

Jawnathin 05-10-2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 427500 (Post 1583857401)
That looks fantastic!! Not over done, just right, Great job!!:thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you! :thumbs:

Originally Posted by Bedouin (Post 1583859451)
Jawnathin, the tape to remove the airbag stickers was just a small, cheapo roll of hardware store black vinyl tape...you'll see it in the tape section..@ 1.5" wide x 2" dia.

The tape glue is petroleum based or something, & after a few days it soaked into the decals & they literally peeled right off...I was both surprised & stoked. There was a tiny fingernail sized corner area of the decal (where I didn't apply the tape hard enough) that left some substrate, but a quick dab of Goo-Gone (or kerosene) took that off without a trace.

That is very helpful. Thanks Bedouin. But now I won't be able to refer to the sticker in case I need to be reminded that the back seat is the best place to put my non-existent child's car seat. :lol:

Originally Posted by brooklync5 (Post 1583859740)
Absolutely gorgeous.. Very classy... Perfection!!

:cheers: Thank you!

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan (Post 1583859830)
Looks fantastic!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by dovervold (Post 1583860249)
Damn, that looks good! My vote: best Z interior, ever! I've done a full make over on my 07', but can't compete with this:cheers:

Thanks so much, really appreciate the kind compliment and feedback. :cheers:

Got a link or some pictures for your interior? I love seeing other people's cars and getting ideas from them. It is amazing how well the interior dresses up with a few key upgrades.

Originally Posted by kotik (Post 1583861961)
do butt warmers work with those seats? can you pm me the price you got the seats for?

Yup, heated seats and memory controls all work. Passenger seat is still manual, which is how my car came anyway. The only thing missing will be the side airbags built into the seat. Depending on your options the seat prices will vary, but you can get an idea by looking at John's Catalog.

FloydSummerOf68 05-10-2013 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Drumhawk (Post 1583843407)
Interior looks better than brand new from the factory, nice upgrade. :cool:

I kid you not I literally laughed out loud. This interior cannot even begin to be compared with what comes from the factory.

AMAZING job on the interior. Without a doubt one of the cleanest interiors that I've seen. There have been some spectacular ones posted and yours is right there with them.

Those seats definitely must've hurt the wallet, but it all came together great.

Did you get the dash/door panels new? Or find them on a used car? This is something I'd like to consider starting to do. I've got the motor making tons of power, rebuilt the tranny, and have done all of the exterior mods I want to do. Now the interior is the sore spot on this ol' rig. Time to upgrade and you WILL be my inspiration, although I'll be going with different seats as I don't feel the carvaggio's are quite worth what they're asking, but that's just a matter of opinion. If I did go with carvaggio I'd just go with the leather race seats. Don't need all the frills of the daytona.

Executed to perfection :thumbs:

CMCvette 05-10-2013 10:16 PM

That is gorgeous!

GONTOPLESS 05-10-2013 10:45 PM

Very nice job,look's fantastic

Jawnathin 05-13-2013 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 (Post 1583868938)
I kid you not I literally laughed out loud. This interior cannot even begin to be compared with what comes from the factory.

AMAZING job on the interior. Without a doubt one of the cleanest interiors that I've seen. There have been some spectacular ones posted and yours is right there with them.

Those seats definitely must've hurt the wallet, but it all came together great.

Did you get the dash/door panels new? Or find them on a used car? This is something I'd like to consider starting to do. I've got the motor making tons of power, rebuilt the tranny, and have done all of the exterior mods I want to do. Now the interior is the sore spot on this ol' rig. Time to upgrade and you WILL be my inspiration, although I'll be going with different seats as I don't feel the carvaggio's are quite worth what they're asking, but that's just a matter of opinion. If I did go with carvaggio I'd just go with the leather race seats. Don't need all the frills of the daytona.

Executed to perfection :thumbs:

Thank you so much for the kind words and generous compliment, it is really appreciated.

Yes, the seats were not cheap, but since I plan on keeping the car a very long time, I've decided to buy the components I really wanted instead of wishing I had done it years down the line. That was the whole basis for the rest of the interior swap as well.

I bought the dash and door panels new from a few of the forums vendors. The components I wanted were relatively new and in limited number of cars (2012 CE only), and I doubt many folks would have taken these parts out. There may be some out there though or other 3LZ options available in other cars/years with greater availability though. I did this all now instead of later as I was worried about parts availability given its the end of the C6.

It sounds like you're doing it in similar phases like I am. I've finished the motor/drivetrain, just wrapped up the interior, and will begin the exterior phase shortly. If you have any questions about anything I've done to the interior or the swap itself, feel free to reach out.

Thanks again! :cheers:

Originally Posted by CMCvette (Post 1583869487)
That is gorgeous!

Thank you! :thumbs:

Originally Posted by GONTOPLESS (Post 1583869734)
Very nice job,look's fantastic

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

speedy77 06-07-2013 10:12 PM

Looks sweet!!
Gotta do the air bag cover!!

not08crmanymore 06-07-2013 10:19 PM

Bro,that looks nicer then anything the factory puts out-4LT included.How much are those seats?

Jeff-Ford 06-07-2013 10:34 PM

WOW that looks great. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Joni Lynn 06-07-2013 10:34 PM

That looks outstanding. Congrats.

DonOH 06-07-2013 10:55 PM

That is really nice!

MachineSilver05C6 06-07-2013 10:56 PM

:iagree:

Originally Posted by 1 slow 97 (Post 1583844375)
Wow, by far the best and most tasteful c6 interior I have ever seen:thumbs:

Pinky... 06-07-2013 11:34 PM

And they say Corvettes can't rival Porsche's interiors. :thumbs:

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 06-07-2013 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by SSWEET (Post 1583843970)
excellent......:yesnod:

:iagree:

not08crmanymore 06-07-2013 11:42 PM

And they say Corvettes can't rival Porsche's interiors]
Not stock ones..

Sunset Orng 05 06-08-2013 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by LSD 2005 (Post 1583844541)
:iagree:Very nicely done :thumbs:

:iagree::cheers:

Jimmy C-6 06-08-2013 07:33 AM

Very nice and tasteful!

How much do you think you have invested in the interior. Some thing similar is my next project.

PHILLIP YOUNG 06-08-2013 11:37 AM

Well done. Great choices.
One of the best interior upgrades I have seen.
Were the seats relatively easy to swap?
If I'm not out of line, what was the investment?