CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   >>>C5 Corvette Car Of The Month Vote Here<<< (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3265877-c5-corvette-car-of-the-month-vote-here.html)

ZFLASH 05-11-2013 11:52 PM

Congrats, L8R ZFLASH

VETJAZZ 05-12-2013 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill (Post 1583876543)
Congratulations to YELLO1.
Now what I find hard to believe is that out of all the members on the forum there was only 77 votes casted, That is a shame...
Mr.Bill

Almost 900 viewed the thread, but only 77 voted. ?? :toetap:

Suthunman 05-12-2013 12:46 AM

Congrats Yello1!

Congrats to the others as well for having your car chosen to be in the running. I know I would be honored to have my car chosen to be in the top 4.

Vetteman Jack 05-12-2013 07:06 AM

Congrats Irv. And well deserved - your car is beautiful.

3318C5 05-12-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06 (Post 1583876418)
Congratulations to YELLO1, C5 COTM! :thumbs:

Well deserved, congrats!!!

Just like Mr. Bill stated I wish more folks would have voted. Even if the cars selected where not "your thing", there must be one that you like the BEST of the one's selected....no?

calvins 05-12-2013 09:02 AM

Well, I'll probably get slammed for this but I'll just throw this out there for... well... for whatever.

I think there are at least two issues for the lack of participation.

1) As the map thread proves out, there are a LOT of people who are members here but just lurk and don't participate, period. Look at the handles on the list view of the map. How many are regular participating members? Not a whole h*77 of a lot. I'm not even going to attempt to rationalize that one.... ;)

2) It could be perceived that people who don't have/or want to put out the piles of money it takes to totally mod out a car with expensive add ons/changes might as well save their time and effort. "It's only for the rich guys who totally mod out their cars"

I'm not bad mouthing ANYONE or saying this is right, that is wrong, etc... Just throwing it out for more of a discussion starter than anything. I'll take the heat...
:hide:

PHIL MEMPHIS 05-12-2013 09:35 AM

Congrats to Irv! I just discovered this thread as I'm sure many others haven't discovered yet.

Keep trying and I'm sure the votes will increase when everyone finds out about this.

sfc rick 05-12-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by calvins (Post 1583878665)
Well, I'll probably get slammed for this but I'll just throw this out there for... well... for whatever.

1) As the map thread proves out, there are a LOT of people who are members here but just lurk and don't participate, period. Look at the handles on the list view of the map. How many are regular participating members? Not a whole h*77 of a lot. I'm not even going to attempt to rationalize that one.... ;)

2) It could be perceived that people who don't have/or want to put out the piles of money it takes to totally mod out a car with expensive add ons/changes might as well save their time and effort. "It's only for the rich guys who totally mod out their cars"

I'm not bad mouthing ANYONE or saying this is right, that is wrong, etc... Just throwing it out for more of a discussion starter than anything. I'll take the heat...

It's not the rich guys.....guys like me who are retired and on a limited income and only can do these mods myself cause I can't afford to pay someone else to do it. All my work is done by me basically learning as I go. It's just a hobby and something to play with. :leaving:

KC-Vette 05-12-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack (Post 1583878136)
Congrats Irv. And well deserved - your car is beautiful.

:iagree:...for those that have not seen his car in person...it's over-the-top beautiful, and very well thought out...plus super, super clean too..:thumbs:

Mr. Jean 05-12-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Suthunman (Post 1583877481)
Congrats Yello1!

Congrats to the others as well for having your car chosen to be in the running. I know I would be honored to have my car chosen to be in the top 4.

:iagree: Congrats.

calvins 05-12-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by sfc rick (Post 1583878897)
It's not the rich guys.....guys like me who are retired and on a limited income and only can do these mods myself cause I can't afford to pay someone else to do it. All my work is done by me basically learning as I go. It's just a hobby and something to play with. :leaving:

Yeah, I know rick, I was just playing the bad guy trying to get people to open up.... didn't work. :(

calvins 05-12-2013 02:21 PM

Oh, and congrats YELLO1!

TEC6 05-12-2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill (Post 1583876543)
Congratulations to YELLO1.
Now what I find hard to believe is that out of all the members on the forum there was only 77 votes casted, That is a shame...
Mr.Bill

:iagree:

Congrats Irv!! Awesome cars....

It doesn't help that it was marked as a sticky. Not many members really pay attention to the post up there....

Maxx_Z06 05-12-2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ (Post 1583877396)
Almost 900 viewed the thread, but only 77 voted. ?? :toetap:

I totally agree, :toetap:

Originally Posted by calvins (Post 1583878665)

I follow what you're saying about there being many members on here and little participation on "new ideas". I actually wonder why is that as well. I hope at least with this COTM being a montly idea, it will gain some popularity. When things are new not everybody likes to take them in, i hope some people change their minds. We'll see.

YELLO1 05-12-2013 08:57 PM

WOW Guys!!!!
Sorry for being so late to respond but have been celebrating Mothers Day with my Wife, my Mom and my Kids.:D
Thank You Very Much to everyone for your support and your nice comments, they are very much appreciated!!!:thumbs:
I am so Humbled and Honored!!!!:thumbs:
What an Honor to be in the same company with Mr. Bill, sfc ricK and ZFLASH.:thumbs:
You Guys have AMAZING cars and in my eyes are Winners too!!!
I hope that one of the best things to come out this is that I have gained 3 new friends.:thumbs::cheers:
I think that on any given Day that we are all WINNERS no matter what or how many votes or numbers you receive.
In fact, I would be HONORED if Maxx could find a way for Mr. Bill, sfc rick and ZFLASH to join me as WINNERS!!!:thumbs:

:cheers:

Irv (YELLO1)

Maxx_Z06 05-12-2013 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by YELLO1 (Post 1583883516)
WOW Guys!!!!
Sorry for being so late to respond but have been celebrating Mothers Day with my Wife, my Mom and my Kids.:D
Thank You Very Much to everyone for your support and your nice comments, they are very much appreciated!!!:thumbs:
I am so Humbled and Honored!!!!:thumbs:
What an Honor to be in the same company with Mr. Bill, sfc ricK and ZFLASH.:thumbs:
You Guys have AMAZING cars and in my eyes are Winners too!!!
I hope that one of the best things to come out this is that I have gained 3 new friends.:thumbs::cheers:
I think that on any given Day that we are all WINNERS no matter what or how many votes or numbers you receive.
In fact, I would be HONORED if Maxx could find a way for Mr. Bill, sfc rick and ZFLASH to join me as WINNERS!!!:thumbs:

:cheers:

Irv (YELLO1)

I think we are all winners by owning such beautiful cars.:cheers: Again, congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated. I like your new plaque under your name :thumbs:

redrckt97 05-13-2013 10:37 PM

Major congrats IRV ! -- I've not been on C5 and missed the vote -- but not surprised you won...car is looking Great

Gary

2 GRUMPY 05-14-2013 12:39 AM

Congrats Irv ! Maybe I'll be able to see you in Paducah in September .In my eyes all the entrants are Winners !