CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/ (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3263024-dang-my-exwife-sawc5my-torch-red-vert-and-now-shes-taking-me-2court-for-cs-increase.html)

PeterB 04-30-2013 04:23 PM

Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Anybody else have that happen to them? I mean my overall income is down. Pre nup covered my premarital investments, other toys so its good there and not that I flaunted it... My 8yr old son Nicholas PeterB was so excited when I told him it was his, he raved to her "Daddy bought me a Red Corvette".. Couple weeks later I get a summons for Child Support increase?? As if it was a new Lamborghini! Its a $20K financed, 12 year old car for goodness sakes with 35K miles??

Never again. Nuts! I tell you they're all nuts!!

What happened to you. Help me feel better please. Thank you.

:flag:

RetiredSFC 97 04-30-2013 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by PeterB. (Post 1583778485)
Anybody else have that happen to them? I mean my overall income is down. Pre nup covered my premarital investments, other toys so its good there and not that I flaunted it... My 8yr old son Nicholas PeterB was so excited when I told him it was his, he raved to her "Daddy bought me a Red Corvette".. Couple weeks later I get a summons for Child Support increase?? As if it was a new Lamborghini! Its a $20K financed, 12 year old car for goodness sakes with 35K miles??

Never again. Nuts! I tell you they're all nuts!!

What happened to you. Help me feel better please. Thank you.

I'll never understand why women think they have to have every right of a man, and still try to take what belongs to us when it has nothing to do with them, in cases like this.

Hopefully when they realize it's a 12 year old financed car they will get some sense about themselves. But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.

Women and lawyers.

Laser Guided 04-30-2013 04:44 PM

Not gonna lie, I actually got a little irritated just reading that, and I've never even been in a similar scenario. You should pay less for her wasting your time, since time is money...

MSG C5 04-30-2013 04:44 PM

Produce the paperwork confirming the cost of the car and its age. The actual model should have nothing to do with it. It's a used car! Would she be acting this way if it was a Honda Accord?!

A friend of mine had some crazy high CS payments each month and there is no way in any alternative or parallel universe that she was spending all the $$$ on their children.

:toetap:

oh1vette 04-30-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1583778618)
I'll never understand why women think they have to have every right of a man, and still try to take what belongs to us when it has nothing to do with them, in cases like this.

Hopefully when they realize it's a 12 year old financed car they will get some sense about themselves. But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.

Women and lawyers.

Ain't that the truth...

And they'll probably want you to pay her court fees too:crazy2:

In my experience the man is always the loser in these things...maybe you have a chance since this is all numbers, but I hope the vette is your daily driver, if its a toy....bend over!

CQRT 04-30-2013 04:46 PM

OK . . I'll go for it since nobody else has . .

Pic of Ex-wife ?? :D

Loby 1 04-30-2013 04:56 PM

I wonder what Tony Soprano would do?

Bimmervet 04-30-2013 05:01 PM

Pete, the same thing happened to me. I droped my son off at his mothers in the used Corvette I just bought and she came running out of the house yelling at me how could I afford to buy a Corvette. I told her it was used (12 years old at the time.) And reminded her that I always owned Corvettes before we were married and you said when the time came I could buy another one. Well the time came, and I said this is what I wanted and it is used she tried to take me back to court but it didn't work. I can still picture her running out of the house yelling at me.:willy:
This was in 1991.
If you are making less money petition the court to lower your child support payments. If your wife is living with or has men over night and is not married that is illegal in Illinois to co habitate with another man in the presence of your child. My ex was going to move in with her boyfriend and I told her if you do I will take you back to court and demand full custody not joint. She waited untill she married him.
I feel you pain!

RetiredSFC 97 04-30-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by oh1vette (Post 1583778667)
Ain't that the truth...

In my experience the man is always the loser in these things...maybe you have a chance since this is all numbers, but I hope the vette is your daily driver, if its a toy....bend over!

Most likely.

I recall my ex in a meeting saying she wanted part of my retirement.

I said fine, and how much of yours do I get? Well none, then her lawyer told her, he can have the same percent of yours as you get from him.

Problem solved. I kept the whole thing.:thumbs:

Johnz02Z06 04-30-2013 05:21 PM

If your overall income is down then go to court and present the proof and the paperwork for the car and get the CS lowered and then take a pic of her screaming!

rob-cyn 04-30-2013 05:29 PM

Been there and done that !!
So glad my kids are all grown and we get along great :)
As for the ex....karmas a bitch !!

coia96vette 04-30-2013 05:38 PM

I feel your pain. My wife of 29 years just took off on me for greener pastures. Female midlife crisis are a b!tch. I am keeping my 04 no matter what. She has her own sports car. It is paid for so no problem there. Now to get through all this court bs and try to get on with my life. Getting too old for this much drama.

strand rider 04-30-2013 05:54 PM

It could have been worse.

I was once on a bar stool(honest) and asked the girl next to me why so sad.

Said she saw her ex driving past at a light, got so mad , she pulled out hard and T boned him.
She was sad because it was not him, only the cars looked alike.

No , I didn't buy her a drink......

2ooo-C5 04-30-2013 05:59 PM

why do people think having a corvette means you a rich.
I paid more for a chevy colorado then i did my corvette.

Most people pay more for the ford explorer then i did my vette.

Varmit 04-30-2013 06:23 PM

ask her how much she spend on shoes, hair dresser, etc.. and bottom line it's really none of f'ing business. She is not part of your life anymore., Besides does the cost of raising children go up when you buy a Vette, and is there a stipulation in your final settlement that states if you get another car, she is entitled to more of your sweat???

DooDooBear1999 04-30-2013 06:28 PM

I feel my blood boil every time I read a story like this.

SlowFRC 04-30-2013 06:36 PM

As a 24 year old single man I can safely say that stories like these have convinced me to never get married. The few years of being "in love" with an inevitable painful divorce to come just aren't worth it.

mxz800 04-30-2013 06:36 PM

I don't know about the laws in your state but in my state its cut, and dry as far as child support goes. Maine uses a child support calculator its simple math doesn't matter what car you drive.

I made out ok in my divorce, she had to pay me since my son lived with me full time. My son hasn't seen his birth mother since he was 9 years old, he is 26 now. Thats ok she has found Jesus, (Religion the last refuse of a Scoundrel) she tells people that my son is my dead brother's child, my brother died 2 years before my son was born. How do I know she says this? One of her new husband's family came up to my son last year, told him that its to bad what happened to his Dad, and his Aunt would've loved to keep him but she isn't blood.

I might of won the most crazy Ex contest.

MotoJB 04-30-2013 06:45 PM

I was fortunate enough to never have the ex come after me for more money. I took care of my daughter's needs and that was good enough for her. Most women are crazy selfish though, after a breakup.

I'm just so glad my girl is over 18 and I don't have to give that wind-bag another cent. She spent most of the money on herself anyhow - shoes and purses (while being a questionable mother to my daughter).

Not fun.

GOOD LUCK.

Suthunman 04-30-2013 06:55 PM

What you choose to do with your money or to drive is none of her business. The judge doesn't care either. Here in Arkansas child support is pretty cut and dried. It's a percentage of your income. If its the same way in Illinois and your income is down since the divorce, you should ask for a decrease. Whatever happens, I can't see the judge saying Peter B we are ordering you to pay more child support because you bought a Corvette.

maxx2200 04-30-2013 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by CQRT (Post 1583778674)
OK . . I'll go for it since nobody else has . .

Pic of Ex-wife ?? :D

:lol:

WKMCD 04-30-2013 07:12 PM

Jees, when my wife of many many years first saw my vette.....she took me to bed. :D

z06scentair 04-30-2013 07:14 PM

You know the saying! " you never truly know a woman till you meet her in court"

o2bnkc 04-30-2013 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Suthunman (Post 1583779706)
What you choose to do with your money or to drive is none of her business. The judge doesn't care either. Here in Arkansas child support is pretty cut and dried. It's a percentage of your income. If its the same way in Illinois and your income is down since the divorce, you should ask for a decrease. Whatever happens, I can't see the judge saying Peter B we are ordering you to pay more child support because you bought a Corvette.

You know what they say about divorces in Arkansas. Even though you're divorced, you are still legally brother and sister. Just kidding!!! Couldn't resist! I love Arkansas and the people (except B. Clinton and manwife Hilary) there. Spent many a summer vacationing in the Ozarks. I still go over when I visit my Dad in Joplin. Beautiful country.

MSG C5 04-30-2013 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by SlowFRC (Post 1583779568)
As a 24 year old single man I can safely say that stories like these have convinced me to never get married. The few years of being "in love" with an inevitable painful divorce to come just aren't worth it.

When I was younger, a friend of mine got married. He owned a mint 1998 C5 coupe with low miles. He also had a truck which he drove for work. His new wife talked him into trading his mint Corvette for a mini van due to her being pregnant. Fast forward two years, the wife cheats on him, they get divorced and is still paying off her mini van plus CS. Ouch!

sfc rick 04-30-2013 08:41 PM

I'm happy that my 27year marriage is over and the Judge brought that gavel down so hard on her and her attorney. Both blood sucking leaches went away with nothing....well except the 50% equity in our home, which I gladly gave her the check. She wanted my royalties and part of my VA disability and SS Disability(illegal to do by the way). Once paperwork was finilaized I terminated my royalties, which literally had them both screaming with rage.

I hate women that feel like husbands owe them everything....most disgusting.

I have the greatest woman ever today, far better than the ex could ever be!!!!

Now my poor son has a woman continually dragging him to court over CS payments and amounts all time. Why can't these animals just move on?

Suthunman 04-30-2013 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by o2bnkc (Post 1583780157)
You know what they say about divorces in Arkansas. Even though you're divorced, you are still legally brother and sister. Just kidding!!! Couldn't resist! I love Arkansas and the people (except B. Clinton and manwife Hilary) there. Spent many a summer vacationing in the Ozarks. I still go over when I visit my Dad in Joplin. Beautiful country.

My sister and I never got along very well. So I wound up having to marry outside the family! :D.

o2bnkc 04-30-2013 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Suthunman (Post 1583780727)
My sister and I never got along very well. So I wound up having to marry outside the family! :D.

:rofl::rofl::thumbs:

FrankLP 04-30-2013 08:58 PM

This is how it works in Nebraska too. It's all based on your income. A person could own several Lamborghinis, and it wouldn't factor into the amount of CS they're required to pay.

If it is the same in Illinois, Suthunman is right. In fact if your income truly was/has decreased, you could've/should've taken her to court to modify the decree.

dquagliaroli 04-30-2013 09:12 PM

Move on!

Do what's right - always two sides to every story. To bad the child is the one who really suffers.:hide:

Oh 2 Fun 04-30-2013 09:22 PM

Yes, I've been jerked around by an X, even when I was raising one of my sons by myself for seven years. Verbal agreements were lost in the wind and she messed with me whenever she could. With what I was paying, my kids should have been attending school in tuxedos and eating prime rib......no......beer and cigarettes for Mom and new husband.

I withheld some CS because she changed visitation on her own and she turned me into the state. It was the best thing that happened because the state has a formula that doesn't see torch red Corvettes.

So....if you haven't already, let the your state figure the amount.

For me, it was about the kids....for her...it was the $$$

Now my kids are grown and love me deeply while thinking their Mom is too psycho. It all pays off in the end if you have integrity and love.

Vetteman Jack 04-30-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06 (Post 1583778946)
If your overall income is down then go to court and present the proof and the paperwork for the car and get the CS lowered and then take a pic of her screaming!

:iagree: However if what you are paying now is actually going to the child and not putting a crimp in your ability to live a decent life, then maybe agree to leave it the same for the child's sake.

$$$frumnuttin' 04-30-2013 09:56 PM

just point out to the judge you were on the skids and had to buy an economy car...one with 32 mpg highway.

STALION 04-30-2013 10:00 PM

And this is why I refuse to get married...it just doesn't mean what it use to and there is no thing to gain. People can still live happily ever after regardless.

Suthunman 04-30-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack (Post 1583781089)
:iagree: However if what you are paying now is actually going to the child and not putting a crimp in your ability to live a decent life, then maybe agree to leave it the same for the child's sake.

I agree in principal......however, I've never seen an Ex-husband that thought all the money was going to the child.

jdot 04-30-2013 10:28 PM

This is sad. Makes me appreciate my wife of 40 yrs even more. She supports my love of sports cars and my fanatical love of golf and encourages me to play when I want. She's even told me I can buy a NEW Vette if I want one. I told her that was too much but I'd try to find a late model used one sometime this year. Gonna sell my 04 first though. My daughter and her husband have been divorced just over a year now and our grandson has to spend a good deal of every day with us since his Mom commutes a good distance to work and back daily. His dad lives about an hour drive from here and only wants to see the boy every other weekend and he pays NO child support! He doesn't contribute anything to the child's welfare. He was useless from the day they married. I never saw such a lazy, worthless, human being. Going to stop ranting now but I it must be realized that there are two sides to every divorce; some more legitimate than the other.

sircampsalot2 04-30-2013 10:33 PM

And women wonder why we dont want to get married.....LMAO, Oh yeah I'll marry you so we can get pissed at each other and you leave and then you want half pr more of everything ive worked my ass off for...yeah right!

bikeriderga 04-30-2013 10:38 PM

Truly sad, but the courts have done more to discourage marriage than any other institution in this country, save the Federal government.

Gonna be interesting when gays start divorcing. Who naturally gets to play the role of the woman in this case? The **** or the male figure?

stingraymyway 04-30-2013 10:38 PM

After you win, and you will after showing the receipts and proof of the cars age, tell the Biotch that you're no longer under her thumb and you'll drive whatever the hell you want to drive. :rock:

jol 04-30-2013 10:45 PM

I respect all the advice but...this was a tough year for my family - both sons divorced. My younger one needed a car anyway since his Jeep was about to die. I bought him the car and the title and registration is in my name.
Transfer the Vette to someone you can trust-perhaps family.
Done

02koolC5 05-01-2013 01:16 AM

Troll

oldschoolvette 05-01-2013 06:07 AM

Feel Better

In the beginning I was on the hook for 66% of my gross income for child support and alimony :flaghalfmast: I had a female judge and she decided it would be fair for me to pay for X to go to college since I had hobbled her professional development. :willy:

My daughter figured out that I was not the bad guy in about 13 months. she now stays with me, taking her to court to decrease alimony and life is getting better.

I had to sell my 66 and my 98 vettes to pay for lawyer bills:eek::eek:

when I got the 03 Vert the X flipped out and threatened to take me to court

In the end the best revenge is living well.:thumbs:

Make sure that every time you drop the boy off or pick him up....drive the Vette

andrec10 05-01-2013 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by MSG C5 (Post 1583780481)
When I was younger, a friend of mine got married. He owned a mint 1998 C5 coupe with low miles. He also had a truck which he drove for work. His new wife talked him into trading his mint Corvette for a mini van due to her being pregnant. Fast forward two years, the wife cheats on him, they get divorced and is still paying off her mini van plus CS. Ouch!

What a TWAT!:D

Jeff T. 05-01-2013 07:38 AM

I thought I saw a Yugo for sale locally...

Crosis 05-01-2013 10:52 AM

greedy hoes

Corvette_Ed 05-01-2013 11:04 AM

When my ex first saw that I bought a Corvette she said, "I don't know if I like that idea."

I said, "It's a good thing that it's not your decision then, huh?" :lol:

Vega$Vette 05-01-2013 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by oh1vette (Post 1583778667)
Ain't that the truth...

You're gonna loose. Sux the big one but that's the way it is.:willy:

Bill McCassey 05-01-2013 11:25 AM

I bought my vette the month after my child support ended. When my son told her she still got pissed. Been divorced for 14 years.
She has me convinced that satin has a vagina!!!

FourG63 97GST 05-01-2013 11:32 AM

Buy some gloves and watch alot of CSI :leaving:

Sidewayz6.0 05-01-2013 11:48 AM

You sir, have never lived in Illinois. :ack:

I escaped the Iron Curtain about a year ago. A few more months in KY, then it's off to sunny Florida.

SaberD 05-01-2013 11:49 AM

Never getting married or having kids. The legal system makes absolutely no sense, and I can't say the future looks too bright for our children with the inevitable financial crash and the increasing police state. Kids aren't even allowed to go playing alone in the woods without their parents going to jail anymore. Not to mention that quarrels in school are dealt with in a court room instead of the principal's office these days. These zero tolerance policies are out of control. They are just a way of saying "We think the individuals in our staff are complete and utter morons, and can't be trusted to make even moderately important decisions." Kids can't even be kids. What kind of life would that be for them?

mnmthoele 05-01-2013 12:14 PM

Petitioning for an increase does not mean she gets it. Unfortunately the courts allow people to continue to petition time after time. The most important thing is to try to keep your child out of the BS that happens with a divorce. No matter what the ex does, if you treat your child correctly they will see that you are a good parent, and that is the most important lesson a child can learn. Good luck.

RetiredSFC 97 05-01-2013 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by STALION (Post 1583781431)
And this is why I refuse to get married...it just doesn't mean what it use to and there is no thing to gain. People can still live happily ever after regardless.

There is a growing trend in the country where men aren't wanting to get married like they once did. I posted an article in PR&C a few months back written by a woman addressing this problem to women.

She says women have done this to themselves and now wonder why so many men are non committal.

Well I would suggest anyone who wonders why this trend is on the rise go back and listen to a certain Helen Reddy song. Titled, I am woman. Then follow the timeline.:thumbs:

One might also go back to the sixties and follow liberal policies and the liberals whoring out women for votes.

Mychebe 05-01-2013 02:38 PM

I think all you guys need to get together and write a country music song. Geez, man up.

pokerpro 05-01-2013 04:09 PM

I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper for you if you just have her killed.

Then after that's done, don't walk but run to the doctor and get a vasectomy.

Problem solved. No charge.

PeterB 05-01-2013 04:13 PM

Sadly I would marry her all over again to have my son Nicholas PeterB in my life as he is my greatest accomplishment. I would advise from experience that marriage is a double edge sword. Not sure what the national percentage is now but I would bet its greater then 1/2 end up in divorced. I fell straight into the pit, she's beautiful alright on the outside, rotten as a witch, cold as ice on the inside. Lithuanian blonde, blue eyes 5'8'' 130lbs slim/trim and while we had a wonderful few years filled with great romance, intimacy and fun it certainly isn't the same woman today I married back then. I suggest to you that a high percentage of them change immediately after marriage and most definitely after having a child. What's amazing to me is the lack of gratitude for everything I'd done for her and continue to do for our son. I have never missed a child support payment, I cheerfully pay for 50% of all pre and after school care, 100% of health care and 50% of all extra curricular activities. I drop everything to care for my son & drive from Park Ridge to Evanston (45 min) to pick up my son on Tuesdays overnight drop him off Wed mornings and every other weekend Fri, Sat, Sun. Two months out of the year Nicholas stays with me full time while she still receives the $600mth $7K a year child support. She remains with a scowl on her face and treats me like dirt. Rather then saying your a great father as I continue to buy my son shoes, shirts, baseball mitts etc. The woman at 34 is just evil as can be towards me. Put it this way she doesn't need Google she knows it all. In spite I continue to speak to our son of her unconditional love from us and never speak of her evil to him. She's had a half dozen different boyfriends all of who's families have been exposed to my son on overnight stays, childcare etc. Recently the last guy whom I actually liked and though was a stand up guy was the last one to say arivederci to her and I'm happy for him that he did not fall into her trap.

Not to mention the lopsided disgrace of our court systems in the US. What a crock of cccccccccchit. You have no idea. Bend over backwards, dry guys from the courts and the bottom feeding divorce attorney. Leeche$ the lot of'm! Perhaps in the 40's, 50's, 60s, not these days. I tell my single friends to NEVER get married. If you want to have a child, go ahead and have one. Live with a squeeze, sure go ahead (pick out a young sexy one) but NO REASON whatsoever to ever say, I do. If you do, remember this thread and be prepared to get it stuck in your arse non stop time after time. That's right, get ready to smile as you say give it to me again & again...

PS. Venting has helped me soother and lick my wounds. Thank you men. Stay well.
What goes around comes around. Always did always will.

heavymetals 05-01-2013 04:22 PM

Move to Texas (no reciprocity),

Living well is the best revenge.

KM1959 05-01-2013 05:27 PM

I remember watching a TV show years ago where on of the younger guys in the cast said "Hey, I'm getting married" to which a 50 year-old replied "Why not just save a bunch of time by finding a woman who hates you and buy her a house."

hdkeno 05-01-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by PeterB. (Post 1583787875)
Sadly I would marry her all over again to have my son Nicholas PeterB in my life as he is my greatest accomplishment. I would advise from experience that marriage is a double edge sword. Not sure what the national percentage is now but I would bet its greater then 1/2 end up in divorced. I fell straight into the pit, she's beautiful alright on the outside, rotten as a witch, cold as ice on the inside. Lithuanian blonde, blue eyes 5'8'' 130lbs slim/trim and while we had a wonderful few years filled with great romance, intimacy and fun it certainly isn't the same woman today I married back then. I suggest to you that a high percentage of them change immediately after marriage and most definitely after having a child. What's amazing to me is the lack of gratitude for everything I'd done for her and continue to do for our son. I have never missed a child support payment, I cheerfully pay for 50% of all pre and after school care, 100% of health care and 50% of all extra curricular activities. I drop everything to care for my son & drive from Park Ridge to Evanston (45 min) to pick up my son on Tuesdays overnight drop him off Wed mornings and every other weekend Fri, Sat, Sun. Two months out of the year Nicholas stays with me full time while she still receives the $600mth $7K a year child support. She remains with a scowl on her face and treats me like dirt. Rather then saying your a great father as I continue to buy my son shoes, shirts, baseball mitts etc. The woman at 34 is just evil as can be towards me. Put it this way she doesn't need Google she knows it all. In spite I continue to speak to our son of her unconditional love from us and never speak of her evil to him. She's had a half dozen different boyfriends all of who's families have been exposed to my son on overnight stays, childcare etc. Recently the last guy whom I actually liked and though was a stand up guy was the last one to say arivederci to her and I'm happy for him that he did no fall in the trap.

Not to mention the lopsided disgrace of our court systems in the US. What a crock of cccccccccchit. You have no idea. Bend over backwards, dry guys from the courts and the bottom feeding divorce attorney leeches! I tell my single friends to NEVER get married. If you want to have a child, go ahead and have one. Live with a squeeze, sure go ahead (pick out a young sexy one) but NO REASON whatsoever to ever say I do. If you do, remember this thread and be prepared to get it stuck in your arse non stop time after time. That's right smile as you say give it to me again & again & again...

PS. Venting has helped me soother and lick my wounds. Thank you men. Stay well.
What goes around comes around. Always did always will.

Well said Peter...You will overcome this trying time in your life,and as the saying goes, "this too will pass". and will emerge a better , happier person,even though it may not seem like it at this point in time. Keep your spirits up. Ken

WKMCD 05-01-2013 08:40 PM

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/WKMCD/drphil.jpg

Is this still a car forum???:crazy:

dood73 05-01-2013 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by mxz800 (Post 1583779570)

Oh boy... don't get me started about my ex... I'll wear out my keyboard. :crazy2:

o2bnkc 05-01-2013 09:21 PM

I feel for you guys. When my ex and I split, I guess I was was pretty lucky. We didn't have a pot to piss in. I did have to sell my 63 Falcon convertible and split it with her, though. I payed $89.00 to a paralegal to draw up the papers, signed them and that was it. I couldn't afford to get a divorce today!:rock::rofl::rofl:

LoneStarFRC 05-01-2013 10:31 PM

OT Soap Opera

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1583790136)

Took the words right out of my mouth. :yesnod:

02koolC5 05-02-2013 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1583790136)

:iagree:my thoughts exactly:toetap: I thought for sure moderators would move this one:smash:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...face20palm.gif

baxsom 05-02-2013 04:42 AM

Luckily I was still a poor E4 when I divorced my first wife. My second gave me a 68 Mustang for a wedding present, bought me a 72 C3 big block convertible for making E7 and my 00 C5 when I made First Sergeant.

chipscvettec5 05-02-2013 01:03 PM

Like all arrangements, just tell her she gets it every other weekend, then when she comes by to pick up the car, pull a fuse.....Hmmmm, it was running just the other day.

El original 05-02-2013 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by SlowFRC (Post 1583779568)

:crazy: You may have the best intentions now but it only takes one moment of WEAKNESS then you will be in the same boat as the rest of us! I have a licence plate frame that states, "not all men are fools...some are single". Words to live by at this time and age. Rob

printmanjackson 05-02-2013 01:40 PM

as to the subject, this thread was started because of a C5 and this is the C5 General so we can say we have covered it all now :thumbs:

I feel for you. Women can be so heartless and I hope the courts see this in your favor. What sucks is your going to have to get a lawyer again and going to court with one is probably going to cost you. Why don't you just sell the car and tell her it's gone, now what!

rob-cyn 05-02-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by printmanjackson (Post 1583796070)
as to the subject, this thread was started because of a C5 and this is the C5 General so we can say we have covered it all now :thumbs:

I feel for you. Women can be so heartless and I hope the courts see this in your favor. What sucks is your going to have to get a lawyer again and going to court with one is probably going to cost you. Why don't you just sell the car and tell her it's gone, now what!

Thats right !! Sell the one thing that brings u joy :crazy2:

I did something funny today, a lady I have been seeing told me I have no time for her because I am always either working on my car, with my brother or hanging with my dog.
So to be a smartass I sent her a picture of my Vette and asked her what she heard when she looks at the picture to which she replied " nothing "
I replied back with " thats because my car doesnt complain all the time, so now you know why I enjoy it "
To be honest, I could care less if I ever get married again, women are just to selfish and materialistic any more and the ones that arent are still in good relationships and I congratulate any of you out there that was lucky enough to have found one of those precious gems :thumbs:

WKMCD 05-02-2013 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by rob-cyn (Post 1583796657)
I congratulate any of you out there that was lucky enough to have found one of those precious gems :thumbs:

We met in college and got married at 21..we're still together nearing retirement. :thumbs:

Anyone who puts up with me, I'm not letting get away. :yesnod:

warlock007 05-02-2013 03:33 PM

It shouldnt matter if its a brand new car of any make, If your income is down then file as previously recommended to lower the payments.

Theres no ware that i know of that says if you live cheaper, pay off old bills etc. that you have to pay more to her.

I just dont get why women continue to want to see men knocked down when all there childs needs are met. Why do they continue to think that your suppose to pay more in child support when everyone in the world knows they arent spending it on the kid.

Dont let her get the upper hand, walk in with all paperwork, W2 and tax paperwork, then walk out with the smile.

printmanjackson 05-02-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by rob-cyn (Post 1583796657)
Thats right !! Sell the one thing that brings u joy :crazy2:

I was just being sarcastic :D

aquachuck1 05-02-2013 04:21 PM

divorce

Divorce laws in Pennsylvania are extremely fair.....everything is split equally,

Just say you own a gold mine.....they split it evenly.....she gets the gold....and you get the shaft.

GySgt1811 05-02-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 1583796767)
We met in college and got married at 21..we're still together nearing retirement. :thumbs:

Anyone who puts up with me, I'm not letting get away. :yesnod:

Amen, WKMCD!

Met mine Sophomore year of High School. We both turn 69 in July and will log 47 years married in August. In addition to my Wife and Lover, she's also my best friend...and I am hers.

Our motto is "Murder as often as necessary; divorce, never." :thumbs:

I am very lucky...but, we both have worked very hard at it. And it ain't easy. I feel very sad for all the men and women who are suffering with disastrous and failed relationships.

Best thoughts and regards to all,

Gunny John

PS. And my ladies' no push over. she brims with P&V. She's the one who named the 'vette "Lilith." (See Hebrew mythology for the original meaning of the name. And, yes, I'm a professor of Ancient Near Eastern Literature. So she's poking me in the eye here.) :ack:

alankb 05-02-2013 06:25 PM

Sorry, no

Originally Posted by mxz800 (Post 1583779570)
I don't know about the laws in your state but in my state its cut, and dry as far as child support goes. Maine uses a child support calculator its simple math doesn't matter what car you drive.

I made out ok in my divorce, she had to pay me since my son lived with me full time. My son hasn't seen his birth mother since he was 9 years old, he is 26 now. Thats ok she has found Jesus, (Religion the last refuse of a Scoundrel) she tells people that my son is my dead brother's child, my brother died 2 years before my son was born. How do I know she says this? One of her new husband's family came up to my son last year, told him that its to bad what happened to his Dad, and his Aunt would've loved to keep him but she isn't blood.

I'm pretty sure I'm the winner of that contest! Good luck to all!

R0NIN 05-02-2013 07:36 PM

Thanks PeterB for the great advice!! Never been married here and LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Sorry for your pain...

Vega$Vette 05-02-2013 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by warlock007 (Post 1583797134)
Theres no ware that i know of that says if you live cheaper, pay off old bills etc. that you have to pay more to her.

Sorry sir you are wrong.

That is the law just about every state in the union.

PeterB 05-10-2013 05:24 PM

Seriously VegasVett, if she ever knew she should at least appreciate that I'm looking to save a few bucks and go used CCW 505a, LOL.

FYI I'd thought I give you fine gentleman that supported me this past month, a I little update to this Court fiasco:

Court was hysterical this past Wed. Judge looks at her and kinda flirts with her since she had a pink skirt and high heels, low cut top.. and says "Looking for increase in Child Support ha?" Asks how many children? 1 OK and yourself sir? I said Judge for the record I first like to state, that Nicholas is a wonderful son and that she is a terrific mom. She does an excellent job of raising our son and is a true credit to the word mother. Nicholas is an excellent reader and the best son a father could be blessed with. I'm happy to do what I can for my son and his mother and bend over backwards every chance I get to do so. Here are my three years tax returns, my last 3years 1099, my invoices for my half of all his extra curricular activities, half of summer camp, baseball, basketball, chess etc. And although I contemplated asking for an abatement I have not. I want to do whatever I can for my son and I sincerely mean that.

There was a quietness in the entire courtroom. I had everyone's attention, they are not used to hearing sticke like that. She kept rolling her eyes and taking heavy breaths... After he calculated for what seemed like minutes Judge says Miss if I was you I would withdraw your motion as he is due for a CS reduction. Then she shouts out "Judge he just bought a brand new Vett convertible!! " He hides his income Judge I want to subpoena his bank statements yatayata. Judge says it your prerogative Miss see the states attorney and discuss the matter with him :smash: I asked the Judge if I could go since I was late for work. Wish all the div dads where there, I'm telling you it was classical! Chalk one up for the guys. Hahahhahha

Mr31FlavorsVette 05-10-2013 06:56 PM

Good for you! My wife would start crying every time we went before a judge, telling them I was hiding money, blah, blah, blah. I always had all my tax returns, bank statements, etc, that I offered for the judges review. She even quit her job to try and force the courts to have me pay her spousal support saying she was now unemployed and unemployable because she didn't have any other skills except being a mom. The judge just looked at her and said "you can't just quit a good job and plan on staying home so you can collect spousal support, case dismissed". My ex literally ran out of the court balling and after 3 years of dragging me to court to try and get more money, never tried to file another court hearing again.

Even after all that, I did remarry...my new wife is 22 years younger than me.:eek:

DSTURBD 05-10-2013 07:44 PM

I guess I learn really slow, but after three divorces, my opinion of ex-wives and their tactics matches the words of a character on Law and Order SVU...."Well, if she's going to be like that, someone should just kill the bitch."

Obviously my choicing skills were very suspect!!!!! :D :D

Been single now for over twenty-three years and life could not be better; along with my demeanor, my attitude in general, and my decisions as to where my money goes!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Another character line that had me rolling on the floor was when an adult son asked his father how he got away with talking "to Mom like that?" His father replied, "After over forty years of marriage, what's she gonna' do? Oh,........and.....you gotta realize that you are all done fu#$in'!!!!"

Genuine words of wisdom!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DSTURBD

P.S. Mr.31FlavorsVette. I did the whole twenty years younger thing for a couple of years and while it was a raging good time, it's just a train wreck looking for a creaky trestle!!! lol

cor66vette 05-10-2013 07:56 PM

... But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.Women and lawyers.

Make that three! Don't forget the "system". It will always side with the female.:ack:

JerzeyJoe 05-10-2013 08:11 PM

5/31/13 we'll be celebrating 10 years of marriage. We never had a fight, LOL.

Man I feel for you. I have some friends that go through he same thing with the ex's.

I have 2 kids and adore them. Would I marry today? Don't think so. Not after hearing and seeing some divorce stories. I'm just blessed to have married a understanding woman. BUT NOWAY I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!! 1 shot deal for me.

Ona mission 05-10-2013 09:52 PM

Divorce does sux so my condolences to all that have had one especially those that are in, or contemplating one. Adversarial ones are the worst where one side or the other use money,the court system or family/friend/the kids to punish their ex. The hate goes on for years, pointless.

Yes, my ex hates me having a 04 MYcoupe probably more then the new wife. I think she contemplated taking me back to court and then found out she didn't have a leg to stand on.( She got a favorable but fair settlement the first time around) Decided to get some payback through family relations.

I waited till the kids were adults and still tried to change the course of my 25 year relationship but she just wanted to be angry, and that's the way she was from virtually the first year. I made all the classic husband mistakes, so i had my part in it also, but that's no way to live a life.

Ironically the Corvette issue had a small part (very small part) of the downward spiral of my marriage and eventually separation from my children s mom. Probably in my mid-forties I was just day dreaming and mentioned that I would like to have a Corvette at some, vague point in my older years. You would have thought that I said something about getting a girlfriend or at least a threesome. A cold hard stare, and a flat denial. The same story when I talked about going to Hawaii (with her) or the southwest desert. (to hot)

After a respectable three additional years for my ex to reconsider ,I meet a wonderful lady (age appropriate) whom wants to explore, has a better income then mine and fully supported my desire to own a piece of American motor car history. Marriage is a great institution and should be one to a customer, but frequently isn't.

Dinning alone is a real downer, and the best life is one that you share. They put two seats in these great cars for a reason.:thumbs:

Choreo 05-11-2013 02:11 AM

62 years old, never been married (but I was proposed to by several hotties back in the day).

Almost took the fall in 1991 - damn close call - that was truly a near miss. If that girlfriend of over 2 years had said "Lets' go to Las Vegas tonight", I think I would have done it in a minute! In every case, I see what my ex-girlfriends married and the Hell those guys have been put through and just thank God every day that I am a Eunuch.

I have been nookie-free for over 22 years now and proud of it. I have a C5 instead and the best part is when it breaks down, I can get parts! Also, on those occasions when my C5 "does" appear to lose its mind, all I have to do is reset the DIC, not chop it off!
:rock:

Suthunman 05-11-2013 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by JerzeyJoe (Post 1583868359)
5/31/13 we'll be celebrating 10 years of marriage. We never had a fight, LOL.

Man I feel for you. I have some friends that go through he same thing with the ex's.

I have 2 kids and adore them. Would I marry today? Don't think so. Not after hearing and seeing some divorce stories. I'm just blessed to have married a understanding woman. BUT NOWAY I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!! 1 shot deal for me.

Must have been a great day to get married. I was married on the same day and we have never had a fight in 10 years. We don't always agree, but its always civil. This is my 2nd go round, 24 years the first time and fought all the time.

Suthunman 05-11-2013 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ona mission (Post 1583869246)
Divorce does sux so my condolences to all that have had one especially those that are in, or contemplating one. Adversarial ones are the worst where one side or the other use money,the court system or family/friend/the kids to punish their ex. The hate goes on for years, pointless.

Yes, my ex hates me having a 04 MYcoupe probably more then the new wife. I think she contemplated taking me back to court and then found out she didn't have a leg to stand on.( She got a favorable but fair settlement the first time around) Decided to get some payback through family relations.

I waited till the kids were adults and still tried to change the course of my 25 year relationship but she just wanted to be angry, and that's the way she was from virtually the first year. I made all the classic husband mistakes, so i had my part in it also, but that's no way to live a life.

Ironically the Corvette issue had a small part (very small part) of the downward spiral of my marriage and eventually separation from my children s mom. Probably in my mid-forties I was just day dreaming and mentioned that I would like to have a Corvette at some, vague point in my older years. You would have thought that I said something about getting a girlfriend or at least a threesome. A cold hard stare, and a flat denial. The same story when I talked about going to Hawaii (with her) or the southwest desert. (to hot)

After a respectable three additional years for my ex to reconsider ,I meet a wonderful lady (age appropriate) whom wants to explore, has a better income then mine and fully supported my desire to own a piece of American motor car history. Marriage is a great institution and should be one to a customer, but frequently isn't.

Dinning alone is a real downer, and the best life is one that you share. They put two seats in these great cars for a reason.:thumbs:

Wow........you almost told my story. Just a few minor details different. You are so right about dining alone.

540i 6spd 05-11-2013 09:08 AM

To the OP: Good luck and keep your head high!!!

FLZapped 05-11-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by PeterB. (Post 1583867063)
I asked the Judge if I could go since I was late for work.

So what did he finally rule, or did she actually withdraw her motion?

robert miller 05-11-2013 09:25 AM

Women and lawyers.

:lol::lol::lol::iagree::hide::hide::hide :

PeterB 05-11-2013 09:12 PM

"Strike from the call" FLZapped not sure what that means but that's what it says online today?

My son Nicholas PeterB. Is only 8 years old next month. I'm sure she will do it again and again. Its just how this new breed is programmed. Here's how it reads:

"Activity Date: 5/8/2013 Participant: B. PETER J.

STRIKE FROM THE CALL - ALLOWED -

Court Room: 3005

Judge: LOPEZ MARK JOSEPH
Microfilm: DR100000000 "

BTW $37.00 to park downtown Chicago garage for about 2.5hrs :ack:

BOUT X 05-11-2013 10:14 PM

When I got married back in 1982 the ex and I said if it dont work we still raise the kids together. If one cheats they leave no question and I said if I decide to leave her and the kids then I pay CS SS if she leaves she takes her **** and goes. Well after 20 yrs she left and then I found out who I really married what a @unt she became and NOW I WILL NEVER ENTER A CONTRACT WITH THE STATE AGAIN the state tried to get me to pay CS to her and the Kids lived with me WTF all is better now she lives 1/2 mile away we are still friends because she is my kids Mom AND THATS THE ONLY REASON. So now I live by this picture

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps767710f5.jpg

Pops

thmehr 05-12-2013 11:56 AM

A friend of my told me about his ex. She had a great high paying job for 2 plus years before the divorce. She did not like her new job and went back to her old $20,000 year job. Six months later, she wanted a divorce. Of course, she wanted half of her husband's income. He started a business and was not making much, during her high paying years but things turned around and he was doing well. This allowed her to go back to her old job. So, in the end, she had to pay him because the court said she could go back to earning those high wages and his income was not stable since he was only in year 3 of his business. She supported the family during those years and she could do it again as the Judge said. I guess she was so furious at the Judge that she got fined with a Contempt of Court charge and spent 48 hours in jail. :woohoo: A win for guys for a change.

Life is a bitch and then you die. Now bend over and give 1/2 of all your stuff to government.

hdkeno 05-12-2013 12:24 PM

:thumbs:

Originally Posted by thmehr (Post 1583879855)
A friend of my told me about his ex. She had a great high paying job for 2 plus years before the divorce. She did not like her new job and went back to her old $20,000 year job. Six months later, she wanted a divorce. Of course, she wanted half of her husband's income. He started a business and was not making much, during her high paying years but things turned around and he was doing well. This allowed her to go back to her old job. So, in the end, she had to pay him because the court said she could go back to earning those high wages and his income was not stable since he was only in year 3 of his business. She supported the family during those years and she could do it again as the Judge said. I guess she was so furious at the Judge that she got fined with a Contempt of Court charge and spent 48 hours in jail. :woohoo: A win for guys for a change.

Life is a bitch and then you die. Now bend over and give 1/2 of all your stuff to government.

:iagree: So true, and it seems to get worse day by day.......

c6miller 05-12-2013 03:28 PM

sounds like she's angry and jealous.