CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Z06 w/ Torquer vs. 2014 GTR (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/3262172-z06-w-torquer-vs-2014-gtr.html)

oicw 05-06-2013 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rez90 (Post 1583810373)
As someone who owned a GTR and a Z06 for almost two years I'm going to say this never happened.

And for everyone else who's talking so much crap about the GTR...you're coming off as very stereotypical American car DBs that have no idea there are any other sports cars on the planet other than a corvette.

The irony is, have you seen how the Japanese (Best Motoring) reviews American cars?

Americans are much, much, more fair and objective about Japanese cars, than the Japanese are about American cars. They believe every Ford, Chevy and Chrysler is utter crap. And if proven otherwise, will use every effort and tactic to make them appear like utter crap on film.

Have you ever, and I mean EVER, seen a positive review about any American car by a Japanese media? They'd trash everything from a Chevy Impala, to Ford Mustang, to a Peterbilt.

FrankTank 05-06-2013 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by oicw (Post 1583833527)
The irony is, have you seen how the Japanese (Best Motoring) reviews American cars?

Americans are much, much, more fair and objective about Japanese cars, than the Japanese are about American cars. They believe every Ford, Chevy and Chrysler is utter crap. And if proven otherwise, will use every effort and tactic to make them appear like utter crap on film.

Have you ever, and I mean EVER, seen a positive review about any American car by a Japanese media? They'd trash everything from a Chevy Impala, to Ford Mustang, to a Peterbilt.

:iagree: and its funny ... he comes off as a hypocrite, calling us stereotypical American DB's .... he's exactly the Same just on the side of the GTR , POT MEET KETTLE I don't care if he's owned both or not. It's amazing how much denial some people are in here in this thread :lol:

briancb1 05-06-2013 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by oicw (Post 1583833527)

X2

The car media has a predisposition that American cars will suck, so they typically write it that way.

The GTR can be fast but it's not a bargain by any means. Just easier to accomplish from the factory.

427ZM 05-07-2013 12:15 AM

^^^ I agree with the last 3 to post. The Japanese and the European auto enthusiast are far from objective when it comes to the corvette, let alone other American cars. Here's some proof. Let me say, I like Chris Harris normally, but here, he pisses me off to no end! 4.3 to 60? Are you kidding me!!!!

Lavender 05-07-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by 427ZM (Post 1583833667)
^^^ I agree with the last 3 to post. The Japanese and the European auto enthusiast are far from objective when it comes to the corvette, let alone other American cars. Here's some proof. Let me say, I like Chris Harris normally, but here, he pisses me off to no end! 4.3 to 60? Are you kidding me!!!!

http://youtu.be/sb4xJRMrAwA

Those clowns did 12.1 sec in a ZR1. Talk about being biased. Or they just suck at driving? :rofl:

camirocz 05-07-2013 07:48 AM

Lavender i ll let the pipe go after you get raped by a stock gtr.Unlike you, i own a z06 but am more than willing to say the truth as much as it hurts some ignorant fanboys.The transmission and all wheel drive of the gtr make it a very very quick car.

boost2na 05-07-2013 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jawnathin (Post 1583832457)
As much as I hate it, the advantage from off the line from a good launch is incredible. Having better top end can only do so much good at these speeds.

I didn't picture the entire acceleration curve. That would be a fun physics problem - there are probably enough data points there to estimate distance vs. time. May take that up this weekend!

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u (Post 1583832499)
The first few Z06s tested by C&D have the Z getting to 150mph in 17.8 sec. Not sure where you got your stats from. I can cite the issue dates if necessary

I remember all of those too. I think the difference this time was the Michelin PS Cup tires.

Originally Posted by briancb1 (Post 1583832512)
They have easy potential but the buy in cost is way too high for me. You have 100K 9 second car? Congrats....?

I think you misread my post; it was pro Z. I fully understand that magazines get TERRIBLE times for it compared to what's achieved by the good drivers who post here. That's kind of my point - when you couple what the car can actually do (especially with good tires) and a good driver the equation changes.

Originally Posted by Jawnathin (Post 1583832574)
His source is in the link at the bottom of his post.

Thanks! Yeah, forgot to mention this.

All in all I'm not a GT-R hater. I respect what the car can do. But if I use an aviation analogy it's kind of like this: the GT-R is like a plane landing with a Category III Instrument Landing System (automatically lands the plane in zero visibility) then the pilots shout "nailed it". The Z06 is like a plane you've seen in those crazy youtube videos (e.g. Hong Kong) where the pilots have a 747 crabbed sideways in an awful cross wind then manually spin it into alignment with the runway 50 ft off the ground. Who really nailed it?

FrankTank 05-07-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by briancb1 (Post 1583833579)
X2

The car media has a predisposition that American cars will suck, so they typically write it that way.

The GTR can be fast but it's not a bargain by any means. Just easier to accomplish from the factory.

Originally Posted by 427ZM (Post 1583833667)

http://youtu.be/sb4xJRMrAwA

:iagree: oh but wait, those of us who are confident in our cars, and even mod them to be faster and clearly beat a GTR in a roll race like Jersey did....we are fanboys, ignorant blind Z06 owners :rofl: Oh and don't forget , Jersey here..he is a liar.. LOL this never happened he made the whole thing up.... GMAFB.

and it's pretty sad we have to defend our own car on our own Z06 forum to some petty fools who are in denial that a GTR can be beat :lol: again I guess some do not understand simple math :lol:

propain 05-07-2013 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by camirocz (Post 1583834596)
Lavender i ll let the pipe go after you get raped by a stock gtr.Unlike you, i own a z06 but am more than willing to say the truth as much as it hurts some ignorant fanboys.The transmission and all wheel drive of the gtr make it a very very quick car.

Lavender doesn't own a Z06?

Lavender 05-07-2013 11:31 AM

I destroyed a GTR from a roll in my father's Z06.I believe I mentioned that like...3 times already? By the time I hit 320kp/h..I could barely see where his headlights are. And thats with my 48 kilos wife in the car. Oh and yeah...the AWD will help the GTR slingshot from a roll.....NOT.

Time to get back to the reality :rofl:

Lavender 05-07-2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by propain (Post 1583835145)
Lavender doesn't own a Z06?

No. But I have access to one :D :thumbs:

Lavender 05-07-2013 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by FrankTank (Post 1583833572)
:iagree: and its funny ... he comes off as a hypocrite, calling us stereotypical American DB's .... he's exactly the Same just on the side of the GTR , POT MEET KETTLE I don't care if he's owned both or not. It's amazing how much denial some people are in here in this thread :lol:

I remember watching Best Motoring once. (BIG MISTAKE:willy:) They almost beat a Z06 with a Evo @ drag race. How do you "almost" beat a high 10/low 11 sec car with a mid to high 13 sec Evo? Seems legit :rofl:

FrankTank 05-07-2013 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lavender (Post 1583836266)
I remember watching Best Motoring once. (BIG MISTAKE:willy:) They almost beat a Z06 with a Evo @ drag race. How do you "almost" beat a high 10/low 11 sec car with a mid to high 13 sec Evo? Seems legit :rofl:

:rock: :rofl: :willy:

Jawnathin 05-07-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by boost2na (Post 1583834755)
I didn't picture the entire acceleration curve. That would be a fun physics problem - there are probably enough data points there to estimate distance vs. time. May take that up this weekend!

Let us know what you come up with :D

For a visual perspective, check this out. GTR vs GT500.... races from a dig and from a roll. Even if the GT500 gets the hit from the line, it is impressive what the GTR strikes back with.

Disclaimer - Closed road in Mexico that is CG Animated with RC Cars and Computer Drivers.

Black96WS6 05-07-2013 02:15 PM

So are you saying....

...that if a 2013 Z06 and a 2013 GTR were driving on a closed freeway in Mexico at 60 mph lined up....

....and they both punched it....

that the GTR would win? If not, what exactly are you trying to say?

And why are you so upset that a GTR lost? Do you secretly wish you were driving one instead of a Z06? Maybe this is not the right forum for you then?

propain 05-07-2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Black96WS6 (Post 1583837618)
So are you saying....

...that if a 2013 Z06 and a 2013 GTR were driving on a closed freeway in Mexico at 60 mph lined up....

....and they both punched it....

that the GTR would win? If not, what exactly are you trying to say?

And why are you so upset that a GTR lost? Do you secretly wish you were driving one instead of a Z06? Maybe this is not the right forum for you then?

60 MPH you say? The GTR would most likely pull ahead and flatten out at about 120ish. Then the Z06 would start to reel it in but the GTR would most likely have put enough distance between the Z06 and the GTR that that Z06 would either tie or still be behind by 160. After 160 the Z06 would pull and be ahead to 180 by maybe a car.

LS9Drew 05-07-2013 02:26 PM

60 is a sweet spot in 2nd, you won't spin and it's in a good spot in 2nd 70 would be better but no one does 70s lol.

From GTR forums

"*ERR0RMACR0, on 12 April 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:
I thought stock it was definitely advantage DBA, no?"

From another GTR owner
"It's a driver's race. From a high roll the Z06 has an advantage.From a dig a DBA definitely has it."

camirocz 05-07-2013 02:45 PM

Lavender the dreamer.You destroyed a gtr with your daddy s z06.Now take papa s car go to a track and lets see what times you run Don Garlitz,.I ve cleaned out gtrs from a roll too but 2009 up to 2011.A 2012 or newer will keep up on a roll and kill you off the line and stay ahead until well into triple digit speeds.Wake up kid!Your dream has lasted far too long.

camirocz 05-07-2013 02:47 PM

And lets get things clear from now .A stock z06 with an average to good driver is not pulling 10s or low 11s.No way.there is not enough traction unless its a prepped track and on drag radials to run anywhere near those times.High 11s is what most will see.

Jawnathin 05-07-2013 02:50 PM

From down low, the GTR's advantage is all about traction and races from a roll minimize that advantage. So unless there are traction issues, the GTR won't pull on a Z06 and certainly not until 120. At 60mph, a well driven Z06 will stick in 2nd and just go.

You would figure that someone with so much experience that likes to talk down to others would know that. :lol: