CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   DETAILED 2014 Corvette Stingray Pricing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3260506-detailed-2014-corvette-stingray-pricing.html)

rcallen484 04-26-2013 04:12 PM

Remarkable!
:thumbs: :party: :thumbs:

Larry/car 04-26-2013 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1583744724)
Don't overlook the most desirable option of all. It has not increased in price over the C6 or the C5.

The front license plate bracket for $15. What a deal!!!!!!

:ack: Sorry, back when? The plate bracket came with the car without the extra charge.

ed1 04-26-2013 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by C6BOB (Post 1583744553)
R8C Corvette Museum Delivery w/Interior Plaque Includes CFX (Plaque) $990.00

What is CFX?

Why the $500 increase?
(Must be a spectacular Plaque)

The pictures of the plaque is on page 19 the second version of the Sales guide.

I just hope that you can get the non-museum personalized plaque with museum delivery. It could just be me but I would rather have the vette logo verses the NCM logo on my plaque with R8C.

JoesC5 04-26-2013 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Larry/car (Post 1583744825)
:ack: Sorry, back when? The plate bracket came with the car without the extra charge.

Front plate bracket has been a $15 option since the 1997 C5...16 years now.

fredl11 04-26-2013 04:46 PM

Ok! My wish list came out to $64,885. Now I NEED to SEE on in Person!!! and then decide on a color. :)

Tonylmiller 04-26-2013 04:47 PM

Wow, my expectations are exceeded. I can't believe Chevy can sell them so cheap.

BMadden 04-26-2013 04:52 PM

Any pricing for the Remote Start option?

Z06-TT 04-26-2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1583744265)
Not understanding the deal with the removable roof options (Coupe). My question really is: the cars come standard with the removable roof as today, correct?

Otherwise, this pricing is a really nice surprise. I am also very happy that the microsuede can be ordered as a separate option. That is really cool and it will make all the difference in keeping the driver in place. Probably not likely to get a base / Z51 car, but we'll see...

The Z51 pricing is a screaming deal given the content

Originally Posted by GM'er (Post 1583744299)
Yes

Base car comes with a removable body color carbon fiber roof

Other options are:
- Transparent roof
- Visible Carbon Fiber
- Transparent & Body color
- Visible Carbon Fiber and Transparent

so i have to pay extra for them NOT to paint over the carbon fiber????

DJD 04-26-2013 04:54 PM

Call me stupid or whatever but is there no way possible way to pick up the car right there at the corvette museum or the assembly plant, load it onto a trailer and then get it inspected so you can knock off the 1k delivery charge? I know most corvette owners make more than the average joe and money is no option so 1k is pocket change, but is there no way to knock off the delivery charge?

JoesC5 04-26-2013 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Z06-TT (Post 1583745116)
so i have to pay extra for them NOT to paint over the carbon fiber????

The visible carbon fiber roof also has to be painted, but with a pretty expensive clear paint to prevent the carbon fiber from yellowing.

gthal 04-26-2013 05:04 PM

Fantastic pricing. Any idea if they released info on Canadian pricing?

Plexoer 04-26-2013 05:11 PM

Fantastic pricing, I am very happy... but can some one please explain why Laguna Blue is really a 1000 dollar option? Where do they get off charging 1000 dollars more for a color, I don't understand...

2K14C7 04-26-2013 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Plexoer (Post 1583745235)
Fantastic pricing, I am very happy... but can some one please explain why Laguna Blue is really a 1000 dollar option? Where do they get off charging 1000 dollars more for a color, I don't understand...

It's been this way for years. The extra cost is due to the tinted topcoat used for certain colors.

speedlink 04-26-2013 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe (Post 1583744226)
Been in the hobby since museum delivery started...... my understanding.... and I guess if I where one of them I'd understand..... Union Truckers get paid if they haul the car or not. Not sure where that "unearned" money goes, maybe the pension plan but that has been my understanding.

That $995 delivery is a negotiated average for the whole country. Whether it's being delivered in Seattle or Bowling Green. Even if it's delivered to the museum it does get loaded at the factory and delivered to the museum.

Hope this helps.

Dave@Ciocca 04-26-2013 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe (Post 1583744226)
Been in the hobby since museum delivery started...... my understanding.... and I guess if I where one of them I'd understand..... Union Truckers get paid if they haul the car or not. Not sure where that "unearned" money goes, maybe the pension plan but that has been my understanding.

Originally Posted by DJD (Post 1583745127)
Call me stupid or whatever but is there no way possible way to pick up the car right there at the corvette museum or the assembly plant, load it onto a trailer and then get it inspected so you can knock off the 1k delivery charge? I know most corvette owners make more than the average joe and money is no option so 1k is pocket change, but is there no way to knock off the delivery charge?

There is a Federal Mandate that states that all of the same car (Malibu, SRX, Corvette) must have the same destination on the window sticker regardless of where the car is going. That way, a dealer in Bowling Green would not have a price advantage of a cheaper car then me in Atlantic City and I would not have a cheaper car than a dealer in Seattle.

And, at least in the past, the cars were still loaded on the trailer and driven the 1 mile to the museum to be prepped and handed off to the dealer.

Dave

dmporter31 04-26-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1583745110)
Any pricing for the Remote Start option?

Standard with automatic transmission.

tome 04-26-2013 05:25 PM

This is the work of the awesome unions! They have in their contract that every car that leaves the factory, they get paid whether it goes on a truck for 1 mile or 10,000 miles. No vehicle goes from factory to any location without going on a union truck. When I picked up my Cooksky car, it was at a warehouse down the street getting the stripes and they wouldn't let me drive it off the lot to the museum even though it was legally my car. Unions doing there best to keep us happy. (Disclaimer--I am not a fan of unions) :cheers:

2K14C7 04-26-2013 05:25 PM

Nope. It's the same price whether it goes a mile and a half to the museum or to the east or west coast.

speedlink 04-26-2013 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1583744037)
The only thing I don't understand is if you get the Museum delivery, do you still have to pay the destination fee?

Seems like "double dipping" :)

Yes destination fee is part of the pricing. It's an average for every delivery, wherever it's going. It was done that way so that all dealerships have the same price for delivery. No one has an advantage.

Dave@Ciocca 04-26-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by tome (Post 1583745365)
This is the work of the awesome unions! They have in their contract that every car that leaves the factory, they get paid whether it goes on a truck for 1 mile or 10,000 miles. No vehicle goes from factory to any location without going on a union truck. When I picked up my Cooksky car, it was at a warehouse down the street getting the stripes and they wouldn't let me drive it off the lot to the museum even though it was legally my car. Unions doing there best to keep us happy. (Disclaimer--I am not a fan of unions) :cheers:

Sorry, this isn't the unions' fault. See my above post about federal mandate.

Dave